oozyism's guide to constructive discussion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Hurry up Oozy toss Dzemetriov Dzetroclovi a treat.. good boy!

Why is it.. No matter what, you are always right on his heels to back up what ever he says? Most of your posts are at least answers to questions and questions of your own...Why is it when Oozy is present, you seem to blindly back anything he spews?

You must see him talking circles and refusing to answer questions unless his questions are answered first.. How can you back a man with no conviction? Are you equally as hollow? I surely hope not!
edit on 12/20/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by lilstu21

I have to agree, to a point.

Alone, this thread is a good idea. However, the OPer is constantly breaking the rules they set forth in this. Now that I am signed in, and if asked, I will pull some prime examples if asked. Really, just run a search in the political madness area. Shouldn't take to long to find some.

That is the issue, the thread has a good message but the messenger is twisting, nay molesting that message. To take a topic explaining civil discussion, using anything but civil means, that is what is going on.

So yeah, good message, but I would rather hear it from someone who follows their own rules. Oozi, this would be equal to the way my government is acting right now. Do as I say, not as I do.

Anyway, I can not star nor flag this thread. While I agree the with the "fake topic" I do not agree with the way it was presented, and well here I am following the fake topic again instead of preparing for more insults!

Seriously, i dont get what you mean.

Sure he might have broken the forum rules before but he isn't band from this website but that dosn't give anybody the right to attack someone just because they don't always follow the rules or your opinions.

And no, i DONT think he's twisting he's own words in this thread, others are just to try and make him look bad, even if he hasn't been all that good in other threads, this childish behaviour of twisting the OPs words shouldn't realy be allowed no matter who the OP is.

And why do you think this is a "fake topic" for? its partially addressing a serious problem with this website that it didn't have a couple of years ago, mostly the amount of haters and trolls who do nothing but being horribly nasty on here. Surely there are other websites that actively supports that kind of behaviour and has an outlet for it. This website used to be so civilised, yet thats blown out of the water now that the moderators seem so lax now, and it's these reasons i'd avoid this website unless a topic/thread catch my interest and read as far as the trolls butt in.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

lilstu... If you scroll through Oozy's post history, you will come to the same conclusion as the rest of us. He is the major violator of the same rules he is preaching here. Please take a second to look through his posts..

This thread has good intentions... But if you will take 5 minutes to look through his history, you will soon see that this was an intentional dig at those that have opposed him in the past.

This would be the equivalent of OJ Simpson writing a thread on the ethical treatment of women.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilstu21
Seriously, i dont get what you mean.

Sure he might have broken the forum rules...

I am not talking about forum rules. I am talking about the very rules he has laid out in the OPost. He breaks this constantly, and should not be telling others how to follow them. That is the whole point of this thread though, isn't it. (Not a question.) He has this set up to cause those outbursts, so he can lord how he "follows the rules" but the dissenters do not. And, unfortunatly, he is right. I would go as far as to say he will be using this thread in future discussions, when someone disagrees with his POV he will check here to see if they are a "troll". If so, well then he can discount them by saying "You are a troll, here is proof" then link to this thread.

Of course, if he had thought that I suppose I just ruined those plans...shucks

but that dosn't give anybody the right to attack someone just because they don't always follow the rules or your opinions.

I agree!

And that is exactly what the OP is doing, attacking others for not following their rules or opinions. Yet it is okay (Good for you!) to do that, but others doing the same is wrong? Remember what I was saying about "Do as I say, not as I do"?

And no, i DONT think he's twisting he's own words...

That is fine, I don't think he is either. I KNOW he is. And it is way more than "word twisting", this is a molestation of a concept. It is disgusting, to say the least. (All my opinion. Don't want to "force" it.)

And why do you think this is a "fake topic" for? its partially addressing a serious problem...

That the OP contributes HEAVILY to. Which makes the idea of him as a spokesperson for change, well makes it just like my government. Do as I say, not as I do. (That has to sting the most, being exactly like that which one hates. Wow.)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

So your saying IF he wants to start a clean slate, he should just create a new profile if others don't want to forgive his past behaviour?

Or do you think that the OP is creating his own rules (or conspiracy) to make people say he is always right?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by adigregorio

So your saying IF he wants to start a clean slate, he should just create a new profile if others don't want to forgive his past behaviour?

I don't recall seeing an apology for past transgressions (his own definition of transgression set forth in the OPost). If he apologized and said "This is how I am going to act from now on." Well this would be a totally different thread, the OPost would not have the current words it has.

Or do you think that the OP is creating his own rules (or conspiracy) to make people say he is always right?

The OPer is stating the obvious, and using "loaded examples". When someone dissents at the examples he ridicules them for not following the OPost. THAT is what is going on, and THAT is what the plan was.

The OPost is correct, that is how people should discuss items of discussary. However, the OPer constantly does the OPPOSITE of what is is telling others to do.

No conspiracy, just an attempt at manipulation. Rather tasty one I might add.

EDIT (To Add)
Oh, I don't think Oozism should change who they are at all. I just wish they wouldn't hate me so. But, I don't live in the perfect world, and someone has to hate me.
edit on 12/20/2010 by adigregorio because: Afterthought

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

LIL... You can look at posts as recent as yesterday, of him breaking nearly ALL of the rules he has layed out here. I would say "props to Oozy" if he was trying to turn over a new leaf.

This thread was simply a dig at those that oppose his views.. Oozy has a knack for circle talk.. I give him credit, he is very good at it.. I have watched many people crumble under Oozy's circle talk and question dodging.

oozy has play book.. It consists of mostly Anti-American/Israeli propaganda mixed in with some pro-Islam material.

I really wish you would look through his history... All of this would suddenly make sense.

Oozy generalizes Americans exactly like he complains we do about Islam.. Hypocrisy runs deep in Oozy's play book!

edit on 12/20/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

You can look at posts as recent as yesterday, of him breaking nearly ALL of the rules he has layed out here.

Exactly thank you. You have further enhanced my point that the thread was never about educating people on how to post a reply! but rather a "cheap shot" "back door" style attempt at pushing his Anti American Agendas! this is point is further supported by the fact you & other ATS members have noted he does not follow them rules himself, so of course it was front to bash! Star for you - massive fail for Oozy's thread We all saw it for what it really was!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Umm, yeah, who are you to tell anyone here "how to" anything? Just the mere fact that you wrote this shows me you think yourself fairly special. I don't post that much but I read here daily and you are easily one of the worst people here when it comes to non constructive debate.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Dud, this is exactly what the OP is taking about. OP makes a thread about having a civil conversation and you make it about him somehow being anti-american. You just proved him right and clearly didn't learn how to have a civil conversation.

I don't know about everyone else but I HAVE A LOW TOLERANCE FOR IGNORANCE

I have had been involved in threads with Oozi both on his side and against and I have not had a problem at all. We both generally present good points and then move on. Any educated person can see the difference in people who know how to debate and those who do not. I have no problem with OP trying to bring a little knowledge and decorum to this forum. The slogan is, after all: deny ignorance
edit on 20-12-2010 by Skerrako because: to win the argument

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

You seemed to have swallowed a monthly dose of it here then... If you have not been familiar with Oozy and his posting "style" .. Please, I implore you, go back through his history.. You will see what 99% of us are talking about.

90% of are NOT wrong.. We all know Oozy and can see the hypocrisy of him writing this thread.

Before judging us... Look and see the man behind this thread... All you'll have to do, is open 3 or 4 of his posts to see our point.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

ok, im starting to get where you'll (you ALL) are coming from, but my original point is simply don't shoot the messenger, he might be trying to explain his opinions but they're not coming out properly or people arn't understanding what he's trying to say.

And btw, i'm british, so kinda dislike both muslims and americans to a point (more muslims than americans, surely you should understand, being you all sound intelligent enough.), but i hate my own country because of the government, but i don't slander my own country often. so whether oozie is pro this or pro that, i really don't care. it's the attemt to educate basic understanding on how to make discussions is what he's trying to do. Remember, i said BASIC understanding.

So who cares if he's contracdicting what he posted, clearly you all do, all up in arms about what he posted before in other places (even in his own profile!).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

OK Ive had it!
Just look at the mess all of you made! That's right just look at it!
When the OP get's back there is going to be some explaining to do!
Despicable

edit on 20-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

He's using it to try and hide his anti-US propoganda. Most of us can see through it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Read all the posts in this thread. If oozy was being sincere & actually followed the rules he wrote in the Original Post then he might have a point!. He clearly does not follow the rules he preaches! Then he fills the post with Anti American propaganda & thinks we are stupid enough no to see it. Then his buddies & himself call people trolls & imply thread derailing. They set it up this way. Everyone called his bluff & it back fired on him big time! it's your opinion fine! You are entitled and unlike some I will not brandish the word "Ignorant" because I don't agree with you!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

did you even bother reading my last post?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It is not the subject or the content.. Oozy has a way of demanding answers to his questions without answering anyone else.. You will answer his...yet he says the answer isn't sufficient. In short..

He will make statements without sources.. So you prove that he is wrong with sources... he simply changes subject and asks you a question.. You ask him the original question.. He then demands you answer his second question.. before he will answer your first question.. You can not ask Oozy a question without first bowing to his demands.. When you do get an answer.. It will be his version of an answer.. Not really the question you asked in the first place..

It is a viscous circle.. Over and over again.

Than.. rinse and repeat.

Now, on to his content.. he says that Muslims are blamed for a select few.. Yet he puts all Americans and Israeli's in a basket because of a few..

He is Anti-American and Anti-Israel.. but claims to hate the Govts.... yet his posts are blatant shred fests on all things American or israeli..

He refuses to see Islam as a religion of violence.. He claims that Islam is the only true religion.. Christianity is far more violent in his world...

Islam is a religion of peace - Only fanatic Muslims are violent.. The Quaran is the only true word of god....

And on and on and on and on....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yes, and my reply stands. His real aim isn't to educate but to slander, whilst you agree he is contradictive, you still think he is just trying to help.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

i still don't really get it, you all make it sound like he's making a convenient conspiracy to join he's side yet i just don't see it.

Aint the point of this thread (the ORIGINAL post, not what you lot is hamering on about) is to show an EXAMPLE of how to make a good discussion?! NOT whether america/islam is good or bad! Those are just EXAMPLES.

And sure, he may have talked repeatedly about those issuses before plenty of times but if he was smart enough to use something else as examples we would not be discussing this right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have followed this thread from the start and have refused the temptation to comment until now.

I have crossed swords with oozy probably as much as anyone here on ATS and though I disagree with him on nearly everything he posts and he absolutely infuriates me at times I do have a grudging respect for him.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed about him, however, I think the personal attacks have gone far enough.
It's time to concentrate on the content rather than the person, as hard as it is to seperate the two in a thread such as this.

This post is not intended as a criticism of anyone and is merely an observation and carries no official authority, nor do I wish to ever be in a position to do so.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join