It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oozyism's guide to constructive discussion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

It's okay, nobody cares about your ego complex and nobody hates YOU because you happen to live in the US and you happen to call yourself American. Or well...only people that are ignorant. Or have ego complexes, such as yourself.

Carry on though, it takes real winners to make you post? Who the hell are you?

Edit:

Seriously, "constructive discussion"? Who gets to define constructive?

Erm...are you serious? Do you understand the meaning of the word constructive? I think you need to read the OP again and yes that implies that you lack reading comprehension skills as you demonstrate it yourself. I am simply AMAZED by statements like this. Really.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

How would you propose to better your own nation if all you do is show respect to those that abuse you?

Many How is oozy being abuse din New Zealand! lol at your logic!

And how can expressing your own view, which you are allowed to according to law, be disrespectful?

Because with oozy it is attack attack attack. There is never a good word! It gets old & tired it's like he is

Sounding like a broken MP3 player!

As someone else would say! It gets really really old all the US bashing! Then there are the cases like this thread where he has attempted to hide his disgusting propaganda under the guise of a legit thread! Got you again!

Personally, I think you're an ill-informed individual. I bet you can't even explain how your own government functions without using google.

My oh my trying to insult again is that the best you got? I am obviously a lot more qualified, informed, well read & wiser than you will ever be! By the way thanks for calling me Sonny in a previous post I don't get many compliments like that at my age ... Cheers for that! lol lol

Define ignorance.

Here is heads up for you! You bandy this term around and apply it to others like you actually understand what it means! And before you try throw this one back Who are you again? Continually (once might be OK) replying to your off topic stuff is getting pretty boring but will accommodate you if required! I don't give up!

lack of knowledge, information, or education;

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In all seriousness,

Might I suggest for the sake of maintaining a thread meant to guide people in the area of constructive discussion as your thread title reads to not use examples within the thread that you have such a strong opinion about which in effect could be used as ammo for other?. I'm not stating your opinions right or wrong but don't you think it more effective to use in the thread examples like "apples and oranges" or "A and B/ 1 and 2"?

Such substitutions, as the one I provided, would stave off replies by others who take the examples you use as the intention on your part to influence others of your ideology. Unless of course that was your intent from the beginning but that is only speculation on my part.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Did you read the OP?

How is your insulting post "Constructive Discussion"?

-Fake Topic Alert-
See what I mean, this threads intention is to "get back" at the people who disagree with the examples in the OP.

OOPS! That was the real topic! Sorry, here:

Constructive discussion is only available if all parties are privvy to the definitions of both of the words, and with all the "odd" behavior in this thread by the defenders of the "fake topic" and the OPer...well I don't think I have the proper definitions...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Many How is oozy being abuse din New Zealand! lol at your logic!

I'm not talking about oozy here, I'm talking about the population in Western countries. Something with propaganda.
Interesting to know you are all so fascinated by what Oozy has to say though, here's a nice term for your vocabulary: Mancination.

Besides that, I'm nobody. A nobody that is handing your ass to you on a silver plate in this thread.

Thank you for answering rethorical questions though, it must be really funny to an outsider reading this...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Excuse me, that is not the topic of this thread.

Care to follow the rules you and the OP are defending?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You don't understand do you? It is irrelevant because the topic has been derailed already. Besides that, the OP offered you a way to constructively sweep his legs from underneath him in an argument, all the trolls could have done it if they weren't so intellectually handicapped. Insulting? So when you are schooled it is insulting to you? What a great way to look at things! You must be really educated on a lot of issues!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Sigh. It is irrelevant, the thread was derailed from page 1 by the trolls you are starring and who are starring you! It's increasingly funny to feed you trolls because really...you feel insulted because you lack reading comprehension skills?

Hunk of bare nerves you trolls are. Poke, poke.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

AHHH I understand now!

1) You can talk off topic if you are on the OPer's side (or a friend of their ideals...)

2) You can NOT talk off topic if you are NOT on the OPer's side (or an enemy of their ideals...)

(That would have made it alot easier in crafting a response, if you would have come out and said it a long time ago.)

Oh, and THIS is insulting:

It's okay, nobody cares about your ego complex and nobody hates YOU because you happen to live in the US and you happen to call yourself American. Or well...only people that are ignorant. Or have ego complexes, such as yourself.

What were you telling me about my comprehension skills? (Another insult if I remember right...)

Constructive discussion....yeah right.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

The whole thread is about how oozy used a otherwise legit thread to push an anti-american agenda. get with the program & try to keep up! Don't bring other countries or people into it is about Oozy. Deviating the thread to support your mate!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

1) You can talk off topic if you are on the OPer's side (or a friend of their ideals...)

Erm, not really. I jumped in somewhere in page 2 or 3 where the thread had already been derailed. Everyone was posting off-topic...what makes you firmly believe that I cannot respond to off-topic replies?

2) You can NOT talk off topic if you are NOT on the OPer's side (or an enemy of their ideals...)

Erm, I think you need to read the topic in a chronological order and you will see that people assault the OP for his person and not for the post he made, which in all honesty, was apt to the situation on ATS. The example he used drew out the trolls, and special posters...like yourself

Oh, and THIS is insulting:

No. It is insulting because you interpret it that way. Besides, you do show an ego complex when you say stuff like: it takes a special kind of poster to make me sign in. Who gives a hoot who the hell you are to sign in? Constructive? Absolutely not, Egomaniac? Absolutely so. I'll let you wallow in that bit of ignorance you posted...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sigh. It is irrelevant, the thread was derailed from page 1 by the trolls you are starring and who are starring you! It's increasingly funny to feed you trolls because really...you feel insulted because you lack reading comprehension skills?

Hunk of bare nerves you trolls are. Poke, poke.

No thread derail here, Oozy's true agenda, the real intention of thread was put out & exposed!. He had no real intention to explain how post constructively. It was a poorly hatched out attempt to bash America more without people noticing! This has been supported by many others on ATS as well. You are also creating another deviation saying the thread wad derailed lol!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Honestly, I think this thread is designed to "talk down" to people such as yourself. (And now me I suppose!)

Oozi knew you would see that agenda, so they created a thread in which when you call them on the carpet you become a "troll". And this is true, anytime you point out the agenda you see, Oozi gets another chance to "talk down" to you, someone who did not follow the OPost.

Quite nifty when you think about it.

1) Can "semi" press their agenda

2) Discredits their opponents by making them "bad discussers"

And we Americans are sneaky meanies, ehh?
edit on 12/20/2010 by adigregorio because: Discredites changed to: Discredits

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh yes bleedingly obvious. But took the tact to go with him on it & wait for him to hang himself!. "Give him enough rope" as the saying goes. he did it, he dared to respond!. "called his bluff" so to speak. yeah bro I could see that one coming a mile off!

edit on 20-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

PPS New computer, no spell checker as of yet. So apologies for this scrawling.

Off topic, but I use TinySpell. Works good for on-the-fly writing. I haven't used a full wordprocessor in years.

tinyspell.numerit.com...
Occasionally you need to check spelling in an application that does not include a spelling checker and you don't want to launch your word processor just for that. This is when tinySpell becomes handy. It is a small utility that allows you to easily and quickly check and correct the spelling in any Windows application.

tinySpell can watch your typing on the fly and alert you whenever it detects a misspelled word.
It can also check the spelling of text that you copy to the clipboard.
tinySpell installs itself in the system tray for easy access.

edit on 20-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Erm, not really. I jumped in somewhere in page 2 or 3 where the thread had already been derailed. Everyone was posting off-topic...what makes you firmly believe that I cannot respond to off-topic replies?

Sweet! You are trying to "play" with me! Alright, I will answer your question if you can point out where I stated it was my belief you could not respond to off-topic replies. If you are referencing the quote you are responding to, I don't see how one sentence makes it a belief. Also, I stated it was an "understanding" and I could misunderstand. Of course you know that don't you? That is why you chose the lable "belief", alot harder to change that. Anyway, I don't want to give away your game I mean no fun in that.

Erm, I think you need to read the topic in a chronological order and you will see that people assault the OP for his person and not for the post he made, which in all honesty, was apt to the situation on ATS. The example he used drew out the trolls, and special posters...like yourself

AHH another "understanding" has been reached.

In this thread, two wrongs make a right. Check! (If you would read the thread as much as you tell others to you would see I just entered the topic, I said I had been reading from the begining. (Though you are such a great comprehender, you had to have seen that!))

See I can veil insults too! Except mine are hollow, because I do not believe them. I know what you are doing, and you know what you are doing. I would beg to guess you are a bit smarter than the average Joe, or Jane. (Honest!)

No. It is insulting because you interpret it that way.

Using that judgement, it is only off topic because you intrepret that way. America is only "bad" because you intrepret it that way. Again, I ask you folks to practice what you preach!

Besides, you do show an ego complex when you say stuff like: it takes a special kind of poster to make me sign in.

Hmm misquoting me? With your comprehension skills you seem to have omitted the " " from special! Regardless, why does that show an ego complex? You have no idea how wrong you are about me, an infantilist with an ego complex THAT is funny. (I have no ego complex. Due to that whole baby thing.) Of course you would have to know me to make a judgement like that about me, imagine that!

Who gives a hoot who the hell you are to sign in?

Well you keep responding to me, so someone cares.

And where do I express the care for caring? Usually people like to know why stuff happens, I know I do! So I explained why I was doing what I was doing, isn't that part of the blessed topic? (Want to tell me to read it again, I have been using it the whole time...)

I don't need to copy the last part of your quote, the insults are apparent. Like I said, you guys hate me cause of where I live. You know nothing else about me, other than I live in mean ol' America. Well last I checked America has not invaded anything, it was the US Government. Why not focus on them, and leave me alone? Wouldn't that be constructive?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
oozyism

Please stop tring to explain to the trolls, they are deliberatly trying to annoy you. you did a good job trying to describe how to make a constructive discussion but being what ats has now become, sad little trolls will always try too shoot your (and others) point down by trying to derail the subject and twisting your words.

Other than that, s&f for trying

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is awsome.. Oozy do you believe me now, when i say "EVERYONE see's you for the troll you are" You dont answer questions, while demanding answers. You blatantly lie and twist the truth to fit your agenda. I am by far not a model ATS member, but I know my roll.

You on the other hand, always portray yourself as "holier than thou" .. This couldn't be further from the truth.

You hate America, proving this to an obsession level in every last one of your posts. You prove this by using anti-American examples.

You have no right to post this thread. You are what is wrong with logical debate.

All you are about is circle talk and dodging of questions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lilstu21

I have to agree, to a point.

Alone, this thread is a good idea. However, the OPer is constantly breaking the rules they set forth in this. Now that I am signed in, and if asked, I will pull some prime examples if asked. Really, just run a search in the political madness area. Shouldn't take to long to find some.

That is the issue, the thread has a good message but the messenger is twisting, nay molesting that message. To take a topic explaining civil discussion, using anything but civil means, that is what is going on.

So yeah, good message, but I would rather hear it from someone who follows their own rules. Oozi, this would be equal to the way my government is acting right now. Do as I say, not as I do.

Anyway, I can not star nor flag this thread. While I agree the with the "fake topic" I do not agree with the way it was presented, and well here I am following the fake topic again instead of preparing for more insults!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
mwawahaha

I love this thread.

Good on ya, Oozy

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join