It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oozyism's guide to constructive discussion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i was under the impression that the ATS forums & the threads started were designed as a form

of 'free association'... like random thoughts in a freeedom of speech context.

now, you are suggesting that all posters follow a type of pre-determined 'Form'
with which to submit replies...

sorry, i have enough 'Forms'... or standardized submissions in my life...
i'd much rather read honest, from the gut discourse
there are plenty of places to 'present essay papers', formal Debate presentations
that you think are of higher class...

think of the homespun, cowboy- philosopher Will Rogers www.brainyquote.com...

Random thoughts is not constructive discussion.

What do you think a thread filled with random thoughts will lead to?

I for one believe it will lead to the same irony this thread faced. Starting from personal insults ---> anger ---> rage ---> nothing useful produced through the discussion.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Random thoughts is not constructive discussion.

What do you think a thread filled with random thoughts will lead to?

I for one believe it will lead to the same irony this thread faced. Starting from personal insults ---> anger ---> rage ---> nothing useful produced through the discussion.

I don't see how a thread themed to solicit these reactions would be in any way like a thread of random thoughts.

Or was this just a chance to plug the "dissenters are bad guys" line?

(Sure reminds of of the line(s) my government feeds me. Keep pounding it in, eventually someone has to believe it.)

Random thoughts would be a step up from this thread, which was designed for hate. I am gathering more evidence, ATS does not like hoaxers. Creating a thread to trick dissenters to respond, so you can lable them "trolls" and "non constructive" is hoaxing with a vengenace.

(Don't forget the whole irony too, I mean someone who breaks every rule he lists as "constructive" should not really be telling others how to behave. Again, like the US Government, do as I say, not as I do.)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by phatpackage

The topic is about productive discussions.

How about post something on topic and tell us how ATS should discuss the issues at hand?

Should they insult each other when ever the chance of disagreements come?

Oozyism, do those guys follow you everywhere? Talk about wrong end of the stick lol.

I don't think I have ever seen such an hilariously inappropriate response to an OP as the one you got at the beginning of this thread! Are they joking or not?

Looks like somebody thinks you can't discuss American foreign policy even just to illustrate something else...

Maybe you should have used Batman versus Spiderman.
POINT: Batman is cooler than Spiderman.
Evidence: Have you seen the suit Spiderman wears?
Counter: Red is an attractive colour? I wear it all the time and people think I'm cool.
Response: Wearing your underwear outside your pants does not look cool even if red is attractive.
Conclusion: Spiderman looks like an ass!

Now Spidey fans, I'm only using this as an example...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join