It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevertolate

So this may be a fake story,,,,, but it is just a wake up call to the real problems we have to deal with.

No. A fake story is fake. It has nothing to do with reality whatsoever. If a scenario is totally false or even skewed to meet an agenda, then still using it as proof, or in your words "a wake up call," is blatantly ignoring the untruthfulness of it and still taking it as proof. I can understand why many people act this way as the media sets the example, but falsehoods, even when they sound true, are still falsehoods. Just because a falsehood seems realistic to you, does not mean you can hold it up as an analogy or example of the truth.

To believe to the contrary is a severe sign of delusion.

Things have gotten out of control and the problem is getting worse evryday. Here in Canada my wife needed a home worker to come in to give her a sponge bath and do duties that we could not due as we are both disabled. They sent a muslim lady who would not even come in the house as we had 3 dogs. I asked them to send someone else they said we had to cage the dogs,,, I said I would not as they lived with us for 10 years and were part of our family. Well now we get no help and I try to do it all myself...

I'm sorry for your situation, but lots of people are scared of dogs. This is hardly a reason to become so prejudiced.

We moved away from Vancouver as they have taken it over.... back to Alberta where there are very few, I guess they don't like the cold weather....

Are you serious? Have you seen the Hindu Kush, Atlas mountains or the Caucuses in winter?

Can't help it I don't like them ....just waiting for people to awaken and see we true homesteaders who came and made this country are now the minority .

Yeah, so those pesky Italians, Koreans and Portuguese up in Canada are fair game for Patriotic Anglos to snipe off? What do you mean by that? How do you factor in the Aleut or Tlingit or my ancestors, the French Canadians? And exactly who is a "true homesteader" in your opinion down here in the US? None of my Italian ancestors? or my Irish ancestors who braved the winters in the late 1800s in the Adirondack mountains?

Would you call me some half-breed less than good-enough, not true citizen of this land?

Wait till they ban Christmas and all our Christmas music as it offends them....

Christmas is one day...(or 12 days if you go by that one song) and honestly, the best rock station down here in Florida has been Christmas carols since the week of Thanksgiving. My Moroccan friend, native Floridian friend and myself were all commiserating the repetition of "All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey or "Last Christmas" by Wham for the last four weeks instead of some Black Sabbath or Led Zep.

So, if Muslims are offended by Christmas music, then I would join them in that protest. Christmas music for more than a month prior to the holiday can only be described as one thing: consumerist mind-conditioning. Merry Christmas. Buy Now. Happy Holidays. Cash or Credit. The baby Jesus in the manger. Get another piece of crap made in China if you buy two for $19.95 (real value $60!!!) ...Jesus is the reason for the "season" my ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Well we had home care for a month before the muslim showed up,, no problems,,,, till she complained .
No one pays attention to what is happening till it directly affects them.
You follow the trend as you had to throw in the indians being the true settlers,, can't say anything anymore with out being corrected...getting so tiring,,,,,,,
when will it end.... times sure have changed , and not for the better

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazygrappler
[...]blowing the smoke and mouth watering smells of lechon to his most holy neighbor.

Yeah, and once we get rid of the Muslims, we'll tackle those annoying Hispanics and their perniles and lechones. Does the whole "first they came for the X, but I was not an X, so I did nothing" saying ring a bell. I assume you are Hispanic because of the "lechon" comment, so why not take a step back and consider how you want to align yourself very carefully as you push this argument forward.

Besides, as they've said, the story is skewed by an Israeli propaganda site.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Yes by settlers I mean all nationalities,,,, but I know of none of them trying to force their beliefs on everyone else,,, they blended into the country and didn't try to make it into the country they left behind by forcing changes on the rest...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

My grandparents came from the Ukraine....
Your comment about whose next ,,, anyone not comforming or wanting to blend into the way of life in our countries... You come here to live within the country not change it into another different one.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

Originally posted by Lazygrappler
[...]blowing the smoke and mouth watering smells of lechon to his most holy neighbor.

Yeah, and once we get rid of the Muslims, we'll tackle those annoying Hispanics and their perniles and lechones. Does the whole "first they came for the X, but I was not an X, so I did nothing" saying ring a bell. I assume you are Hispanic because of the "lechon" comment, so why not take a step back and consider how you want to align yourself very carefully as you push this argument forward.

Besides, as they've said, the story is skewed by an Israeli propaganda site.

You assume wrong. You assume just because I used the word lechon, that I couldn't possible use a different word for roasted suckling pig and still be white, that's not very open minded of you. As for your facetious attempt to drag me into a race war it wont work, nice try though.

"Align" myself? You act as if its us vs them.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nevertolate

Yes, but of the Muslims I know here in the US, I have not encountered any that try to force me to be Muslim or force their beliefs on me. Of Course, that is not the same for the Christians, despite the variety of sects and beliefs that don't seem to mesh well, having forced their sentiments on religion on the nation.

You have yet to produce evidence that this is the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

When Muslims move into an area they fit in nicely as a minority.... Watch out though.. Once majority status is achieved they start changing laws and having ordinances changed. Look to Dearborn Michigan for examples of that.

They changed the noise ordinance laws to allow LOUD speakers to play the call to prayer 5 times a day... Not to mention the announcements prior to and following the call to prayer.

They are also (male and female) allowed to wear their ridiculous head garments in their DMV/SOS pictures.. But I can't wear my ball cap???

Allot of you will say "well its the authorities/Govt. fault" Big stinking pile of BS... If they didn't cry like repressed whiney spoiled brats.. All of this would be a non issue.

I truly, from the bottom of my soul can not stand Islam and muslims... The are the only religion that doesn't seem to be smart enough to fit into modern civilization. They refuse to evolve...

There are cases of blind folks and their walking dogs, being forced off of buses because Muslims can't stand dogs...

I welcome the day that we finally say enough is enough.. Blend in with our ways and culture or get the hell out...
edit on 12/16/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazygrappler

True, I am not Hispanic either and clearly I know what "lechon" is as well. However, it is odd for someone to use it in an English-speaking context that was not otherwise involving or implying Hispanic (or granted, Filipino) heritage. I mean, if we were talking about how Jewish people not eating shellfish, it would be odd for me to say "let's throw the camarones on the grill and blow the aromas towards their house". Clearly you can see what I mean? At any rate, Interesting lexical choice. Sorry if I offended you.

But...

It's not us vs them. I did not mean "whites" versus "non-whites" if that is what you are getting at (and whatever "white" would mean at any rate). I was referring to the language that you were invoking. If you are indeed multicultural enough to use non-English words like "lechon" in a purely English context, then surely you have some awareness of Hispanic cultures. And surely you must be aware of derisive comments made about them despite their being a heterogeneous group of people.

So, my analysis still stands: why would you lump all Muslims together as Islamists. Are all Hispanics Charismatics? Are they all this or that? Would you make such statements?

As far as a "race war", I do believe, with all due respect, that you dragged yourself into that with your "pork" comments. They were unnecessary "race-baiting" at face value.

Are you trying to emulate MacArthur or something?

The validity of my point stands, whether you are Hispanic or not.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Sphota because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

Yeah, well Karaoke offends me. I don't have to go to a Karaoke bar though. Last night I was at one, not for the music, for the 5 dollar pitchers and one group of people sang in Spanish. But this is South Florida, so it is expected. At any rate, some punk kid through up a stink at one end of the bar saying this is bs and what not (that they were singing in Spanish).

But what does it matter, they were as off key as the guy singing Niel Diamond before them. If the language itself offended the guy, i don't know what to tell him, but Karaoke is karaoke. Could I get up and sing a song by Pavarotti and would the fact that I was off key in Italian offend him ...or you?

My point is that it doesn't matter if what they do offends you. One might be offended by the exploitation of women in our society, despite "feminism". Their objectification. Or maybe I'm offended that the only representation of valued love between a man and a woman in Christmas commercials is implied by two or three-pay-check diamond necklaces. What about that?

Brazilians are not Muslims, but in rural Brazilian culture it is common to "pair off" at the age of 12 - no sex of course, marriage occurs later, maybe 16. I doubt that sex is occurring with a six year old. And if it does occur in some random situation in the Middle East, I'm sure it's about as frequent as it occurs in this country. And I'm sure most everyone in both cultures would be offended by it, not the least of whom, the parents - Christian, Muslim or whatever.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If the story is true as reported then the biggest a-hole in this is the Judge.How many times has the Judge been identified as the Instigator in this thread? Probably not much. Its almost as if he enforced a stupid and bizzare ruling on purpose so that he could cause outrage. Any normal judge would have dismissed the case.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Yes, but when a majority of whoever occupies a space, it becomes common place to adapt the rules to fit the majority.

Also, how loud is the call to prayer then? Have you been to hear it? Was it perhaps just bureaucracy at work. You have to follow the rules you know. Is it really that it's loud, or that it is an audible noise that must fit code, so code is adjusted. What about Church bells?

People always overreact to everything. (not you; people in a given area). In Phoenix people complained about the church bells. I'm not particularly Christian, but what do I care about a few dings of the church bell. What, a couple times a day. Most noticeably at noon. Perhaps more so on Sunday morning? Call to prayer, five times a day. How long does a call to prayer even last?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevertolate
reply to post by Sphota

Yes by settlers I mean all nationalities,,,, but I know of none of them trying to force their beliefs on everyone else,,, they blended into the country and didn't try to make it into the country they left behind by forcing changes on the rest...

Because a carer for the elderly was afraid of your dogs?

This is the most interesting conspiracy theory I ever heard!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Yes I also say enough.
Your right on,,,, come in meek till your numbers build then start demanding.
Here in Canada they figured they should have some become RCMP police ,,, then started demanding that bubbles be placed on the roofs of the police cars so they could wear their turbans,,,,,,hmmmm
It never ends only get worse, if they are not happy maybe time to leave...
And I have not had any religions forced on me,, other than the jehova Witnesses every second week knocking on my door,,,lol

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If the story is true as reported then the biggest a-hole in this is the Judge.How many times has the Judge been identified as the Instigator in this thread? Probably not much. Its almost as if he enforced a stupid and bizzare ruling on purpose so that he could cause outrage. Any normal judge would have dismissed the case.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

The story is not true, as reported and there never was a judge.

An old nag simply had to pay 800,- €, because he even ignored the police officers.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Its not a theory its the truth. Had homecare over a month. Have 3 dogs , 2 golden retreivers, one toy poodle about 6lbs. Always locked the goldens in the bedroom when worker came as they just get in the way too friendly,, but had the poodle loose as she had three puppies to care for.... The muslim lady come in the door when she saw the poodle and said we had to lock her up, we said she had puppies to care for and would stay in the kennel with them. She said she could not stay with dogs and left.... We asked for the regular workers to come only ,,,, I guess they thought we were discriminating,,, yes we were we needed help from people not discriminating against us....Boiled down to us telling them to forget it ...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazygrappler

I hope he does not forget the gals in bikinis and his stereo playing "Onward Christian Soldiers" just below the decible level of the noise ordinance.

If you hold on to your beliefs with strength, you are not moved to outrage by slights and perhaps even defamation made against it. You might be seriously offended, but being solid in your belief system enables you to rise above it. The truth you see in your belief system inures you from the petty.

That belief system might be religious, political or any other for that matter.

My sense is that people who are defensive about their beliefs are those who are easily moved to outrage. They are defensive about it because there is much to be defensive about in the construct of modern Islam as practiced in many parts of the world. They would be far better off directing their outrage at the people who are preverting their religion rather than the gent who is yodeling.

They are either not directing their outrage in that direction for 1 of two reasons. 1. they fundamentally believe in parts of what we typically call the extremist view of Islam or 2. They are afraid to speak out.

both are very troubling reasons

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To me it is troubling, that a report about a yodling local yokel gets that long and includes so much hate against people around the world, who never heard about that farce...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Yeah, so those pesky Italians, Koreans and Portuguese up in Canada are fair game for Patriotic Anglos to snipe off? What do you mean by that? How do you factor in the Aleut or Tlingit or my ancestors, the French Canadians? And exactly who is a "true homesteader" in your opinion down here in the US? None of my Italian ancestors? or my Irish ancestors who braved the winters in the late 1800s in the Adirondack mountains?

Patriotic Anglos?

Yeah, we see your racist colors. What makes you say Anglo? Could be someone who is French, or Indian for all you know. People like you who seem to feel so inclined to defend the rights of others in situations like this always wind up slipping with your racist agenda.

Obviously there has been an ongoing feud with the Muslims and the guy yodeling, and the tactic of the Muslims has now been to call the police at every turn. Every neighborhood seems to have its share of busy bodies always complaining to the police. The thing is that Muslims don't just have problems in Europe, they have problems where ever they go, and not just with Anglos.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join