It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I now see how someone as retarded as George Bush led the lemmings into a war about nothing.

They will militantly oppose anything that the idiot box tells them to.

This is easily the most out of context, misconstrued nonsense I have ever seen.

The case outlined REPEATED OFFENSES of verbal slurs and harassment which the Austrian yodeler pled guilty to.

Now, promptly forget this information and continue arguing about the "Muslim problem" in this situation.

You folks really are starting to make me sick. The idiot box makes you think you're making opinions about things instead of regurgitating nonsense.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yes and when you cover your face I also find that offensive so take off your hoodie and reveal yourself and stop living life under a veil.

Expose your beauty women dont let some scumbaggio tell you what to do. If you all one day took of your veils do you think they would kill you all for ofending islam.

Doubt it.

If they killed all the woman they would have no women to bare the children. Think about it.

Chose you destiny and your fate its your choice.

No one can control you. Yes they can tie you up beat you and cut off your head remeber the religion of peace ya thats them. But in the end you stood your ground and you were free.

Women are incredible and men should be thankful for all that the go through to please them.

thank you ladies. and god bless

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well lets see
1) the neighbors are morons for complaining about someone singing in their yard (even if the singing sucks)
2) the true problem here is Austria's ruling that something may offend someone, therefore tag it.

No matter what you do, your going to offend someone somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by dolphinfan

Expose your beauty women dont let some scumbaggio tell you what to do.

I stopped reading here, because you ARE the scumbaggio telling them what to do.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This reminds me of the crazy laws we have that would go something like:

"No one is allowed to walk backwards while giving birth on a Monday night while the moon is out."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I'm terlling them to be free and do as they wish. I'm not ordering them to do it. They have no idea what freedom is. Dont make me post that sudan videa of the woman being wipped for wearing pants you funny, understanding, controlled, kind, indepentant, not good. SMARTY

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Let me guess you agree with the judge. I think it is offensive to be offensive.

I bet you dont even live is the great US of A.

MUSLIM are not all terrorists. Not all of them. Only the good ones right.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

How about the call to prayer. Go over to Saudi ARabia and tell their governemt that the call to prayer is offensive.

And goodbye off with your head for offending islame.

Start living your life my friend. Life is to short to put up with this type of crap.

RB out.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
2) the true problem here is Austria's ruling that something may offend someone, therefore tag it.

There Was No Ruling.

The story is a bust. It didn't happen. The yodeler paid a fee because he was guilty of harassment. The court case was dropped.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by discordantone

Very well put mate

It's very true, people are already starting to show there unrest over these people. America and Uk are welcoming everyone in, trying to be transparent and giving people the chance and option to do as they please but if these people continue to not only damage there own religious views but there character, then be ready to get back to your original country because we in the uk will not stand it, I doubt anywhere else will continue to do so. It's getting beyond the joke now. The laws are messed up, over here in manchester/uk an illegal Iraqi Kurd who ran over a 12 year old girl 7 years ago who was 'at the time' seeking an application for asylum, which failed. Now has been said that he can remain in the UK because he has family here and they cannot deport him to his country. You think this is right?

Here is what the father of the girl said.

"I'm battling away here on my own. This is a perversity of our society. What are the judges saying here? They are saying it doesn't matter what you do when you come here, who you kill, what laws you break, as long as you have a child here you can stay?"

( I quoted the above to state the corruptness in laws, I know it has nothing to do with religions. )

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's fine for a GERMAN version of a story about an Austrian case but an Austrian news outlet has it differently.

Austrian Times

The men reportedly accused the 63-year-old of having tried to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin. The daily paper writes the Austrian was fined 800 Euros after judges ruled he could have tried to offend them and ridicule their belief. The Muslims, whose nationalities were not revealed by the report, were right in the middle of a prayer when the Austrian started to yodel.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They're quoting The Kronen Zeitung newspaper (on 11/29). This false story 'got out' and was repeated all over the net but then was deleted for factual errors. I've done the research.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The judge should be fired immediately.

And the muslims told if they don't like it, they can stick it in their pipe.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SLAYER69

They're quoting The Kronen Zeitung newspaper (on 11/29). This false story 'got out' and was repeated all over the net but then was deleted for factual errors. I've done the research.

I'm not doubting you, however you haven't provided a link to verify what you claim. I've read all your replies thus far in this thread and you haven't provided anybody anywhere a link to said translation. I find your first reply interesting I'd love to read the source of your claims.

reply to post by coop039

Yeah, I just finished reading German to English translation of the real story. The TRUTH. Remember that?

The yodeler has been harassing his Muslim neighbors every Friday at prayer time for over a year and agreed to pay 800 Euros to prevent himself getting into trouble!
There was no "Judge Ruling" at ALL! This story is completely bunk!

Can't believe how many ATSers fell for it... Well, yes, I can. So many haters willing to believe anything.

edit on 16-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I've read all your replies thus far in this thread and you haven't provided anybody anywhere a link to said translation. I find your first reply interesting I'd love to read the source of your claims.

Plus, read the letters in your Austrian source, particularly the one from someone IN Austria. The story is right there.

I'm done leading people by the nose. If you want the TRUTH, look fr it. If you want to bitch about fantasy, carry on. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't feel like Muslims are the only ridiculously easily offended group around in the world today.
I feel like all people that consider themselves to be rigidly defined by a religious/racial/national label will feel like other groups are attempting to cross their boundaries. They are so concerned about the stereotype that "people hate Muslims" that sometimes innocent singing can be perceived as ridicule.
This will not change until people refuse to identify themselves by strict labels. Ultimately we are all human. We want the same basic freedoms, but those freedoms should be reasonable and should never restrict others.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Hello from austria.
Take it from a native:
Kronenzeitung.
Whenever you read that, you can rest assured that any similarity between the story and what really happened, are entirely coincidental, and not done on purpose.

Also in this case.
For those of you that can read german:
www.kobuk.at...

He was systematically being noisy, only during friday prayer times. He only stopped when the District Attorney came knocking, and managed to settle out of court.

Nice one.

I'm guessing that the ''Kronenzeitung'' is the Austrian equivalent of the Daily Mail, here in Britain.

It's amazing how some people will accept any news source, as long as their pre-conceived prejudices are supported by the text of the article, regardless of the accuracy of the 'news' story in question.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this was like Julie Andrews "The Little Goatherd" yodeling or countrified Martian killing Slim Whitman yodeling?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for posting a link.

Yet the Austrian Times themselves haven't posted a retraction?

I find that odd is all.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There Was No Ruling.

The story is a bust. It didn't happen. The yodeler paid a fee because he was guilty of harassment. The court case was dropped.

From the source:

Unfortunately for Helmut G., his neighbors were in the middle of a prayer when he started to yodel. The Kronen Zeitung reported that he was fined 800 Euros after judges ruled that he could have tried to offend his neighbors and ridicule their belief.

Are you saying this is incorrect? Do you have a source to counter this?

Edit/Add: Just read the snopes article saying something slightly different. hmm.
I wonder why the guy paid the fine then...hard to make a judgement considering the whole thing is gray
edit on 16-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join