It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

While atheists are ostracizing religious people, it gives them a reason to oppose us.

Sorry but I have to disagree, they already a reason not only oppose us but exterminate us according to their own scriptures.

While we were silent, people who have some rationality would constantly and quietly creep over to our side.

Indeed, however shouting out loud that it's ok not to believe in invisible sky gods and their alleged inerrant morals, and publicly challenging and demanding accountability . Empowers those who would perhaps otherwise live a life of quite desperation.

Take this young man for example, if we did not take his clearly delude mother to task publicly and demand of her reason, how lonely a life would it be for her clearly reasoning son ?

]

Because of all this atheism debate and bus sign arguments, we are now getting a bad name

Again, I must courteously remind you we already had a bad name, such as demon, heretic, infidel, morally sick, lost, uneducated, abomination, the dead etc etc

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Most don't understand faith because they have a dead
spirit.No light of truth shines from them and they stumble
in the darkness.
People of faith have the light of the Lord shining through
them,we don't walk in darkness.

The only thing I see shining through is your true colors. You pretty much managed to single-handedly stereotype yourself as a self-righteous, judgmental and hypocritical Christian. I hope one day you can release all this hatred towards everyone that is different and/or who challenges your incoherent belief system. Maybe then you will be able to see how you too walk in the deepest of darkness.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I read this post and laugh.

Is it any wonder governments refer to us as farm animals IE chattel

And religious dogma as dumb talking monkeys.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

An Eye for an Eye baby.....(Matthew 5:38)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb9b47835dc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Greater and Lesser people have tried to destroy the Jewish Faith. Everyone of them has Failed! The day if it should happen. All the stars, planets, moons, comets, asteroids would crash into our world. Destroy the Jewish Faith and we Destroy ourselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

NewAgeMan, I appreciate your comments, here, and in other threads where you have shared your positions.

If I was to guess, there can't be many like you (yet) that feel they have somehow accomplished the merger of Christianity and the New Age. I don't personally think that can be done, without a whole lot of major revisionism, but no doubt you're ahead of the curve. The New Age has legs, and from what I can tell, is certain to be accounted for by our masters in their coming religion.

In some of what I have seen you post, you do refer to the "I-Thou" as central to your belief system. I haven't seen you give the Jewish theologian Martin Buber credit quite yet, but probably somewhere you do. He was the original thinker on this issue with his 1923 "Ich und Du". I think because of his pioneering work on relational elements that should supersede others, he probably paved the way for a connection between the more pantheistic New Age, and a version of "monotheism" that blurs those old lines.

I mentioned the Omega Point in another post, Teihard de Chardin's contribution. Again, I can see some of these historical lines of thinking converging, morphing into something like a New Age Christianity.

I still think that it is absurd to go so far down these wild paths, without first addressing the fundamental issues that have to do with the Problem of Evil. I realize that there are "attempts" to solve the dilema with things like a "process" theology, or the many variations of, however, they have all failed in my opinion.

I personally lean to Albert Camus, in spite of his rather bleak conclusions. His "Man in Revolt" says a whole lot that most dare not consider. He faces the problem, whereas most others simply ignore it, perhaps hoping it will go away.

JR

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

this planet?

The "final solution" is time. All it takes is time to reveal the fraudulent nature of religious beliefs. It may not happen in my lifetime or that of anyone here today, but it will happen. Eventually, just like children realize one day that Santa is a myth, so will everyone realize that religion and the beliefs on which it is based is myth. The biggest difference between Santa and Jesus or Allah is that no one has waged war or conducted atrocities in his name. Waking up to the scam is just part of our growing up process.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I am making an assumption? Did i assume i knew what the nature of reality was, did i assume that the universe was created by means of causation? Did i say it was "GOD"? No, i would never attempt to be as arrogant as to claim i know more than the rest of our Agnostic species.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, No man can claim to know what caused our existence, let alone that the universe had a beginning and will have an end. We don't know that the universe (or reality) isn't inifity itself, WE DON'T KNOW. I AM NOT ASSUMING ANYTHING - hard to understand? I don't think so.

Who's more humble here, someone who clearly states, we don't have enough information as to the reality we exist in, or whether it requires creationOR........ someone who points to the Spiritual and "GOD" without evidence, on faith alone. Tell me, please, honestly, who is more humble?

I'll say it again, man doesn't yet understand the reality we exist in, how it came to be, if it ever had a beginning. But you do? and so does Islam and so does Christianity.

I'm not saying "i know God doesn't exist" I'm saying we don't have enough information to even define God. We should be INCREDIBLY suspcious towards those who claim to know. Just as scientists are always suspicious of theories, you have to think outside of the box you've created.

reply to post by sinohptik

you really dont understand what i am trying to get at with that?

Finally something we can agree on.
edit on 16/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
double post
edit on 16/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: double posting pro

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Sorry but I have to disagree, they already a reason not only oppose us but exterminate us according to their own scriptures.

LMAO - I am sorry, what scriptures are you reffering to?

Atheists don't have dogma and scripture to follow, we don't hate Jews or oppress women for no reason (please see your doctrines for examples of this)

Sure, many atheists may want to exterminate religious people but i don't consider them worthy of being an Atheist, Atheists should use reason and compassion, No human being can have a good enough reason for wanting to exterminate anyone.

People who claim Atheism as a religion or as a cult are clearly uneducated.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To the individual who said that they would “end religion” by burning all holy books and then torture and kill all the faithful: bring it on. Seriously, there’s a hell of a lot more of us than you.

There is a common belief amongst non-believers that religion is the root of most conflict on the planet. I cant disagree that “religion” as it were, has fueled some fairly horrific conflicts over the past 10,000 years but the root cause wasn’t faith or religion: it was fanaticism and greed.

The 20th century is fairly unique in that we saw the rise of non-religious and decidedly atheistic fanatical movements: The Khmer Rouge, Chinese communists and Soviet Union. It wasn’t their atheism that made them malevolent, it was their fanaticism. There are too many people who “imagine” no religion and all the peoples of the world holding hands in celebration of peace, but conflict and warfare is in man’s nature. I believe that since the Reformation, Christianity has done much to temper man’s violent instincts … perhaps too much at time, but oh well.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

this planet?

well I'm tired of all the rantings about how all non-believers are going to hell and how all of us NEED insert religious deity here. we don't NEED anybody telling us how to live our lives. that's the difference between us "ignorant blasphemers" and you "religious nutjobs". what would YOU do to brain wa.....errrr.....convert everybody?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

You obviously don't know anything about,Djin.
He is my favorite atheist on this board.You
misunderstood his post,he doesn't follow any
scripture or doctrine.He has dedicated his life
into fighting all religious teachings everywhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

The member you are referring to,I had to
alert staff to his posts.I know that a lot
of people would like to end all religions
in the fashion that he described.But,those
actions are self-defeating.

A lot of members have had excellent ideas
of ending religion without succumbing to
extreme violence in order to do so.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When religion quits being a useful tool for the world's governments, they will cast her aside, then turn on her and completely dismantle her. We can already see the growing disgust so many have for her. Religion has lost much of the influence & power it once wielded. I think her days are numbered.
How it will be done is anybody's guess. I do not think it will be a peaceful overthrow though.
edit on 12/16/2010 by Sparky63 because: corrected grammer

edit on 12/16/2010 by Sparky63 because: fixing spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Two answers to the interesting question you posed:

1: Have an enlightened elite implement a gradual plan that would see moral degeneration, social decay, and societal mass consumer hedonism erode religion's importance in maintaining social order and regimen, eventually suffocating the shepherd's of their flocks.

Or,

2: Ignore religious individuals and their institutions, while slowly using corruption and political manipulation to build up enough influence and power to instigate a quick solution, such as a massive conventional or nuclear war to thoroughly reduce the infrastructure of religions and their power bases; such as certain cities, farming communities, and places of worship.

Either way, ending all religions would be difficult, replacing them with one would be easier in my opinion. Interesting question, thank you for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Apologies dude, I reread both our posts and it would appear that you have misunderstood me because I misunderstood you. We're both singing from the same hymn sheet my bad

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

A lot of members have had excellent ideas of ending religion

So, come on M you started this thing how would you like to see religion come to an end you got a good few examples to choose from now.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

I don't like organized religion.A lot of churches are more
like a business than a house of worship.
Too many church members form cliques that discourage
a lot of new comers and new christians.
I would like to see more christians having revivals,meeting
in homes for Bible studies and prayer services.

I wouldn't end all religions,I would try and encourage people
to worship God the way He meant for us to.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
genocide.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join