It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't think YOU do. But this is what your leaders and founders (the people that interpret the scriptures for you) have to say about it:

-When questioned whether the Blessed will not be saddened by seeing their nearest and dearest tortured answers, “Not in the least.”
Martin Luther

-“…the Blessed will see their friends and relations among the damned as often as they like but without the least of compassion.”
Gerhard

-(speaks of the saints as being) “overjoyed in beholding the vengeance of God ,” and their beholding of the smoke of the torment of the wicked as “a passing delectation.”
Andrew Welwood

-“This display of the divine character will be most entertaining to all who love God, will give them the highest and most ineffable pleasure. Should the fire of this eternal punishment cease, it would in a great measure obscure the light of heaven, and put an end to a great part of the happiness and glory of the blessed.”
Samuel Hopkins

-“The door of mercy will be shut and all bowels of compassion denied, by God, who will laugh at their destruction; by angels and saints, who will rejoice when they see the vengeance' by their fellow-suffer the devil and the damned rejoicing over their misery.” Catechetical Sermons -Bishop Newcomb

-“At that greatest of all spectacles, that last and eternal judgment how shall I admire, how laugh, how rejoice, how exult, when I behold so many proud monarchs groaning in the lowest abyss of darkness; so many magistrates liquefying in fiercer flames than they ever kindled against the Christians; so many sages philosophers blushing in red-hot fires with their deluded pupils; so many tragedians more tuneful in the expression of their own sufferings; so many dancers tripping more nimbly from anguish then ever before from applause."
Tertullian

"In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned. . .So that they may be urged the more to praise God. . .The saints in heaven know distinctly all that happens. . .to the damned. [Summa Theologica, Third Part, Supplement, Question XCIV, "Of the Relations of the Saints Towards the Damned," First Article, "Whether the Blessed in Heaven Will See the Sufferings of the Damned. . ."]
Thomas Aquinas

"The sight of hell torments will exalt the happiness of the saints forever. . .Can the believing father in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving children in Hell. . . I tell you, yea! Such will be his sense of justice that it will increase rather than diminish his bliss.
Jonathan Edwards

"What bliss will fill the ransomed souls,
When they in glory dwell,
To see the sinner as he rolls,
In quenchless flames of hell"

Isaac Watts

“Once [a soul] is condemned by God, then God's friends agree in God's judgment and condemnation. For all eternity they will not have a kind thought for this wretch. Rather they will be satisfied to see him in the flames as a victim of God's justice. ("The just shall rejoice when he shall see the revenge . . ." Psalm 57:11) They will abhor him. A mother will look from paradise upon her own condemned son without being moved, as though she had never known him.”
St. Anthony Mary Claret

What will it be like for a mother in heaven who sees her son burning in hell? She will glorify the justice of God. - Pamphlet from the late 1960s, part of a catechismal teaching [cited in an essay by the English poet, Stevie Smith, "Some Impediments to Christian Commitment"]
Catholic Truth Society

"...love and pity for hell's occupants will not enter our hearts." J.I. Packer in article "Hell's Final Enigma" in "Christianity Today Magazine, April 22,2002 ."
J.I. Packer

-It is not a terrible thing to a wretched soul, when it shall lie roaring perpetually in the flames of hell, and the God of mercy himself shall laugh at them; when…God shall mock them instead of relieving them; when none in heaven or earth can help them but God, and he shall rejoice over them in their calamity . –(“The Saint's Everlasting Rest” 1846)
Richard Baxter

“God will hold sinners with one hand over the pit of hell, while He torments them with the other.” Fourfold State.
Thomas Boston, Scottish preacher, 1732

-"Forever harrassed with a dreadful tempest, they shall feel themselves torn asunder by an angry God, and transfixed and penetrated by mortal stings, terrified by the thunderbolts of God, and broken by the weight of his hand, so that to sink into any gulf would be more tolerable than to stand for a moment in these terrors.
John Calvin (Who had some of his theological enemies burned to death in green slow-burning wood.):

I could go on forever. Literally. There are thousands upon thousands of these. Please do some research so you can fully understand that this rejection of religion is well deserved by any of the minorities it has abused throughout the centuries.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Cool stuff, i think i might go out and preach that i can talk to dead people, and that i can cure wounds using my hands, and that i can decide the outcome fo your life based on some cards. I'm going to encourage children to believe what Mediums and Fortune Tellers say.

What do you think? These reasonable things to encourage or teach to a child?

It is my opinion that all these preachings are evil preachings, encouraging these things is to encourage ignorance. To encourage charlatons to continue to fool us all based on our faith.

I feel religion falls under the same arena as they "professions" of fraud. Unfalsifiable and untruthful abominations of intelligence.

I'm not saying don't teach them the morals of Jesus or some of them anyway, but let them decide for themselves whether he was the son of God or whether a divine creator is a necessary assumption to make.

reply to post by The Djin

Apologies, i misunderstood.
edit on 17/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I would like to see more christians having revivals,meeting in homes for Bible studies and prayer services.

Hm, too bad your god instructed you to pray in your closet then

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Even several atheists say(look at this thread)/said and did cruel things. Are they all the same?

I don't know how close some people are to God. Many people speak presumably about Him (which I did too when I experienced many things when I heard thunders and saw crosses materialize in front of my eyes). The fact is, we don't know, and many people who think they are wise and understand, don't truly, myself included. But I think throwing it all away because some people say unsavory things is a critical error, because some things are indeed true and can be verified, through experience and revelation. This thread is not about that though.

To want to torture and kill people who believe in things you don't believe/approve of, and yet complain about how bad the inquisition was, is the height of irony. Many posters here display the same level of fanaticism that they complain about.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Cool stuff, i think i might go out and preach that i can talk to dead people, and that i can cure wounds using my hands,

Hey you could be like this amazing jesus majik guy, he can make your kidney tingle stretch your leg, but sadly for whatever reason amputated limbs don't grow back and Downs syndrome is never cured.

Amazing of all the xtians that have ever lived not one managed to healed smallpox or thought to eradicate leprosy.

edit on 17-12-2010 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Even several atheists say(look at this thread)/said and did cruel things. Are they all the same?

It is a very rare occasion to find someone doing something cruel in the "name" of atheism.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Purging religion ring a bell?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Atheism isn't a religion, we have a lack of belief, there's no dogma to follow, no martyrdom or jihad to fulfil. The same way that i do not believe Astrology can accurately predict humant events and affairs based on the relativity of celestial bodies.

I don't kill in the name of my lack of belief.

Stalin was an atheist, but he had an ideology, he didn't kill in the name of his lack of belief in God. Atheism isn't a hive-mind, we can have different opinions on politics, ethics and law. Christians ethics are derived from what they consider absolute and objective morals of God (funnily enough....written by man)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The kind of prayer that requires you to pray
in a "closet",is private between you and the
Lord.
Praying over a meal is not the same thing.
Praying at an event,like a ballgame,is not
the same either.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

As a christian,I would not speak to a medium,
have a tarot reading,play with a ouija board...
The supernatural world belongs to God and no
one else.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

How do you know the Lord's there?

Let's be honest most Atheists have attempted to pray. And for example, i'd never be as stupid as to pray for a "Car" for example. But even praying for health, wellness of others, an end to world poverty, praying for nobility amongst our species just DOESN'T WORK. THERE IS NO ANSWER. THERE IS NO RESPONSE.

Try as you might, but the best cure, instead of "WISHING" for things, is to get off your knees and realise that the Lord does not answer back, only you can fulfil your wishes with action and a bit of luck. Go out and do!

How about that last post i directed at you?

Tarot Cards, mediums, astrology - all unfalsfiable beliefs with a history of charlatons fooling people out of their money for their misguided faith in these people.

Why would you teach a child that the world was created by an onmipotent/intervening God when there is NO EVIDENCE of this? This is unfalsfiable, how can man claim to know God created the universe when we barely knew the Earth orbitted the sun no more than 500 years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ok, that's a dead end then, thanks for your response, i knew God would be special.

Let's remember that Volcanoes were considered "supernatural" when knowledge was scarce, when man knew little about the universe and the planet.

Seems where there is knowledge, the supernatural disapears, a logical explanation goes in "God's" place.

For me, God has always been used to fill in the gaps. And i won't stand for it. I'm humble enough to admit man doesn't know everything, especially not the origins of the universe.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The kind of prayer that requires you to pray in a "closet",is private between you and the Lord. Praying over a meal is not the same thing. Praying at an event,like a ballgame,is not the same either.

How does that work, do the gods take turns ? eg Jesus does hear lunch yahwhe attends the ball game and the the holy ghost waits in the closet to scare the crap out of the kids ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Mamabeth loves this video, don't you M ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Personally as someone who believes in god yet hates all religions I would say.

Just keep it to yourselves, do what you want to makes you happy.

But please don't knock on my door trying to convert me.
Make me celebrate stupid holidays.
Preach to me quotes from the bible as if they mean something other than fictional fairy tales.(adam and eve, virgin mary... ect...)
Argue with me over evolution, the evidence is there....
Facilitate major elections based on religious backgrounds.
Argue against stem cell research which could do so much for the people who need it.

I can go on and on....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Brilliant video, looking forward to mamabeth's reply to my post regarding prayer. And regarding teaching a child to assert a belief without evidence. Especially the teaching that one religion should be admired more than another one.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bring Jesus back to life and have him admit he was fraudin...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Here you go,I wrote this thread earlier
this year...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I know for a fact that God answers prayers!
With so many people laid off and unemployed.
My husband was able to get a good job with
the government at age 73.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And that's proof that prayers are answered?

I can see my argument is a lost cause with regards to your belief system.

Even if i held a controlled experiment testing the accuracy and results of Prayer you still would find a way to wriggle out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join