It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kevin unknown

Kevin , you seem to trust totally our government . You believe that our politicians would not sell us down the tubes for mere money . Think about that for a minute . The One World Government movement is real and if you get in the way you will see a different picture of our wonderful leadership . If someone prepares to survive at all they stand to actually live longer than you with your government help . David Rockefeller is keen on population reduction reducing the world population to 500,000,000 people . Think your name is on the survival list ?How much is a few months of additional life worth to you ? Remember Katrina! If you got rid of the guns ,next would be swords , sticks and rocks .
If Israel were to be attacked by Iran as written in Ezekiel 38 and 39 and this will happen soon , our oil would dry up because of that area being in a war zone . According to the bible nukes will be used at least by Israel . America could be drawn into that war or suffer a first strike by EMP weapons and all Internet systems would be burned out and cast our country back into the 1700s . Forget ATMs, grocery stores , gas stations , motor vehicles , refrigeration , water or medicine . If you had supplies without a gun you couldn't defend your stores. The bad guy will have weapons and illegal guns . The abundance of guns keeps most honest . No one with any sign of reason could deny the existence of the Global Government Movement called the NWO . All you have to do is hunt the truth no matter how inconvenient it may be .

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So what kind of cheap weapon would be a start to keep the stockpile and family protected.

A high powered bb/pellet gun isn't going to do the trick...

So what do you do...

Old mcdonald in the video has an ak-74 when he comes to take all that extra supplies what is one going to do?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by ReinkDuser

This guy is not only prepared but he’s dangerous and paranoid not a good mix, this is a perfect example of why Americans shouldn’t be allowed guns. Really how much money has he spent on this and he’s even got his poor family involved.

Seems to me like he’s a armature enthusiast who is taking mixed in a bit of conspiracy and as a result taken it way too far. I loved the bit were he got stuck in the road at the end, that really did make me laugh out loud. In years to come, when he has never had any use for this stuff he is going to watch that back and cry.

I had to watch the video on my cell phone because I wanted to make sure I was clear in my in my comments.

1. How is he any more dangerious by owning sporting rifles?
2. How is being prepared paranoid?

I have a simular set up for Just incase ... um i dunno what if the dollar collapses and civil unrest takes hold for several weeks ? Call 911 they will be spread way too thin to help you. I survived katrina in mississippi and I did it cause I was prepared. I had guns and I actually had to pull my shotgun several times. People get crazy when they loose everything and are desperate fo food and water. There is nothing wrong with being prepared.

Since you bring conspiracy into the mix I have to laugh .... thats why most of us are here.

I say he has some good info.

If you want to survive you need to remember the 5 Pillars: Commuinacations, Water, Food, Medical, and Security. Cover those and you will be good to go.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Amusing.. Though rather a waste .. The main things important to survival 1. Ability to maintain calm in any situation . 2. Knowledge - edible plants, medicinal plants , hunting/fishing, how to build a good shelter. 3. A good fixed blade knife . People have survived for millenia without the modern conveniences.. In many parts of the world people still live without the modern conveniences.. Here people live as they have for centuries my only modern conveniences - a solar panel to power the lights and my mobile. Indoor plumbing . The rest is same as the locals have my garden for food and medicinal herbs. Fishing at the river. The rest unnecessary .. Wouldnt recomend everyone live this way as if one doesnt pay attention the jungle is quite deadly. What happens when your supplies run out ? You get injured ? What about survival of humanity ? Some of you with the shoot anything/anyone that moves idea forget its going to take people to rebuild and to repopulate .. Not to mention turning on your own countrymen that way.. Truly frightening.. Seems alot overlooked when people talk of survival .. Short term you may make it.. But long term .. Well lets hope things dont get that bad..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It maybe would make sens if we knew what to prepare for.

If Nibiru is crashing on earth, living in a cave and having a few guns won't change a thing.

If all our food supply is contaminated, having guns won't change a thing.

There's nothing wrong to prepare, but for what.

Someone else could be building an Arch an it would be as relevant...

These people think that they will wait the end on dec 21 in a safe place therefore they will survive.
I don;t belive the end happens in 2012 - but if it is the END.

This guys will end up like everyone else.

It's that eternal question. If someone told you you were gonna die in a year. Would you spend that year all over the place doing everything you haven't had the time to do, or you would block the hospital door believing it will keep death away????

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

What kind of beer you think he is drinking?

Bud-wiiiiiise-eeerrrr...snicker

all in all i wouldnt call him anything other than an over protective husband and father (if that is the case)

if thats his thing, then good on him. no worries to me what he is prepared for..

ill tell you one thing though if your gunna be 4wheelin by yourself...you best be having a winch to get yourself out of them harry situations...

something he didnt think of? that might be a bit more important than radar scattering net...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Another thing i want to add..

If there ever really is that kind of an event (my personal opinion is that will not happen, at the worst a Jericho kind of situation)...

and you are one of those people who can not remain calm and rational in your decision making...(that includes the way you process information and determine threats) then your going to be among the first ones to go.

I can guarantee one thing. You think you are the baddest mofo around, your wrong, there will always be someone "badder" and more importantly someone with bigger guns...

ill let those idiots kill each other while me and mine quietly get to safety.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

your argument is poor..how many ak-74s do you think are the weapon of choice for killers? How bout nill..

How many handguns kill people a year? Its not about the size of the waeapon. Its a bout who is holding it. Id trust him with a gun (someone with experience) over you (by your argument I am assuming you have very little) anyday of the week.

That doesnt mean I agree to get night vision goggles, radar scattering net or paint your truck in camo in preperation for some possibe event. But if you do, Im not going to hold it against you.

Id say carry on there American. Have your day, your trinkets if thats what tickles your fancy, enjoy your beer and woman and most of all... good luck..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I think I might have your answer, if you’re willing to take advice from a 15yr preper/survivalist, gun owning, pro death penalty, independent??
Please don’t take this wrong, but from what I can see from your post on the subject, you’re not a gun owner, unless it’s that BB gun?? If you don’t have much experience and just want something I would suggest you look at the Ruger 10/22.
It’s cheap, cheap to shoot, and reliable. There is no menacing kick to you, many after market add on's to custom build it to yourself. You can use it to get small game to survive on, I’ve read stories about guys killing small deer with it, and if need be it does have a small self defense to it. In your case, I would suggest you sneak and creep and stay out of sight if you’re only going to carry this gun. This gun is light weight and travels well, there’s even a nice backpack rifle if you don’t like the Ruger.

en.wikipedia.org...

If your intreted in larger caliber weapons, Im sure theres plenty of members here with some great advise on what your looking for.
Try calling you local gun range and see if they rent these guns so you can get a feel for what your comfortable with before buying.
Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Now this post is scary. The mindset is dangerous and irresponsible in my honest opinion.

This is so because of the assuredness in the tone of the poster.

Bad news bears man.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Clearly he is a "PBR" or "Old Milwaukee" type of guy, we all go back to our roots!!!

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about this guy, let see, he has a few hunting rifles, a high power assault rifle, some army gear, pack's, mesh cammo, paint job, inexpensive 4x4, some cheap tents, tarps, good grade sleeping bags, etc...
When the last time you bought something that was was military grade?? The stuff is bomber, Joe's are hard on # believe it or not. Military grade lasts and its durable, tested in the field, nothing wrong with most of it, but there is allot of military gear that is crap. Do some research on what you’re going to need if you’re thinking of putting something together? The big thing I see here is the guy is doing "HIS F'ing WAY", doing what’s allowed by our constitution, just as much so as ours are allowed to go buy the trash they buy to entertain their minds, the money wasted on high rise apartments, expensive cars, coffee at StarBucks every morning with your friends to compare who bought the most F'ing expensive pair of heels to go slut around at the clubs in. The mindless amounts of money wasted drinking in bars and restaurants.
It’s the pot calling the kettle black, allot of you laugh at his redneck style, and your right, that # is funny, I love the humor. But......... he won’t be freaking out after the two cases of romin and water are gone when the power isn’t back on. What’s really the waste of money on his part that some think he should have just given away to some deep pocket charity?? The guy has a # load of supplies "IF" TSHTF, and if not, it looks like he has allot of food for camping, and you cant tell me this guy and his family doesn’t camp, if they don’t, he has some sort of hunting #heel camp that it can be put to use at.
OOhhhh my good, the hillbilly is CaZy and has gunssssss............. Even as loony as some may think he is, Id offer my buddy kit to the guy if he showed at my door, not some puss nut lifetime student, with only a book of matches and his emergency blanki, that’s going to get you an stern "MOVE THE F ALONG, who's crazy now
Only thing you need to worry about with this guy is his Moon Shine & Weed

edit on 12/14/2010 by Patrioitinsheepclothing because: forgot spell check, told ya I was a moron

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Cool cool
very very thorough... a little bit of paranoia I think, but if that what it take to protect your family then so be it
.... given a same condition as his, I probably would do the same
"Better safe than sorry." it's always been by mojo.

P.S. As long as you dont make other people feel uncomfortable and disturbed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

He’s all geared up like the Russian’s are coming and he’s the new leader of the wolverines some people really have to start living in the real world. Does he really think that’s going to keep him alive for more than a week?.

I can just see the Russian soldiers “oh look a 4X4 in cammo, go get me RPG” end of story.

SHILL ALERT ATTENTION SHILL ALERT. you've studied well my friend,

encyclopediadramatica.com...

you forgot this part thoug:

Remember these techniques are only effective if the forum participants DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM. Once they are aware of these techniques the operation can completely fail, and the forum can become uncontrolled.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Considering how PC most city's have become, I would suggest people not move out to where he is or they are going to get freaked out when HillBilly Bob, takes his morning piss off the front deck across from the City Folks new Get Away Cottage. Most area's like his have very limited rules when it comes to gun fire, and alot of people dont understand that.
He moved out there to get away from city people and city living, so anyone going his way should expect a certain amount of crazy.
I have some friends that had a basic man camp for fishing season here on the Kenai River. First morning there, I walked out of the travel trailer on blocks I was sleeping in, one of the old guys kicks open the cook house door, holding the coffee pot in front of him. The old ma tossed it in the fire pit and walked back into the cook house without a word.
I thought it was a funny place to trash to coffee pot and how Id be cleaning up later since I was low man on the totem pole. Still trying to figure things out in my head, the cook house door gets kicked open again, leading the way was "FUD" and the old man behind the trigger, and a cigar in his mouth. He walked over and unloaded both barrels and walked back to the cook house. I asked why he shot the coffee pot as he walked by, he murmured something about how it made weak coffee.
The place was a bit out there so the gun shooting wasn’t the issue, I thought it was odd till the end of that weekend and how much # meet its toured doom from many people in the area.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

lol... pbr are is a tall can only kind of brew from my neck of the slicon woods...

i was gunna go with smooth as Keith Stone baby...

whatever it is i bet hes got enough stocked up to get his entire congregation screwy eyed...always a good back up plan

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
S&F for this thread

the guy in the video could be
about half my kin folk, lol

One thing I didn't see in the video
was anything resembling a food
supply. Or maybe he just didn't
want everybody to know .....

what's for supper !!!!
hahahaha

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You can remind me of that when he goes for a GTA shooting rage in a school.......
Hahaha...just because a person may enjoy guns are collecting survival gear, doesn't mean they are a psychopath...a person can do great damage with a gun, but a person in a car could simply drive into a crowd of people and kill more people than the psycho gunmen will likely ever kill. Now tell me, should we make cars illegal?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I will always respect our right as Americans to bare arms.....

Just make sure you wear plenty of sunscreen on those "bare" arms...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I think this guy is a moron because he spends all his extra money of this stuff..

If he wants to do that he can I don't care but I think he is a moron when the thousands of dollars this guy has spent could of went to charity or something.. Seems a little extreme..

Trust me I don't care if this guy is *preparing* Just take a little criticism at heart and don't be so stuck up about it..

You dug a deep hole for yourself and now you don't know how to get out...

It's so hypocritical to start defending yourself by criticizing his "spending"...
Why don't you start a thread on the money people spend on Christmas on stupid gifts that nobody wants???

Is it stupid to spend money on Kung fu lessons? Or is that just for stupid people who wanna start fights?

Being prepared, is that, being prepared...

I think, without knowing you, that in the case of need, you would be one of those lost people in a corner not knowing what to do, where to go, or how to survive more than two days without your credit card... and would be VERY happy to meet a guy like this to save your butt...

Let HIM worry about his family, you go "worry" or do nothing about yours...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
this thread is sad.

i had to facepalm on the first page when somebody said " i feel sorry for the thousands of dollars this guy spent on all that sutff, he could have donated to charity"

i mean ive read some really stupid comments on ats, but this one takes the cake.

and as for kevin, i wouldnt pay him too much attention, he comes from a place where everybody plays nice and drinks tea.

biggest crisis he will likely ever face is running out of "crisps" during the next "football" game.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join