It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When he goes through a "GTA" shooting spree he will get what is coming to him. He will wind up dead. in prison, or in a facility for the mentally disturbed. I know your going to say something along the lines of, "well what about the people he killed." Well quite frankly nothing, the shooter will live in prison for free, or be put to death painlessly. so the "justice" system wont provide "justice" but will hold him accountable. But that debate is for another time.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Well, I've seen similar responses before, then guys like you started to run around in the town while they screamed "We're all going to die! The end is nigh!" when a little snow is fallen in the middle of winter. No offense.

This guy is actually preparing for something as his soul is dictating. Whatever is going to happen, he has 75% for survival, while you have... 5-15% (15 if you have great luck) in your present state. Maybe he is a conspiracy nut, maybe he went too far, overprepared, but at least he is prepared. He won't be caught by surprise if something is going to happen which is a great possibility in the present world.

Did you know that around 40% of the population would starv to death in the U.S. if the electricty would go offline for three weeks? Why? Because people in the 21st century are way too comfortable and can't invent themselves. This guy is the direct opposite, because whatever is going to happen in the future, he know how to survive. You may consider it as a joke, but if electricity would go offline in your country, Scotland, you would wait the Government to repair it. And if they can't, because i.e. a solar flare knocks out the entire grid all over the planet, you would simply starv to death beacuse you can't survive as it's not in your nature.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
well he seems to have a pretty good head start. i would say he knows what hes doing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Sorry if I sound defensive. Guess it the other comments of stupidity getting to me. Criticism welcome. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have to say, if there's ever an "event" that endangers his family to the point of needing to run off into the woods (and he happens to live through it in the first place). he's pretty well set up for it. I'm sure he has heaps of food stored away to supplement his gear, so his family won't just be starving in the woods (even with the guns, feeding yourself by hunting is never a 100% sure thing).

He might be a little paranoid, he might just be displaying a healthy amount of distrust for what is, after all, truly a chaotic world, but he still gets an A for effort. He'd probably be a good guy to know if the S did indeed HT proverbial F. I say more power to him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by LunchBocks

You can remind me of that when he goes for a GTA shooting rage in a school.......

Kevin,
It's obvious that you feel it's okay to do several things that I for one am very uncomfortable with,
trust others with your safety and security,
trust others to defend you,
insult and judge others because they are different or dont subscribe to your beliefs.

It's nice to have opinions, but it helps to be speaking for or against them with some kind of experience or knowledge of the subject.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I will always respect our right as Americans to bare arms.....

Some people don't have that kind of money to spend on preparing so maybe it was a pre-judgement of this guy as a moron..

I just hope he isn't waiting around for SHTF scenario.....

Some people get soooooo caught up in it they withdraw from reality..

Everything is good in moderation...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I've spoken to him, and he said he was limited on time for making the video so he couldn't get to alot of his gear, or food store. Mentioned a part two in the works. Also said he had enough food to last a few months. His words were, "if a man can't hunt for survival purposes within that amount of time, then he's not cut out for surviving, is he?"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I actually subscribe to him on YT. I have spoken to him more than a few times, and he seems level headed. I think some information and ideas could be taken from this video, no matter the accent, or where he's living. Figured this was the right place to post this kind of video anyhow...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What is this fellow going to do once he's up there on the hill? I mean, there is a road going up there, so its not like whoever it is he thinks he's hiding from won't think to go look up there.

Also, who is/will he be hiding from? Homeland Security? Local militia? Canadian mounties?

Why is anybody gonna want to go get him? There is a lot that I don't understand about this "event".

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

You're missing the big picture. And you reading WAAAAY too much into it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It wasnt that long ago, that we as people, all over the world, lived that closely to the earth,
in some places it still goes on,
this 'modernized progress' is nice, yes, but it is temporary in nature, it can all go away in a second,
sit and think how reliant you are on electric alone,
look around and see everything that you depend on that depends on electric, it's amazing.
Here's the short list:
EVERYTHING.

Now, one event, an EMP, a Nuke, a domino effect power grid failure,
and youre dark,
now pick your season,
now tell me why, with even just the one scenario I offered,
tell me why, you would not want to survive through it, your family depends on you.
There's a huge difference between living paranoid and painting yourself up in camo everyday to sit behind curtains peeking outside waiting for 'them' to show up,
and simply being proactive and being prepared, huge difference.

Funny thing is,
those that arent mentally or physically prepared to 'handle' such a situation will be the ones in panic mode on day 3 when they have no water, or food, or shelter,
and they'll be asking for help from those they now make fun of.
Now how's that going to work out for you?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I doubt you will get many answers there... I wonder how many can say they have at least half as much preparation, etc... Thanks for making the most valid point yet!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Guns run out of ammo. Here in the uk myself and two friends are preparing. We have sword, recurve bow and crossbow. We have stocked a little food, but that is only a short term solution when the shtf. This in mind, we have learnt what wild food we can eat. There is an abundance of edible vegetation, fungi and small mammals out there, and if we suddenly find ourselves in a situation like 300+ years ago, from a CME or whatever, this will be the way to survive.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Alot of people do not have the spare cash to through thousands into something that just *could* happen....

The babies needs food and shelter NOW...... The women needs food and shelter NOW, she also likes to go out and spend money for clothes, car, comforts ect. ect. NOW...

Not many people have money to waste EXTRA on this stuff.....

No not EVERYONE can...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Doesn't have to cost thousands. My bow cost me 50 quid, and a wild food book for a fiver.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Doesn't have to cost thousands. My bow cost me 50 quid, and a wild food book for a fiver.

So a bow alone for 50 squid is going to keep you alive for 6 months to a year or longer in a shtf scenario?

That is preposterous.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

A bow alone no. But with arrows, which i make myself, and reasonable knowledge of what i can eat from the wild, my chances will be considerably higher than someone ill equiped and without wild food knowledge.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If your lady was like-minded she would understand the need to sacrifice for "insurance".

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

Seems like he's thought of alot.

Hahaha.... one big EMP and his car stops driving......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join