It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Mike's video, way cool.

I wish I knew Mike as a friend, looks as he would be really fun to hang out with.

Read some of the other replies stating this is why American's should not own guns - to that I say GET THE H... OUT OF THIS COUNTRY PINK-O, Nobody is forcing you to stay! SO GOOD_BYE you Anti-American.
Remember this down south we have more than one gun in each house, I have 5, brother-in-law has 12, father-in-law has 32 , wife carrys one in her purse as does my daughter.

So leave your poor maners behind when you cross the Mason-Dixon line.

Mike- You are way COOL

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

If you're ever on YouTube, say hello to him! He's really down to Earth, and lives in NC. I have talked to him on several occasions, and he's a blast.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There are so many ways to take care of yourself and survive well from the earth that volumes and tomes and series books have been published for years and years with all the info.
One of the best is the foxfire series,
people need to remember all this luxury is new in the history of mankind, just a little over one hundred years new, so that's only a few generations.
It really doesnt cost thousands and thousands of dollars,
it WILL cost you some time, and labor, and you can really be prepared for almost the worst of everything.
I hear people say, why bother.
Well in my case I have alot of family that relies on me, I plan on doing what I need to do to keep things going.
Of course you never 'want' to have to be in that situation, but I sleep well knowing that if I ever am,
I'll do okay.
No matter what the season.
Maybe if people looked into stuff like this before criticizing theyd see the value of having the skills.
'IF' you ever find yourself in need, and youre helped by 'one of us woodland crazies' remember,
saying thank you when you really mean it, sounds different than the obligatory thanks,
and when we say "no problem" we mean it, but that doesnt mean youre staying on the teet,
you'll have to learn to earn your way.
There's no crying and there's no being scared.
Good Luck
HEA

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
To be even half prepared for these scenarios it costs thousands.

You couldn't be well prepared for EVERYTHING without spending that kind of money that people need to spend on their wife and kids now not making them stay in a boxed mobile home....

Get your priorities straight and THEN prepare..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I wont assume to know your financial standing or age, or abilities in preparation,
dont assume to know others as well,
Short of a nuke being dumped on my head,
I'll be around for a while,
it helps not being in a city.
Read up, you'll be surprised what youre able to do.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hang on a sec... I live in a mobile home. What's wrong with that?! I have my priorities right, and I maintain, so what's living in a trailer got to do with anything?

edit on 13-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: grammatical error

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

Hang on a sec... I live in a mobile home. What's wrong with that?! I have my priorities right, and I maintain, so what's living in a trailer got to do with anything?

Not a thing,
those wandering the streets after a grid shutdown will have less than nothing,
youre fine.
Remember, not everyone cares or has foresight for these things,
and those that want to learn, we need to teach,
it removes one more victim from the list, in the end.
Be patient.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

I wasn't accusing anyone but don't put down people that live in a mobile home take care of a family and doesn't have the spare cash to spend thousands on a SHTF scenario...

It's as IF a SHTF scenario did happen you think anyone NOT prepared deserves what they get which is not true..

I know alot of people that would love to spend the time and money on SHTF scenario but can not..

You just seem to throw them people out along with the rest of the riftraft when most people would like to be prepared but simply can not be...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The little word cannot is keeping you from making things work. Bits at a time add up! The kids should be the main motivation factor. 3 cans of tuna here, rice/noodles there, blankets here, surplus store there...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So people WILL be the way you just described,
others, like myself wont be.
When it does go down, and it sure seems like its trending that way,
you'll need to find your way to a place in your area where you'll be welcomed, and you have a skill set to offer that will bring benefit.
The 'last' place I'd go would be anything associated with government.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Things were worse during the great depression then they are today...

World War I and II happened and people made it out just fine...

The jews could of had ALL the gear in the world it would of not saved them from hitler...

Times are not at the worst they have been alot worst and bloodthirsty in history...

People have it bad enough with the economy and simply put if SHTF tommorrow a can of tuna here and there wont cut it...

Don't be so ruthless for people that will be in the need.
edit on 13-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It seems to me that you are good at making excuses and persecuting others for there actions and beliefs. You do not need to be rich to start getting prepared. There is ne need to get all of the survival gear at once. i try to pick up an extra canned good for the stash when I am at the store. If I cannot afford it at the time I do not get it. Many things that are of a survival necessity do not need to be purchased.
Quit making excuses and take action for yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

A can here and there added up for me over that last couple of years, and it does help. I won't be ruthless to anyone unless they intend harm towards me or my family.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

This is what I have been doing for a little while. Spam, or the Treet brand is cheaper. I am getting a little stockpile going on. The naysayers and the lazy will suffer. For 2.00$ here and there it makes me feel a little better knowing that my kids will be fed for a while, while daddy figures out what is next. You got to keep living and breathing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

EXACTLY! And those things, if bought today, expire after 2013, so great shelf life.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Going to have to have guns to keep mobs or looters away...

Guns are probally the most expensive to get something worth while....

What good is all the food and supplies in the world if you have no way to protect it from someone who is just going to take it from you?

There is no cheap guns or ammo I don't think.

Not that you could keep your stuff safe with.

So why bother saving up the food and gear when some ass hole is going to take it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Hallo n Guid Eenin

I don't know this man but he can live next to me anyday. You may be skeptical and I respect that. The times that we are in are not very promising. I can understand him wanting to protect his family. How would you protect yours? Think about it. The police, in most cases are only there after the fact. I heard that the land The Battle of Sterling Bridge, where William Wallace defeated the English in 1297, has been extensively built over. Is that true? I heard that alot of your major battle fields are being swallowed up by houses and developers. Is that true? Remember whose shoulders you're standing on. You guys should of stayed independant. Thanks for your ear.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Always better to be prepared than not and those who are prepared always have a better chance of survival.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

"There are no cheap guns or ammo, I THINK"... And then in the same breathe you say, "why bother?!" Wow, I see where you got your user name. It's time to think positively, man! With that attitude, there is NO hope.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by ReinkDuser

Really to survive I must have enough guns and equipment with me to invade Wales.

you dont have any real world experience do you? As far as having to defend yourself, or have ever been in the military? You sound like you have no idea what it takes. Stop being unrealistic, and start looking at things from others points of view as well.
You dont want anyone to have guns fine thats your opinion, i can respect that, but bad guys will always find a way to get em. You cant judge the guy from a ten minute video, and besides he seems the type to where his heart on his sleeve. He thinks of his familys safety, and then wants to share with others to help. If it wasnt for a gun, I wouldnt be typing this today. Its sad that we have to live in a world like this, but we also need to accept the cold hard facts as well. My question to you is if you had a gun in hand and someone was pointing a gun at you, what would you do???

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join