learn more

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Ol' McDonald, as you put say, will put one in someone if they come near his stash, I'm sure. What's up with the stereo typing btw? You actually need to start LOOKING for a decent cheap rifle if you want one. I'm sure nobody held this guys hands as they pointed out basement bargains on firearms.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

He had a come-along. You do know what that is, don't you?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I'd say confidence in his tone is better than bleakness, and hopelessness.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

Seems like he's thought of alot.

Ultimately he is protecting his family for any eventuality.

Some walk the walk.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

If you want to invade wales, make sure you got £5.50 in cash for the toll.

Otherwise you aint getting in fella.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Some scary sht (freaky also) you've encountered

Imagine how things will become when SHTF
.... maybe this is how TPTB will reduce population....let's us kill one another.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Life is sometimes a crap shoot. Everyone prepares differently. Some seek a good education and high paying job in hopes they can "buy" their well-being. Others learn to hunt and survive on next to nothing. There is no one solution that is perfect or right for everyone.

If the SHTF my odds are on the guy who needs little to survive, but, the chances of the SHTF are probably way less than some people think. If I am wrong, I guess I will pay the price. If I am right, well, life goes on.

The part that I don't understand is the camoflauge and radar deflecting net. What is that all about? What scenario is that meant for?

Don't get me wrong. Because I don't get part of the package doesn't mean I think the rest is nonsense. I don't, and I respect those who choose to live out in the boonies and hunt and fish. I have no prob. with that at all. It does seem tho that they can get a bit carried away with their distrust and paranoia.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Like the saying goes.

Better to have a gun and no need, than to have a need and no gun..

Guns are tools, and dangerous in the wrong hands, but then so is a car, or a hammer, even a pencil can take someones eye out.

Being in the UK I would like to say that we don't have guns here but coming from a gun family ( my Unc use to run a gun club in London) there were people that had the wrong attitude to them and that were allowed to keep them.
People see having guns today like its a social status sybol, thanks to Hollywood and music saying how cool it is to have a gun, if there were more serious repercussions to using one illegally then there may be less improper use of them.
But people don't give a **** this days.
edit on 14/12/10 by DataWraith because: added text

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Events come in all shapes and sizes. Right now the events that concern me the most are Winter storm related. Be prepared at home and on the road. I have already read at least two stories regarding many travelers who have been trapped on the highways due to winter storms. In a situation like that, help is very slow to arrive and the helpers will help those who need it most first. The season is just beginning!! Keep that go bag ready and study alternate travel routes.

Concern yourselves with power failures, water main breaks and vehicle strandings first and foremost in the weeks to come.

Don't worry about Zombie attacks just yet
edit on 14-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

The part that I don't understand is the camoflauge and radar deflecting net. What is that all about? What scenario is that meant for?

He's assuming they'll use radar for the sweep ups that would follow,
he's overlooking thermal signature, but hey, he's prepared for radar!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is what happens when you visit ATS and don't use some common sense....I bet he's a member.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If the defication hits the rotary ossiclator even those who think they are prepared will be surprised. If food and power is cut from the cities you will see armies of looters looking for food, shelter and any other thing they might need to survive. So, what would this guy do against thousands of roaming looters? He will get some of them but they will eventually get him. I don't see how our economy can keep supporting the world. we are tapped out and so deep in debt that we can never repay it all. Yes, something will happen ... a soft callapse of America into 3rd world status (like the town in the Postman) or a violent implosiom when the populace rebels?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My grandmother always said (she had 12 kids) just because you have alot of something doesn't mean you won't run out. Getting stranded on a highway with no gas or other roads would leave you exposed. Staying off roads
from all people, in a desperate situation would be key. Horses are better than a car, I have spent two weeks in the wilds of Ireland on horses. They don't require gas and you see alot of wildlife just riding along. This makes hunting easier. Horses go up and down the mountains, through the rivers and streams, etc.... Really you don't need much to survive in a mild climate. I would head to the beach and learn to fish. If you look like you have nothing you'll be hasseled far less and have less conflicts. Foraging the dead people's homes for can goods would be the only resuppling going on in a massive Earth disasters. Most disasters are only localized, unless it were contageous and biological. People skills of getting along might be really important in builing a stable society with a future.
I would get a good book on eating wild edible plants, and a thick medical book. Anitibiotics, painkillers, and antiseptics would be the new gold, and don't forget your toothpaste and toothbrush...no more dentists? Remember how little Tom Hanks got by on to survive in Castaway? People for company are important.
I think everyone needs to exhibit more compassion for one another and towards the animals.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Always leaves me stunned just how much like the sheep the folks on ATS really are. As soon as someone like my dares to give an alternate opinion I am flamed like I have just told you all I like to shoot puppies. Something I have a feeling this guy might actually enjoy......

Guess what not everyone on ATS has the same views as the rest of you sheep (because that is what you have become) so don’t start getting all high and mighty with me because I am against guns. Guns are primarily designed to kill, killing is evil hence guns are evil as are the people who use them to kill. Now you all going to tell me about how its self defence, no guns no need for self defence and I hardly think that the guys shooting up school fall back on the self defence argument for a plea of innocence.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

... a soft callapse of America into 3rd world status

I read somewhere that that is exactly what those in charge are trying to accomplish. Insead of bring the rest of the world up to the high standards you once enjoyed, their plan is to reduce you to the low levels of the third world. Lower wages for you means more profits for them. Simple really.

My thought is that they are going to achieve that by steps and stages. The common man will be poorer, and probably more living out in the boonies like they do in third world countries, but no mass chaos or destruction. Just a slow kill off of what you used to think your country was about.

And since Canada is in lockstep with you guys, we'll be along for the same ride.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
And that is why, ladies and Gentleman, i have utter empathy for anyone who will try and survive a possible/plausable/inevitable mad max style appocolypse in America......
everyone has got a gun..... your just playing a numbers game as to who will survive......

I'd say the person with the biggest gun?.... or biggest bomb?...... or most Ammo?....... best shot?......
Who knows eh?

But it is the right for people to protect themselves and there family........

It is the right of every American to bear arms......... as the national rifle association says...... guns don't kill people ...... people kill people........

but monkeys can to........... if they've got a gun?..........not like picking ya off at 100yds...... but give a gun to monkey then in a crowed room etc it could def kill ........... just a thought.

But props to the man in question...... however you choose to protect ......

lets just hope it doesn't come to that eh........

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It seems to me that he missed one or two items for his basic outfitting: a winch on his 4 x 4! and a good crossbow.

As I do a fair amount of wilderness camping, I have most of the standard equipment that one would expect and I do carrya good knife and at least a pistol or sporting rifle for protection, depending on where I'm going and what type of animal(s) I might expect to encounter.

As far as his gas masks and chemical protection suits go, these are of limited value. By that I mean that the masks have filters that need to be changed fairly often and before you remove the chemical suit, you have to be in an area that is free from toxins and be able to wash the suits down before you take them off if they are of the type that can be washed. And you should probably dispose of both the suits and the clothes your wearing (so have an extra set to change into). Funny how that military training sticks with you.

As for him being a whacko, I'm not qualified to make a judgement on that. While shopping for some of my camping gear, I've run into people that are much better equiped then this guy and frankly some of them scared the hell out of me. Hopefully we'll never find out that their right.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

So you don't have violent crimes there? Did they take away your kitchen knives and cricket bats too?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
HAH I was about to say this guy looked like your typical deer hunting NC redneck and seems i was right.
I guess it all depends on what the event was.
(Nuclear, asteroid) First off would you want to survive such a event? I mean look at a apocalyptic world. Do you really wanna live in that or have your child grow up with eating rats n crap?
I think some people are just scared to die. Im not saying i wouldn't try to survive sure i would but if i dont so be it.
Also nothing wrong with having a gun. My only issue with some gun owners is they have that Clint Eastwood mentality. Some act like they would shoot a unarmed man. (If it moves shoot it mentality)
Im not scared of a unarmed man im more than confident in my capability to take out a average guy with my hands.
Also being fit would help if you have to cover miles of terrain on foot and fast i hope you have a good level of fitness.

Guy is prepared but a small group with shot guns could easily take him out. After all he is one guy.

To many people think they are Rambo. If i was a evil person and If i was looking for someones stuff to take you think i would just run in charging? Nope it would be like hunting pray i would keep my distance and scope out who im after. Put them in my 30-06 scope from 200 yards away and pop he would be dead without knowing what hit him.

All that preparedness down the toilet.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

Sure we have crime, never said we didn’t.

But we don’t have the same gun crime as you lot do. I was looking at some statistics about this earlier, at first look of the graphs it looked like the UK had much more gun crime then i looked closer. The UK graph said “UK murders per million” the American graph “American murders per 100,000” says’ allot that. America’s gun statistics are really scary.

Oh btw you will love my new thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join