It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by thecinic
YES this is great!

Finally doing the good thing and turning himself in....

Now try him for treason and hang him!!!!

Treason:
a crime that undermines the offender's government
disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior

he is -not- american..

there is no treason..again, he is -not- american.

He knows that. He's just flame baitng to get the thread locked.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1
reply to post by Everwatcher33

Really? What if he had said that about President Obama and word got out? I'm sure the dogs would be released in rapid fashion.

In fact, i'm sure i remember reading recently that someone or a couple of people were arrested for doing just that on Facebook, i think.

They more or less said what the 'member' here said, and they (or he/she) was arrested for incitement to murder i believe.

link   
In Guardian:

4.14pm: Charles Arthur, the Guardian's technology editor, points out that while MasterCard and Visa have cut WikiLeaks off you can still use those cards to donate to overtly racist organisations such as the Knights Party, which is supported by the Ku Klux Klan.

The Ku Klux Klan website directs users to a site called Christian Concepts. It takes Visa and MasterCard donations for users willing to state that they are "white and not of racially mixed descent. I am not married to a non-white. I do not date non-whites nor do I have non-white dependents. I believe in the ideals of western Christian civilisation and profess my belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God."

www.guardian.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by andy1033

He should of known if he is smart that uk police use electronic mind control, so he has to be careful in his thoughts too.

Are you serious? How do you know this to be a fact? Do you think they will subliminally tell Julian to forget to release the encryption/decryption details?

This is something I've considered as a possibility. They've done it with some high-profile 'patsey' criminals who are now in high-security prisons. Brain-washing is a real threat that they can use on people.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ov3rdos3
reply to post by KingKickass123

what are you talking about? I never applauded him.
In fact I suggested we hire a hitman to kill him.

click here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
. incitement to Kill, thats agaisnt the law where i come from, even if it is written on a forum, I guess the Moderators of this site are american,

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

That I can agree on.

People shouldn't be killed just because you don't like them or what they are saying. The truth hurts, although I wonder about wikileaks sometimes I still read what they have to say.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So what we have is a league of governments and large corporate institutions working together to take down some guy whom is releasing some classified diplomatic cables that ultimately are showing "diplomats are complaining wankers".

the news here is soooo not what the cables say...but how the governments and corporations react.

the question is simple...which is running which...do corporations run the governments, or do the governments run the corporations...or are the two now indistinguishable

I think the american political climate about the tax issue that just went down is clear to this answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yeah sadly they treat our president differently. But oh well back on topic I suppose.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know why the majority of people assume that this guy is innocent or that he's being stitched up.

So he's the figurehead of an organisation that are commited to releasing classified documents of no consequence (so far). That doesn't mean that he isn't a rapist. If he is a rapist then he should go down for rape, and then he should probably be sent to jail for handling and distributing stolen classified material.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

I'm glad we can have a civil conversation.
I just hope this thread can stay on topic enough so it won't get closed. I'm enjoying the flow of information in this thread (minus those attempting to troll). On another note, while it appears that I am supporting Assange as a person, it isn't quite that. My support for the man is for the movement he represents. Yes, the praise belongs to those brave enough to obtain the classified information and 'leak' it to WL. However, WL and Assange deserve praise for having the ----- to organize the release of the information in an unprecedented way. This is something truth-seekers have been waiting for, and we should offer any sort of support we can.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Because many of us believe in innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321

Originally posted by ov3rdos3
reply to post by KingKickass123

what are you talking about? I never applauded him.
In fact I suggested we hire a hitman to kill him.

click here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
. incitement to Kill, thats agaisnt the law where i come from, even if it is written on a forum, I guess the Moderators of this site are american,

.com's are typically american owned..not always, but its a wise gamble to assume as much.
Incitement to kill...that can be a gray area...would hate to see that interpreted liberally in a court of law considering simply giving grump speech towards someone could be seen like that...scary law.

America..meh, you can wish someone dead...you can hope someone dies...you simply cannot plan to kill someone. that bit is illegal..but the first two are protected as freedom of speech and expression. the "wishing death" bit is under the asshattery clause in the constitution...

overlooked sidenote under freedom of speech:
"Tis known that in the nation of our freedoms, thy shall encouter trolls and asshattery amongst those of the citizens population. Should said asshat say to thy counter wishes of pain and death, it is to be protected under this clause, however, thy person whom has stated as such shall be deemed a twit by the citizens"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Have you looked at the actual charges? These were consentual acts, and one of the women has already come out and said so, but the government won't withdraw the charges...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There *has* to be a method of avoiding the planted agitators..there has to be.

Failing a march...how about a million signature petition?

Aim for a million, if there's more so much the better.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I don't know why the majority of people assume that this guy is innocent or that he's being stitched up.

So he's the figurehead of an organisation that are commited to releasing classified documents of no consequence (so far). That doesn't mean that he isn't a rapist. If he is a rapist then he should go down for rape, and then he should probably be sent to jail for handling and distributing stolen classified material.

I agree, however, its how they are going about this which is absurdly blown out of preportion. No bail for the actual crime he is being charged with(not rape, but the technicals of not using a condom properly, sexual harassment, etc..) its absolute nonsense that would be laughed at by any court system if he was a "normal guy". hell, even rapists..like proper rapists, get bail. Suggesting he is a flight risk...he is not some unknown whom tried to run away...he is a damn celeberty now whom turned himself in.

there is no precidence in this...its completely corrupt.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by RMFX1

Because many of us believe in innocent until proven guilty.

I didn't say that he wasn't innocent. I said that I don't know why people are assuming that he is or that he is being stitched up. I don't know either way, but I certainly won't leap to the conclusion that there's a conspiracy here just for the sake of it which most people here seem to do as a matter of course.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its a pity that governments and corporations (whatever the difference is) don't go after terrorists and actual threats as breathlessly as they went after this chap.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's time to see if he makes good on the release of his insurance policy, the so-called "doomsday" files he promised to release in the event he was arrested or killed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

There *has* to be a method of avoiding the planted agitators..there has to be.

Failing a march...how about a million signature petition?

Aim for a million, if there's more so much the better.

None of that works. You need leverage , and someone influential, a lobbyist preferably, to move around the commons and find some simpathy.

Have you guys not read the cables and how things work?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
No bail for the actual crime he is being charged with(not rape, but the technicals of not using a condom properly, sexual harassment, etc..) its absolute nonsense that would be laughed at by any court system if he was a "normal guy".

Exactly. It's my understanding the reason the charges were filed in the first place, was because the two women found out about each other, and were pissed about being two timed. If that's the case, how many of us should be locked up without bail? Prolly about 90% of our politicians....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join