It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by RMFX1
I don't know why the majority of people assume that this guy is innocent or that he's being stitched up.

So he's the figurehead of an organisation that are commited to releasing classified documents of no consequence (so far). That doesn't mean that he isn't a rapist. If he is a rapist then he should go down for rape, and then he should probably be sent to jail for handling and distributing stolen classified material.

I agree, however, its how they are going about this which is absurdly blown out of preportion. No bail for the actual crime he is being charged with(not rape, but the technicals of not using a condom properly, sexual harassment, etc..) its absolute nonsense that would be laughed at by any court system if he was a "normal guy". hell, even rapists..like proper rapists, get bail. Suggesting he is a flight risk...he is not some unknown whom tried to run away...he is a damn celeberty now whom turned himself in.

there is no precidence in this...its completely corrupt.

Rape blown out of proportion? Maybe they haven't granted bail because they are afraid that he'll flee due to the serious nature of his other crimes? And who's to say that he isn't a "proper rapist"?

And one more thing, he isn't a celebrity.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redhead6971
It's time to see if he makes good on the release of his insurance policy, the so-called "doomsday" files he promised to release in the event he was arrested or killed.

They've already made it clear they will not unless something dire happens. Arrest and detention isn't going to be enough to flip the switch.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Cablespider because: added quote

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingKickass123
But the man turned himself in, so I am betting he did it for a very good reason.

Probably because on the [4] counts relating to the sexual encounters he is innocent.
Let's face it if he went underground he'd be an easy target for a 'guilty' charge by the mainstream.

I was on a Jury once and without doubt the old addage 'innocent until proven guilty' no longer applies - I had to remind fellow jurors of this fact on a number of occasions when evaluating the evidence (or lack of).
edit on 7-12-2010 by digitalf because: changed content [4]

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Again, RESEARCH the charges. You're making yourself look like a douchebag with your fingers in your ears shouting "lalalalala".

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

I agree. I am not sure what to think about him just yet, but I do support what he is trying to do. Our governments have been hiding too much from us for too long. I believe that every so often a cleaning of the closet is needed.

It's still unclear to me if he's guilty or not, but then again I guess the courts will decide that. Part of the reason I read ATS is for the flow of information that you describe. You can't find it anywhere else and it keep sucking me in time after time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by RMFX1

Again, RESEARCH the charges. You're making yourself look like a douchebag with your fingers in your ears shouting "lalalalala".

yes ...he didnt know the charges at all ..he just heard word rape and he is getting mad ..mad as hell

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Actually I read in several different news sources that arrest was enough to release those said documents.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Assange is assandwiched away from a lassagne or being assanginated,is he his worst own enemy ,this is totally amusing to watch ,i mean more reason for internet policies banning provocative agendas.Trust me this name is a headliner for any journo !Well done the net will be closed shortly for national security reasons.Enough said.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That's right.....Don't mess with the USA cause the government will get ya!
Yes I know he was arrested for a separate issue, but we all know what he was REALLY arrested for.

Dont mess with the USA.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Good I'm so glad the arrested this guy.

Now release the key already.

Release the key
Release the key.
Release the key.
Release the key.

I call cow pie..

Time will tell is there more information or not..

One more time release the key.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Redhead6971

Great. But they made it clear today they will not release the key due to the arrest. It's now the official stance.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
The Metropolitan Police released a statement a short time ago saying that he was arrested this morning at 9am by appointment, that he “presented himself”. They also said that he is accused of 1 count of unlawful coercion, 1 count of sexual molestation and 1 count of rape.

SinceAssange turned himself in, it's all apart of the BIG plan. You wait and see. Julian Assange will soon be released, and will go into hiding someplace... probably Switzerland....? He'll NEVER see the inside of a courtroom for a trial, of any sort. Everyone knows that the sex related charges were trumped up, so that regular, everyday people will begin to hate him.
I don't want to make this comparison but...... A lot of people hated Jesus when he was turned in, right?

link   
These charges are pure BS here's what one of the so called victims had to say 'He is not violent'
One of the women involved in the sexual abuse allegations told the Swedish daily newspaper Aftonbladet that she had had voluntary relations with him and had never wanted him to be charged with rape, the Guardian said.

"He is not violent and I do not feel threatened by him," she said — anonymously — according to the paper.

A spokesman for WikiLeaks called Assange's arrest an attack on media freedom and said it won't prevent the organization from releasing more secret documents.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Backbiter2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by gator1177

And how do you do know the charges are bogus?

He should also be getting done for releasing classified documents.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

The onlty reaon this guy was arrested is because he released calssified information period.

If he commited a crime when this happened why are the coming after him now.

I love my country. The home of the free because of the brave.

BUT!!

I feel this is a setup and it makes me sick to think my government is creating this crap.

Go after him for releaseing classified information you idiots.

This is why this country has so many problems.

How about Manning. I think he should be put to death for treason against his coutry at a time of war.

Sorry Bradley Manning you should be shot by a firing squad for what you have caused. People will die because of this.

Hold your head low soldier you should be ashamed of your self. You took the oath and were sworn to secrecy. If you had a problem there are wistle blower procedures which if needed you should have followed.

Off with your head you tool.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by Redhead6971

Great. But they made it clear today they will not release the key due to the arrest. It's now the official stance.

www.rawstory.com...

there is no key

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Latest on BBC re Assange arrest

Of course this is politically motivated. Its not on teh BBC website, however, today in an earlier bulletin it was suggested that Assange was refused bail to protect him from extradition proceedings by USA. Additionally it was claimed that one of his accusers is a hrdline feminist who has written a boog on how to obtain 'legal' revenge. They stated that this would be used by Assange's solicitor in his defence of teh charges.

It is all absolutely appalling. Visa have now shut him down too.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I'm about sick and tired of members on this site calling for the death of people. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. It isn't even proven that Bradley was the source of the leak. It's been said over and over in this thread, but I'll say it again. Innocent until proven guilty. What is so hard to understand about that?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1
reply to post by Rocky Black

I'm about sick and tired of members on this site calling for the death of people. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. It isn't even proven that Bradley was the source of the leak. It's been said over and over in this thread, but I'll say it again. Innocent until proven guilty. What is so hard to understand about that?

manning admited to it how much more proof do you need>?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nice one SaturnFX.

100% agreed.

Isn't it great, that we as ATS members, some of us here for years who have found little in the way of common ground with each other, can agree so completely on the *real* issues like this.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join