It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

A police report has been filed concerning those who are calling for his assassination. However, I doubt it will get much movement. Still, it is sickening to see people hoping for his death.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
5 people said they would stand for him for bail in the court, and it STILL got denied. So he is now in custody untill December 14th.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Chevalerous

You know, a funny thing is that the prosecutor in Sweden created this arrest warrent ONLY because she needed to hear his version of the case. So this is ONLY a warrent to get him back to Sweden to be interviewed about the case by the state prosecutor - to face the allegations against him.

Oh right.

*Snip*

The ONLY parts was meant to be kind of sarcastic in regards of the Swedish prosecutors weak official argument that she made this international arrest warrent ONLY because she needed an interview while the world knows about her refusal to make any comprimises regarding a "hearing" despite the difficult circumstances for Assange.

So yes, we all suspect that there's something fishy going on and that a dog is buried regarding the strange & peculiar behaviour of the prosecutor's handling of this case!

Sorry if my post was confusing, but I wrote it in a hurry - and for the protocol, I am not defending the Swedish prosecutors strange actions!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

What are 'the banks' going to do, arrest or assassinate every one of the 1000's of WL members willing to pick up the banner and carry on regardless?

They haven't a hope of preventing the release. Arresting Assange will do *nothing* to prevent further releases, it will only serve to prove WL point that severe corruption exists in many governments around the world.

Governments willing to toss out the rule of law and honest legal process, whenever it suits them to.

They are digging themselves deeper in the crud, and they don't have a ladder to climb out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Julian has proven himself to be everything to everyone, he is either a villain or a hero, a godlike man with good intentions or a rapist, a government agent or an agent of truth....

He is simply the figurehead of the group known as wikileaks which ultimately is a tool for the advancement of global agendas.

Maybe it is time to find another stooge to replace him?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

What are 'the banks' going to do, arrest or assassinate every one of the 1000's of WL members willing to pick up the banner and carry on regardless?

They haven't a hope of preventing the release. Arresting Assange will do *nothing* to prevent further releases, it will only serve to prove WL point that severe corruption exists in many governments around the world.

Governments willing to toss out the rule of law and honest legal process, whenever it suits them to.

They are digging themselves deeper in the crud, and they don't have a ladder to climb out.

if they have to they just finance world war 3 and get rid of most of us and start over again with the remaining sheep.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I would be more worried about the fact that without people like this Assange chap, the people have no way to confirm wether the people we employ to do our bidding , are doing as they are told or not. We had no idea about some of the total crap that happens in diplomacy until we heard from Wikileaks. We had no direct evidence that war crimes had been committed until Wikileaks showed us video of Journalists and a child being shot to death from a chopper doorway, with massively overpowered guns, and the wackjobs manning the cannons laughing thier heads off.
We would know NONE of that, or any of the rest of the information which his website has published. I prefer a world that has Wikileaks in it. I believe that the worlds governments should all fear this site, and re adjust and comply from now on with the most stringent standards of decency and respect lest thier characters be again bought infront of the public. I do NOT believe that diplomats HAVE to be able to talk privately , and I believe that Wikileaks will , assuming it is not the target of some devastating secret service hatchet job, be a tool for the peoples of all nations , to ensure the quality, honesty and transparancy of thier governments. As I have said before, Wikileaks should be sponsored by the UN to ensure fair play by all its member states.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

Agreed.

Hopefully, they'll come to their senses and release Assange. Not because of any insinuation of so called blackmail, but because it's the right thing to do.

My guess is that now he's in 'custody', he'll be visited by myriad US and UK 'representatives' looking to make a deal on the further releases.

A kind of quid-pro-quo arrangement.

We drop the charges and call the attack dogs off, and WL only releases 'soft' information that we OK.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Although, i have to say, i feel they will be wasting their time.

I hope they would be anyway.

Is there a demo of some description planned in support of WL/Assange?

I've never marched about anything in my life, but i would over this situation.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I find it interesting, that with all that has transpired with Mr. Assange, I can only conclude that this has to be some sort of " coup " with in the Powers of government. Whether that include all Foreign powers, or a select few. All these allegations, with no regard to specific laws of a country. ( ex: if he his in london, he is required to fulfill the law of London, US law has no impact on a person in a completely different country, unless I'm wrong? )

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'd march too spikey.... I've just about had enough of corruption in governments... and this whole saga seems to be very corrupt, we as ordinary people are getting shafted left right and centre… it's time to stop it… the whole expenses scandal should have had the UK in the streets… what happened? Nothing.. The robbing gits got away with it yet again!

Where do I sign up?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Teknikal

I would be more worried about the fact that without people like this Assange chap, the people have no way to confirm wether the people we employ to do our bidding , are doing as they are told or not. We had no idea about some of the total crap that happens in diplomacy until we heard from Wikileaks. We had no direct evidence that war crimes had been committed until Wikileaks showed us video of Journalists and a child being shot to death from a chopper doorway, with massively overpowered guns, and the wackjobs manning the cannons laughing thier heads off.
We would know NONE of that, or any of the rest of the information which his website has published. I prefer a world that has Wikileaks in it. I believe that the worlds governments should all fear this site, and re adjust and comply from now on with the most stringent standards of decency and respect lest thier characters be again bought infront of the public. I do NOT believe that diplomats HAVE to be able to talk privately , and I believe that Wikileaks will , assuming it is not the target of some devastating secret service hatchet job, be a tool for the peoples of all nations , to ensure the quality, honesty and transparancy of thier governments. As I have said before, Wikileaks should be sponsored by the UN to ensure fair play by all its member states.

Wikileaks uses the exact same techniques as the mass media I have yet to see anything they have released that isn't slanted in some way or another theres definetely an agenda in there somewhere although it may be as simple as making money.

I don't really care about it at all in honesty until the point where they could kick of wars or put my own country's national security in jeopardy at which point I side with the Government.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well. Looks like the battle lines have been drawn..

Judge wants to revue evidence and then make a second judgement on bail request.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1
reply to post by ov3rdos3

You do realize that is a chargeable offense, right? Shame on you for wishing the death of anyone.

No...no it's not. Not unless he actually tries to get someone to do it. Just saying we should kill him or hire someone isn't an offense.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Praises to the judge for that. Especially since six people offered at least £20,000 of surety and one anonymous individual offering £60,000. We can only hope the judge comes to his senses.

Source

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Hey! No Worries man, i knew you were being sarcastic because of the caps on ONLY.

I was too, although not directed at you, but for the wider audience.

Tone is quite hard to get across in this medium sometimes. I'm always being misunderstood.

Sorry, if i gave you the impression i was barking at you, i sincerely wasn't mate.

Cheers for the post.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

Really? What if he had said that about President Obama and word got out? I'm sure the dogs would be released in rapid fashion.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

It is worth pointing out, when accused of rape, it is very difficult to get a bail request under UK law. I recall studying the procedures for bail requests at university, briefly. Be refuse bail, he is technically protected by British police.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKickass123

(shudder) Let's really, really, really hope not.

To be honest, WL is probably the only outfit (in the public eye at least) that due to their exposing of these creeps, might actually prevent or delay such a plan, if indeed it existed, simply by raising billions of people's awareness level.

(fingers crossed)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

I hope judge will release him till end of the day

second line

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A must read Article by Julian Assange written today in The Australian

blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Key lines:

* WikiLeaks is fearlessly publishing facts that need to be made public.

* The dark days of corruption in the Queensland government before the Fitzgerald inquiry are testimony to what happens when the politicians gag the media from reporting the truth.

* (My idea is) to use internet technologies in new ways to report the truth.

* People have said I am anti-war: for the record, I am not. Sometimes nations need to go to war, and there are just wars.

* The Gillard government (Australia) is trying to shoot the messenger because it doesn’t want the truth revealed.

This has gone way past the rights and wrongs of the cables, it is now a question of transparent governments and freedoms, we have now had a chance to see them as they really are.
TPTB know that if anything amiss was to happen to Assange they would lose the little credibility they have left.

WikiLeaks say "IT is business as usuaL, more cables tonight"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join