It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

It sounds like they want him at all cost maybe he is holding something really explosive,something they are truly worried about getting out to the public.From what I heard they did not want to touch him unless they had a solid case to take him down because he is still protected by the first amendment.They already have Manning and he's the only one they can persecute for a crime.It's shady at best...........

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Stuncrazy & Animatrix,

Sorry, I guess I need to tone it down. And no, I'm not any kind of professor.

I guess that shoots me in the foot.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think Mr Assange is smart enough to have quite a lot up his sleeves in the way of bargaining power to protect himself if his capture is in fact true. Any member of the establishment who would be involved with this arrest would surely have been fully briefed to do just their job and nothing more.

Let's see how this pans out eh? and good luck to him wherever and whatever he is going through.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The translation on that site is abit off. It seems to be talking more about the warrent then his actual arrest. Here is the CSM article about it. Basicly says the brits know where he is but wont move until they get more info from the sweeds

CSM Assange report

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
alright, so all in all i'm really new to this whole scene of alternative news and the like.. i've been wanting to find some legit alternative news sources as i know i can't sources like fox.... hahaha
i know this is kind of off topic but can anyone give me some valid places i should check out?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmm.great place to hide from the authorities the UK (NOT).

All comms tracked,all bank transactions scrutinised,more CCTV the commie China,and a government who often go along with whatever the whitehouse want,regardless of the consequences for its people.

Yeah great place to hide from the Law...

Makes you wonder WTF is the truth behind the Assange saga.
Surely he ain't that naive-he should have headed for Venuzuela if he wanted to hide from westen authorities IMO,with a nice fake passport and maybe a quick botox and coloured contact lens job for good measure.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Best thing to do is read 4 or 5 of them. I read Fox MSN CNN Times of London, and Christian Science Monitor. Most of the alt news outlets just inturpret the news for you. If you need more info just PM me.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If this is true then I'm gutted. I thought that this was the point in time where the truth was going to be fully told.

Hopefully his team will dump the lot.
If the story is true, then now WTF are we gonna do?

Start a massive FB or Twitter campaign? Owts better than nowt!!
I'm not in a financial position to provide backing but what I do have is an urge to help as I feel its the right way.
Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

hi
can i ask why ........

I am unfortunately unable to search for other sources which confirm or refute this story.

?????
xploder

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well no word of this on the MSM
I just checked

more disinfo ????

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
there no more news anywhere on this.... im not sure if this is the case..
kx

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

true that. i was riding the line on believing these wikileaks or not..
i was a full blown believer at first then started getting iffy about it since it got so much media-play

cause most of the stuff i've been finding out and researching i don't EVER see on media.

but now if in fact what i found is true, then that changes everything... cause it just shows how bad they wanted him.

although i don't really understand why the last leak really wasn't all that forth-telling, although that just leads me to assume they know something we don't, and they don't want that something to get out.(which is usually the case
)
edit on 2-12-2010 by stuncrazy because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe somebody in this thread will answer me.

Originally posted by OldCorp
I've seen people posting "It's in the Insurance File," or "Compare it with the Insurance File." Excuse me for being a retard, but WTF is the "Insurance File, where can it be found, and is there a code (I've seen that you need a "key" to read it) available that is required to read it?.

What? Do I smell or something?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If this is true,and he gets packed of to some black site for a swimming lesson,I wonder if he will have a back up plan-anyone remeber the mysterious "wikileaks insurance file,"the encrypted one??

Maybe his folks could get him released on the threat of releasing the encryption key to the public?

Must have been a point to that insurance file IMO.
We shall see I guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
double post

edit on 2/12/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

On 25 July 2010,[206] WikiLeaks released to The Guardian, The New York Times, and Der Spiegel over 92,000 documents related to the war in Afghanistan between 2004 and the end of 2009. The documents detail individual incidents including friendly fire and civilian casualties.[207] The scale of leak was described by Julian Assange as comparable to that of the Pentagon Papers in the 1970s. The documents were released to the public on 25 July 2010. On 29 July 2010 WikiLeaks added a 1.4 GB "Insurance File" to the Afghan War Diary page. The file is AES encrypted and has been speculated to serve as insurance in case the WikiLeaks website or its spokesman Julian Assange are incapacitated, upon which the passphrase could be published

wkikpedia - Wikileaks

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The insurance file is an encrypted file that was release by wikileaks some time ago. It's a bargain chip. The file can't be hacked (to keep it simple. i know it could an stuff but i'll leave it at 'uncrackable').

Some believe there might be very sensitive information inside to protect Assange / work as a dead mens switch

NO ONE knows what is in the file or can compare anything to the file. It has a high level encryption on it.

The key is not public yet. If it ever will be release is an other question. But for now we can only speculate what is in this file until Wikileaks/assange gives us the key to open the file

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whether it's true or not, they know exactly where the guy is and they're making him out to be like Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible with fake faces and crap.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance"

I am sure you can find some news stories on google about it if you try, just google 'wikileaks insurance'.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I still can't find any other source to support the OP,
but I cannot imagine the UK cops NOT arresting Assange if they do know where he is(which they claim to,or Assanges Lawyer claims).
Although the Swedish arrest warrant may not be technically legal,Interpol have also put out a warrent on him-and I cannot see the UK police ignoring that one:

Interpol has also placed him on a wanted list, but Stephens said he was sceptical about the Swedish authorities' case, especially as Swedish authorities had failed to provide him with the warrant or any documents. "The probability of the prosecutor managing to produce a valid warrant is remote," he said

www.google.com...

Unless of course they have been told by someone tougher than they are NOT to arrest him,as they have a hit team on the case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join