It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader
reply to post by OldCorp

The insurance file is an encrypted file that was release by wikileaks some time ago. It's a bargain chip. The file can't be hacked (to keep it simple. i know it could an stuff but i'll leave it at 'uncrackable').

Some believe there might be very sensitive information inside to protect Assange / work as a dead mens switch

NO ONE knows what is in the file or can compare anything to the file. It has a high level encryption on it.

The key is not public yet. If it ever will be release is an other question. But for now we can only speculate what is in this file until Wikileaks/assange gives us the key to open the file

Thank you
and
Thank you

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Becker44

this punk is revealing the truth,you are revealing nothing
second line

Great line of thinking, then in true old fashioned ats tradition wanna back that one up? Do you posses original files from the government that you are fact checking this all with?? Because until someone shows us that evidence then it's all inadmissible in my opinion. I love how people are quick to pass judgment on Beck and people like him, demanding proof of anything he says although his track record is near perfect yet Julian Assange pops up and suddenly he is a hero with the same problem he hasn't provided enough actual proof.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
becker obviously believes are government is still a real government.

you call him a low life, I call you a sheep.

All he is doing is exposing government corruption, these cables put no ones life at risk, but they put a lot of political careers at risk; and that is why he must be caught, for their sake not our countries.

I support him much more then I support any of our 'representatives'

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Hmmm.great place to hide from the authorities the UK (NOT).

All comms tracked,all bank transactions scrutinised,more CCTV the commie China,and a government who often go along with whatever the whitehouse want,regardless of the consequences for its people.

Yeah great place to hide from the Law...

Makes you wonder WTF is the truth behind the Assange saga.
Surely he ain't that naive-he should have headed for Venuzuela if he wanted to hide from westen authorities IMO,with a nice fake passport and maybe a quick botox and coloured contact lens job for good measure.

People are assuming he is hiding from the authorites - but I don't think that is the case. I think he is hiding from hit squads.

Regarding the allegations, he has been in UK, has seen his lawyers, and has said he is willing to co-operate with the Swedish authorities wia statements made by his lawyers. According to the Daily Mail article I posted earlier, he gave the UK Police the address where he was staying. He seems to have been totally up front in regards to this. His lawyers claim the Swedes have not followed proper procedures. On Monday they stated that Assange had received no notification from Sweden of any charges against him, and that he was only wanted for 'questioning'. Because the lawyers claim Sweden is not following proper procedures, they are challenging the warrant in the Swedish Supreme Court. They have also stated that Assange is willing to speak to them and answer questions in UK. They want him to go to Sweden to answer the questions.

So, personally I think these statements that he is running away from the authorities is BS and totally inaccurate - and actually a slur on him.

I think he is, however, being very careful to avoid an 'accident' or a 'suicide' or even a 'kidnap'.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

i take it i should clarify myself, don't wanna seem like a hater. IF assange is who he say's he is, and if he really does leak damning evidence about things that governments are keeping secret from us. IF these things are true and he is not a hoax, then why nail him to the boards? maybe I'm presuming too much, but that's a good thing to do right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I just read an update on Australian news..
The new arrest warrant has NOT even been written yet..
So he can't be arrested..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by xavi1000

this punk is revealing the truth,you are revealing nothing
second line

Great line of thinking, then in true old fashioned ats tradition wanna back that one up? Do you posses original files from the government that you are fact checking this all with?? Because until someone shows us that evidence then it's all inadmissible in my opinion. I love how people are quick to pass judgment on Beck and people like him, demanding proof of anything he says although his track record is near perfect yet Julian Assange pops up and suddenly he is a hero with the same problem he hasn't provided enough actual proof.

Do you think for one second TPTB wouldn't have made a major media furore about it if these documents weren't accurate? Do you think the State Department would have made the statements they have about this not damaging their 'friendships' and 'diplomatic relationships' if these documents were fake? They would have used that information to shred Assanges reputation to pieces. Caution is one thing...but to suggest this info is fake at this stage is nonsensical.

edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Do you folks really think this is all brand new ways governments do business? They have been doing this before most on here were born. You just now have come out of the woodwork to cheerlead ASS-ange.

Where were you all 8 days ago demanding all this information? Oh that's right most are still hanging on to the 9/11 inside job hypothesis.

Where are the original thinkers rather than the conspiracy du jour folks on the Wiki thread? Huh?

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by jaynkeel

i take it i should clarify myself, don't wanna seem like a hater. IF assange is who he say's he is, and if he really does leak damning evidence about things that governments are keeping secret from us. IF these things are true and he is not a hoax, then why nail him to the boards? maybe I'm presuming too much, but that's a good thing to do right?

Agreed, a star for you. That's what frustrates me personally, I could give a damn less what so and so thinks about so and so it all boils down to what if's at this point. As nobody but Assange knows for sure what his intentions are. But for some to dismiss logical evidence presented to them because they are hell bent on hating someone thats just being ignorant. Long gone are the days of shoot first ask questions later, or so we should hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well not necessarily fake but intentional. I know I got a little hot under the collar on that post. I just get the feeling we are being played by both sides, weather or not both sides are one side is yet to be determined.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Do you folks really think this is all brand new ways governments do business? They have been doing this before most on here were born. You just now have come out of the woodwork to cheerlead ASS-ange.

Where were you all 8 days ago demanding all this information? Oh that's right most are still hanging on to the 9/11 inside job hypothesis.

Where are the original thinkers rather than the conspiracy du jour folks on the Wiki thread? Huh?

Becker

So where is your logic in thinking that he should be hung for what he did? How is what he did really a crime? Can you prove that anyones life is in danger from the cable releases? Are political careers of treasonous politicians more important then the truth?

I'll never understand your logic, you are clearly not an independent thinker; you are the medias parrot.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
denv is right the source cited is out of date and all the news wires have nothing of this....

Assange is not captured.

I hope that's the case. BTW captured tends to imply he has been running away or hiding - and I don't believe he has. And I hope he hasn't been arrested either.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Well not necessarily fake but intentional. I know I got a little hot under the collar on that post. I just get the feeling we are being played by both sides, weather or not both sides are one side is yet to be determined.

For what it's worth, my considered view - WL is genuine. He is an incredibly clever guy. I think it is more likely that he is playing them. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

How often, in history, has actual evidence been provided, except 50 or 60 years later? Yes, we all suspect it is going on - believe it is going on, but actual evidence that it is going on is a different ball game. Once there is evidence, people can be held accountable - as Hillary is finding out right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Can you prove that anyones life is in danger from the cable releases

Not so fast there Senor Obama.

We have approximately 249,700 more files to be dumped. I would suggest a little pie-hole closure until the meat comes out. National security is nothing to be so cavalier about.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

please understand becker not attacking you in any way shape or form, simply inquiring cause you're statement seems out of place, considering what assenge MAY be doing.

i'm a youngan i'll give you that. i may be young but boy i've been into this kind of stuff since i was a wee lad. please believe that. i've been blowing the whistle to anyone who would hear since i can remember. before good ol' G.W. was elected i truly believed he would be one of our worst presidents (at least in my life time). i smelled somethin funny when 9/11 happened and i was barely in 9th grade.

and seeing as if he were captured and he were persecuted and they basically set him up, wouldn't that sound like something that "they" would do to someone that is blowing the whistle on such a huge scale.

so with that being said, if this guy gets nailed to the wall as a sign for the rest of us, wouldn't that make it more likely that he's playin for the real good guys?

now if he gets away scott free, then that's basically damning evidence of the contrary.

so i guess my point is if he really is one of the good guys then he's gonna get dropped like a bad habit. i mean isn't that the only real future for those who truly fight the powers that be. your only reward in this life is a painful death, but that's not why we do it. we do it for the principles and morality of it all.

i know thats why i research that's why bringing the system to a screeching halt is my wish,passion,whatever you wanna call it. because i'm sick of looking around and seeing this hell called earth, and i'm damned pissed because i can see it plain as day... all these rich *expletive deleted* reaping the rewards of the rest of our sufferings, but they have people so blinded by tv propaganda and just plain BS.

i'm just sayin If he were one of us, IF, why would you want to string him up?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm no fan of Hillary and even less so of the U.N. We fund it, prop it up and we have a right to know who these members are. We need to know their backgrounds and their respective agendas.

Becker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Becker

Yes, people have been doing it for years - but it is also considered very serious when a spy is caught. Many have been killed for spying.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

We have approximately 249,700 more files to be dumped. I would suggest a little pie-hole closure until the meat comes out. National security is nothing to be so cavalier about.

Becker

oh so.. you're a patriot... haha oh ok gotcha.
the truth is far more important... we are a nation started by revolution to escape the exact thing that controls us today THE BANKS... patriotism is another sect of sheeple.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm no fan of Hillary and even less so of the U.N. We fund it, prop it up and we have a right to know who these members are. We need to know their backgrounds and their respective agendas.

Becker

US is a member state like everyone else, nothing more. US has to obey the rules like everyone else. Collecting DNA and fingerprints is not finding out about backgrounds and agendas.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join