It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Assange captured

nerdynerdnerdz.com

Reports are surfacing that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been caught outside of Southeast England at an undisclosed safe-house. My contact also states that authorities have him in custody but are trying to persuade him to turn in several hackers who released highly top secret files onto the wikileaks site. Sources also indicated that the sexual assault charges are false charges generated by the government in an attempted and well executed smear campaign on Julian Assange and his website Wikileaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-12-2010 by Maxmars because: nightmare..... rumor surfaces two weeks later.... PS - HE WAS NOT CAPTURED

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
so i'm new to this site but i haven't seen anything on here about this yet..
i was searching through cryptome.org and i saw this on there first and did a search and found this article.
just wanted to share this with you guys.
i find it interesting becasue i myself was questioning the credibility of wikileaks, for the sole reason that it was played by the media, and i figured if the media is talking about it then it's gotta be disinfo, but idk this changes my perspective a little. mainly cause it took them so little time to capture the guy.

nerdynerdnerdz.com

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Media is talking about a few hand-full cases only - not some other important things in the leaks.

And most of their talk if not 99% is about the actual leak of info or Assange's character - not the scary stuff inside.

I doubt it's fake and it's very sad he was caught.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Thats not news, thats a blog site.. a nerdy one at that

link   

Who cares about the so called smear campaign.

The meat and potatoes of the article should focus on his capture.
The Big question is, Now what?

link   
If this is true,hold on to your shorts because its all likely to be dumped now,key and all. Remain calm and do not act irrationally when evil is exposed lets verify and give time for the info to digest. Hold on to your seat people were in for a heck of a ride now.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.aklagare.se...

go there if you want the news article...
the blog site was just my secondary source

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That looks very legit.
They had issued a fresh warrant for his arrest earlier today, one that was politically correct.
www.euronews.net...

Assange claimed all along he was not in hiding, and he would come in.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am unfortunately unable to search for other sources which confirm or refute this story.

Needless to say, rendition is not out of the question for Mr. Assange. So it would seem that in the realm of possibilities, this story isn't immediately suspect.

We know the charges Mr. Assange faced were strongly 'nurtured' by the establishment, as they neded to show cause other than interferening with his enterprise before they could sequester him to a location and fate of their choice.

I hope some members may be able to determine the actual source of this message. The OP found a good one here, and even if it is false or a feeble (if not somewhat effective) means to garner 'hits' on their website, it bears discussion nevertheless.

I know that much ancilliary information is being jettisoned into the mainstream about the Wikileaks tale, and regardless of the players, the effort and strategy of it's dissemination tells us much about the world as we 'thought' we knew it.

I will remain 'tuned in' to see what surfaces.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well damn, I guess he shouldve taken Ecuador up on their offer to give him asylum.

+2 more 
link   
This is very, very sad news.

I want to know where he is and what kind of treatment he is getting - this needs to be watched very carefully.
This may be what they wanted all along. The trumped up charges gave them the opportunity to arrest him to pressure him into releasing info...because if he releases info about sources, that will be the end of WL. I have no doubt he won't release any sources, but may God protect him and keep him safe.

second
edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
NOOOOO! I hope they don't hurt him! Everybody knows that the charges are bogus!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wonder if we will get the key to the "insurance" file now? I hope so....one last "F" You from Assange.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

wow bro... not gonna lie, your post made me feel stupid because i didn't understand half of it hahaha.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Maxmars

wow bro... not gonna lie, your post made me feel stupid because i didn't understand half of it hahaha.

lmao, i wasnt gonna say it but since you did i dont feel bad.. Was gonna ask if he was an english professor.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Between waterboarding and several other methods of "legal" interrogation, Assange will probably wish he was dead - or in Ecuador.

I imagine though, his initial capture will be secreted to provide the interrogation. It most likely won't be published.
edit on 2-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: just to add something

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
From the Daily Mail:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Suspect: Julian Assange is wanted by Interpol. He only escaped arrest yesterday after Swedish authorities incorrectly filled out paperwork
The site took up residence on Amazon's self-service Web servers after a rash of Internet-based attacks started Sunday against its Swedish host, Bahnhof.
But Wikileaks was again unavailable for hours today in the U.S., as Amazon's servers stopped responding to requests.
Despite the setback - and Mr Assange’s personal travails - WikiLeaks continues to release diplomatic cables, including some secret correspondence, on its website.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: 'Leaks are an attack on the international community'
WikiLeaks tweeted in response: 'WikiLeaks servers at Amazon ousted. Free speech, the land of the free - fine our $ are now spent to employ people in Europe.'
The planned release of 251,287 documents, of which 291 are currently available, has been condemned by several world leaders, with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton calling it 'an attack on the international community'.
There had been reports that the U.S. was investigating whether Mr Assange had committed treason, but as he is an Australian citizen such charges would not stick.

Mark Stephens, Mr Assange’s lawyer, has questioned the timing of Interpol’s warrant, saying his client was being persecuted.
Mr Assange lives a rootless life, has hardly any possessions and uses his Australian passport to stay with friends in various countries.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If I were any leader of any nation I would have taken him in and given him a medal. I would have put him in a bunker somewhere....

How come no country did this?

Ecuador told him to come and he did not move?? How come?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Given his legal team are in London and that he has been in close touch with the Guardian the whole time I somehow doubt any of the big players will be able to move against him in any way that is outside British and European Law.. and there are a whole raft of courts to go through first..

I believe some one is playing a dangerous game, be interesting to watch this one develop

edit on 2/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am skeptical of this... but it is well within the realm of relevant possibility.

But just where is "outside of Southeast England" ?!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join