It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Personally, until I learn otherwise, I think he is exactly who he claims to be. I also do not believe that he attempted to rape anybody. For one thing, he sets off my gaydar; I doubt he's ever even kissed a woman.

I also think Bradley Manning is a Hero. Our governments are out of control and everybody knows it, but nobody wants to do anything about it. When somebody finally does do something about it, we jail him as a "traitor". No, I do not think we need to have as many secrets as we do (By "we" I mean the whole world, not just the USA). Do we need to keep certain things secret, yes. But, some of the stuff that has been released just shows how arrogant government officials have become because they know that they will not be held accountable for their actions.

It's embarrassing being caught in a lie. When you make the effort to embarrass someone, or a group of people, who have real power, you may just reap the whirlwind. Which is what is happening to Manning and Assange.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i think it might be safe to say that assange might be in safer hands with the law and he probably knows that, and is why he never left england. i seriously doubt the US government will ever get their hands on him, and chances are the swedes had a deal set way in advance with him to circumvent the rest of the world opportunity on him, because they filed charges first...lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Personally, until I learn otherwise, I think he is exactly who he claims to be. I also do not believe that he attempted to rape anybody. For one thing, he sets off my gaydar; I doubt he's ever even kissed a woman.

awesome

i totally agree with everything you said. i think is the government's job to be the voice of the people, and not to make decisions that they think are "best" for us. these are "elected" officials and when this country was formed they were to be servants of the people not the other way around.

any organization that is held in secrecy should be abolished.

sources such as what wikileaks claims to be, should be an absolute norm.. it should be the people's responsibilty, right, and passion to check and balance those, whom claim to "protect and serve" the people.

this was a nation of the people and for the people. not a nation of the people for the bankers.

i truly believe we have failed our fore fathers and for that i am truly saddened.

link   
Okay no news of this anywhere except "nerdynerdz", which itself has no sources for it's claim.

Is this bunk then? Personally I doubt Assange is foolish enough to venture beyond Swedish or Swiss borders for a police state like England, or the US for that matter - not with politicians here demanding he be hunted down like the Taliban.

link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Hmm I think the UK government would hand him over in a flash if they were pressured by the USA to do so-remember when there was talk of the "special relationship"and data sharing from the US being stopped if the UK refused to hand over Gary Mckinnon(the pentagon "UFO" hacker.)?

If they threaten that for one guy who didn't even publish any real info,I think they would do alot more to get their hands on Mr A.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

the us never issued warrant

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I couldn't find any sources to back up the OPs post.

But if he is captured, I truly hope he is safe and has a back up plan for the release of these 250 thousand some cables. There have been some very interesting things being released so far and I'm looking forward to the release of documents on major banks next year.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Striker122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Whether it's true or not, they know exactly where the guy is

Of course his employers inside the government know exactly where he is. The only thing inside this whole farce that would actually surprise me is if he fell on the sword before a highly publicized replacement had been announced. At this time, he's portrayed as enough of a solo rogue that I doubt he'll be taken in. As soon as the media (& government) associate another individual with these leaks, then the Assange in custody countdown can officially begin.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

True,but IMO they REALLY want to get Assange,and if he gets taken into custody I expect he will end up on trail in the USA,even if they have to make a new law or two to get him to trail.
Just for exposing what Hilary was getting up to at the UN...let alone the other stuff.

Anyhow,I think other media outlets would be all over this by now if it was true,so I am not sure hes been caught yet.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just read in another forum that apparently some cables are missing (the number of files released went DOWN since yesterday), missing cables have been noted as being mostly about Iran. I'm not liking this at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The irony is that if indeed he has been arrested or has handed himself in, that this too is a secret.

I would suggest this will end in a stalemate where Assange agrees to a confidential settlement and disappears from sight promising never to publish anymore.

If that is what plays out, then it leaves a question mark hanging whether this was all a staged event from go to finish?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Soooooooo it just seems a little too easy for this guy to be suddenly caught and yet not a whiff about Bin Laden who the world has been after for how long.....................I have no proof but just feel that Assange is just part of the corporate elite and is a stooge and not one of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can confirm that Julian Assange has not been arrested.

I am only after talking to a Wikileak volunteer, supplied them with all the sources on this thread and other links on the net. They asked around, done their homework and then were able to tell me that they could confirm that Julian Assange has not been captured, and that the source of the rumors/propaganda is coming from Aklagare.se

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Assange was never in hiding..The British always knew how to contact him..
There was up until yesterday, no legal warrant for his arrest..
If this new news is true, then he probably went in himself, hardly caught.

I think they are playing a dangerous game. I'd be sure that Assange would have it set that if he doesn't remain in contact the insurance file is released..
Well that's what I would do..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Check my above post, Julian has not been captured.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
www.aklagare.se...

go there if you want the news article...
the blog site was just my secondary source

if you read my initial post i stated that i first saw this on cryptome.org first, and after reasearching more i found the nerd site.

isn't that aklagare site some kind of international prosecutor site?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Aklagare is spreading disinformation, please read my posts above.

ITS A HOAX and already reported to MODs

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by stuncrazy

Aklagare is spreading disinformation, please read my posts above.

ITS A HOAX and already reported to MODs

If that is true then whoever is responsible is playing a very foolish game. Perhaps it is a way of making us react, get all heated and then feel deflated. That way when he does get arrested it wont come as such a shock and the reaction will be less agressive.

One way or another you do not hoax such a sensetive situation without repraisal.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Somebody gonna getta hurt real baddd!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

wait you saying i'm a hoax?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join