It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Trouble is that the rules are not made for guys like this guy. Perhaps if he had a septic tank they'd leave him alone. Having electricity is certainly not cause for eviction. Many people are off the grid some right here in the town that I live in. Not having water is a question. Plainly he does have water but has to go get on his own. I know others who have water trucked in.

The issue is probably that neighbors have complained about something like perhaps accumulations of trash. That is a possibility.

It is rather irksome to me though. Here in San Diego County there are "legal green card aliens" living illegally in canyons in "squatter camps" without any facilities at all but local government does nothing about it. Probably they don't know what to do.

The trouble is not we the people. The trouble is middle level managers with their heads in the shade.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes, because manipulated humans have to

consume consume, so that self worth may be enjoyed.

Hopefully the system will just consume itself away, but it appears its going to stage more plays, and then finish off with all the fiat to create their capstone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My answer is simple; he should live how he wants on his land. If someone tries to forcibly evict him he can forcibly kill them. Its time for people to get extreme with their liberty, land and property! The courts have failed!
edit on 1-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: grammar

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Most people in the near future will be living without electric and water... because the economy is completely collapsing thanks to our esteemed president

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In our modern day and age, in *this* country, we do have certain standards. Plumbing is one of them. And, yes, it *IS* for the overall safety of the community. This is a democracy, not a "minocracy." Did you know that the Haanta (sp) virus originates from the feces of desert/field mice? Yes. They deficate, and it dries. The virus is then airborne with the dusty feces. When it's inhaled into healthy lungs... people get sick and many times they die. The human lifespan (especially in this country) has been getting longer over the decades because of our health code. Out-houses went "out" of style a while back. Sure, I know that on some mountains in the Appalachians or other places people still employ them, but isn't there a governing regulation for the proper construction of out-houses? They seem to have a regulation for almost anything. Perhaps this guy's out-house was not properly built. What's going on in Haiti right now --CHOLERA OUTBREAK-- is an example of what we realize might happen here if we let too many people dispose of their waste improperly. It doesn't matter how large his property is IF he is disposing of his waste into a stream, creek or river (or lake) that runs into or crosses into another property.

The thing is, I don't know the specifics, so I'm just stating principal here. A person's rights do indeed stop at your nose (i.e. you have the right to do almost *anything* as long as it doesn't harm or potentially harm another --or destroy/taint them or their property in some way).

All of that being said... Is his property large enough to sustain and hide his way of life? By "hide" I mean can people driving along the nearest access road openly see a trashy, little trailer and/or smell his waste? Can people downstream (or on an opposite lake bank) smell or see fecal material in the water? I'm sure his animals deposit quite a bit of fecal waste. This sounds like a potential health issue. Now, if he were on the center of the property, nowhere near running (or lake) water, and not seen from any nearby roads... Well, he'd be "invisible," wouldn't he? His footprint would most likely go unnoticed.

City officials and sheriff's deputies are people too. They just don't get wild hairs (for the most part) and try to pick on a guy hoping he's going to go Waco/Branch-Davidian on them. Someone must have filed a complaint, and I'm guessing it was from the improper disposal of his (and his animals) waste. Farms have regulations governing every facet of manure disposal (or management). If this guy has NO MEANS (because he chose to have no means) to properly churn manure back into the ground OR dispose of it in another way (filtration, waste water management, etc.) then he does indeed pose a health risk to the surrounding community.

His animals may be "healthy" as many people have stated. Healthy animals still produce unhealthy waste. Now, if he were just some guy living in a cabin in the woods, out of site and all... Well, out of sight, out of mind. I'm sure there are thousands of people/families living in log cabins on private land (heck, some public land I bet) who go unnoticed because they are out of sight and out of mind. This guy is apparently within sight, within smell ----within NOTICE and perception of others. And he must be putting off an odor in the form of improperly disposed-of waste.

Should the Feds go in and burn everything down and shoot everyone in sight? Obviously not. But, there should be a happy medium, especially if his choices of a "simple life" have lead to the pollution (or possible pollution) of water and/or the spread of disease. You can't just keep animals. There are rules and regulations that all citizens must abide by. This is NOT the Third World. This is the United States. These laws are the SAME kind of laws that state you can't own a tiger in New York City. Every community has such laws.

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO ATTEND THEIR LOCAL CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. Your eyes will open at the INVISIBLE INFRASTRUCTURE that your City Council has in place. People do actively think about public laws and regulations governing things like where you can park your RV, trailered boat, etc. How many people can legally live in an apartment versus a house or how close a restaurant can be to a dog pound or funeral home. You name it, they've thought about it. And it's all geared to make life EASIER AND SAFER for us. Yes, safer. Would you really want fecal matter (raw sewage) creeping into your city's resevoir? Would you really want the dusty poop from this guy's animals aerialized and blown across a playground in a nearby community? And those are only two scenarios out of potentially many more.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Most people in the near future will be living without electric and water... because the economy is completely collapsing thanks to our esteemed president

Bad form. Cheap shot. Improper association. You do realize that he inherited about ten different fecal matter sandwiches? No one person could stop that avalanche. He was willing to take the lead in a fecal tsunami, knowing fully that people who have not thought things through fully would blame him for the woes that greedy bankers and corrupt politicians set forth. It would be appreciated if people would stay on the topic of this thread and not use it as a springboard into cheap shots at the President. OR, at the very least, state valid facts and specifics in place of vague, underdeveloped thoughts laced with sarcasm.
edit on 1-12-2010 by GhostLancer because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
SO they STEAL our social security money and if we try to face retirement on a dime we get kicked in the butt again! You would think you could be left alone on 32 acres of ground but i guess there is no where you can hid now days except behind some big $$. If you don't have that your their meat to do with what they want!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancerThe facts are that if this president had divided up the stimulus money equally to ever man ,woman and child in the united states,each person would have received about $27,000.This would have all but fixed this economy.It would have kept money circulating to every person and business in the united states.It would keep peoples electric and water flowing.It would keep people living in homes and apartments.Now what we will see are homeless,desperate,without utilitiies ,people.Where was the breakdown to the penny on the stimulus package?The upcoming tragic financial events about to plaque the country could have been avoided by not giving away the countries reserve money to a few companies,so most of it gets kickbacked to a few people.This was done by the current president and there is nobody else to point the finger at.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
What gives the city the right to tell people how to live on their own land ???

If the land is within city limits, that gives them the right.

Just because it's your land, doesn't mean you can do as you please. There are laws and ordanances that need to be followed in any society.

So the city decided just to all the sudden annex 30 some virtually vacant acres? why?

Sounds to be like that 30 some acres might be worth something and want to see him gone.

Wonder if they have tried to buy from him but he refused to sell.
edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

Probably going to be a Wal-Mart there.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Incredible story, if it's true and has been reported correctly. What has become of America, home of the brave and free? If he lives on his privately owned property, he should be allowed to live as he pleases. And I grew up, my first 8 years at least, without all that comfort that most of us take for granted today. We had no electricity, no running water (we had to haul water in from a spring far away), no central heating, no WC, etc. The nearest doctor was 40 km away in town, chances were till you arrived you did not need him anymore. We were very poor, but those were the happiest years of my life.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

frakkin government...so much for life, liberty, and the pursuit of property.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
May he shine his own badge as a/the Creator sees fit.
May the rest fall where they may.
May the Souls rest where they lay?
edit on 48pm40042812431201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it is a damn shame a man cannot do what he wants to do on his own property. What in the hell is this world turning into I ask? Who, and what is he hurting. His animals look healthy and so does he. He has the right to his land. I ask the question how did past generations make do on that property? Build and out-house for the waste and that should be pretty much it as far as codes go. They ought to leave him alone and go for the real one who are breaking the law. I wish him well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Truthfully I am surprised the local buttholes didnt just make up a story saying he had a meth lab in his trailer, and send a SWAT team in to execute him.

It wouldnt be the first time a government has done such a thing, and it certainly wouldnt be the last.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Really makes you wonder where all the people was when these laws was passed,oh yeah they was playing video games and trampling each other to grab some cheap crap from Walmart,thats the most important thing isn't it

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Cattle create a lot of waste that no one picks and nobody complains about it, same with a ranch with horses and there are people who still use horse/cow manure as fertilizer. Human excrement can also be used as fertilizer, NASA has been successful using it in a hydroponics lab.

The guy has 30+ acres, no one was complaining about his or his animals waste. An outhouse is not a bad option and unlike the green police want you to believe, it does not contaminate the aquifer. The chemicals used to 'treat' waste are far more dangerous than the waste itself.

This guy did nothing wrong and I envy the way he has been living.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My community is forced to maintain lawns or face a $100/day penalty.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog

where the hell was everyone when these laws were passed ??

Man oh man did you ask the 10 million dollar question! I've been asking that question a lot lately regarding everything!

This is a frightening reminder that through ordinances and taxes, no one in this country really owns ANYTHING! As of today, even growing a garden can be subject to governmental control. Motor Vehicle? Nope, gotta pay taxes and comply with rules in some form or fashion. Pets? Not really, have to pay licensing fees, maintain vaccinations by mandate. Now there are even rules about what light bulbs you can use!

USA, land of the free... pffft!

Frog took the words out of my mouth.
They sold the common man a load of bull with the luxuries bit a long time ago. Remember when it was the norm not to keep up w/the Jones'? Well everyone kept up with the Jones' so well that they didn't stop to realize the Jones' were the real distraction. Keeping up with the celebs, lifestyles and drooling over materialism made every American take their eye off their freedoms and rights just long enough for them to slip the crooked stuff into the bills they passed as law. Oh and don't even mention Executive Orders! If you read them you will see that this is how they covertly took everything and left us holding the bag.
They worked just like drug dealers, first they do give a ways and raffles for those fancy cars til people start buying them. Then after u can't do w/o it, they tax you to death on it.
Read the catalytic converter fights and you'll get the picture.... Kingdom for Sale - SOLD!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Every generation blames the one before it, however, in this case, I think the blame is justified. The #^$*@ baby boomers were and are in charge while this mess was passed and are seeing it through to the end.

Sorry if you are a baby boomer, but your generation screwed us.

Originally posted by Scalded Frog

where the hell was everyone when these laws were passed ??

Man oh man did you ask the 10 million dollar question! I've been asking that question a lot lately regarding everything!

This is a frightening reminder that through ordinances and taxes, no one in this country really owns ANYTHING! As of today, even growing a garden can be subject to governmental control. Motor Vehicle? Nope, gotta pay taxes and comply with rules in some form or fashion. Pets? Not really, have to pay licensing fees, maintain vaccinations by mandate. Now there are even rules about what light bulbs you can use!

USA, land of the free... pffft!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Your line of thinking scares the hell out of me, it is people like you that have and continue to screw up this country. Better toe the line and follow the rules, even if they are moronic and have absolutely no effect on anyone else.

Had you been one of our ancestors, I'm sure that we would have never found the new world, you would have railed against the "round world" theory and be worried that Columbus would sail off the edge of the world.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join