It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by thewholepicture
Originally posted by randomname
yet they allow homeless people to live in their sh-t and filth on the sidewalk.
Actually, they only temporarily allow them to live on the sidewalk (at least in most places) and just wait for them to break some minor ordinance so they can haul them off to jail or force them out of town.
Originally posted by jrod
Originally posted by Tulkor
reply to post by thewholepicture
My neighbor is a psychopath and has been since we moved in here. Over an 8 year period the following has occurred:
1. Grease fire nearly burns down his house while my family is away on vacation.
2. Bathroom toilet rotted through the floor into his crawl space, which had bags upon bags of trash and other hazardous materials stored. The Haz-mat people had to come and clear that stuff out. (The city assumes partial ownership of his property)
3. His small suburban backyard has a forest in it.
4. He torches his backyard and leaves the flame unattended, burning a section of our fence.
5. He hoarded trash in his garage to the ceiling, the city came and cleared most of it out.
6. He lost ownership of his dog for unsafe living conditions.
7. He left his torch on overnight surrounded by 3 propane tanks in his front lawn.
8. He has verbally harassed our family, especially my mother...entered our property without permission and nearly has a restraining order.
And this guy is still not evicted...yet the guy the OP is talking about is getting evicted? My city completely sucks!
I wouldn't be surprised if that person you described is collecting welfare and all the government aid he can get. For some reason that makes it so much tougher to get someone evicted.
Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by thewholepicture
I bet that is exactly what they did. I had a great uncle that owned some land here in ohio and the city was trying to get it for years. He converted it over to city water and electricity, Filled in the outhouse and even added a room. He was grandfathered in so they couldn't touch it even if he hadn't converted. As soon as he died last year, The city came in and took it. He couldn't will it to anyone. It's pretty sad to, My father was raised in that house and it was built by my great grandfather on my mothers side.
Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
I did find a single Richard L Thompson listing showing that his 2009 property taxes were $789.33.
Given that it is a fairly small amount, one could conclude that it is an unimproved lot, which would lean towards this being the right Dick Thompson in Madison County, Indiana.
Originally posted by antar
Signed up and left a message as donttakehisland... What a horrible piece that TV reporter did!! I really pray that a higher court can help this man, I hope there is some smart attorney out there with a heart full of compassion for this man and his obviously loved animals. Maybe if he sues for harrasment or whatever, he can afford to have a septic, well, electricity and a brandnew home and barn built.
Bless this situation.
Also for all of the people who think when it all goes down you can just head to your bug out locations, this is something I have thought many times, you just may get kicked off of it.