It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Let me guess, you've never lived outside a sardine can in a large city and your paranoid of dirt? He's not hurting anyone. Only a real control freak would want him evicted.

Millions live on the streets in the huge filthy cities, homeless, drug addicts and alcoholics living in boxes and never bathing and people are upset a Country Boy lives in a camp trailer? How sad is that.

I'll bet he does not even have manicured fingernails
Do you suppose he touches those filthy animals

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Alexandria (where the man live(s)(d)) is about 20 minutes from where I live. Too bad I don't have a place for him to stay. :\

What are they going to do with his animals?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Alexandria (where the man live(s)(d)) is about 20 minutes from where I live. Too bad I don't have a place for him to stay. :\

What are they going to do with his animals?

I hate to say it, but they will either be sold at auction (horse) or put down (dog possibly bird)

Unless arrangements have been made.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

My neighbor is a psychopath and has been since we moved in here. Over an 8 year period the following has occurred:
1. Grease fire nearly burns down his house while my family is away on vacation.
2. Bathroom toilet rotted through the floor into his crawl space, which had bags upon bags of trash and other hazardous materials stored. The Haz-mat people had to come and clear that stuff out. (The city assumes partial ownership of his property)
3. His small suburban backyard has a forest in it.
4. He torches his backyard and leaves the flame unattended, burning a section of our fence.
5. He hoarded trash in his garage to the ceiling, the city came and cleared most of it out.
6. He lost ownership of his dog for unsafe living conditions.
7. He left his torch on overnight surrounded by 3 propane tanks in his front lawn.
8. He has verbally harassed our family, especially my mother...entered our property without permission and nearly has a restraining order.

And this guy is still not evicted...yet the guy the OP is talking about is getting evicted? My city completely sucks!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree that that poor guy or girl has never experienced life outside the concrete jungle. Someone needs to take GhostLancer horseback riding through a cow pasture or at least take the poor soul camping.

When I read a post like that I am so thankful that I have been able to enjoy the woods, the river, and the ocean in my life. Forcing me to live in a big city would be a prison sentence to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancerHis animals may be "healthy" as many people have stated. Healthy animals still produce unhealthy waste.

Actualy horse manure does not carry pathogens and is very good for the soil. 30 acres is enough area to have his animals and not cause any problem in the environment. Dog poop on the other had does carry worms and parasites of many kinds and yet you will find dogs in nearly every yard, surely on 30 acres there is less problem! Do you have a pet?
edit on 1-12-2010 by Char-Lee because: tried to seperate quote

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkor

My neighbor is a psychopath and has been since we moved in here. Over an 8 year period the following has occurred:
1. Grease fire nearly burns down his house while my family is away on vacation.
2. Bathroom toilet rotted through the floor into his crawl space, which had bags upon bags of trash and other hazardous materials stored. The Haz-mat people had to come and clear that stuff out. (The city assumes partial ownership of his property)
3. His small suburban backyard has a forest in it.
4. He torches his backyard and leaves the flame unattended, burning a section of our fence.
5. He hoarded trash in his garage to the ceiling, the city came and cleared most of it out.
6. He lost ownership of his dog for unsafe living conditions.
7. He left his torch on overnight surrounded by 3 propane tanks in his front lawn.
8. He has verbally harassed our family, especially my mother...entered our property without permission and nearly has a restraining order.

And this guy is still not evicted...yet the guy the OP is talking about is getting evicted? My city completely sucks!

I wouldn't be surprised if that person you described is collecting welfare and all the government aid he can get. For some reason that makes it so much tougher to get someone evicted.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

This is why I declare that government is like termites. Who are the insects that wrote these laws?

FURIOUS! Throw them out!

There are no "laws", these are statutes, ordinances and codes. There are no "Common laws" to speak of. If you understand that the government is a corporation, which it is, the Constitution is a corporate document and we abide by the corporate policy because we believe it is law. It is not. I have filed my UCC-1 and took myself and my property OFF the grid. Sovereign and free. No taxation without representation. SHOW ME THE LAW. They can't as there aren't any. The CONgress can legislate FOR the people but NEVER TO the people. We created government and therefore they have little to NO jurisdiction. Demand they prove up their claim, show me the enforcement clause....there isn't one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Chances are that this guy is mentally ill. Every single person that I've known that has lived in those kind of conditions was off their rocker.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Chances are that this guy is mentally ill. Every single person that I've known that has lived in those kind of conditions was off their rocker.

Really?

I am sure TPTB are trying to make a mental illness classification for someone capable of living outside the safety net of the concrete jungle.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Really sad thing to see. It's obvious that what once would be considered "buying" a piece of land is merely "leasing" it from the govt (remember you do pay a yearly tax to have the permission to live on a piece of land) and the individual "sale" of the property is merely a piece of paper saying you have the right to dwell and do as you please on said piece of land. As long as it goes along with what the govt expects out of you. If not, regardless of what you paid to "own" the land, you're off of it.

Freedom in modern America is sadly, gone. I can't even say how much more/less freedoms we have than the rest of the developed world. (One because I can't say from personal experience as I've never lived there, and two because from what I've researched, I'm not sure they are so different) The Freedom most Americans try to cling onto was gone a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Welcome to the illusion of freedom and illusion of ownership.

Do you own your land? Not as long as you have to pay property tax... try not paying it and see if you really own it.
Do you own your house? Nope, that is taxed too. Also, most are forced to use of expensive utilities (most cities don't allow people to live within a house without utilities).

It makes me sick...People are encouraged to either live like out of control consumers paycheck to paycheck or the "smart ones" are taught to live debt free and well below their income. The sad truth? Both types are equally slaves to the system. Neither can really own anything.. only rent their life style from the government. Keeping a large savings account only delays how long they can maintain their life-style rented from the government.

People ask where were "we" when all the bogus laws were passed? Good question... go read ANY proposed legislation and you will see how crap like this happens. There isn't any legislation that isn't packed to the rim with extras... Vote yes on a 'lower my tax' bill and you also just said yes to 200 other things completely unrelated and mostly against your best interests.

Solution!? No idea...... nowhere on earth I know of is really that different. If anyone knows of a place you can buy land and live there off the grid, without ongoing taxes, without forced 'minimum standards' etc let me know.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That guy should contact his local militia.

Happens here all the time and the government usually backs off.

They don't want to be the reason the third American revolution starts.

Also somthing to think about. The Green Nazis want everyone to reduce their carbon foot print right? Looks like this guy has got the right idea.

So the Government says You can't use an outhouse. Well does a Bear *Snip* in the woods? Why can't I?

Why does anyone have to have electricity? Though Off Grid living was what they wanted to save the enviroment.

They Guy has to have water. He is still alive. Oh thats right he problaly has a berkey...

Save the Brass Haing their ass!

Live free or die trying!

Molon Labe'

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't even call it leasing or buying unless by leasing you mean putting a huge deposit (tens of thousands of dollars) then paying yearly rent on the land.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Our parents were in Vietnam and getting high and listening to Led Zeppelin and driving muscle cars that got 4 miles to the gallon. They were too busy to notice.

You can only speak for your own parents, not me or my husband who are around your parent's age.

I demonstrated against the war in Viet Nam and was on the front line facing a bunch of cops with shields and clubs.........pretty scary because a couple of them actually looked like they wanted to bash our heads in.

My husband demonstrated for desegregation and actually got to speak with Dr. Martin Luther King.

We both demonstrated multiple times. for peace, gender equality, free birth control clinics, ecology and animal rights all before you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes.

No I didn't smoke pot except a couple times (and yes I inhaled).

While I liked Led Z - I also learned to like Bach and Beethoven.

I now donate two days a month at a food distribution center for the homeless.

We both have contributed time and money to the ASPCA.

I write President Barack Obama and my Senator and Congressmen frequently and tell them my feelings on certain matters and instead of buying fancy dinners out, music and games, I buy politcal books.

Do you?

Sorry if your parents weren't politically active but my husband and I were and still are.

You can change that legacy by YOU being the change you want to see.

As far as cars, we drove what the general public was given a choice to drive...........free, clean and toxic free energy (I suspect) has been around for decades, but the big oil boys don't want to give up the throne and they're still trying to figure out a way to make us pay for rain and wind...........that's another conspiracy.

Again, please don't make generalizations about any one group.

I've been politically active since age 16.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes, you're more than likely right.

Welcome to our Brave New World Order.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Drive to him, and let him know you support him. Go to the sheriffs office and complain. The man should know he is not alone. If I were closer I would go to him and hug him.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tulkor

Wow, I feel for you.

All my neighbors are so nice, we basically live and let live.

We do have the grass, garbage and house painter police but all in all I have it good. My three neighbors (across the street is MSD vacant land) are very nice people.

I can't complain. I'm blessed to be surrounded by such nice people. And we all do keep a tidy, neat yard thanks to our grass/yard police (can't even hang clothes out to dry).

If TSHTF, we would watch each other's backs.

Bless my neighbors. Another reason I stay put right where I am, the people around me are good eggs.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's disgusting the way things are these days. We need to fight back against this sort of garbage. I don't mean legally, because the courts are all in the pocket of the villains. I mean with guns and explosives. Take no prisoners revolution. Burn down the system and destroy all forms of control. Slaughter the bankers and let the streets run red with the blood of wall street crooks. If we don't have freedom, who cares about living, so make yourself useful and die violently fighting the corrupt system.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join