Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Good question, I'll have to look into that.

The sad thing about this story is that it seems they have beaten and pestered this guy so much that he just wants to be left alone, even if it means losing his land.

Chances are he will either be living in some homeless shelter somewhere or be stuck in some raggedy nursing home for the rest of his life.

People are Cruel to non conformists and that was the whole plan to begin with wasn't it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
So the man was deprived of Property without Due Process nor compensated for the loss of said Property.

Only in America.

Land of the Free my rear.

Why people put on our military uniform and fight for this country is beyond me. We are NOT a land of the free.

We have lost everything. Our ability to babble on the internet is the last thing we have left and it's about to go bye-bye.

If you dont like it here, :EAVE, noone's stopping you noone's forcing to stay here
I'm tired of all the America bashers, esp those living IN AMERICA.
dont like it here, LEAVE!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
but was he entitled to the land? and if he is what dues did he pay to hold 33 acres for his meager pitiful existence? more people need to be evicted and land repossessed; in my town even, people try and rent off properties that are unfit for the standard of living of the tenants. the government should step it up and the people should also by suing the government for allowing the low income companies to engage in business that is illegal also.

he is just an example of the actions of many who are like himself who lost their ability to hide the acts they commit. and what if he was the opposite; a megalomaniac who thinks its ok to sell your child opiates legally with prescription.no matter how this issue is cut and dried he is proof that no matter where you go or hide your deeds eventually come to light and look just as pitiful: if that is what your deeds entitle; as this "mans" existence.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Apparently you haven't seen the atrocities done to fellow Americans else you'd not be saying that. That's all I have to say. Or you just have no heart toward your fellow Americans and how we all suffer. Either you're one of the rich elite, work for the government or are still blind and a follower who questions nothing.

Sorry but that's how your statement to that other person sounded. Shame.
A real shame.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

More like I am tired of people bashing my country, instead of crying and complaining, a person can do one of two things if they dont like it here:
1. LEAVE
2. MAKE A DIFFRENCE
All people want to do is moan, groan, whine and complain about everything. Get up off your rear and do something!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'll tell you what I'd do. At 72 years old I'd figure I had lived a good life and i would refuse to leave. I know then they would come and physically try to evict me but I would spend what time I knew I had left preparing for that day. And when they came to steal my property and liberty I WOULD DIE BEFORE THEY EVER EVICT ME AND TAKE EVERY ONE OF THE DIRTY BASTAGES WITH ME!!!

I might even take it to them so I could get the damn lawyers and bureaucrats that pulled the strings and send them to meet thier maker first. Then high tail it back to my property and wait for the rest of the thieving thugs to show up.
edit on 1-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I knew one guy that lived in a motor-home. During the winter he lived in Calif on a piece of property that had a small brick building with a concrete pad with water and septic tank for his motor-home to park on.
In Montana he had the same setup for the summer.

One winter he came down to his winter place and found the county had bulldozed it without warning because they had changed the zoning for the county and no longer allowed his type setup. (the new rules allow only motor homes in RV parks.ETC)

If he had lived on the Calif property year around he would have been grandfathered and could have lived there, But since he only lived there part of the year the county decided to bulldoze it.

And it was not like the guy was poor he was worth over $20 million from a company he owned and sold and his Class A motor home was over $100.000 This was his retirement life style.
After his property was destroyed in calif he had a lawyer go after the county and built a new parking place in Arizona identical to the one he had in Calif.
www.rvnetwork.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yeah and now the lawyer has part of the 20 million and it probably did no good in the first place.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

he's on something like 38 acres of his own land....
his trailer just might sit in the middle of that 38 acres!!

he may very well have been trying to separate himself from that society!!

and well...got to tell ya something...
society has an obligation to all of it's members, not just certain groups of society!! if society fails certain members as badly as this society does, then well, those members should have a way to opt out of it!!
so you tell me, how does one opt out??

by the way, seems to me, that people were overall healthier when there was outhouses, well water, and no electricity!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Could you enlighten me as to who is being harmed by this guy simply wanting to be left alone?

If someone wants to live without modern luxuries, that doesnt mean a crime has occurred.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

If you dont like it here, :EAVE, noone's stopping you noone's forcing to stay here
I'm tired of all the America bashers, esp those living IN AMERICA.
dont like it here, LEAVE!!!

Actually the federal government makes it almost impossible to sever all ties with this piece of crap country.

So much for being the land of the free eh?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I think your right they also do not want people to see that people can make it on there own.

But being in west you have to be an active consumer, or they call you anti social, or something. Does not surprise me one bit such a thing is being done. Like i wrote before people are forced to live a life whether they want to or not, in a way the ptb want them to live.

edit on 12/1/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

They call it anti social, and the ptb want you to live like all others.

They probably think of this man as an animal or omething as he did not want modern life, and or maybe what he could of done with his life.

Amazing how one cannot just live a life without being dictated too.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Situations like this are a good measure of where people stand. Those who see no problems with this guy just living his life cannot ever get along with those who see the state as performing a noble duty by imposing its will on the guy.

These two people can never get along. One will always want to be left alone and the other will always want to rule.

We need to accept this, set a division and move on. Otherwise the inevitable conclusion is violent conflict. The state will use force to impose its will and the others will use force to defend themselves from the state. In this we'll see people who support the state for what it is doing (much like the Crusades bringing god to the godless) and those who support the others (maintaining their liberty).

They dont get along now. They never have gotten along. And it's only going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well I did a little hunting, and think I came up with Mr. Thompson's property tax records.

There was no listing for a Dick Thompson, but I did find a single Richard L Thompson listing showing that his 2009 property taxes were $789.33.

Given that it is a fairly small amount, one could conclude that it is an unimproved lot, which would lean towards this being the right Dick Thompson in Madison County, Indiana.

I'd be willing to bet that the buttholes in the local government there feel he "isn't paying his fair share" and feel they could get more revenue by forcing him to vacate the land and sell it to someone who will build a house there and be stuck with an even higher property tax bill.

Link to property tax records

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.wate.com...

This is the real reason people are forced into participating in the utility game.

This is probably the norm everywhere.

As far as I know, absolutely nothing ever happened to this man. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
When are his neighbors going to step in and back this guy up? This is what is needed to protect each other. When they come to serve the evection notice there should be a hundred people there armed to the teeth telling them the next time they try to try crap like this it is going to get bloody. People need to start to set their own example of what is right and what we the people will not stand for.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
You folks are saying that "man lived this way for thousands of years" but he is living in a recreational trailer, which if it's become a fixture on this property, would need basic requirements as noted by local law in order to be called a home.

They have likely made many offers to run water lines etc to this home to ensure that he has proper sanitation etc, and if he won't accept what has become the basic norms of modern society then it is time for him to move on or be moved.

There are basic legal requirements of being part of any society, and if he doesn't meet these, then he needs to face the consequences, whether or not it is his land.

If he owns the land then he likely also owes property taxes on it, which would give them every right to evict him if these haven't been paid.

Sorry folks, this is normal procedure, nothing nefarious here.

you obviously arent from around here, are you?

i dont accept the modern norms of society, is it time for me to move too?

where exactly are all of us non society types supposed to move to?

your post is a joke. your essentially tossing aside the biggest freedom anybody in this nation has ever had, and acting like that is just the way it is.

if that were even slightly true, this thread wouldnt be filled with furious posters.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"The Ultimate in Vanity - Exploiting Their Supremacy
I Can't Believe the Things You Say
I Can't Believe... I Can't Believe the Price We Pay
Nothing Can Save Us
Justice Is Lost, Justice Is Raped, Justice Is Gone
Pulling Your Strings Justice Is Done
Seeking No Truth; Winning Is All
Find it So Grim, So True, So Real"

"Freedom of choice is made for you, my friend.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.
......Freedom no longer frees you"

These words, from two different songs, were written almost thirty years ago. As each new day passes the depressing irony that they still ring true brings ever more anger into my heart. In my particular line of work, I am legally limited as to what actions of protest I may take and in what manner I do so. The rest of you are not, so long as those actions are peaceful.

Too many people today have become accustomed to the idea of "someone else will surely take care of this travesty". The truth is, there are no more heroes. They have gone because we refused to help them. A hero is just an ideal, and truly one person can only do so much. The heroes have gone, because no longer do men rally behind them. We expected them to do everything for us....I know I am ranting, and most likely to a crowd who are content to grumble online and not take action; but anger, frustration, and despair sit sour in the stomach.

It would seem that our fellow man will only be ready to take action, once the knife is at his own throat. When every single thing that was his, is lost. I fear that only when our country has hit absolute rock bottom will the people be ready to rise en mass....

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join