It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Getting Evicted from Land for living "to simply"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I live that kind of life very basic and simple here in Russia We have some luxuries but do not depend on them and don't really need them either...I also have no bills or taxes and I am free to do as I please raising my kids without intrusion and animals and farm and keep or sell as much food as I deem necessary...This is a true paradise I love my little Russian Village free from the cities and all their problems enjoying life like my Lakota ancestors once did but in Russia...I hear they passed that food safety bill hmmm not looking so hot there America...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Well I did a little hunting, and think I came up with Mr. Thompson's property tax records.

There was no listing for a Dick Thompson, but I did find a single Richard L Thompson listing showing that his 2009 property taxes were $789.33.

Given that it is a fairly small amount, one could conclude that it is an unimproved lot, which would lean towards this being the right Dick Thompson in Madison County, Indiana.

I'd be willing to bet that the buttholes in the local government there feel he "isn't paying his fair share" and feel they could get more revenue by forcing him to vacate the land and sell it to someone who will build a house there and be stuck with an even higher property tax bill.

Link to property tax records

If you look at the rest of the record, you can see it definetly is an unimproved lot, and that the 'eviction' is not due to unpaid taxes and the amount paid is listed every year as well. I wonder what surrounding properties are paying for prop taxes

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Your right Dick Thompson doesn't own the Land, "THE PEOPLE" own that land.
Yes and NO
If you live in a Republic yes the people own the land.
If you live in a State the corporation owns the land "not the people".
Now you see why the states are worried about all the home foreclosures.
The corporations are worried about loosing money "Oh heavens forbid"
Their are so many Laws, and just as many avenue's to out smart them.
To be really free from all laws, is a big task. May as well stay a sheepie.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ugh...how sickening...and more so that the people in that county are just letting it happen. That man is 72 for goodness sakes, why bother him now? It's not justified in anyway I look at this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by sarra1833

More like I am tired of people bashing my country, instead of crying and complaining, a person can do one of two things if they dont like it here:
1. LEAVE
2. MAKE A DIFFRENCE
All people want to do is moan, groan, whine and complain about everything. Get up off your rear and do something!

So, are you acknowledging that there is a problem then? Do similar things as this one happen in your neck of the "good old USA"? Most people don't have the means to "get up off their rear and do something". We just get by, day by day. Have YOU done anything today to make a difference? Or, do you just vulture here and pick at the scraps of people who would do something given the opportunity? One individual can do nothing to stop such things from happening. Maybe if you were on board with the rest of us here instead of giving us ultimatums like this government we live under does we could truly be free. Until we all unite, nothing will change for the better for everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by donkeyCIA

Star for your post! Couldn't resist to include the opening when "Weeds" began.

Cookie cutter homes.

Now, I love my little raised level home, it's all we could afford, but it's a ticky tack cookie cutter 1960's house, just like my neighbors. To get a home in America with "charactor" or "unique" you need some serious cash.

Here for your enjoyment is the opening song to Weeds, and Donkey, it fits so appropriately to your post!

As a side note: This is a major conspiracy of sorts, our loss of freedom to buy a piece of property and years down the road, when you are old, having your home declared "not fit anymore".

Many people will say, "so what", "I don't care", "he's in a trailer for god's sake"...........but for one minute, just one minute - try to imagine yourself or a member of your family that bought a piece of land far out of any city or suburb and like a cancer that suburb or city expands and engulfs (like an amoeba) your land with a trailer already on it.

WTF - This guy was there first, let him be. There should be a law or the subdivision (developers which are often banksters) should buy the guy out handsomely enough that he can purchase a house within said new suburb or move on out further.

It's all about control - control and more control.
edit on 1-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Click on UTube Link because like everything else this video is controlled
Cute song and video very true.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Am I missing the point here?

This person is living the simple life which the Cancun scientists we must all do with rationing of electricity etc etc and yet here we have someone being penalised for doing just that.

Does that make sense?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.madisoncountyindiana.us...

Here is the contact information for the Madison County Sheriffs office.
Call, complain, and stand up for this man. Let them put that on the news.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The government wasnt profiting from his "simple living."

Doing good by the environment is only good if it's making money for the state as in taxes, fees, lack of infrastructure etc... Gaining power and control through restrictions is a plus. But being essentially invisible with no real footprint to speak of? That's just wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The US is not a country anymore but literally a corporation and it's people are the capital. If they can't make money from you then they see you as a problem that needs to be dealt with.

A corporations prime motive is profit. So it's no wonder this is happening. Take your country back America before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
The US is not a country anymore but literally a corporation and it's people are the capital. If they can't make money from you then they see you as a problem that needs to be dealt with.

A corporations prime motive is profit. So it's no wonder this is happening. Take your country back America before it's too late.

UCA

UNITED CORPORATIONS OF AMERICA

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
if you speak with people like this, the revolution has already begun and they are winning

....while we have been sleeping

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
You folks are saying that "man lived this way for thousands of years" but he is living in a recreational trailer, which if it's become a fixture on this property, would need basic requirements as noted by local law in order to be called a home.

They have likely made many offers to run water lines etc to this home to ensure that he has proper sanitation etc, and if he won't accept what has become the basic norms of modern society then it is time for him to move on or be moved.

There are basic legal requirements of being part of any society, and if he doesn't meet these, then he needs to face the consequences, whether or not it is his land.

If he owns the land then he likely also owes property taxes on it, which would give them every right to evict him if these haven't been paid.

Sorry folks, this is normal procedure, nothing nefarious here.

Dead right, if he wont accept being forced to pay for things he doesn't need or want, then take away everything else he has and send him on his way.

I see.

"You don't have water, electricity or sanitation. Buy it from us or become homeless, where you will have no water, electricity or sanitation."

Got it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I emailed and called the sheriff's office for what it is worth, urging them to support this fellow and not evict him. They promised to look into it. I hope his neighbors will be boots on the ground for him.

I moved out to the country 8 years ago to get away from city ordinances. I cannot live anyplace that has lawn police!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Babybunnies you are in need of some help.You obviously have succombed to the brainwashing techniques of the Corporatist state.
Green living is verbotten.One must partake of the various costly services which the society provides at our expense.
It is high time the people took their countries back from these corporatist swine and conformist lockstep robots that they have created.
This is a product of the inhumanity that pervades the system,which recognises only money,and power.
I hope they come for you someday baby b....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

More people should call and voice their concerns. Hell contact the news channel on his behalf. Make a stink. Here is a chance for us all to put our action where our concerns are. Call it practice, whatever you need to call it. Stand up!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
I emailed and called the sheriff's office for what it is worth, urging them to support this fellow and not evict him. They promised to look into it. I hope his neighbors will be boots on the ground for him.

I moved out to the country 8 years ago to get away from city ordinances. I cannot live anyplace that has lawn police!

Hear Hear!!!

I URGE EVERYONE TO DO THIS!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Exactly. His current tax bill is also available on that site, and his tax owed is in the neighborhood of $730 for that unimproved lot.

I tried finding the neighboring addresses to see what they were paying, but without a name to go by, it was a little difficult for my early morning brain.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I called the prosecuting attorneys office this morning and the woman who answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about. I gave her the url of the story, she said she was going to look into it.

At least she was smart enough to say the following " Well if he wants to be left alone, no one should bother him and let him live how he wants".

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
If TSHTF it's going to be the people who have learned to live simply - off the grid - that will be able to survive and get this, TPTB don't like that.

You hit the bulls eye.

They don't want people who don't need government.

This man has no need for government (except to get back some of that "social security" he paid into all those years), therefore, the government is now FORCING him off his land.*

*(Side note - this just goes to prove, even though you pay for it, it's not "your" land. You are leasing it from the government.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join