It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK this could be snow joke!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Hey there,

he's a few images from our media over here:

BBC Scottish pics

Includes a video

More pics

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Double post, demmit.
edit on 28/11/10 by XHellcatX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Ask and you will receive

Tayside Police

Wee Mad
edit on 28/11/2010 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/11/2010 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckistanian
reply to post by jazz10

-10C isn't enough to bring everything to a stop. It is that cold here (southern Ontario) during the winter and we still get things done.

Check to see if Alberta and Saskatchewan shut down this past week, they had a cold snap and were waking up to -34C temps. I'm pretty sure everything kept running, just dress in layers and keep your pantry stocked.

To be fair, the temperatures are relative when held against normal temps. Here in Alberta, Canada, -35 is frigid but won't stop anything but the odd car from running. Hell, I walk the dog with a spring jacket until it hits -15C (or -20 with wind-chill) and continue walking her (with winter wear!) despite -45C weather. Having said that, I am originally from Southern Ontario as well and while the first winter here was a bit of a shock to the system, what with -35C in early November after being used to +10C at that time of year, it does become normal very very quickly.

If Britain got the weather they have now for a few consecutive years, no one would think twice of it.

Infrastructure-wise... if they are not prepared or designed for it then the disruption could be quite bad temporarily... look at Victoria and Vancouver every time they get a few inches of snow.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What? Nine pages just because it's snowing?
Are you all bored or something, or paranoid?

One little fellow voices an opinion about a bit of snow and here we are 9 pages later.

Not one sight of an orb, a reptilian shape-shifter or a UFO.

OMG! It's snowing.

Sheesh....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

Its not just the fact that it is snow, it is THUNDERSNOW - which is a little more exciting, did you not read the posts

Wee Mad

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

Its not just the fact that it is snow, it is THUNDERSNOW - which is a little more exciting, did you not read the posts

Wee Mad

Did I read all 9 pages of stuff about snow started by a naughty little troll?
Hands-up - no.

Do please explain the Thundersnow and save me from the 9 pages.
And everyone else.

In particular, any reports of Thundersnow in the UK.
If not, then what are you all gabbling on about?

Again, save me the 9 pages. Executive summary please.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There has been quite abit of "Thunder Snow" over the UK this week/weekend

Check out all the strikes

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

Originally posted by weemadmental

Wee Mad

Did I read all 9 pages of stuff about snow started by a naughty little troll?
Hands-up - no.

Do please explain the Thundersnow and save me from the 9 pages.
And everyone else.

In particular, any reports of Thundersnow in the UK.
If not, then what are you all gabbling on about?

Again, save me the 9 pages. Executive summary please.

Oh stop trolling & leave the thread please

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XHellcatX

Thankyou for the very informative links.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Thankyou for the video post's, I did find the first posted video very interesting with the big flashes of lightening and the thunder that follow's afterward's in a snow fall. I love storm chasing, have been hunger mad for chasing storm's since I was 2 year's old. And been an Iron Maiden fan since I was able to take my first few step's. Iron Maiden are the BEST!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Okay this is weird it's "Time" (23:43) on a Sunday 28th November, 2010. It appear's to be fog but it is not! It's coming down very heavy and windy however it is not snowing! What is it, and I have got a very strong electrical charge and very static all over me, lol!
Could it be lot's of low pressure/cold air that's visible to the naked-eye? I'l try and get a recording of it, rather bizarre!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My biggest concern over the weather now is that school gets cancelled tomorrow and I'm stuck with the little dears all day long! No doubt the teachers will all be ringing in that they are snowed in, wish I had a 4x4 I'd volunteer to go and get them if it got the kids off to school for the day.

Much as I love them, two teenage daughters at each others throats all day long is not my idea of fun! Oh god I wish I had a job, no wonder I don't sleep much!

The Beeb helpfully predicted strong winds off the North Sea for the next week as well, where we live it will be like Siberia with the wind chill. Even the cat refused to go out today, she took one look, shook her paw and went back upstairs to sleep on our bed!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

hahahahahaha !!

What in earth are you panicking about?

Seriously now. Many people in the UK see a little bit of snow and start panicking, running around like headless chickens saying ''SAVE US, GOD, SAVE US NOW'' over an inch of snow!

Seriously, it's terrible. Makes me ashamed to be a UK citizen sometimes, seeing grown men cry over this.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just got up and there's loads of snow, flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. Snowing heavy and none of major routes ploughed at all!
There has been about a foot fallen. At least.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow, so many in NE Scotland! Im just slightly north of Dundee, on the coastline. Temperatures are still dropping.

Hoping to see some more thundersnow! Its very beautiful to watch & spooky to experience.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Aberdeen City Webcams

This is a link to the three webcams situated about my city. Snow snow snow.

What made me laugh was the harbour cam - it's snowed under!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Lol, just like every kid and teenager, i really want it to snow :p i havnt seen any yet so havnt missed any college
haha

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stimmy

Meh.

No snow for me either in London.
I want to see some of this Snow Lightening that everyone is talking about, My girlfriend keeps phoning me from Edinburgh and telling me how pretty it is.. Grumble grumble grumble

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tonight should be interesting apparently 10 inches have been predicted by who I don't know but there was more than a foot fell last night.
Community spirit in my area has lifted. All because we all mucked in.

Its all it takes people.

Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
Good luck and be prepared.
Power cuts
Public transport
No gritters
No deliveries to banks and shops. Local shops running out of bread.

Get your neccesities.
Help those that need help. I'm not bothered if you don't know them or not, just ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join