It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Jesus was God the son. The second person of the blessed Trinity. God incarnate. Jesus did pray to God the father, The first person of the blessed Trinity.This is true.
Their are many different forms of prayer.This particular form is what we would refer to as meditation, Which doesn't seem that odd for him to do now does it? Learn the difference between person and nature, and the many types of prayer.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You're wrong on that! That is consider paganism then Jewish. Did it ever occur to you that sounds like other demigod myths? "http://www.youtube.com/v/opsex2o6nxM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">[1]
As well Jesus is not apart of a Trinity; as well Jesus is not literally a child of God.
Source

At the Council of Nicea (325 CE), the doctrine of the Bianity became canonized, equating Jesus to the substance of G-d in Christian theology. The Council of Constantinople in 381 CE added the Holy Spirit to the Bianity and the Trinity was canonized. These councils contradicted the Torah of Moses. See Deuteronomy 4:2 and 12:32 (13:1) for instructions regarding changes to the Torah. Who are we to believe? Moses, or these councils?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Romantic_Rebel,

Yahshua came to overcome the devil with no more than the same power that Adam had and failed. He had two natures, because He was the son of God He had an unfallen nature and because He was the son of Mary He had our fallen sinning inclinations. Adam really had an advantage as he wasn't fallen yet. He was to overcome and take no power but each of us can have to overcome the devil. He lived on this earth as one of us and His prayers to the Father was the same as we must do for of ourselves unless we stay connected we are no match to overcome the devil. It is the Truth He was God with us and that can not be refuted. Satan would have shouted foul play to high heaven if He would have taken the power of God that was in Him. Here it is -

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The kingdom of this world Satan took from Adam because he overcame Adam and so Satan ever since has become the god of this world.

God is present in the Redeemer, He is present by His Spirit, Jn. 4;24 and now by the Spirit of Comforter. He reveals Himself as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The Divinity in Him, Yahshua flashed forth at times and Satan tempted Him sorely to use it but He took no power but we can have and so made Himself subject to recieve strength as we must. That's why He prayed to the Father. The plan of redeeption is a deep and spiritual study and very uplifting and rewarding.

I suggest look into that plan.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying i DO believe in god. I also believe in jesus, but I do not go to church or read the bible. The bible is actually man created, edited, and interpreted. Some of the books in the satanic bible were originally in the holy bible at one time, crazy huh. And if you read carefully in the bible god turned his back on a church because it was too man made, who's to say all church's aren't like that now. Most of your posts are hilarious, you're a jew debating with christians, of course you don't understand our beliefs. The fact that mary was impregnated by god (not physically) with jesus without having sex with anyone is a concept that most can't accept, that's where faith comes into play. And jesus was the son of god and never claimed to be god, he was sent to earth to lead man, and to teach them of his presence.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

You do know Satan is an Angel right? Satan's job is to tempt people! There was a snake in a garden that tempted Mary. Adam ate the fruit after he saw Mary freely eating the fruit. Jesus to me is implausible. Because he goes against the Torah and God.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maxhile

What are you referring to the Satanic Bible? Are you talking about Anton Levay? That man came way after the Christian Church was established.
You can't come up with better material then that.
Judaism is a bit complicated then that. Which I will lead for you to find that out on your own.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

These are great stories, but yet can be torn apart as making no sense at all.

I dare say, that even the Jesus you believe in , will not be happy at all when returned, since he will find a whole whack of people worshipping him.

Interesting how in Revelation it speaks of him returning as a destroyer, a sword of rage and punishment.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Kind of ironic isn't it? He told one of his followers in the garden before he was crucified to drop the sword. Looks like Jesus is a hypercritical person.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey. . .that's enough of trying to destroy the foundation of religious belief! Obviously Jesus was trying be dramatic. . .you know, for show. He knew somebody would write about it, and just walking around talking to himself would make him look crazy.

No wait! He did that because, duh, he was speaking to himself in the future!

Well, I was always wondering about being on the cross, asking why he was forsaken. Seems like he just kind of lost faith, you know? Jesus was just awesome. . .willing to die for his beliefs. What a guy!
People don't ever do that today. . .well, when they do, they're called Terrorists.

Oh noes! Did I just say that!?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Romantic_Rebel,

The Torah is the first 5 books of the old testament and Jesus, Yahshua is the God of the old testament and those words are His. He was in Heaven known as Yahwah of Hosts Isa. 44:6 one with Yahwah King of Israel and Yahweh King of Israel put the visible creation in Yahweh of Hosts hands that's why he is named such because the hosts are His creation. Father the King brought the Redeemer out of Himself before all things and the Redeemer and the Father are of one substance. Both do rightly declare "I am the first and I am the last and beside me there is no God". There comes a time when the Redeemer is no longer needed and Yahshua, Yahweh of Hosts has completed all the Father has sent Him to do and Yahshua returns back to the Father the Deity vested in Him to do this great task. Read 1 Cor. 15: verses 24 through 28 and you will see what I'm telling you is true. Do read Isa. 44:6,8 also, substantiates the oneness of the two.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

wait so your not a jew anymore? what happened?
edit on 7-11-2010 by skischoow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

HE created Jesus (and everything/everyone else) Which makes God, our FATHER. We dont have to physically come out of HIM for HIM to be our FATHER. Children who have been adopted still see the adoptive parents as their real parents. lol sorry I guess im not understanding your question. I personally believe in God is everything (our creator) I DONT THINK OF GOD AS HUMAN AT ALL

What you sayin here? You clearly see god as a man!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That goes against traditional Jewish belief. You're mentioning Jesus are as Trinity. Jesus couldn't be an Angel since Angels have no free will.
God in Judaism

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skischoow

Well I'm so what a believe in Judaism. I'm wearing the Atheist label till the time is right.
Which is a privet matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

you seem confused my friend, lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by skischoow

Not confused at all. I know what my beliefs are in life. I just enjoy to keep them personal till the time comes to shine.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

GrinchNoMore,

Satan has led them to be His enemies is why they are brought down at His coming, they too have been waging war aginst Him. The world hates Him and there comes a time He closes off His mercy and love for them. That mercy and love has been over when He comes again.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Satan? Satan is an Angel? Why would they have a war with an Angel who has no free will?
That doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Romantic_Rebel,

I too know that there is but one God but the Jews, non Messianic, didn't go on and follow and got lost. There is no Trinity. He just represents Himself to us in three ways. I think you refuse the path you should walk in so I leave you free to do so as He does.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
IF I were God and I didn't believe in myself because of my low self esteem, would that be blasphemy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join