It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Then you bring up the idea of the website I posted earlier. The Pagan origins of the Christ myth. Look at the similar stories of Jesus and other Gods there. Still Jews in the past and today would not recognize the teachings of God having children.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Jesus never existed, so he couldn't pray to anyone

Defenders of the Historical Jesus quote 3 Famous Historians having to of mentioned Jesus Christ in scripture, these scriptures are very vague, and do not mention Jesus, but only " Christus, Christ, " Which isn't name, but a title, meaning " The Anointed. "

The 4th source cited, is from Josephus, which has been proved to be a forgery for 100's of years..

I'm gonna bow out of this thread now, before the bibles start getting thrown at me.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Hey I don't believe in Jesus and O doubt he existed. Yet who can't pass up to debate with the variety of users on this site. They're fun to debate with.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by innervision0730

I have to ask you. Do you take the Bible as history and Literally? Maybe you see some parts as true? As an Atheist I don't believe in God and I know people have different views on God and interpret the Bible differently. I'm trying to make you and others see where I'm coming from on how God can't literally have a child. I can at times be disrespectful. Still I do feel what you saying on different stories in the Bible as biased. Which I wouldn't mind getting into.

I dont know if I believe everything in the Bible. In fact I don't think anyone has proof everything is real. They are stories told by man. How do we know about Adam and Eve? I don't think people who wrote the stories in the bible really KNEW either but it was faith.. But it could be real. No, God can't physically have a child. He created adam and eve so to speak who in then had children of their own. I carried my daughter inside me and brought her into the world but it is still God's creation becuase he created me who created my mother and so forth leading to Adam and Eve. There are hundreds if not thousands of different interpretations on the bible. All written differently. Its about faith and what you want to believe. Anything is possible. I mean, look at spirits, a complete mystery.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Jesus prayed to God because Jesus was a human being created by God.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730

I have to ask you. Do you take the Bible as history and Literally? Maybe you see some parts as true? As an Atheist I don't believe in God and I know people have different views on God and interpret the Bible differently. I'm trying to make you and others see where I'm coming from on how God can't literally have a child. I can at times be disrespectful. Still I do feel what you saying on different stories in the Bible as biased. Which I wouldn't mind getting into.

I dont know if I believe everything in the Bible. In fact I don't think anyone has proof everything is real. They are stories told by man. How do we know about Adam and Eve? I don't think people who wrote the stories in the bible really KNEW either but it was faith.. But it could be real. No, God can't physically have a child. He created adam and eve so to speak who in then had children of their own. I carried my daughter inside me and brought her into the world but it is still God's creation becuase he created me who created my mother and so forth leading to Adam and Eve. There are hundreds if not thousands of different interpretations on the bible. All written differently. Its about faith and what you want to believe. Anything is possible. I mean, look at spirits, a complete mystery.

And it wasnt "poof there is a man and a woman" I think it was more biological than that. Everything is made up of energy, bacteria ect. But it is amazing how every detail and the way we are made up...is perfect..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Jesus said he was a son of god and he said to that we are son's of god and he said that god was acting through him. I'm not a christian too but few have found god in themselves thus it is so well hidden that a very few can find him.

This is a long road to find god within each one of us.

Good luck to all!

Namasté

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
heres psalm 22 from the ot a psalm of david no less

pay attention to verse 16 but read the whole thing

i wonder who there talking about?

To the Chief Musician. Set to “The Deer of the Dawn.”[a] A Psalm of David.

1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 “He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced[c] My hands and My feet;
17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.

19 But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My precious life from the power of the dog.
21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!

You have answered Me.

22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
23 You who fear the LORD, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.

25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the LORD.
Let your heart live forever!

27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the LORD,
And all the families of the nations
Shall worship before You.[d]
28 For the kingdom is the LORD’s,
And He rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.

30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So are you saying that verse represented the crucifixion on Jesus?
You're misinterpreting that verse.
Source

At first glance, we couldn't possibly find a verse that more loudly screamed of Christianity. It speaks of someone having his hands and feet pierced. Obviously, only one person in the history of the world has had their hands and feet pierced. (This is a prime example of how you need to first believe in Jesus before even the mistranslated representation of what King David wrote can be used as a "proof.") Secondly, what really went on during a crucifixion is that the wrists and ankles were pierced, not the hands and feet. This might seem like nitpicking to one who is not prepared to take this seriously, but it is a valid point nonetheless. Thirdly, we are dealing with a mistranslation. What you see for the word "pierced" is translated from the Hebrew "ka'ari," which means "like a lion." This word is used again in that very same Psalm:

Continue to read from the source link.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

what abot the first line the same words that jesus uttered

the 8th verse also uttered by the passers by

verse 18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots
didnt the romans do that to jesus stuff

but this is just one of many bits in the old testement
that talk of jesus

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Then if there are verses in the OT that talks about Jesus then post them in order and we'll go over them. You do know the verses don't really talk about Jesus. If they did; which they don't then we would have Jesus still on Earth.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

what would be the point you have closed your mind

and only god can open them when you are willing

but wat about genesis why did god say us instead of me in this verse

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Closed mind? You're the one who is sounding more closed minded here. You interpret the Bible differently then Jews and that is where I'm changeling you out. I asked you for the verses that prophesied Jesus. Where are they?
Source

Trinitarian Christians maintain that Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 11:7 are prooftexts of an alleged tri-unity god, but this claim is erroneous. The inference that "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26) refers to the plurality of God is refuted by the subsequent verse, which relates the creation of man to a singular God, "And God created man in His image" (Genesis 1:27). In this verse the Hebrew verb "created" appears in the singular form. If "let us make man" indicates a numerical plurality, it would be followed in the NEXT verse by, "And they created man in their image." Obviously, the plural form is used in the same way as in the divine appellation 'Elohim, to indicate the all-inclusiveness of God's attributes of authority and power, the plurality of majesty. It is customary for one in authority to speak of himself as if he were a plurality. Hence, Absalom said to Ahithophel, "Give your counsel what we shall do" (2 Samuel 16:20). The context shows that he was seeking advice for himself' yet he refers to himself as "we" (see also Ezra 4:16-19).

Continue to read at the source link.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, we can all forgive a little disrespect that comes from ignorance. You ask alot of questions that are meant to be challenging and offensive, yet if anyone points out the dichotomy of your claim to be an atheist and then the spiritually inclined material you proffer as your "proofs" you get touchy and ask if we can respect the privacy of your personal beliefs?!

Having said that, I still have hope for you RR, because you do seem to be still fighting for something to believe in. BTW--many, many Jews have decided that Jesus was the Messiah, Some of your people missed it because they were so caught up in the idea of a political leader that the spiritual Messiah slipped from their hands. Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well The Messiah concept has to be straight forward. If you look at it from a Jewish perspective then you'll understand.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
how long have you been jewish now

was it only last week you were an athiest

i think you should read tyhe bible your self

and make up your own mind insted of trolling thu

the net for some experts answer you will never

find the truth that way

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I was considering Judaism. Yet I gave it up! Since I have to believe in the Torah in order to become a Jew. I had to follow more then 600 laws of Judaism.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
but god only gave ten the others were made by man

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You're not understanding the Torah fully.
You need to see where I'm coming from.
Click the 613.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
58 To lend to an alien at interest (Deut. 23:21) According to tradition, this is mandatory (affirmative)

do you realy think god would of said this

when it goes agianst of what he says

Deuteronomy 23:21 (New King James Version)

21 “When you make a vow to the LORD your God, you shall not delay to pay it; for the LORD your God will surely require it of you, and it would be sin to you

how the heck do they get that law out of this

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join