It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now as a person who is not a Christian. I know what I'm talking about here. "laughs to myself gently." I came across this blog and was curious as to what Christians have to say to this article.
Source Click the source.
Now I know Christians have different views on Jesus and the concept of God. The concept of God in Judaism and Islam is similar. God in Judaism God in Islam It would be a sin in Judaism and Islam to claim God as a human. Which is idolatry. I know Some of you would post the comment Jesus was at the time of Abraham. Then why didn't he appear in human forum and build God as an idol? The same with destroying the idols his brother created? I would imagine he would create a little Jesus statue figure if he spoke to Jesus.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Jesus never claimed to be god. This was introduced around 400AC by caesar Constantine at the council of Geneve... In fact there is lots of biblical evidence denouncing Jesus to be God. He even said so himself... he mentions that his father is greater then himself...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Still that is against the idea of Jewish belief that predated Jesus. No Jew before Jesus time would believe God would have children with some random woman. Come on now. Yes you're correct on that subject. Yet to see Jesus as the son of God? If you do then you're a believe of Pagan thought which goes against Judaism.
Pagan orgins of the Christ myth
Why do Jews reject incarnation?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We are also the spawn of god. Jesus is god's firsborn/made son and together with Jesus he initiated all other creations. For god to send his most trusted son to earth b means of having a woman carry Jesus to terms is kinda weird but then again... isn't everything wich is not understood "kinda weird"? Just because Jews dont like the idea doesn't say that they should interpret the bible as they see fit. The bible holds tons of prophecy's about Jesus coming. then he comes and they're all like: BLASPHEMY.... The jews killed Jesus...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

List the verses that foretold Jesus coming. I don't see any at all. I would like you go there this link and read for yourself how the birth of Jesus goes against Jewish views. Source

If we presume a birth without a man's assistance, we still have the problem that Jesus was not born in accordance with the Law. His birth, according to the New Testament, violates the laws of the Torah, which specify what constitutes adultery. Mary, according to the New Testament, did not conceive by her betrothed, Joseph. Therefore, she committed adultery "under law" (Deutronomy 22:23-24). As a result, the Christian claim that Jesus was born of a woman engaged to a man, yet had God as his father, must be considered to refer to an adulterous union. God's law does not allow for Him to seduce a maiden, even through the medium of the Holy Spirit. What would be the worth of a moral code that is violated by God Himself? The seduction of a female by a god fits, at best, in the realm of pagan mythology. Such a statement made in reference to the God of Israel is an abomination.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Based on the Title. Jesus was God's son. He wasnt God. He prayed to his father.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Still that goes against the teachings of Jewish though and the Torah. Don't you see where I'm coming from?
God cannot have children.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

We are all children on God. We are all God's children. That would make Jesus, guess what, the SON of God, same as you and I. Jesus is not God. God did not have intercourse with a human (Mary). Everything in the Christian Bible SHOULDN'T be taken literally or word for word.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Then you're referring us as the children of God. As creation of man.
Is that were you're coming from?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm a little confused...So, your saying God can't have children because he isnt human? If that's what your saying, He created Jesus (and everything/everyone else) Which makes God, our father. We dont have to physically come out of him for him to be our father. Children who have been adopted still see the adoptive parents as their real parents. lol sorry I guess im not understanding your question. I personally believe in God is everything (our creator) I dont htink of God has human at all. I don't believe everything from the Bible. Maybe a few things...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730

I'm a little confused...So, your saying God can't have children because he isnt human? If that's what your saying, He created Jesus (and everything/everyone else) Which makes God, our father. We dont have to physically come out of him for him to be our father. Children who have been adopted still see the adoptive parents as their real parents. lol sorry I guess im not understanding your question. I personally believe in God is everything (our creator) I dont htink of God has human at all. I don't believe everything from the Bible. Maybe a few things...

By the way God could be energy from space for all we know. I think people just to pictue God has a human to better visualize when they pray (to me, i think paying is nonsense) but it is nice to thank it for the life and beauty it has given us. I think God (energy or whatever) Has some sort of intelligence to it, like nature.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'm talking about Jesus being the son of God compared to others as the children of God through creation. Basically Jesus is literally the child of God. Do you see where I'm coming from now?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

god has biljons of children. and the reasoning you brought to the table reminds me of all the story's of the Pharisees. The Prophecy's I am talking about are the one's dealing with the Messiah. Then at one point in time a voice in the sky (read:YHWH) pronounces:

Matthew 17:5 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

5He was still speaking when a bright cloud overshadowed them. Then a voice came out of the cloud and said, “This is my Son, whom I love and with whom I am pleased. Listen to him!”

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Then you're referring to Jesus as literally the child of God. God impregnated Mary with Jesus. So Jesus is more then just a creation. He is a demi God to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Jesus was ONE of his children that God chose, who would speak from God and give the word of God. We are all children of God...He said "This is my son." If you had or have to sons of your own and brought one of them to your friends house (who has never met your son) You would say "This is my son...david." I think God was just stating that this is the son who he was refering to at the time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So then you're referring to Jesus as a prophet? I hate to admit I disagree agree with you about Jesus being a speaker for God. Since God spoke there why didn't God lead the people? Why do Jews today don't follow Jesus? Because of National Revelation.
National Revolation
Prophets

Of the 15,000 religions in human history, only Judaism bases its belief on national revelation—i.e. God speaking to the entire nation. If God is going to start a religion, it makes sense He’ll tell everyone, not just one person.

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I think you need to look at the big picture of God's relationship with human beings...from the very beginning to this day.

In the very beginning, God had only two "children"...and he spoke directly to them...gave them only one rule...Eve thought she knew better...and Adam put his trust in her instead of in God. He gave them his knowledge of good and evil...and with it, the responsibility for choosing between them. He still spoke to them though not as directly as he did (he respected their request for him to "butt out"). ...and the first child they had MURDERED the second even though he KNEW it was the "evil" choice!

Eventually things went downhill and only a handful of people still respected God's authority over this planet (and them). This time he starts with dramatic proof of his authority (reshaping this planet all around them) and a promise to continue providing less dramatic proof to people that reject his authority...and again the world results in chaos (and it can still be traced to a form of sibling rivalry).

Now God offers to "choose a favorite"...Abraham accepted the offer and God offered a LOT more assistance to this group...up to and including giving them victory over their enemies in battle. The catch was that they had to trust him and follow his instructions or he would remove his protection and his favor. In this "round", he demonstrated that giving us boatloads of instructions and performing mind-boggling miracles to support his chosen people still doesn't have the desired effect...that we (humans) have an uncanny knack for finding loopholes in any rulebook. At the same time, he (using a direct strategy of positive and negative reinforcement) is grooming those people for a time when he would use them to save the world.

In short, he didn't give detailed instructions to the entire world because he KNEW that we would resort to violence to prove which group (generally based on superficial characteristics) was God's favorite AND to defend ourselves from people that rejected God's authority.

As for the suggestion that he left everyone else and didnt speak to them, I don't think that's entirely accurate...God did give us his knowledge of good and evil. The problem is that the first time we choose evil, we distance ourselves from him (the way Adam and Eve hid from God in the garden). It isn't that he left us...we leave him!...mostly because we WANT to "fend for ourselves"...we think we can do it alone. However, the knowledge of good doesn't leave us...and like a lifeline, it can lead us back to the truth. He did speak to and lead us. We chose not to listen.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The bible says that Jesus was gods first and only son. together they've fathered the rest of all creation. This fact doesn't change with whatever way Jesus was brought to earth. God created Eve out of a rib of Adam... For an omnipotent god to give a woman a baby to carry without affecting her virginity isn't to farfetched.
edit on 7/11/2010 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I have to ask you. Do you take the Bible as history and Literally? Maybe you see some parts as true? As an Atheist I don't believe in God and I know people have different views on God and interpret the Bible differently. I'm trying to make you and others see where I'm coming from on how God can't literally have a child. I can at times be disrespectful. Still I do feel what you saying on different stories in the Bible as biased. Which I wouldn't mind getting into.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join