It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

bein an arse! soz!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well I guess then you have the answer to your question, so why are you asking us if you already know the answer supposedly. I only answered becasue I thought you were open to other opinions, but im now sure you arent, and are just possibly trying to mock jesus, which is to each their own I guess, im not gonna knock ya down for your beliefs becuase who am I to judge right, I just thought you sincerely wanted an answer to your question. I know nothing of judaism and Im fine not knowing, im pretty comfortable where Im at now after studying a few different spiritual beliefs, but thanx anyways.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

That's my character and sometimes I come as rude. Which I shouldn't. Yet it is fun changeling others to see what they believe and how they will respond to your comments.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The only way to reach God is through Jesus Christ, Ill pray for you, besides I DO practice traditionally, we have fellowship with one antoher, not in a church but in one homes just like the bible says, and actually me and my fellowship consider ourselves Jews, though studying "judaism" isnt our practice, we practice ghe bible and the bible only. The bible has the directions and instructions for our life.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'm not a Christian anymore (I'm sure you knew that by now) but here's how I used to rationalize it -

What Jesus is doing in the Garden of Gethsemane is akin to talking himself into getting Crucified, he's nervous about going through with it and rather than talk to any of the disciples he has a conversation with himself. Sort of like when you're going to talk to a girl who's WAY out of your league and you have to practice what you're gonna say and how you're gonna say it

I always liked the scene in Gethsemane, the Jesus of the Gospels always seems so supernatural and over the top but the moments in Gethsemane make him seem more human.

One of the most interesting things about prayer I realized a while back is that Jesus specifically tells his followers NOT to pray in public and yet up until recently public prayer was everywhere. Now-a-days there are fundamentalists across the nation pushing public prayer trying to get it back in schools and the like. Little do they know they are directly contradicting their own savior

edit on 11-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Well I don't believe Jesus is the only way to God. Since I have read from the Bible from different perspectives. God want's people who are faithful. But I respect you more now.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Right!!! Its been over 20 years that i have not read the Bible or gone to a Church.But I can say that I am still Christian and the reason for that is that i do not believe in Religious Doctrines. Therefor correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall that Jesus himself declares "I am God". There is only one God and there is none other beside Him. In that Context is true, since everything was Created from God.

The answer to your question is simple. Jesus is not God, He is the Living Word of God.

Thus said, Jesus did not prayed to himself but to his father. And his father is God. And to claim Jesus is God, and worship Him as an idol, then I presume its an Idolatry. After all Jesus was borne from Human Mother, thus making Him a "Son of Man".

That is the reason why people believe in the Holy-trinity. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. But in Essence all three are One.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I see Jesus as false. Since his teachings go against the Eternal Torah. Basically Jesus and his followers preached against what God and his prophets had said in the pass. As well Jesus not fulfilling what the Messiah is supposed to do and no man can be a demigod or a part of God.

New Testement Anti Judaism

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Seed76

I see Jesus as false. Since his teachings go against the Eternal Torah. Basically Jesus and his followers preached against what God and his prophets had said in the pass. As well Jesus not fulfilling what the Messiah is supposed to do and no man can be a demigod or a part of God.

New Testement Anti Judaism

Correct me if i am wrong but i recall that Jesus said that he came not to reject the Law of Moses, but to full fill it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Not really. Jesus didn't do anything really.
Give the NT a chance?
I refuse to give a false prophet a chance.
Prophets and Prophecy

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Right.Then tell me what part of the "Moses Law", Jesus broke? And if He didn´t done anything as you claim, then why He was accused???

And what makes a True Prophet???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Did you read the links I provided? Seems you Christians are arrogant beyond belief. Jews and Christians interpret the Bible differently. Since Jews are required to follow 613 Mitzvot (commands) to the fullest. They cannot break one and Christians break a majority of them.
613 commands
Read the list and tell me what ones do you do and you don't do.
I also don't worship Jesus because of the teachings in the NT.
Jews for Judaism faq
Read the various articles listed in the faqs. you'll see where I and many Jews are coming from. Jesus is in entire different religion then Judaism. Just because there is an OT doesn't mean Jews should follow Jesus and his teachings.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Did you read the links I provided? Seems you Christians are arrogant beyond belief. Jews and Christians interpret the Bible differently. Since Jews are required to follow 613 Mitzvot (commands) to the fullest. They cannot break one and Christians break a majority of them.

Have I posted to you any links at all??? We are simply discussing. And why am i arrogant by asking three simple questions??? Last time I checked the "Law of Moses" had only 10 Laws. After all God gave to Moses only 10 Commands.

Read the list and tell me what ones do you do and you don't do.
I also don't worship Jesus because of the teachings in the NT. Read the various articles listed in the faqs. you'll see where I and many Jews are coming from. Jesus is in entire different religion then Judaism. Just because there is an OT doesn't mean Jews should follow Jesus and his teachings.

Again why should i read the list since it has not to do with me. I simply asked the questions since the topic was about Jesus. or am i missing something??

edit on 11-11-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Well Jesus goes against the commandments of God. Not just the Ten Commandments. I was referring to the links I required. Once you read the links then you'll see why I and many others shouldn't follow Jesus. Jews are supposed to follow the 613 commands. Do you follow any of them?
Blood Sacrifice
Jesus death on the cross is also invalid.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Seed76

Well Jesus goes against the commandments of God. Not just the Ten Commandments. I was referring to the links I required. Once you read the links then you'll see why I and many others shouldn't follow Jesus. Jews are supposed to follow the 613 commands. Do you follow any of them?
Blood Sacrifice

Still you do not answering my questions. Which of the 10 Commandments Jesus broke??? And if He did not broke any of the 10 Commandments, then why he was accused??? I am not asking you to go through the 613 commands of Torah. I am simply asking you to tell me which of the 10 Jesus ever broke. After all God gave only 10 Commandments to Moses or did He not??

Of course you are referring to the links, that you have posted. Of course you are following the 613 Commands, no one argues with that. Every person is free to believe in what He/She wants to believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I'm not talking about the Ten Commandments. Jews believe Jesus broke the Sabbath. As well many believe Jesus is God which is consider against God being one. If that's what you want I can get more. Jesus goes against Judaism and the traditional teachings. Let me ask you do you believe Christianity and Judaism go hand and hand? I know they don't!
Messiah Truth
Read the links and see why Jews don't follow Jesus.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I'm not talking about the Ten Commandments. Jews believe Jesus broke the Sabbath.

Right.
Now answer me a question please: Its Sabbath, you are on your way Home. On your way home you see a man asking for help cause he is in need for help. What are you going to do??? Are you going to help that men, or you are going to leave him there?? Cause according to Jews Sabbath is a day of rest and Worship.

As well many believe Jesus is God which is consider against God being one. If that's what you want I can get more. Jesus goes against Judaism and the traditional teachings.

Exactly, They believe that. Jesus never claimed that he is God. Or am i missing something here?? And if I am wrong please correct me.

Let me ask you do you believe Christianity and Judaism go hand and hand? I know they don't!
Messiah Truth
Read the links and see why Jews don't follow Jesus.

That´s nice question. As a matter of fact i do. Forget all the Ideologies and Doctrines that both religions have. We both believe in the same God. We both accept the prophets. We both accept the "Law of Moses". Upon that how can you be so sure that Christianity and Judaism have nothing common. The only difference is the teachings of Jesus, and that Christians believing that Jesus is the Messiah. After all His teachings were about Love, Compassion and Forgiveness. And there is nothing wrong according those teachings. The only problem that all the religions have, are the Doctrines and the Ideologies, which dividing the Human race.

Anyway I think we are a bit Of topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Seed76

Well Jesus goes against the commandments of God. Not just the Ten Commandments.
... Jews are supposed to follow the 613 commands. Do you follow any of them?
If you look at my avatar, there is a photo of me with my beard in two braids. That resulted from a desire relating to your question. Let's say there are 613 commandments, but they seem impossible to follow because we do not live in a theocracy, and definitely not what is painted in the O.T. as a picture of how it should be. I decided to figure out what would be the easiest of all the 613 to comply with and "not cutting your beard" seemed to be something that did not require you to even do something, just not to buy razor blades when you go shopping. I figured having a token of compliance with God's Law was better than nothing. Nothing, I felt, would really put you in jeopardy in a final judgement scenario. That being said, it in no way makes me holy, and it does not serve even as a witness because I never once had to give an explanation for it. To a lot of people it just made them assume I was a Jew. When I went to Italy, every time there was a bunch of people and I turned my back, someone would yell out, "Jude!" (sounds like the girl's name, Judy)
Earth is the battleground for a spiritual war and the death of Jesus plays a pivotal role in the battle. Jesus was the Son of God, another term or title for the Messiah, which in turn is a subtitle for the name tacked, as a sign, onto the cross on which he died, "The King of the Jews". Jesus was not heralded and set on a throne made by human hands but goes to where the Father is to sit on an eternal throne upheld by God and all the angels.
We did not sacrifice Jesus but God, the Father sacrificed by going through the loss of His son, who was the dearest thing to His heart. Practically, the fall-out of Jesus' death is that God does not make allowance in order to show favoritism when it nullifies justice. This is the same justice that has to have full effect and power in order to put to death Satan, who is our enemy in the spiritual war for the souls of Men.
edit on 12-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: spelling fix

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To the thread owner's question here is Jesus Christ's answer as written in the bible. The book is John, chapter 1 and the verse is 1 and 3 of the New International Version:

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Clearly, Jesus was speaking to his father and not to himself when he said "glorify your son, that your son may glorify you." Verse 3 supports this because Christ spoke of the truth that would lead to eternal life, which all men--Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. must accept: "that they know you (the Father) as the ONLY TRUE God." Christ made it very clear that the Father is the only true God and that he(Jesus Christ) was sent by the ONLY TRUE God.

But was Christ a god-man as others are so quick to believe? In the same book chapter 8 verse 40 of the King James Version this time, Jesus said:

"But now you seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham."

Christ Himself declared that he is a MAN. The Jews and the religious organizations of today who uphold the doctrine of the trinity have one thing in common, and that is that they both believe that Jesus preached himself to be a god by telling them that he is the Son of God. The Jews thought Jesus was claiming to be a god himself and it offended them greatly that a mere carpenter's son who is unlearned according to their standards would dare call himself the Son of God. The trinitarians on the other hand are on the affirmative when it comes to the Christ's alleged deity.

But even the apostle Paul made a distinction between the only true God and Jesus Christ in 1 Timothy 2:5:

5"For there is one God and one mediator between
God and human beings, Christ Jesus, himself
human,"

The Bible is the Word of God and there are no contradictions in it. But the wisdom of interpreting it as one coherent testimony of God is bestowed by God himself through the Holy Spirit and cannot be acquired just by reading the Bible from cover to cover.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bijouramov

You do know you're wrong on all levels with that comment? There are many contradictions in the Bible. Since many different translations.
Contradiciton list 1
Bible Contradicitons 2
Jews reject Jesus because Christianity and Judaism are so different.
Trinty in the Torah?
edit on 20-11-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join