It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zot Twady

have you considered where these "healthy" ingredients come from? How they're processed, seasoned, stored and prepared?

nicely done remark
however, i got a little question: where do you buy food?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

No, I don't live on gray squirrels and radish greens from my back yard, and I hear you...it's a roll of the dice, food can be contaminated anywhere along the supply chain.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zot Twady

i see you don't feed yourself upon fairy tales
& i'll say more: civilization stays at water/food shortage & synthetic food will be prevailed during some Time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zot Twady
Oh yeah, damned healthy, just like any fast food?

I was very clear, throughout this thread, that not all fast food is the same. Please try not to take my posts out of context.

I mean, a cheese burger is just meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bread, etc. right?
That's all good for you right?

No.

have you considered where these "healthy" ingredients come from?
How they're processed, seasoned, stored and prepared?

Yes, hence the Chipotle reference.

Is all meat the same? ...veggies? ...cheese?

Of course not.

Maybe if you did some basic research on the development, production, and deployment of these so-called "healthy" fast foods, you'd have a different outlook.

Maybe if you knew a little biochemistry and did some basic research on bioenergetic systems you'd realize how much more important nutrient composition is than development, production and deployment of fast foods. Food quality and production does indeed effect my decisions on dietary choices, which is tend to avoid McDonalds; however, if we're talking about nutrition, we're talking about biochemistry.

I do not eat fast food at all...I can smell it, and it smells bad, it reminds me of melting plastic and sickness.

You do realize that smell tolerance is subjective, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
McDonalds, and other fast foods, had become a food of last resort for me. (ie; If I was feeling very hungry while away from home, and in need of something deemed edible to fill my stomach.) After watching the video and reading this thread, I have removed fast food items from my edible list. It's hard to find good meals when you are on the road 90% of the time. I never thought that McDonalds was even remotely healthy. Now I cant help thinking about how toxic it actually is.

S&F

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Maybe if you knew a little biochemistry and did some basic research on bioenergetic systems you'd realize how much more important nutrient composition is than development, production and deployment of fast foods. Food quality and production does indeed effect my decisions on dietary choices, which is tend to avoid McDonalds; however, if we're talking about nutrition, we're talking about biochemistry.

man, if no secret, what is your way to recognize good food???

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Um.........as one who has on occasion found part of a burger from McDonalds tossed in a hard-to-reach spot int he car, I can tell you that they most certainly DO decompose.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
*snip*
The point of the matter is, even if people did exaggerate the length of time, macdonalds takes a ridiculously long time to mold therefore alot of the product in it cannot be food.
*snip*

Not from my experience! With kids, there are occasions when pieces of food get dropped in a car, especially after a long road trip. Trust me on this; McDonald's food molds and rots as fast as anything else. Seen it. Too much fat? Maybe, but people can control how much they eat, too. Seems to me all this mess is someone either trying to sue McDonald's because they got fat, or working for the competition.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You are SO right about some vegans! Know someone that went that route, dropped insanely unhealthy amounts of weight (to under 100 lbs., at 5'4"!), and is constantly plagued with all sorts of health issues, has no energy, etc. Blames anything and everything but the diet, to the degree of deciding she's got not one, but several chronic "conditions" that aren't even actual diseases.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I ate McD this morning... I hardly ever eat there any more. I don't think my body even digests it any more. It just gives me the craps.

This thread actually made me laugh... this is stuff I've known since I was a kid. Seriously, the only beef I've had that was saltier than a McPatty was beef chips that my ex-stepmom used to make "sh*t-on-a-shingle" (I really don't know any other name for it, except gravy on toast, but it''s a bit more than just gravy. Maybe it's just a Wyoming thing? People from other 'civilized' places look at me like I just slapped their mother when I say it, or it's on a menu).

Creamed chipped beef is what I expect you mean. Basically thin sliced corned beef (like for sandwiches) with gravy, over toast. Commonly called "SOS". In our house, it was called "SOB", as we served it on biscuits.
Not just Wyoming; we are all Southern.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
*snip*

I discovered this dirty little secret of our supermarkets many years ago. Buy an apple from Kroger or such and set it out at room temperature. At the same time, put an ORGANIC apple beside it. The organic apple will decay rapidly. The apple from Kroger will last for MONTHS. No joke!
*snip*
SeaWind

*Rolling eyes* Sorry, but I have seen apples, regular apples, not organic ones (as though the others are plastic, lol), go bad in days to a week or so.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
*snip*
The only thing I can agree is the high sodium on the patties. Every time I got a McD I end drinking more water than when I have a hangover. Hopefully I'm not hypertense yet.

I would not worry. Seems the claims that salt is bad were a bit over-stated, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
I've never liked eating at McDonalds, except their breakfast menu is pretty good though. As for that video with the non-decomposing burgers, how would you know the doofus didn't spray those burgers with pesticides or something before displaying them in his basement?

Better yet, how do we know he didn't buy a lot of fresh ones, and stick labels for other years all over?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Personally I don't eat McDonalds hamburgers, I don't like the plight of the animals that are being mass produced, I imagine that mass production and a need for foods to stay good longer, even if they aren't cooked yet, are the reason for mass amounts of presevatives being used. That being said, I want to defend that Dogs love Mcdonald's hamburgers, buns and all. My husband buys our dogs one every time he goes, and he goes to McDonalds a lot. He orders the dog's plain, no onion, no pickles, just meat cheese and bread, and the dogs will take your fingers off for them! They seem to know the difference in McDonald's and Krystal too, with Krystal being their absolute favorite.

Our old dog loved them as well. If we bought the stuff, and didn't get hers, she would whine till we had to go back for them. She knew the sign, too. Knew the yellow wrapper. Lived a long life as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Not from my experience! With kids, there are occasions when pieces of food get dropped in a car, especially after a long road trip. Trust me on this; McDonald's food molds and rots as fast as anything else. Seen it.

here is very good moment exists: everyone can get own experience through simple experiment

Seems to me all this mess is someone either trying to sue McDonald's because they got fat, or working for the competition.

at this moment, we got funny question: how can you prove your "Seems" couldn't be applied to you?
maybe you work for holy mcd's, Devil knows

edit on 26-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Funny...I'm pretty sure if you stumbled upon a nice little wild apple, you'd never touch a wild fruit again. No, really. Try it.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As someone who LOVES the taste of McDonald's foods and is simultaneously appalled by the lack of actual food content, I am torn.
This actually ties into the whole "soda with food stamps" thread.
When people have their own money to buy food, it is kind of hard to regulate what they buy with that money.
However, when US taxpayers pay the bill, we get to say what you can and cannot eat.
Unfortunately, these same ideals are directly responsible for the terrible obesity "epidemic" we see today.
Remove the fatty foods from the menu all together, and there will be no problem...
Except the governments attempts(ie New Yorks Reduced Sodium initiative and McDonalds and Burger King removing Super Size and changing oils) are a bunch of bunk and only make these restaurants seem like they are doing something good, when in fact they are still one of the leading causes of the problem.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theunknownman

As someone who LOVES the taste of McDonald's foods and is simultaneously appalled by the lack of actual food content, I am torn.
This actually ties into the whole "soda with food stamps" thread.
When people have their own money to buy food, it is kind of hard to regulate what they buy with that money.
However, when US taxpayers pay the bill, we get to say what you can and cannot eat.
Unfortunately, these same ideals are directly responsible for the terrible obesity "epidemic" we see today.
Remove the fatty foods from the menu all together, and there will be no problem...
Except the governments attempts(ie New Yorks Reduced Sodium initiative and McDonalds and Burger King removing Super Size and changing oils) are a bunch of bunk and only make these restaurants seem like they are doing something good, when in fact they are still one of the leading causes of the problem.
Just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure than in the pinnacle of my eating at McD's I loved the taste
of it more than you
I stopped cold turkey when I felt what it was doing to me internally.

Nothing beats a home cooked meal, even a home cooked hamburger.

To me the obesity issue has to do with:

People working too much (not enough time to cook) + (not enough time for exercising) +
People being much too susceptible to marketing +
People wanting HUGE portions for spending all of the money (value) +
People eating fast food more often (loaded with MSG) which has been
shown to cause belly fat =

Obesity.

Sure, it doesn't help these foods are loaded with sodium + sugar either.
Portion control is the bulk of it because I was proof you could eat
complete garbage and still look healthy and fit.

I started to crave McD's all the time and ate it
Course this was when my job was 100% traveling, not stationary.
breakfast, lunch and dinner.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by littlecloud
*snip*
The point of the matter is, even if people did exaggerate the length of time, macdonalds takes a ridiculously long time to mold therefore alot of the product in it cannot be food.
*snip*

Not from my experience! With kids, there are occasions when pieces of food get dropped in a car, especially after a long road trip. Trust me on this; McDonald's food molds and rots as fast as anything else. Seen it. Too much fat? Maybe, but people can control how much they eat, too. Seems to me all this mess is someone either trying to sue McDonald's because they got fat, or working for the competition.

What is ironic is that your posts seem to fit an agenda, exactly what you accuse
others of having lol!

I don't trust people over the internet, much less women who are
prone to suggest their emotional responses somehow warrant validity.

(I mean no offense) just my direct experiences with them.
If this isn't you then I apologise in advance.

Unless you've done your own research (which you haven't)
Unless you know the exact make-up and chemical compound of McD's foods (which you don't)

You have no factual basis on the matter with regard to decomposition.
The fact is under basic atmospheric conditions McD's food will resist mold and decomposition.
Longer than other food(s).

I don't fit any of those generalistions you've made at the end of your post
and can tell you that McD's food is junk compared with a multitude of fast food places.

The best I've encountered is: Baja Fresh.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am eating a McDonald's cheeseburger right now. It's grea... ahhh my heart! arteries getting clogged! rapid aging! eeeahhh!

Oh wait, I'm fine. Let this thread die and move on to more important items please. Seriously.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join