It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The frightingly slow decomposition of McDonalds foods has been covered here before on ATS, but this new article sums up everything about the issue, why it happens, has links showing burgers and buns which have not decomposed in TWO DECADES, ridicules the MSM and finally sums up the Human Race in one paragraph!

PLEASE READ SOURCE

It's always entertaining when the mainstream media "discovers" something they think is new even though the natural health community has been talking about for years.

The latest "new" discovery by the mainstream media is that McDonald's Happy Meal hamburgers and fries won't decompose, even if you leave them out for six months. This story has been picked up by CNN, the Washington Post and many other MSM outlets which appear startled that junk food from fast food chains won't decompose.

TWO DECADE YEAR OLD BURGER: MUSEUM

Why don't McDonald's hamburgers decompose?

With meats, the primary reason why they don't decompose is their high sodium content. Salt is a great preservative, as early humans have known for thousands of years. McDonald's meat patties are absolutely loaded with sodium -- so much so that they qualify as "preserved" meat, not even counting the chemicals you might find in the meat.

To me, there's not much mystery about the meat not decomposing. The real question in my mind is why don't the buns mold? That's the really scary part, since healthy bread begins to mold within days. What could possibly be in McDonald's hamburger buns that would ward off microscopic life for more than two decades?

As it turns out, unless you're a chemist you probably can't even read the ingredients list out loud.

OUR STUPID SPECIES

Which brings me to my final point about this whole laughable distraction: There is only one species on planet Earth that's stupid enough to think a McDonald's hamburger is food. This species is suffering from skyrocketing rates of diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia and obesity. This species claims to be the most intelligent species on the planet, and yet it behaves in such a moronic way that it feeds its own children poisonous chemicals and such atrocious non-foods that even fungi won't eat it (and fungi will eat cow manure, just FYI).

Pretty much sums it all up dosn't it? Im off to eat a raw carrot or two.......
edit on Mon Oct 18 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wonderful thread! I agree wholeheartedly , if you're going to eat that junk, pay the price with your health.

I won't allow my children to eat at ANY fast food joint, processed food, microwave meals etc, all BAD

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Interesting. Although wouldn't the bacteria and fungi still get into the edible parts and leaving the other yummies for us?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Brilliant.
Well much argument here about our right to choose what we or our family eats,at least with this info the uninformed may make a more educated decision upon loading up their kids with this crap.
Well done.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Nasty, nasty stuff...
edit on 17-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I haven't eaten a McDonald's burger since 1971 and don't intent to. However I find it interesting that the buns don't mold. Were they stored in a very dry place? My daughter and I use to make bread and glaze it for table displays in our antique store. Of course it was the glaze that kept the bread from molding but we would sometimes keep the bread in a dry location for a few days before glazing and it didn't mold. But this test was done over a long period of time. I might try this test on a regular store bun and see what happens, if anything. I will not put it in glass or tupperware because that might cause condensation. I bet that bun is hard as a rock!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just for clarities sake - the guy buying the burgers at the beginning is obviously restaged footage.

The cars are modern, as is his outfit and the uniform at McDonalds was very different in 1989.

Apart from that - nice thread and I applaud the message behind it!! (I disagree that meat, no matter how many cows it comes from, will not last 20 years out in the open - but still, there's nothing happy about Happy Meals)

Star and flag.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The original McDs is not too far away and started in the 1950s. Somewhere along the way, the fresh ingredients were ditched for the crap ingredients. But why?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was wondering if this happens with other fast food burgers? I have enjoyed a Burger King burger a time or 2 - I do usually stay away from this stuff tho.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Fungi can hydrolyze polycarbonate and rocket fuel. This is nothing more than a sensationalist bashing of a corporate giant. These kinds of stories play into consumer ignorance.

Put this meal in a plastic bag in which there will be ample water activity and there is no doubt that microbes would devour a happy meal. You have to remember, fruits and vegetables have plenty of water in them, as well inoculum growing inside of them.

That's the Real Story behind the real story behind the real story.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm gonna reply here the same as I did in the other tread:

I'm calling it BS!

copied from other thread: "I worked in a fastfood restaurant for 3,5 years, started as a student.
My husband worked in one for 11 years, started as a student, eventually ran it.

Only if you worked in one you know just how much control there is in this places, and I mean on a weekly bases! Control on everything you can imagine: food, hygiene, (even dust on the plants)
I can say for sure the in most fast food restaurants your burger is 100% quality beef, the salad is fresh except for the eggs (which are pre-packed and probably contain preservatives)... and the saus.... well that's a secret"

And your burger, once it's baked, it gets exactly 20 min to get sold, if not sold it is trown away

I ate burgers almost every day in the 3.5 years I worked there and I did not get big and fat or got any other desease, neither did my husband.

I'd say try it out for yourself, take a burger and let it sit somewhere for 6 months and compare it to a meatloaf you baked in the oven (just the meat, no other ingredients) and see what happens to that... you won't see much difference.
as for the buns, they are the same as hotdog buns you buy in the store... they are the same as any pre-packed bun.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
The original McDs is not too far away and started in the 1950s. Somewhere along the way, the fresh ingredients were ditched for the crap ingredients. But why?

Money.

Pure and simple.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I knew it was B.S. when they said dogs won't eat a McDonalds bun. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from the world of fast food mythology.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whateverpedia

I thought that was pretty obvious. It is all about money, everything about the global capitalist globe we live in is.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would like to clarify a few things at the get go.

Just because you have worked in a fast food restaurant, does not make you qualified to say what the food is made from. It would take an experienced chemist and a whole lot of testing to do that, not comparing it to a similar product.

Can we all agree that fast food is not good for us in any way, shape or form?

Can we all agree that most processed food is all or in part bad for us?

How then can we expect a company (whos sole goal is to turn a profit), to be able to feed and slaughter an animal, process it, preserve it, package it, transport it, cook it, box it up, pay for staff, pay for store overheads and offset their carbon emmisions.........

ALL FOR 99p

Maybe these people have over emphasised certain things, don't be pedantic and rubbish the message behind it. We are bombarding our body with foreigh materials and we are decreasing our time on this planet everytime we eat a fast food meal.

But most of us have to, because we can't afford fresh food and the gas to cook it, as well take the time out of our busy lives to learn how to cook.

We even poison or fresh produce with pesticides and we are destroying our soil, our lifeblood. We wil lsoon be eating one capsule a day to give us all the 'nutrients' we need.

Whenever we package our food and add sodium to it we are destroying the living energy in it, and when we microwave it we are changing its natural structure.

WE ARE A CANCER ON THIS EARTH & OUR BODIES WILL FEEL THE EFFECT OF THAT.

Defend your fast food all you want... pretty soon it is what we all will be eating as the only remaining healthy foof will rise in price exponentially.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Anyone see the movie 'Food Inc"?
I suggest you do if you havent.
I brings all this into perspective..
My daughter turned vegetarian after watching it, cause she was so disgusted in the processing of what they call food..
I however have chosen to eat organic and none processed foods as I can manage.
I once left a Mcds cheeseburger in my truck for an apparent month, and aside from being a little dry, It looked the same as the day it was bought..
Think of this,. anything you can buy at a "fast food " place that is a meal for under two bucks, couldn't really be Real food..
and besides what you are usually consuming is sugar anyway,. besides the little bit of "meat" they put in it.
Potatoes= sugar
the 32oz drink=sugar
Buns all white flours= sugars + carb
meat is processed from at least 100,00 different cows wich are feed corn (and other fattening feeds) =sugar
Ohhh Sooo Yummy

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Can we all agree that fast food is not good for us in any way, shape or form?

No we can't. See Chipotle.

Can we all agree that most processed food is all or in part bad for us?

No we can't. See Coconut Oil.

Maybe these people have over emphasised certain things, don't be pedantic and rubbish the message behind it. We are bombarding our body with foreigh materials and we are decreasing our time on this planet everytime we eat a fast food meal.

More baseless claims.

WE ARE A CANCER ON THIS EARTH & OUR BODIES WILL FEEL THE EFFECT OF THAT.

Oh....I see.

So what's really driving you to post this? Be honest. What do you personally have against McDonalds or Fast Food?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

www.hulu.com...

The link above is actual MSN news article that talks about a happy meal that dont decompose for 6 months..

And you can check the end of supersize me.. a documentary where this guy goes on a mcdonalds diet and shows the effects of that diet..

So no mcdonalds food is garbage plain and simple..

As long as you like eating garbage i cant stop ya..
edit on 10/17/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The supersize me documentary was a sad misrepresentation of the facts. I've brought this up before....Please find Morgan Spurlock's food logs from the documentary.

And when you get tired of looking, you can check out this documentary, a response to the Supersize me.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whateverpedia

Originally posted by Granite

Money.

Pure and simple.

Yep that's pretty much it.... McD's runs off, or gets suppliers to run off massive volumes of stock for them constantly, that of course all has to be stored and distributed efficiently. It's no good your local Mc'D's running out of anything cos that simply means they cannot sell one or more items on their product range, so as well as negotiating rock bottom prices because they order in bulk and reliably they also stockpile the stuff so they have a buffer incase there is a glitch in the supply chain, so a long shelf life is a huge advantage - throwing away stock is exactly the same as throwing money at homeless people, but there is a law about throwing burger buns at hobo's.

Then also there is consistency issues, if you buy a big mac down here in Plymouth and then again when you step off the train in Glasgow they should be identical.... Did all the ingredients come from the same suppliers? I have no idea, probably not but maybe, but the burgers in other countries will have separate suppliers so there will be a variation, filling the things with ridiculous amounts of science words ensures that the McDonalds experience is the same the world over.

Personally I don't think this type of fast food is actually all that bad in moderation, at least when compared to the average shopping trip to the supermarket, sure you can always eat better and people do. Personally I am fine with eating that stuff 3 or 4 times a month, but then again I smoke, drink, had a errrmm how shall I put it, slightly hedonistic experimental youth (a side of me that will reamerge as and when necessary
) I don't really exercise per sey, although I'm quite fit... So I'm likely to develop something or other should I live long enough.

Just don't let your kids eat the stuff every day and if you don't like it, eat something else! - Unless of course you are hypnotised and powerless in the face of advertising (read fat lazy and stupid and using that as an excuse for why you are fat lazy and stupid! - now go sue them cos the coffee is hot).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join