It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

would you like to share more judicious argumentation than you did?
+ you could see more sensitive problem than quality of Water/Food, couldn't you?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

I don't trust people over the internet, much less women who are
prone to suggest their emotional responses somehow warrant validity.

Then why do you even participate in a public forum in which exchange of information is the basis for which discussion is held?

Unless you've done your own research (which you haven't)

Neither have you.

Unless you know the exact make-up and chemical compound of McD's foods (which you don't)

Neither do you.

You have no factual basis on the matter with regard to decomposition.

Apparently, you have no idea what facts dictate biodegradability.

The fact is under basic atmospheric conditions McD's food will resist mold and decomposition.
Longer than other food(s).

1. Please provide "research" or data for such claims.

2. To what basic atmospheric conditions are you referring?

YOU are a walking....errrr...posting contradiction.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

1. Please provide "research" or data for such claims.

Amicus, Just simple example: Real apples, quite frequently, have wormholes; various insects, in particular wasp, enjoy to eat'em; these apples don't look so unified by form & size like apples in supermarkets do; their pulp blackens in the air during hour(s) of the room conditions, but no days, no weeks..

edit on 28-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is why I don't eat fast food unless it's the last option on Earth. I ate enough of it as a kid. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just like when you clean out your car and find those year old fries
They proably taste the same as the day you bought them, I haven't tried though

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is a Mcfriendly environment we live in, and McDonald's like all others is about the almighty dollar

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Then why do you even participate in a public forum in which exchange of information is the basis for which discussion is held?

I don't post to satisfy you, or your expectations.
I post because I choose to and I see through your empty words which have ZERO
factual validity in them.

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvdNeither have you.

This is the point I made. I don't insult people as you do, nor condescend, and this
is what I take offense to...how you treat people and how you talk to them.

Your decorum (lack-thereof) is the problem here.
You have a right to your opinion, and many opinions you do have.

You don't (however) have the right with impunity to act as judge, jury and executioner
with your singular wit and one dimensional facade and attack people as you do.

People like me will call you out on it every time.

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd1. Please provide "research" or data for such claims.

2. To what basic atmospheric conditions are you referring?

YOU are a walking....errrr...posting contradiction.

Now I'm like McDonald's...I'm luvin it!

Since you cannot prove even a nano-particles worth of the amount of claims you make routinely
YOU shift (or deflect) the burden of proof on me....circular logic much?

The FACT is:
You, NOR I are qualified to make claims concerning the aforementioned topics introduced
in this thread.

I know from personal experience (for a certain period of time) I ate nothing
but McDonalds and it ruined me. Since you nor I can get to the source of
how the food is actually manufactured (citing such Bull# organisations such as the FDA
dissolved credibility) you haven't a SINGLE clue about how our food supply
is regulated, tainted and consistently genetically enhanced, modified and tampered with
from its most natural and pure state to recombined crap the FDA calls food, and they
aren't the only organisation that does this.

At one point, asbestos was ok, and Mesothelioma wasn't caused by breathing it in.

I have no issue admitting I'm not qualified because I cannot produce empirical data.
I can comment on my REAL WORLD EXPERIENCES based on: real world occurrences
I have personally been through.

Insulting people either by proxy, or through a passive aggressive persona
gets old and ruins discussion. Since you've been here a long time why not
act like a professional and give respect where its due, to EVERY human being
that posts here?
edit on 2-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Next Thread In The Series:

Food Truth: The Story About The Poison You All Eat (DISTURBING VIDEO & INFO)

Anyone who was interested in this thread should defiantely read it. This time no blog to start it all off, just cold. hard facts.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Since you cannot prove even a nano-particles worth of the amount of claims you make routinely
YOU shift (or deflect) the burden of proof on me....circular logic much?

Not really sure if you realized this, but, the article and YOU are making claims, not me. I'm simply pointing out the flaws in your logic. My original post included the following "claim"

Put this meal in a plastic bag in which there will be ample water activity and there is no doubt that microbes would devour a happy meal.

...which doesn't need "proof" as it's basic mycology. Think Water Potential.

The only other points I've made, directly responding to you, have been rebuttals in which your fallacious logic was promptly revealed.

You, NOR I are qualified to make claims concerning the aforementioned topics introduced
in this thread.

Speak for yourself. And, honestly, if that's the case, why are you making claims on the aforementioned topics? Ridiculous.

I know from personal experience (for a certain period of time) I ate nothing
but McDonalds and it ruined me.

Great. Ruined me too. The difference is I know WHY it's unhealthy.

Since you nor I can get to the source of
how the food is actually manufactured (citing such Bull# organisations such as the FDA
dissolved credibility) you haven't a SINGLE clue about how our food supply
is regulated, tainted and consistently genetically enhanced, modified and tampered with
from its most natural and pure state to recombined crap the FDA calls food, and they
aren't the only organisation that does this.

You haven't a single clue what I have a single clue about.

I have no issue admitting I'm not qualified because I cannot produce empirical data.
I can comment on my REAL WORLD EXPERIENCES based on: real world occurrences
I have personally been through.

See, the sad thing is you can't even realize the flaw in this statement. Whatever your real world experiences tell you....they'll never tell you why! WHY?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
LINK: articles.mercola.com...

"According to McDonald's, their chicken nuggets are 'made with white meat, wrapped up in a crisp tempura batter.' But as the article above shows, these chicken nuggets are a far cry from what you might expect, based on that description."

Do you put dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent made of silicone, in your chicken dishes?

How about tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a chemical preservative so deadly that just five grams can kill you?

The latter, TBHQ, is typically listed as an "antioxidant," but it's important to realize it is a SYNTHETIC chemical with antioxidant properties – NOT a natural antioxidant.

Clearly there's more chemicals in there than actual, real foodstuff.

I'll wait for a nonsensical debunk...

Another link:
www.vegsource.com...
edit on 8-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

And I'll wait for you to post your own words.

I've mentioned in THIS thread multiple times why Morgan Spurlock is a fraud. The observed impact that McDonalds food had on his health was due to overconsumption (5000 calories a day) and carbohydrate overload. The aforementioned chemicals had nothing to do with it. And Oh bee tee dubya, I can do the same with home cooked food.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Chinesis

And I'll wait for you to post your own words.

I've mentioned in THIS thread multiple times why Morgan Spurlock is a fraud. The observed impact that McDonalds food had on his health was due to overconsumption (5000 calories a day) and carbohydrate overload.

Yeah I figured you would act a self righteous hypocrite! Way to go.

Morgan S has NOTHING to do with the article other than the poster interjecting with
his own commentary on Morgan's work.

It does NOT dismiss the findings on that web page you FAILED to read.

You want my own words when you copy/paste everything you post?

Really?

And Oh bee tee dubya, I can do the same with home cooked food.

Oh, BTW....NO, you can't do THIS with your home cooked food.
www.vegsource.com...

Thanks for playing, though.

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvdThe aforementioned chemicals had nothing to do with it.

This ^^^^ Is what we call inconclusive and since you can't (for the life of you) provide
real world testing via empirical data models...You lose again.

Oh, btw I bet it really has to bother the # out of you that
(A) You claim to appreciate Science yet you cannot even follow the basic/archaic principles...
(B) You have no leg to stand on

edit on 9-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Morgan S has NOTHING to do with the article other than the poster interjecting with
his own commentary on Morgan's work.

It does NOT dismiss the findings on that web page you FAILED to read.

I certainly did read it (I'm subscribed to Mercola's email newsletter). Let me explain what Mercola does. He finds an article or study, posts a snippet from it and then disects it (hoping you'll then buy his products). So, yes. His comments on Spurlock's documentary are relavent. And, in fact, Mercola makes some points that absolutely support my last post...

You want my own words when you copy/paste everything you post?

Really?

If i'm copy/pasting...please report it and the Mods will gladly remove my post.
Stop making ridiculous accusations, really.

Oh, BTW....NO, you can't do THIS with your home cooked food.
www.vegsource.com...

Thanks for playing, though.

Ok, I see where this has gone. Populations around the world, and even families here in America, are obese and yet obstain from eating fast-food.

you can't (for the life of you) provide
real world testing via empirical data models...You lose again.

Well, I'll explain....and then you can go ahead and argue with yourself. I'm done here.

You bear the burden of proof, not me. See, I'm adhering to basic nutrition and biochemical science. Not some hypothetical "what if" hypothesis that holds no weight in the face of evidence. Even the article you posted supports my points. The following is from the article you posted:

Eating fast food just twice a week DOUBLES your risk of developing insulin resistance, compared to eating it just once a week, for example. Insulin resistance, as I've discussed on many occasions, is one of THE primary driving factors behind most of the diseases we currently struggle with, from diabetes to cancer and heart disease...

Insulin resistance is a chronic syndrome that is developed over years of poor dietary choices, not 30 days (like the 30 days that spurlock spent eating excessively in his documentary). Let me tell you what we DO know...

1. Eating excessive amounts of foods WILL lead to excessive fat deposition, increased risk of developing heart disease and increased risk of developing diabetes.

2. Eating excessive amounts of carbohydrates, especially fructose, WILL lead to excessive fat deposition, increased risk of developing heart disease and increased risk of developing diabetes (all factors that eventually lead to insulin resistance)

WHY would anyone hypothesize that trace amounts of chemicals found in fast-foods (and I you know they're not only present in fast food but also in whole foods you can find at the market) lead to the a post McDonald's Spurlock after only 30 days of consumption when we already know that the macronutrient composition and excessive consumption he endured are more than enough to create the observed effects?

It's unscientific. You have to provide some kind of evidence that these chemicals can cause rapid fat gain in the short term, or else you have NO argument because basic biochemistry already clearly accounts for the observed effects.

Really. You have to find something that either a) supports the hypothesis that, in the short term, the aforementioned chemicals can cause insulin resistance/impair fat metabolism or, b) refutes the current understanding of biochemistry and metabolism science. Period.

I've said before that I avoid fast food because of the amounts of nonfood stuff in their food, because of the amounts of carbohydrate rich foods they sell and because of their farming methods. I will not, however, sit back while people make unsubstantiated claims about McDonald's food and its effects on one's health.

Do those synthetic chemicals in fast-food cause insulin resistance after long term consumption? Who knows. Do they cause cancer? Who knows. Are they responsible for the epidemic of chronic diseases we see today? Highly unlikely since these diseases are present in populations without access to fast-food.

I'm done. When you're ready to discuss a topic like a grown up, just U2U me and I'll gladly return.

edit on 10-11-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Not from my experience! With kids, there are occasions when pieces of food get dropped in a car, especially after a long road trip. Trust me on this; McDonald's food molds and rots as fast as anything else. Seen it.

here is very good moment exists: everyone can get own experience through simple experiment

Seems to me all this mess is someone either trying to sue McDonald's because they got fat, or working for the competition.

at this moment, we got funny question: how can you prove your "Seems" couldn't be applied to you?
maybe you work for holy mcd's, Devil knows

edit on 26-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

The point is, I have seen food from there spoil, mold, etc. People should just try it, and see how ridiculous the idea is that it would all last years.

I don't work for anyone at the moment. Mom, at home and quite happy with that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Funny...I'm pretty sure if you stumbled upon a nice little wild apple, you'd never touch a wild fruit again. No, really. Try it.

I have no idea what you are getting at here.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Most Wild fruits are extremely bitter.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
anyone else ever noticed that about an hour after you eat mcdonald's you always take a crap that smells just like their french fries? just to let all of you know no one working in the back of a mcdonald's is ever wearing gloves, and they aren't exactly the cream of societies crop back there. take it from me and stick to fries and nuggets only.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've had some fairly nasty smells come from fast food left in my car by friends (who were nice enough to leave food in my car - that's a right I reserve, dicks).

As for fast food and diets in general - your body is made to consume all kinds of various compounds and break them down into usable ones. The vast majority of compounds are non-toxic. Over 90% of what is out there is not toxic. It may not have nutritional value, and it may not be the best idea to consume it - but it's not toxic in all but the most extreme doses.

One of the cool things about being one of the latest species on the planet - we're much more hardy than our predecessors.

You're not going to convince me that a happy meal is all that much more unhealthy than the fried potatoes and almost every other meal that came out of my grandmother's cast iron pans. It may have been all natural from the garden, but full of enough calories and bacon grease to give a tiger a heart attack.

My family rarely ate fast food. I have a general rule when eating food - it needs color aside from yellow and brown. I can look at almost any person who is overweight - including my brothers - and see their plate full of nothing but starches and protein. Now - protein and carbs are very important, particularly in colder times and/or when you are expending more energy. However, you also need the "colors" - vitamins and various other chemicals that aid in metabolism and keeping you healthy. You also don't need to be eating 4,000 calories per day when the most intense physical activity you do is walking up and down stairs when you get home from school to play video games.

Obesity and various medical problems have less to do with what we eat and more to do with how we eat it and how we live. America is different from many other countries in our low population density and large rural and suburban areas. We find ourselves driving rather than walking not only out of convenience but out of practicality. This is also reinforced by our independent natures (we would rather drive ourselves rather than anchor our movement around bus/train schedules). We tend to stay indoors at our jobs doing repetitive work at a computer or in a limited area at a factory or retail store, to come home and relax by watching TV or playing games.

When we eat, it is often in an expedient manner - we have a tendency to over-eat and to eat only one or two meals a day. This impacts our metabolism, slowing it down considerably. Our typically repetitive jobs obscure what is a dietary problem (lack of being alert and awake is blamed on boredom and sedative activities) and this is further compounded by our leisure activities (which are vegetative in nature). It is rare for many families to have a meal together as a family, and even more rare for that meal to include balanced nutritional value.

Many of this nation's problems can be solved with eating breakfast, eating smaller amounts more often, and choosing to go take a walk in the afternoon (or some other mildly physical activity) as opposed to watch TV. Even marital and relationship counselors are recommending couples take a walk together instead of vegetate in front of the TV.

In short - you can eat fast food. It's probably not the best idea to eat it every day, but the most important thing would be to balance it out. The problem is that fast food consumption is as much of a symptom as it is a problem. Our time-strained society answers the problem of not having enough time to make a meal through fast food. It's a quick-fix, on-the-fly solution. Fast food consumption will, strangely enough, correlate with lower income single-parent families. It will also correlate with hours spent watching television and hours spent playing video games.

Fast food is a solution to many who already have an unhealthy or vulnerable lifestyle, and will therefor be cited by many to be a problem when it is only an aggravating factor.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

You're not going to convince me that a happy meal is all that much more unhealthy than the fried potatoes and almost every other meal that came out of my grandmother's cast iron pans. It may have been all natural from the garden, but full of enough calories and bacon grease to give a tiger a heart attack.

expose, please, something factual to affirm your point
in fact, every living organism, including human, has signal system to control consuming, but chemicals can warp this system & human becomes foodard. with normal food, you want to eat maximum 4 times a day w\o any maniacal gobbling up.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Many McDonald's in Arizona took the uncommon step of banning college teacher Erin Carr-Jordan from their stores. Kids Play Secure is a nonprofit foundation Carr-Jordan started to call for the cleanup of maze play areas. McDonald’s considers Carr-Jordan disruptive, and some physicians question her objective to sanitize play areas. Article resource: McDonald's bans maze-swabbing mom from Arizona locations
edit on 2-11-2011 by Camille23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join