Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
natural meat/vegetables/fruits cannot be so harmful, you don't want to eat it very much or frequently. whole my life, i have eaten sugar, meat & other food quite much, but i didn't become fat. most of russians have had the same experience.
actually, Russia had not seen so fatties before mcd's-like/prone have run around.

Russia is rated around the 130th for life expectancy (quick wiki search) , that proves something is wrong and i would argue diet is a big issue.

however, why gov. have allowed to product that crap?

Struggling against the language barrier but the government has no right to tell people what they can and cannot eat, and they cannot tell companies what they can and cannot produce (within the law of basic dangerous substances). In the end people choose to eat crap and i have no sympathy if that makes them fat.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

gastrointestinal tract must run extremal hard to process so immortal crap

Actually the GI tract finds it harder to digest cooked beans tahn it does fast food. One of the problems with fast food is that it's so easy to digest. The simple carbs spike blood sugar, which then spikes insulin, which again leads to low blood sugar and a craving for high sugar foods.

Vicious cycle.

Fast Food and Eating Habits
Human eating habits is another factor that leads to problems caused by consumption of fast food. Health problems caused by fast food include obesity, diabetes and hypertension. Many of us tend to frequently eat this kind of food that has a high fat and calorie content. As most of the food lacks a good amount of fiber, it not easy to digest fast food. The food matter that remains undigested gets deposited on the abdominal tissues. In addition to that, human beings have developed a weird style of eating. The human body needs four meals, namely breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner, all at equal time intervals, so that the body is able to digest the food and assimilate its nutrients. The abnormal consumption timings and unequal intervals result into indigestion. The body is not able to digest the calorie heavy food, which results into fat deposition on the tissues.
--------
www.buzzle.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

So your post proved my point, erm thanks well done for posting something that supports everythigni said about blood sugar. Not absolutely sure why you posted it as a response unless you agree with what i say.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I don't think believe I have addressed you directly yet, but can I just say you seem to be making a better job of explaining what I wanted to.

I have no grudge against McDonalds in particular, it is us and parents etc. who make these choices.

Thank you for bringing sensible, coherent posts to this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Your stats indicate you are new here Chinesis, but you seem to be more logical than a vast majority of members on this site. Thanks for joining in this discussion and addind to the debate, hope to be seeing more activity from you in the future

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

SarK0Y, thanks for posting some links, soemthing quite a few psoters have not took time to do so far on this thread. I am still to post the information that I wanted, I got caught up reading other threads tonight.

There seems to be a good debate going on here by intelligent parties on each side. If we started posting more references it will make it easier to prove our individual points. Apart from the negativity at the start, I'm glad for once how my thread has turned out!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Russia is rated around the 130th for life expectancy (quick wiki search) , that proves something is wrong and i would argue diet is a big issue.

buddy, i have lived in Russia for whole my life
could you think i need wiki to know what has been around?

but the government has no right to tell people what they can and cannot eat, and they cannot tell companies what they can and cannot produce

perhaps, anyone can produce dopes & poisons freely too?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

buddy, i have lived in Russia for whole my life
could you think i need wiki to know what has been around?

Obviously when you claim that the diet you have and russians have is not a problem and i point out your countries live expectancy you don't know anything about health or diet.

perhaps, anyone can produce dopes & poisons freely too?

Sorry but either we're running into a language barrier or you don't know what you're talking about, either way i won't respond to you again.
edit on 20-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Obviously when you claim that the diet you have and russians have is not a problem and i point out your countries live expectancy you don't know anything about health or diet.

life expectancy has many factors, buddy
& i said about fatties

Sorry but either we're running into a language barrier or you don't know what you're talking about, either way i won't respond to you again.

no problem, i see you, pal

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis
When someone says "consumer ignorance" the person saying it must be "consumer educated."

What? What does that even mean? If I'm shopping for the best flat screen on the market and I defer to an electronics salesman, I'm admitting consumer ignorance. I'm basically saying to the salesman, "As a consumer, I'm not educated enough to make an informed decision..."

*IF* (and it is a giant leap of if) *IF* you are so educated in food processing correlating to
the exact make, compositional elements that create any McDonald's hamburger
please refute the ingredients list with empirical data, now.

Again, what? My post was referring to mycology and water potential, not food processing and nutrient content.

Here, since nobody wants to retrieve the ingredients....nutrition.mcdonalds.com...

1- McDonalds Burger: 100% Beef Patty, Regular Bun, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle Slices, Onions

100% Beef Patty: 100% pure USDA inspected beef; no fillers, no extenders. Prepared with grill seasoning (salt, black pepper).

And here's the Carls Jr. Info: www.carlsjr.com...(COMPLETE).pdf?1286299676

I have personally had a McDonald's hamburger sit inside of my work van
(circa 2005) and it sat there for 1 and 1/2 months. When I finally found it between the
seat/seatbelt it hadn't any mold, nor had it decomposed like normal food does.

-Not in a bag, not in any *controlled* environment you spout off about.
-IN a van that allows moisture to seep in on cold nights.

Conversely I had witnessed a Carl's junior burger (in 6 days) have mold on it.
(Same Van)

Nobody cares about your personal anecdotes....and here's why...

Can you tell me what the atmospheric humidity was inside your van on each night? Can you tell me the temperature inside your van on each night? No? Then I don't care, and it holds absolutely 0 weight.

So...sticking to just the facts...Please...I'm waiting for an intelligent, concise rebuttal.
The question is will I get it?

My original response to this thread was intelligent and concise. Your rebuke, however, was a failed attempt at discrediting it. Nice try, though.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One of the most interesting things I've read about is the US Air Force a few decades ago built TWO nuclear jet engines and had them bolted to the ground testing them in the midwest of the United States. Back then they didn't know radiation was bad and were allowing nuclear rods to have absolutely no cooling and were using our atmosphere to rush past the hot rods for thrust.

They contaminated the bread basket (midwest) and any thought of you growing "organic" food to be safe is laughable as the half life of the radioactive particles on our ground is thousands of years.

Every waterway/water system in America is considered "hindered" in annual reports to Congress. The reason all factories went to China is because we poisoned our land, water, and ourselves. We even destroyed our DNA.

When you think of the Chinese you think skinny little guy. They are having a diabetes/obesity EXPLOSION right now in their population. Now their DNA is being destroyed. The reason we won't close our borders is because we need fresh new DNA people coming in.

Those Mcburgers may not decay....but we sure are. Scientists now know the half life of Chlordane was wrong. The 2008 Water Quality report over here showed Chlordane exceeding Federal allowable levels in our public water. We can't afford charcoal filtering for the public water system...and the Fed's didn't force them to do it.

Humankind is killing itself. Mcburgers that fail to decompose because of soy,salt, and preservatives are the least of our worries.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

When someone says "consumer ignorance" the person saying it must be "consumer educated."

What? What does that even mean? If I'm shopping for the best flat screen on the market and I defer to an electronics salesman, I'm admitting consumer ignorance. I'm basically saying to the salesman, "As a consumer, I'm not educated enough to make an informed decision..."

*IF* (and it is a giant leap of if) *IF* you are so educated in food processing correlating to

Again, what? My post was referring to mycology and water potential, not food processing and nutrient content.

Here, since nobody wants to retrieve the ingredients....nutrition.mcdonalds.com...

1- McDonalds Burger: 100% Beef Patty, Regular Bun, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle Slices, Onions

100% Beef Patty: 100% pure USDA inspected beef; no fillers, no extenders. Prepared with grill seasoning (salt, black pepper).

And here's the Carls Jr. Info: www.carlsjr.com...(COMPLETE).pdf?1286299676

I have personally had a McDonald's hamburger sit inside of my work van
(circa 2005) and it sat there for 1 and 1/2 months. When I finally found it between the
seat/seatbelt it hadn't any mold, nor had it decomposed like normal food does.

-Not in a bag, not in any *controlled* environment you spout off about.
-IN a van that allows moisture to seep in on cold nights.

Conversely I had witnessed a Carl's junior burger (in 6 days) have mold on it.
(Same Van)

Nobody cares about your personal anecdotes....and here's why...

Can you tell me what the atmospheric humidity was inside your van on each night? Can you tell me the temperature inside your van on each night? No? Then I don't care, and it holds absolutely 0 weight.

So...sticking to just the facts...Please...I'm waiting for an intelligent, concise rebuttal.
The question is will I get it?

My original response to this thread was intelligent and concise. Your rebuke, however, was a failed attempt at discrediting it. Nice try, though.

(1) If you need an electronic salesman to assist your ignorant self in ascertaining which
flat screen on the market should be in your home---->I rest my case sir!

(poor analogy btw) The most noobish of consumers can research via
due diligence and can come to the right solution better than any electronic salesman ever could.

(2) I did not just read the post you wrote to me, I read all of your posts.
You actually think you are debunking what consistently appear as
-self evident- experiences. You citing them (incorrectly might I add) as irrelevant does nothing.
(Nice try though...)

You accuse others of reading too much into things while you
are the messenger boy of copy n pasting.
-You believe so blindly that what you read on a McDonald's website would
actually be full and complete disclosure.

In other words you haven't ANY empirical data because you haven't actually done anything
for either cause except post links anyone can google. I already know what the *official* posts
say with regard to carb, calorie and ingredient content

-which is why I refused to post them. -They are irrelevant.

The title of this thread is:
"Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story"

It is not "Let's google Nutritional Facts for Carl's Jr. and McD's"
nor is it "Unusual temperatures inside of a Van (a Home) (an office) cannot prove decomposition."

Since I had had a smartphone which predates 2005, and I can remember the exact month
of both burger instances I can tell you the differences between leaving burgers inside of
a van, inside of a home/office YIELDED the exact same result.

Different environments....
SAME result.

Since the burden is upon you to establish (why you feel) my petty anecdotes
are meaningless why don't you get to work with some empirical data to disprove my claims?

See, this is the way it works in life.

-YOU make a claim against me.
-YOU have to prove your claim against me, and my testimony is untrue.

-Can you?
-Will you?

(I didn't think you could.)

-If you are unwilling to, then that's fine.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

You're fighting a losing battle i'm afraid.

See i hate fast food for various reasons. Lets face it, a big beef burger in a bun is not a good thing to have daily, you are consuming a good deal of fat, along with the simple carbs of a white bun and then the fries and/or a drink you have with it. Not a good meal.

However it's demonised too much, this could be included in a weekly diet if the rest of the diet were healthy. In the bodybuildiong circle this is known as a "cheat day", even the dieting circles recognise a cheat day as it allows the person to carry on with the healthy diet.

But the people here won't accept any of this, they won't accept responsibility for their bad choices. If people didn't eat this stuff every day then the restruants wuold die overnight, it's a basic business model, supply and demand! They want to paint the companies as bad instead of the people who buy the rubbish that the companies serve.

McDonalds and other such companies tend to use fresh ingredients because the food sells so quickly they don't need preservatives. Now the pizza you buy in the supermarket, wrapped in it's plastic and cardboard, generally speaking they need preservatives.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

-You believe so blindly that what you read on a McDonald's website would

McDonalds are independently tested, at least in the UK. If they lied they would be subject to massive fines, if they ignored the laws they would be fined again, and again until eventually they would be banned. They don't need to hide anything in their food because people will buy it and not care, so why would they hide it? They can make a fortune by serving food absolutely packed with horribly rubbish if it tasted good because people just don't care whats in it. So why would they lie and lose money?

Sorry but your post smacks of ideology, you have a set mind which can't be changed. I could grab a burger, send it off for independant tests and you still wouldn't believe what was in it.

And again i haven't eaten in a McDonalds for at least 12 years so this post isn't biased. I utterly hate junk food but i wont' allow people like yourself to spread complete lies.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

McDonalds and other such companies tend to use fresh ingredients because the food sells so quickly they don't need preservatives. Now the pizza you buy in the supermarket, wrapped in it's plastic and cardboard, generally speaking they need preservatives.

oh, yeah, so pure, innocent faith

McDonalds are independently tested, at least in the UK

have you so credible sources to be sure of their independence?
you can just repeat test of others & see situation through own eyes
edit on 20-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Fungi can hydrolyze polycarbonate and rocket fuel. This is nothing more than a sensationalist bashing of a corporate giant. These kinds of stories play into consumer ignorance.

Put this meal in a plastic bag in which there will be ample water activity and there is no doubt that microbes would devour a happy meal. You have to remember, fruits and vegetables have plenty of water in them, as well inoculum growing inside of them.

That's the Real Story behind the real story behind the real story.

If you have ever baked bread at home...if anyone leaves it out uncovered or in a paper bag or anywhere at all, it will start to miold in a few days.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The busier a restaurant the faster they need to turn out food, they don't have room to get a bigger and bigger kitchen and more workers as there are more customers... SO they have to make the food faster to prepare in every way from freezer to plate.
Busy small family restaurants just prepare things ahead like bacon and freeze it. They still may make their burger patties but they make more and more ahead and freeze instead of fresh, so eventually slow days means some will be in the freezer a longer and longer time. Money is lost if foods are kept fresh as there will be stale stuff to throw out daily.
Now when you really have to turn it over like fast food and even Denny's type stuff the foods are already partially or fully cooked before the restaurant gets it the hash browns the meats all of it, it needs more and more shelf life.
The only healthy foods are bought and used pretty much daily not many can afford that we don't operate that way in the USA.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
reply to post by carlitomoore

S&F for you. Excellent OP, carlitomoore I suspect it's not just the sodium & preservatives in the Mickey D's burger & bun that keeps it from normal decay. It's probably IRRADIATED.

I think Omaha Steaks is still selling their irradiated hamburger, ummm, yum.

Some of our "fresh" produce is being irradiated & the public is NOT being told, even the greengrocer is not being told the truth of what he's selling.

I discovered this dirty little secret of our supermarkets many years ago. Buy an apple from Kroger or such and set it out at room temperature. At the same time, put an ORGANIC apple beside it. The organic apple will decay rapidly. The apple from Kroger will last for MONTHS. No joke!

TPTB have been irradiated some of our "fresh" produce for at least 15 years that I KNOW of. NO WARNING posted.

People will not believe that we are being poisoned ON PURPOSE. The world is over-populated, and we are being culled. Just wait until they finish destroying the First World countries with invasions & economic collapse, then they will start the SERIOUS culling of the herds of sheeple -- UNOPPOSED.

SeaWind

It's about profit.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Now when you really have to turn it over like fast food and even Denny's type stuff the foods are already partially or fully cooked before the restaurant gets it the hash browns the meats all of it, it needs more and more shelf life.
The only healthy foods are bought and used pretty much daily not many can afford that we don't operate that way in the USA.

Sorry no but you have it backwards. The big fast food chains have sophisticated systems for the basic foods. Things like burgers are produced and consumed with horrible speed. Those of us who understand butchery know this. Let me explain.

A McDonalds burger (or pretty much any big fast food chain) comes from beef that is slaughtered and butchered on pretty much the same day. The cow is killed and then cut up. The meat is quickly thrown into the grinder, shaped and then passed onto the packing area. This burger will land in a McDonalds and cooked, served only a few days later. There really is no need for preservatives and lets be clear, preservatives cost money so like any business they prefer to avoid spending money.

Now a person who knows meat realises it needs to be hung to get the full taste. A cow for example needs to be hung fora good month in a cold room if you want quality flavour. The cold preserves it but for McDonalds this wait would not be economical.

Bread is an entirely different issue. Unless you bake it yourself bread will contain various ingredients you really don't want to eat. No matter if you but it from a supermarket or you local baker, it usually contains something or other. I was kind of sad that my local baker, one of the fwe remaining actually uses bread improver.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

(1) If you need an electronic salesman to assist your ignorant self in ascertaining which
flat screen on the market should be in your home---->I rest my case sir!

Oh, very nice. Insulting insinuations.....

(poor analogy btw) The most noobish of consumers can research via
due diligence and can come to the right solution better than any electronic salesman ever could.

Yes, noob consumers research products of interest and make hasty decisions based on information obtained from internet blogs and forums. Smart consumers research the experts, not the products, and let the experienced professionals assist them in their decisions.

(2) I did not just read the post you wrote to me, I read all of your posts.
You actually think you are debunking what consistently appear as
-self evident- experiences. You citing them (incorrectly might I add) as irrelevant does nothing.
(Nice try though...)

Anecdotal Evidence

Not really sure where you got this....

You believe so blindly that what you read on a McDonald's website would

First you ask me to "please refute the ingredients list with empirical data, now." and then you go on a rant that the ingredients list is misleading?

You asked for ingredients so I went to the source. And, yes, they kind of have to fully disclose all ingredients used. I assume if I would have posted nutritional information without a source you would have vehemently bashed me for doing so.

In other words you haven't ANY empirical data because you haven't actually done anything
for either cause except post links anyone can google. I already know what the *official* posts
say with regard to carb, calorie and ingredient content

What empirical data do you want? I'll post what you asked me...

I don't even know what that means, and it damn sure has nothing to do with my original post.

The title of this thread is:
"Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story"

It is not "Let's google Nutritional Facts for Carl's Jr. and McD's"
nor is it "Unusual temperatures inside of a Van (a Home) (an office) cannot prove decomposition."

...which is precisely why my original post was addressing why the story is bogus. What the hell are you trying to do here?

Different environments....
SAME result.

So you say.....

Since the burden is upon you to establish (why you feel) my petty anecdotes
are meaningless why don't you get to work with some empirical data to disprove my claims?

See, this is the way it works in life.

-YOU make a claim against me.
-YOU have to prove your claim against me, and my testimony is untrue.

-Can you?
-Will you?

If you can't wrap your head around confounding factors, then I certainly don't expect you to understand why your single experience trumps other experiences that are in direct contradiction of yours.... (like the former mcdonalds employees experiences).

Let me show you how ridiculous you're sounding right now...

The moons presence in the night sky causes drunk drivers to wreck. My proof? It happens in America AND in the UK (different environments, same result). And drunk people can't be held to blame...they don't wreck during the day (and it's not illegal to buy alcohol during the day).....

....to take it a step further: I have even more proof....my brother drove drunk the other day and he didn't wreck....but when the sun went down and the moon came up....he hit a light pole.

Don't believe me??? Prove me wrong. After all..if you make claim I'm wrong, you have to prove it.

See how stupid that sounds?

new topics
top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join