It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about China

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Westpoint called us the devil chinese and I think and many others agree consititute violation of certain forum etiquette. How would you like others calling you evil americans? (I am not calling the americans evil; I am just saying this is not the type of language to be tolerated here). How am I trolling this forum while you and westpoint use this sort of abusive language while we don't?

What!!!
this it total BS I was talking to devilwasp I call him devil in every other thread I call him devil I don't write his full name I wasn't calling china devil I was saying uhh...devil (as in uh... devilwasp china has stolen...)You get the idea so stop trying to say I was insulting or stereotyping china even devilwasp can tell you I call him devil in all other threds

And stop talking about this nonsense about the native Americans we are talking about military tech sure the movement of the native Americans and the slavery of the African Americans is a shameful part in US history but it has nothing to do with what we are talking about!.

[edit on 18-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
yes leave westpoint he is not racist. i can see where you thought it was a racist remark but it wasnt ok?

peace man

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
so what they stole your tech? like the USA hasnt done it? like GB hasnt done it? like bloody germany hasnt?
look you need to figure out that china doesnt steal all of your ideas it just steals to stay in the game and protect its self.
also you say from who, ill tell you china has much land and many countries around her would like that land. i could ask the same question to you why does america need a multibillion dollar anti ballistic defense system? no one would nuke america IF they werent attaked first. for goodness sake man! did i say america is gona invade china YOU thought that up and said it, china has no need to invade any country.
hawkssss didnt need to answer you ,YOU werent talking to him. but i see how he could be mistaken. also how can you call clintin a traitor ? he was trying to improve relations with china if the two superpowers of the world are freindly then thats a good thing ,no wars.
also any country will steal better tech if it can if not to advance its tech but to see what the other country's tech can do against its tech.

We aren't talking about the US stealing, we aren't talking about Germany we are talking about China. your comment "so what if they stole your tech" tell it to the people they stole it from and see how they feel about your attitude. If you think it's ok and a part of life that isn't important give me your address and I'll be right over to steal your computer and your TV.

Your Comment "china doesnt steal all of your ideas it just steals to stay in the game and protect its self." is untrue, please READ my above post with examples included in it so I don't have to repeat myself.

You post seems to be addressing many different people but you reefer to them all as "you" maybe you could address each person and point directly so it sounds like less of a unguided rant.

In a final note, your comment "no one would nuke america IF they werent attaked first." Is ridiculous, if you are psychic than post in the psychic forum, if not than don't pretend to know what and why other people would do things.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

We aren't talking about the US stealing, we aren't talking about Germany we are talking about China. your comment "so what if they stole your tech" tell it to the people they stole it from and see how they feel about your attitude. If you think it's ok and a part of life that isn't important give me your address and I'll be right over to steal your computer and your TV.

Your Comment "china doesnt steal all of your ideas it just steals to stay in the game and protect its self." is untrue, please READ my above post with examples included in it so I don't have to repeat myself.

You post seems to be addressing many different people but you reefer to them all as "you" maybe you could address each person and point directly so it sounds like less of a unguided rant.

In a final note, your comment "no one would nuke america IF they werent attaked first." Is ridiculous, if you are psychic than post in the psychic forum, if not than don't pretend to know what and why other people would do things.

yes we are talking about china but i was using that as an exsample.IT IS A PART OF LIFE, thats why you prepare to defend against it. also i would liek you to TRY and steal my tv and computer, you can take the tv its bust.
whats not untrue about it? it steas to get better tech and in so getting better tech protect its self from aggressors.
well sorry i didnt adress all my replies i was a little preocupied but if i do it again im sure you'll remind me frequently.
also who is gona nuke america? what purpose does this serve? the answers are no one and none.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
@Westpoint,

I apologize for that. Indeed, you were just calling devilwasp devil. lol

@Devilwasp

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
@Westpoint,

@Devilwasp

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
@Westpoint,

@Devilwasp

I pointed that out on the last page, if you had read my posts you would have seen that. I think I can safely say the reason our conversation isn't getting anywhere is because you are not reading what I'm saying. case and point I'm done.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
john smith mabye he isnt listening cause he doesnt want to.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes thanks devilwasp ill start calling you devilwasp from now on and hawks mistake was an honest one so no harm done

Also john smith yup it is annoying sometime when people don't read your thread and keep saying the same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
American,Arogan Country

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS tiger_lie.
Maybe you can contribute a little more than that?

You've unearthed a reaaaaallly old thread here..

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Hawkssss, while I learn more about China-Taiwan relations I become a bit more moderate towards China, I still understand one thing you seem to not understand.

America doesn't care if you build the best military on the earth because America's policy towards china has never been conventional.

If we were to ever go to war against you, you would lose 600 billion people instantly and your 30 some odd Strategic weapons would be swiftly taken care of.

That is why militarily we really do not give a crap.

Politically (because we'd really hate to turn you into a stoneage exhibit) we care much more, and because of that you seem to have some belief you are "winning" some kind of fight.

It's not a fight, we want you to be better, because better means more stable and more stability means less chance of regional dung flinging and possible rogue nuclear attacks by internal up-heavals.

This is just an easy sum-up...more complicated it would be better you know that China's goals are not militaristic either, China wants to be recognized as a Great Power, not be obliterated in a Nuclear Holocaust.

In 1975 that pretty much happend when the "1 China policy" took effect, which to the others on this board who think war with China and Taiwan is imminent, should greatly look into to realize why war with China and Taiwan and consequently the Nuclear response by America that would follow, is not imminent.

Also China's Navy is still petty compared to ours.

Oh and WestPoint's point brings up a memory, China imports most of its food from...America.

Just thought you'd want to know that

That doesn't mean America is far beyond China's reach, in fact it just means we are interdependent and both of us winning is better than both of us losing, there is no China wins or America wins. Either we win together or lose together.

WW1 and WW2 taught Europe that.

WW1 destroyed 5 empires.

WW2 destroyed many nations and 1 empire that America than had to rebuild.

The game is far different now than the way you are assuming Hawkssss.

D**mm you said it

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I wish i was her at this forum earlier. Some of the most stupid things i ever heard in this thread

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the chinese great power is to pirate and copycat other technologies and mass produce it and sold back to other.... this is cost-effective.
china will play influence through the soft power...
chinese always say: "u have a strong teeth, and soft tongue, when u old, most ot teeth gone, but likely u keep ur tongue"

strong soft-power must backup with moderate strength, that what china do...
china may not have MAD in physical but they do have MAD in Economy.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
...why doesn't china try to build a car first then wrry about jets all you are good at is making toys for Mc Donalds

China has something like 160 domestic car manufacturers. Most likely they are not yet advanced as western or Japanese - but you know how Japanese cars were (perceived) in the 1970's and 1980's, and where they are now.

It is only a matter of time. After the t-shirts, socks, linnen, electronics etc. - a tsunami of Chinese cars will come.

Paranoid Duck

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
all form of power all related to Money(surplus)...
We see all other great powers in world, majority they collapse from inside, the external factor just exaggerated the progression.

All about is money, why war, those day we going to war is to exploit other's fortune, but now i can do it by capital...

now, communist they learned, they become more capitalist than a capitalist.

by the way, free trade also alter the nature of communist, by time, they had to change, people power may not able to bring down them, but the power of money will...

see Kuwait, weak country, but willing to pay US for war, and they get back their homeland from Iraq

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
China is really a powerful country. You can't call a country that has 400 nukes weak. The PLAN is now receiving new SSBNs from Chinese shipyards, at the same time Bliar is disarming Great Britain.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
@Agent47,

Wow, you are kinda of sensitive, aren't you! I just read some stuff on this forum that prompted me to compile this list so that people won't make ignorant remarks such as "china can't scrap enogh money to do that" or "China can't even nuke the US" etc. If you are well aware of these facts, kudos to you. But, let's just be a little less tense, ok?

BTW, I never mentioned the Iraq situation and how to look at the US debt problem is up for grabs; even famed economists have different opionions so why can't I take a view.

Cheers.

Isn't like 60% of the Chinese population living on border line poverty???

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger_lie1
American,Arogan Country

And other countries arent? Please take that crap somewhere else as it doesnt belong in the current discussion, though it appears that this thread has derailed anyhow.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenolover
the chinese great power is to pirate and copycat other technologies and mass produce it and sold back to other....

That was before. Now China is now the world second leader in R&D:

China will become world’s second highest investor in R&D by end of 2006, finds OECD

www.oecd.org...

I think people in the West will take a while to appreciate how China really works.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join