It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

So you're saying I'm a false Christian? How nice of you! judging.
Remember I was a Christian. Not a member of one group.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I suggest you read the whole thing from mathew 27 v 1 to v 10

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
.....Anyone who makes the flippant comment that "I'll cheer once the crazy Christians are gone" is either foolish or vacuously stupid -- if the "crazy Christians" were to go away, it means that they were right, you are wrong, and only an utter fool would spend those seven years living a life in service to the obviously wrong choice.

Excellent, balanced post adjensen...cool name btw!

T (crazy xtian)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

The OT knows nothing. What is that supposed to mean? How can the OT mean nothing and yet you take from it?
What king of king are you friends with?
en.wikipedia.org...
There are numerous ones that have been.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

I'm afraid that how it seems to me , also. So far, anyway. I'm ever hopeful that one day I'll be reading and, woah, I'll have something revealed to me that shows me we'll not have to suffer thru. But, no luck so far!

Sobering, for sure

Stay alert, ever watchful....

We are on the right side

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Sure I'll read it. When you can give my links a chance.
Of course I already know the New Testament is all lies anyway.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I never stated that you were a "false christian." I said you were not like me, because there is only one of me. I also stated that you could never have been like me. That is just the truth. I have yet to judge you, RR. I think you might be seeking to find the truth, and if you truly are, you will find what you seek. Just don't let disillusionment with men harden your heart to the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
......Why would God have to become a man to forgive our sins...?

A great question...because lambs aren't human I guess?

OT

ps: its a sacrifice thing....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Of course I already know the New Testament is all lies anyway....

Isn't that a bit of hyperbole?

Does it help the discussion?

OT

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yes, our small group has been doing just that. He has said to just "watch." So, that's what we do.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There is no Truth in any religious belief. When you get down to it they are so similar it is mind blowing. You can continue to say you're not religious. But you are a religious person. Why should I follow Jesus if he never full field the Messianic prophecies? I can't have faith for that? Also why should I worship him? God insisted we only worship him.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No... Yachannon BAPTISED Yeshua

I thought John the Baptist anointed Jesus? Where was God? Of course these proofs you hold cant even hold water.
lol

www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Sacrificial thing? Jesus you're insane.

There are a number of requirements for a sacrifice to be valid or it is completely disqualified and will be an abomination to G-d. These requirements are as follows: 1. The sin offering must be brought forth by the person seeking atonement, and slaughtered either by the sinner or by the priest. 2. Death must be caused by a sharp, perfect blade cutting across the neck, resulting in blood loss and swift death. 3. The offering must be physically unblemished. 4. In the case of mammal offerings (bulls, lambs, etc.) the offering must be less than one year old. 5. In the case of mammal offerings, the mammal must have cloven hooves and chew cud. 6. The sacrifice must be brought at the Temple 7. The sacrifice must have its blood taken by a priest and sprinkled on the altar. 8. The sacrifice must be salted. Since Jesus did not fulfill even one of the eight precepts listed above, it's clear that his death could not be the atoning sacrifice Christians claim it is.

www.messiahtruth.com...
Looks like we can count sacrifice out. So do you agree with the OT or hate it for proving you wrong?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Define "religious" for me, wouldja? And I also stated that I worship Father God . Read what I write, not what you think you see.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

being left behind by god's forces would prove god was not the god god was suppose to be.

what would jesus do? jesus would do exactly what jesus did. jesus left.

1) What would be the first thing you’d do? Call mom?

i would laugh. both at everyone else and myself.

2) What do you think your government would do? Martial law?

we are already under martial law. you didn't think they would announce it to everyone simultaneously via the msm did ya? that is not how martial law works.

3) Would you read the dusty bible on the shelf?

no. and i never will read the bible. how many generations need to hear that thing once a week before it becomes engrained upon our dna?

4) Would you take the ‘mark of the beast’ to eat?

everyone already has the mark of the beast. it is written at the genetic level upon our cells. it is their priorities and first loves, not the truth, but rather all their first loves that begin with the sixth level of the alpha bet.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: to change something

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

All men wrote the Bible and their stories are copies of others. I just love proving these religious fanatics wrong with all their religious material.

You are considering becoming a Jew, did I read that earlier?

Did Moses, David and the prophets write the OT? Than what do you look to for Jewish authority?

OT

ps: men?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yachannon? Where is he in the NT? John The Baptist baptized him. You shouldn't twist your text around.
Check this link out!
www.messiahtruth.com...

Maimonides writes (Laws of Kings 11:4) the criteria for identifying the messiah: "If a king will arise from the House of David, diligent in Torah study and the fulfillment of mitzvahs - of the written and Oral Law – like David his ancestor, and will compel all the Jews to go in its [the Torah's] path . . and builds the Holy Temple and gathers the Diaspora [to the land of Israel], this is certainly the Messiah." Jesus did not fulfill any of the basic duties of the Messiah. Additionally, the Bible is replete with prophecies about the Messianic Era (see for example Isaiah 11) which were never realized. To put it in simple words: If Jesus is the Messiah and this is what Redemption is all about -- who needs the Messiah? The Messiah I await will fulfill all the promises of world peace and global monotheism which are vividly described by the prophets.

I would love to talk to you about this, but I am quite busy now. However, very soon the Holy Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt, and Jews from all corners of the world will once again be living Jewishly and peacefully in Israel. If at that time it is apparent to you that Jesus had anything to do with it, or if you even happen to see him around at that time, meet me in a Jerusalem Café and we will discuss it then.”

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

ET!

sup!!!!!!!!!!!

You ok?

Thx for stoping by, friend

I'm having a cold one watching CNN and waiting for the Jet beat-down to the Ravens, doing a lil ATS-ing

Rapture, huh?

Oh, I was the OP....

"that was funny, I don't care who ur" -mater

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Jews call themselves the children of God. Shouldn't they all be saviors then? The Messiah concept is not a Savior concept.
Jesus did not keep the law, he preached against it.
www.askmoses.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

pss: Ease up on those "warns" ok?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join