It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
……Believers, you, please chime in to, ok?

The........RAPTURE!!!

The supposed-event has gotten some attention here on ATS this week…with yet another “doomsday prediction” off the MARK…no pun intended…

“The RAPTURE, huh, OT, what's that? Sounds like a sexy ROMANCE novel?”

“Yeah it does, but here’s a short 3 minute video of an Aerosmith remake “DREAM ON” that kinda explains it…
www.youtube.com...#!

Skeptic, What if Christianity was true and you learned that truth by losing a loved one right in front of your eyes? And they disappeared?

The only detailed descriptions of the rapture are given by Apostle Paul and occur in 1Corinthians 15:51-53 and 1Thessalonians 4:13-18.

In 1 Corinthians, Paul states:

[15:51-53] Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead in Christ will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Paul also describes the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4, where he says:
[4:13-18] Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

SO……..

Let’s just say it really happened and you were there…and stayed ‘here’….

1) What would be the first thing you’d do? Call mom?

2) What do you think your government would do? Martial law?

3) Would you read the dusty bible on the shelf?

4) Would you take the ‘mark of the beast’ to eat?

Thank you in advance for replying, this should be interesting?

OT

PS: For those interested, here’s a “survival guide” www.raptureready.com... I don’t know the author, btw…so please don’t hold me to the words, it’s just more info to contribute to the discussion.

And an oldie but a goodie rapture song by Larry Norman…it’s really a great remake by DC Talk that I love: www.youtube.com...

Man, that KMAX could sing!

= = = = = = =

All jokes aside, please let’s discuss your answers politely ok?

edit on 12-9-2010 by OldThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'd say thank god those those crazy rapture folk are going someplace I ain't .

Hell is going to be the place they end up going , but the nature of the fact they will be populating the place . I'll take whatever the alternative is.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil because: for line 2

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
1) What would be the first thing you’d do? Call mom?

First thing I'd do is think to myself "Well isn't that a kick in the pants..."

2) What do you think your government would do? Martial law?

Nothing really. Most of them would still be here, so no worries about order breaking down. So would most of society for that matter.

3) Would you read the dusty bible on the shelf?

Nope. It would be kinda late at that point wouldn't it?

4) Would you take the ‘mark of the beast’ to eat?

Nope. Don't really think I'd need to if the only one's left were non-believers. It'd be pretty obvious who got left behind and that in itself should be sufficient.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
and where do u get hes describing the rapture

so there only to verses about this or so u claim in te bible both dont include the word rapture

u now why cuz its amyth

some new age bs to lead real believer astray

some day the lord will beem us up ,so it doesn matter if we give in

i love reading the bible but i dont think the rapture is part of it

but this book has been messed with alot so its up to us wat we deside to be true i guess

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Pfft, you know those athiests, they still wouldn't even slightly believe it had anything to do with a God.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My first reaction would be to breathe a sigh of relief that some of the craziest people on the planet were gone, finally. If this applied to all fundamentalists then we might actually have a chance for real world peace. I would also hope that the believers would just keep going and not try to reincarnate and screw the place up again.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well..

IMO if Jesus does come down and doesn't pick me, what is left? Obviously the path to Hell is the one I have chose, I would assume that I would simply continue that path.

What would be the point? There would be no further redemption of souls according to the Bible correct? So regardless of what I did while I waited for the invevitable death imposed on me by God, I would be going to Hell.

Not much else as far as logic in that I would think.

Why attempt to reform yourself if you know you are already condemned?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Then again , the lack of it happening won't convince those evangelical rapturists it's because there is no god. All they'll do is go back up the hill the next day and the next and wait all over for it again.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If there were a rapture I would have to assume that there would be a LOT of people left here who felt that they should not have been left behind. People like televangelists, hypocrites, backsliders... the type of Christian people that just get under your skin because they don't practice what they preach - at all.

I'd develop a new hobby of finding these folks and then pointing and laughing at them.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
1) What would be the first thing you’d do? Take a good long leak/dump.

2) What do you think your government would do? What government? if the rapture did occur there would be 0 lawyers or politicians on the planet. Otherwise it would not be heaven.

3) Would you read the dusty bible on the shelf? Why?

4) Would you take the ‘mark of the beast’ to eat? Only if he is paying.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I will shake the hands of the persons next to me. Then I will check God and Allah are really one and see if Muslims are also abducted. If so...

Then it's time to party

I'm just kidding

Seriously except for maybe about 144.000 people there will be no such event at all.
With this knowledge I would be happy when I'm still around. But... hypothetically I would have sex and party with a lot of illegal substances to brighten the mood. Cause it would probably be the last change I'll get

Seriously aren't we living in hell on earth already. You go talk to Iraqis, Afghans, American families who lost there loved ones or anyone in a conflict zone.

edit on 9/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: to add

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
.....Why attempt to reform yourself if you know you are already condemned?

~Keeper

Hey keeper, thanks for the quick reply....I think there's time after-the-fact, OT's no theologian tho..., just 'played one on TV'....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Pfft, you know those athiests, they still wouldn't even slightly believe it had anything to do with a God.

Now why would you say that?

OT

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If there were a rapture I would have to assume that there would be a LOT of people left here who felt that they should not have been left behind. People like televangelists, hypocrites, backsliders... the type of Christian people that just get under your skin because they don't practice what they preach - at all...

sweet point on the tele's...very good!

hypocrites and backsliders? I dunno?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Why would we even notice 144000 people missing?

That would be just a slight rise in the number of missing persons reported in the US alone..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by OldThinker

Why would we even notice 144000 people missing?

That would be just a slight rise in the number of missing persons reported in the US alone..

OK, good point,

btw, did I say anything about the 144K?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have a question: what do you think Jesus meant when he said "as in the days of Noah, they were eating, drinking, marrying...until the day Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and TOOK them all away." Mat. 24: 38&39

Now, in this parable, Jesus gives us a direct view of the second coming. Everything is pretty much business as usual for the majority, then, it happens. In Noah's day it was the flood. In the end, it will be Jesus' return. My question is this: in the days of Noah, who was "taken away" and who was "left behind".? Think about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

sweet point on the tele's...very good!

hypocrites and backsliders? I dunno?

In hindsight I might have chosen the wrong word in "backslider" as, in reality, all of us fall into that category, no matter what our spiritual belief.

I do stand by hypocrites though, elucidating that I specifically mean that special kind of religious person who makes it a practice to admonish others for behaviors that he, or she, engages in themselves.

For example; A minister who berates a parishoner for commiting adultry when the minister is, himself, having an extramarital affair.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
Then again , the lack of it happening won't convince those evangelical rapturists it's because there is no god.

Hey GTG!

Thx, ru saying they'd............

"recalibrate the date"

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
.....what do you think Jesus meant when he said "as in the days of Noah, they were eating, drinking, marrying...until the day Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and TOOK them all away." Mat. 24: 38&39

Now, in this parable, Jesus gives us a direct view of the second coming. Everything is pretty much business as usual for the majority, then, it happens. .....

So JB35, you think, it will happen in a stealthy manner?

OT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join