It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by OldThinker

sweet point on the tele's...very good!

hypocrites and backsliders? I dunno?

In hindsight I might have chosen the wrong word in "backslider" as, in reality, all of us fall into that category, no matter what our spiritual belief.

I do stand by hypocrites though, elucidating that I specifically mean that special kind of religious person who makes it a practice to admonish others for behaviors that he, or she, engages in themselves.

For example; A minister who berates a parishoner for commiting adultry when the minister is, himself, having an extramarital affair.

Got it, thx for the amplication...

I agree!

OT

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I don't believe in the rapture, period. I cannot find one piece of evidence for it, anywhere. But I do believe what Jesus himself said, that He would come as a thief in the night, but when He does, EVERYONE will see it!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

I don't believe in the rapture, period. I cannot find one piece of evidence for it, anywhere. But I do believe what Jesus himself said, that He would come as a thief in the night, but when He does, EVERYONE will see it!

OK, that's cool...

The TV/Cable/Internet would make everyone seeing it at once possible....neat how that concept wasn't even a dream when the NT said that, huh?

OT

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think that is why so much of it seems cryptic. We tend to read it and keep our minds focused on what it was like when it was written. That is not the way it was intended to be, I believe. We are supposed to realize that, yes, it' history because it already happened once, but it was prophetic. It applies to us now, and should be read with that mindset.

As far as His return goes, those that believe that they should be taken away instead of left behind, best remember who was taken the first time. It was NOT the true people of God. I know I'll be "left behind."

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Seriously aren't we living in hell on earth already. You go talk to Iraqis, Afghans, American families who lost there loved ones or anyone in a conflict zone.

Yes, it is awful for those and their families....

But NO this is not hell, that's another place

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
time to party like its nineteen ninety nine.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
time to party like its nineteen ninety nine.

PRINCE used to be cool....

OT

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna, thank you for taking the time to answer each question.....wisely, I might add

OT

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If Christianity was proven to be true and all of the "believers" were taken, I would simply kill my self and spend eternity in purgatory with all of the other Atheists who thought to do the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

If Christianity was proven to be true and all of the "believers" were taken, I would simply kill my self and spend eternity in purgatory with all of the other Atheists who thought to do the same.

Purgatory?

What is that?

The concept isn't biblical...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There is no rapture happening. There is no second coming in Judaism. So Jesus and his followers are con artist. This is like the 2012 scam that numerous people rally upon. Jews on the Anti-God revelation.
www.messiahtruth.com...
God even said you shall no other Gods before me.
www.messiahtruth.com...
Jesus is not God or the Messiah. So why should I follow a man that was a con artist many years ago?
www.jewfaq.org...

G-d is One One of the primary expressions of Jewish faith, recited twice daily in prayer, is the Shema, which begins "Hear, Israel: The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd is one." This simple statement encompasses several different ideas: 1. There is only one G-d. No other being participated in the work of creation. 2. G-d is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes. Any attempt to ascribe attributes to G-d is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite. 3. G-d is the only being to whom we should offer praise. The Shema can also be translated as "The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd alone," meaning that no other is our G-d, and we should not pray to any other.

Here it tells us God cannot take the form of a person or any animal.

G-d is Incorporeal Although many places in scripture and Talmud speak of various parts of G-d's body (the Hand of G-d, G-d's wings, etc.) or speak of G-d in anthropomorphic terms (G-d walking in the garden of Eden, G-d laying tefillin, etc.), Judaism firmly maintains that G-d has no body. Any reference to G-d's body is simply a figure of speech, a means of making G-d's actions more comprehensible to beings living in a material world. Much of Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed is devoted to explaining each of these anthropomorphic references and proving that they should be understood figuratively. We are forbidden to represent G-d in a physical form. That is considered idolatry. The sin of the Golden Calf incident was not that the people chose another deity, but that they tried to represent G-d in a physical form.

Of course this is why the The Anti-Jewish New Testament was written.
www.messiahtruth.com...
You have as well follow people who are false prophets.

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

www.messiahtruth.com...

So I say to you Christians. I would rather die then follow a false Messiah and false God then sin against G-D.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I am rather confused RR... Haven't you stated before, and recently, that you are an athiest? Forgive me if I've misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes I am an Atheist and I'm considering Judaism.
Trust me I know what I'm doing here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Oh........OK, thanks for answering the OP questions

one laugh each for the trinity

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hey if you want to act childish then fine with me. You don't know nothing about your belief system.
www.messiahtruth.com...
Looks like their is no Trinity in any of the OT or NT
Plus God can never become a man.
www.messiahtruth.com...
So keep laughing now and later I will get the last laugh.
Looks like I already proved you wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Looks like I already proved you wrong.

RR, Yahweh is a good pursuit. I wish you well in the search my friend

OT

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

As far as His return goes, those that believe that they should be taken away instead of left behind, best remember who was taken the first time. It was NOT the true people of God. I know I'll be "left behind."

I tend to think the take away happens mid/late stream in the 7 yr chaos...I dunno?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would guess that the aliens didn't want to take me, because I wouldn't be their loyal slave, so I'd be happy to see all the idiots go! If our "creator" wasn't good enough to 1/3 of the "angels" than it isn't good enough for me!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'm not sure what I think about that. Sometimes I read it and think it'll happen about halfway thru, then I think we may be here until almost the bitter end. I just don't know. I'm still learning and am trying to keep an open mind.

I really am referring to the "rapture" that so many seem to be preparing for. I don't think that those people have read enough of those scriptures to form an opinion of their own. They quote a verse here or there, taken out of context, and hold on to it with all their might because they are frightened by what may happen. I believe that they have let some man tell them what those scriptures mean, and won't further their own understanding for fear of receiving a truth they won't like. Or maybe it's just laziness on their part.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

Thank you for posting your opinion..

btw, sorry bout the Browns loss

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join