It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Tell me when you read about Sargon Of Akkad. What similarities do you see? Moses and numerous of others.
en.wikipedia.org...

My mother was a high priestess, my father I knew not. The brothers of my father loved the hills. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the banks of the Euphrates. My high priestess mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river which rose over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water, took me as his son and reared me. Akki, the drawer of water, appointed me as his gardener. While I was a gardener, Ishtar granted me her love, and for four and ... years I exercised kingship.

This is plagiarism right here that influenced the story of Moses.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

RR you are passionate, I'll give you that?

Where are you from (generically?)

OT

Have you considered decaffe for the avatar dude? Does he ever get tired....he's busy-er than Gene Simmons

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Are you talking about what city? I'm from Sacramento, Cali.
Or are you talking about race?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

There are two options for me if the Rapture happens, I would either:

Accept that Jesus apparently does exist and immediately repent.

or, and this one is far more likely:

Lift two defiant middle fingers to the sky and live my life as sinfully as possible until my inevitable damnation.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Now how many cold ones did you have?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Didja find the definition of religion for me yet? If not, here is the only one that counts for me:

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this:
to visit widows and orphans in their troubles,
and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
James 1:27

So , I guess I do strive to live up to this definition. I don't think you meant this version though, huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Are you talking about what city? I'm from Sacramento, Cali.

SWEET.......

Donald PPPPPPPPPPPP Geronimo!!!!!!!!!!! you know of him?

I was just there...beautiful

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I wouldn't go with a verse. But the dictionary's definition on it. What about others beliefs out there?
Don't they count?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is the second time you asked me about this. I remember from about two to three months ago you asked me about him. I don't know him but he's on the radio all the time in the morning and early afternoon.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't know? Do they count to you? I can only account for myself and my beliefs. I was under the impression that's what you were asking about, no?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well you know what makes beliefs true? They're just beliefs aren't they? So we would have to wait to see what is correct and what is wrong. No one can be sure. Everyone interprets it different.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Lift two defiant middle fingers to the sky and live my life as sinfully as possible until my inevitable damnation.

Again, what possible rationale would one have for the second option? You guys that "can't believe in Christianity without proof" would be getting exactly what you want, concrete evidence of God's existence, and which religion is correct. A religion that says eternal life simply comes from "loving God, loving everyone else", so it's not a huge burden.

Admittedly, during the time of tribulation that Rapture proponents envision, this will be a lot harder and more of a challenge, but, come on. Seven years (or less,) of fighting the establishment, in exchange to eternal life? What's the down side of that?

Your second action is big on bravado, small on sensibility.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. Just read my signature. That is truly how I feel. It is fun to debate it, though, huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yes it is fun to debate. Learning about History yes and no. Homework is so boring. lol
I can't wait to go to gamestop and see my friend get his halo game.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This is the second time you asked me about this. I remember from about two to three months ago you asked me about him. I don't know him but he's on the radio all the time in the morning and early afternoon.

oh ok, but you were an atheist then....I didn't remember talking with a seeking-judi-ism-poster before...sorry!

How's the "meaning-of-life" search going?

OT

ps: the second thing to go is the memory...heck, I forgot the first

pss: I'll give you the 3rd and 4th if interested?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Well, as badly as I hate to stop, my family does expect food at some point. So I'll have to go for a short while, but I'll be back!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yes, I was thinking about it. I had this dream of cute nerdy Jewish girl. She had glasses! You can't give up on something like that,

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yes, come back and we should play the game! I just lost the game btw,

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Again, what possible rationale would one have for the second option? You guys that "can't believe in Christianity without proof" would be getting exactly what you want, concrete evidence of God's existence, and which religion is correct. A religion that says eternal life simply comes from "loving God, loving everyone else", so it's not a huge burden.

Admittedly, during the time of tribulation that Rapture proponents envision, this will be a lot harder and more of a challenge, but, come on. Seven years (or less,) of fighting the establishment, in exchange to eternal life? What's the down side of that?

Your second action is big on bravado, small on sensibility.

Your not going to get far by talking sense on this one. It has already been foretold that this is the response that they will give when it happens. Those that truly are just seeking proof will see it and then believe those that are willful to be willful will not. No point trying to convince anyone on this really.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That u'll do, too?

I'm a WASP...but with no stinger

You still have homework?

Well good for you...keep at it friend, it u'll pay off eventually

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join