It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Really now? A suffering servant? We had to have Jesus to die for us to forgive us of our sin? Why couldn't God do that earlier?
Of course you don't know Scripture.

www.simpletoremember.com...

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant." In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. The Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a singular pronoun. Ironically, Isaiah’s prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the name of Jesus.

Here is what consider for sacrifices.

There are a number of requirements for a sacrifice to be valid or it is completely disqualified and will be an abomination to G-d. These requirements are as follows: 1. The sin offering must be brought forth by the person seeking atonement, and slaughtered either by the sinner or by the priest. 2. Death must be caused by a sharp, perfect blade cutting across the neck, resulting in blood loss and swift death. 3. The offering must be physically unblemished. 4. In the case of mammal offerings (bulls, lambs, etc.) the offering must be less than one year old. 5. In the case of mammal offerings, the mammal must have cloven hooves and chew cud. 6. The sacrifice must be brought at the Temple 7. The sacrifice must have its blood taken by a priest and sprinkled on the altar. 8. The sacrifice must be salted.
Since Jesus did not fulfill even one of the eight precepts listed above, it's clear that his death could not be the atoning sacrifice Christians claim it is.

www.messiahtruth.com...

Do you still think I'm wrong?
The same with this link brings up.
jewsforjudaism.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I don't have a "religion". Religion has nothing to do with truth, at all. I believe that religion has sent more people down the wrong path than anything else has, ever.

There is no way for me to convince you of truth. My personal relationship with Yahweh is just that, personal. I can't make you feel that anymore than you can feel how much I love my children. It's a personal thing, not a tangible thing.

As a matter of fact, it is not even my business to convince you of anything. I am simply telling you what I believe to be true. How you come to truth, if you do, is God's business. He certainly doesn't need my help.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Well you're following God the wrong way then. That is as much I can tell you. You are the same like everyone else. You follow blindly. When someone like myself uses Bible verses to prove you wrong you cry foul. When someone supports your claims and uses the same verses out of context you want shout joy. How hypercritical of you. Jesus is not the Messiah. He never fulfilled anything in the OT. Jesus is nothing a copy of pagan ideas.
www.aish.com...
Sad to see people like following blindly in life.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Well you're following God the wrong way then. That is as much I can tell you. You are the same like everyone else. You follow blindly. When someone like myself uses Bible verses to prove you wrong you cry foul. When someone supports your claims and uses the same verses out of context you want shout joy. How hypercritical of you.
Sad to see people like following blindly in life.

You really do believe you know all there is to know, don't you? I would never dare to state such a thing. I know I am ignorant, but I am at least open to learning. I just cannot see where you used scripture to prove anything. You have regurgitated what someone else interpreted for you. You open the scriptures and ask for guidance. Maybe reality and truth will find you yet. And try to keep in mind that everyone is an individual. You cannot place me in with everyone else you have known.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have had Judaism shoved down my throat since year dot. I know the scriptures, history of my people thank you.

Psalm 22 talks of Moshiach on the cross "the congregation of the wicked have surrounded me, they pierced my hands and feet, they divide my garments by lots" ... Then in Zechariah "And I will pour out My Spirit on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; THEN THEY SHALL LOOK ON ME WHOM THEY PIERCED, yes, they shall mourn for Him as one mourns for their only son" which is when Moshiach returns..

That is all by memory btw and on my android phone.. No copy.and paste here!

It has been tough for me to accept Yeshua as a Jew and as been a VERY long journey of searching, 22 years. Not a five minuet convo with a few hard headed jews.

EDA
Only the High Priest can attone for the WHOLE nation, so where is YOUR high priest and YOUR attobement? For without it, the whole nation is damned and has been since the sacrifices were stopped in 70ad at the sacking of Jerusalem, just 37years after Yeshua on the cross, who is the High Priest who cancelled out sin for all time "after the order of malchizedec"

edit on 13-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I am sorry it has been a hard journey for you. I wasn't steeped in Judaism, but worse. Southern Baptist doctrine! It has been a very long, hard road to follow to get anywhere near the truth, and every day still brings a surprise. Just when I think I have settled a question in my own mind, Yahweh points out that I know even less than I thought!

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Then if Jesus was the chosen Messiah. Why didn't he fulfill what was promised of the messiah? Judaism says the Messiah will fulfill right out his duty.
www.messiahtruth.com...
If you can check this link out tell me what you think.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The scriptures have to mean something right? If not then why do we have them? All of them are contradictions? Why have the scriptures when you have faith?
Most of the Bible is riddle in contradictions regardless so the verses can mean anything.
However you want to live your life. Tell me though. Do you worship Jesus? Do you worship him?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Though I am not a believer in the concept of Rapture, the responses here crack me up...

You are just SO smart. What an honor to be able to read your teachings!

Anyone who makes the flippant comment that "I'll cheer once the crazy Christians are gone" is either foolish or vacuously stupid -- if the "crazy Christians" were to go away, it means that they were right, you are wrong, and only an utter fool would spend those seven years living a life in service to the obviously wrong choice.

That would be me. Thanks for your comments. All that would mean to me is that they were gone, and that would be a good thing for the rest of the world which, if I may borrow a term, would not be subject to their vacuously stupid pronouncements and foolish scriptual nonsense. I suspect that in their journey the rapturous Christians would be saying, "Where are we going and what's with this handbasket?" Good riddance. Here's your hat; here's your coat. What's your hurry?

In my view, Emperor Constantine is the worst villian in history because his false conversion to Christianity cost the world an extra thousand years of misery at the hands of righteous Christians. All Christianity is is a highly succesful Cargo Cult, no dfferent than New Guinea highlanders who built runways and warehouses waiting for the cargo planes to land with all the goodies and restore order. St. Paul told his followers Jesus would return within their lifetimes. It's been 2,000 years and not a damm thing has happened.

Now THAT is the definition of insanity.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Then if Jesus was the chosen Messiah. Why didn't he fulfill what was promised of the messiah? Judaism says the Messiah will fulfill right out his duty.
www.messiahtruth.com...
If you can check this link out tell me what you think.

Born in bethlehem
Check
Of the house of David
Check
Road into jerusalem on a donkeys colt
Check
Was dispised by his own
Check
Took stipes for the many
Check
Hands and feet pierced
Check
Was killed with criminals but burried with the rich
Check
Was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver
Check
That silver bought a potters field
Check

Thats just off the top of my head and typing on this phone is a pain lol

Also see my edited post above

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I do praise Jesus, but not as my Father. It states that He is worthy of praise and worship, so I thank Him so very much for being the ultimate sacrifice for me. I need not kill a lamb and ask a priest to take my offering to God. I can go directly to Father myself. That is the privilege that comes with being a servant in the house of Jesus. The whole point of Jesus and what He did was to get us to a point where we can worship our Father. That is who we ultimately are supposed to aim to know.

I don't NEED scripture, but I do read it. I believe the majority of it was given by God for our use. It just has to be read and studied with His close guidance, to let Him correct anything that may have been confused or changed, purposely or accidentally. Yes, some of it was changed on purpose, to hide truth. Doesn't matter. Father knows my heart and that I only seek His truth. He will not let me be misled, as long as I am true to Him.

Yes, I truly believe what I state. Do you?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Share with me these verses then. How come mainstream Jews and others don't see these verses?
Is their a pointless conspiracy out there?
Of course the Messiah was to be a despondent of David and Solomon.
www.messiahtruth.com...

1) If the virgin birth is true (which is highly unlikely since it goes against the grain of supporting Jesus’ messianic claim) then Jesus cannot be the Messiah. 2) If you trace Jesus' line through Joseph (by which you claim Jesus inherits the throne by adoption) in Matthew's genealogy, then you run into the curse of Jeconiah, and Jesus cannot be the Messiah. 3) If you trace Jesus’ line through Luke's genealogy (regardless of whether you attribute it to Joseph or Mary) Jesus cannot be the Messiah because it doesn't include King Solomon; it includes his brother, Nathan, eliminating any legitimate claim to the throne.

Looks like you can erase that check.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Wow, you've got your work cut out for you!
I don't envy you, and i am glad you know more about Judaism than i do!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

When I was a Christian I was just like you. You can say I was not a real follower but I was.
Like I said earlier what is the point of scripture if there are numerous contradictions. As well similarities with other religions and ancient mytholigies? There are so many Creation myths out there they all can't be true and all can't be wrong. www.mythinglinks.org...
Tell me why are there are so many similar beliefs out there but they have different Gods?
Jesus is also the same with other pagan myths.
www.pocm.info...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You do know Judas died to different ways in the NT right?

Matthew 27:5
And he [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

No mention of a field here.

Of course your referring to this verse here I supposed.
Acts 1:18
Now this man [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Both of them can't be true.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ruth was a gentile and Davids direct ancestor, that would exclude him, another was a gentile whore, surely that excludes the whole lot then huh?

Its God who annoints The King NOT man, and His choice not ours, Rabbis do not know the mind of God no matter what they think!
I will post relevant scriptures later when i get to a computer

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You could never have been a "christian just like me". There is only one of me, get it? Of course there are false Christs in other religions, myths, what have you. It only makes sense, huh? People could never be misled if there weren't just enough truth in those myths to suck you in.

As far as scripture goes, I believe I have already stated how I handle that. I also find much of it very beautiful and comforting to read. So sue me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by adjensen
Anyone who makes the flippant comment that "I'll cheer once the crazy Christians are gone" is either foolish or vacuously stupid -- if the "crazy Christians" were to go away, it means that they were right, you are wrong, and only an utter fool would spend those seven years living a life in service to the obviously wrong choice.

That would be me. Thanks for your comments. All that would mean to me is that they were gone, and that would be a good thing for the rest of the world which, if I may borrow a term, would not be subject to their vacuously stupid pronouncements and foolish scriptual nonsense.

Again, you are missing the point, and I'm sorry that I insulted you by pointing it out.

If the Christians are gone, taken up by some sort of Rapture, IT MEANS THAT THEY ARE RIGHT. Which means that you will suffer seven years of "hell on Earth", concluded by a war to end all wars, followed by judgement by Christ, followed by eternal damnation. What part of that sounds like it's a good trade for not having to listen to evangelicals preach at you?

I am not an evangelical, I do not believe in the Rapture, and I respect and support whatever your personal belief or non-belief happens to be. I am merely pointing out that, should these "Left Behind" guys be correct, that would be one heck of a "uh-oh" moment for anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear. To think otherwise is folly.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by OldThinker

What does that have to mean to me? You Christians don't know what you're following yet you act like you know everything in the book.
www.messiahtruth.com...
Read it and weep!

RR, OT knows nothing friend...

I am just best friends with the king of kings, nothing due to my goodness/smarts/etc btw....maybe longer than you have lived, I dunno?

No criticism from me....I hope you find/sustain peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I thought John the Baptist anointed Jesus? Where was God? Of course these proofs you hold cant even hold water.
lol

www.messiahtruth.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join