It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hopefully! I know I would be great with the military. Not a know it all but studying history a great bridge to seeing how countries of today came to be. You'll be shock to see what you can find out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

There are two options for me if the Rapture happens, I would either:

Accept that Jesus apparently does exist and immediately repent.

or, and this one is far more likely:

Lift two defiant middle fingers to the sky and live my life as sinfully as possible until my inevitable damnation.

Again, what possible rationale would one have for the second option? You guys that "can't believe in Christianity without proof" would be getting exactly what you want, concrete evidence of God's existence, and which religion is correct. A religion that says eternal life simply comes from "loving God, loving everyone else", so it's not a huge burden.

Admittedly, during the time of tribulation that Rapture proponents envision, this will be a lot harder and more of a challenge, but, come on. Seven years (or less,) of fighting the establishment, in exchange to eternal life? What's the down side of that?

Your second action is big on bravado, small on sensibility.

Your not going to get far by talking sense on this one. It has already been foretold that this is the response that they will give when it happens. Those that truly are just seeking proof will see it and then believe those that are willful to be willful will not. No point trying to convince anyone on this really.

jovi1, good point, but remember OT is a pray---er, thx to my beautiful bride and God's awesome grace...miracles do occur....

TS will make the first choose, and I'll be the first person he sees after the decision...welcoming him to the KING.

ATS and BTS have no idea of the scope of their influence...this record will affect generations...or maybe some already know this...hmm????

either way, I'm honored to be a small part...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well, as badly as I hate to stop, my family does expect food at some point. So I'll have to go for a short while, but I'll be back!

What's for dinner?

Your family is blessed to have you...love on um....they'll be 25 before you know it

.....seriously, time moves faster for parents/grandparenets, than WE WANT...been there, done that, got the t-shirt and all

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yahchannon is Hebrew for John... His proper name

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yachannon? Where is he in the NT? John The Baptist baptized him. You shouldn't twist your text around.
Check this link out!
www.messiahtruth.com...

Maimonides writes (Laws of Kings 11:4) the criteria for identifying the messiah: "If a king will arise from the House of David, diligent in Torah study and the fulfillment of mitzvahs - of the written and Oral Law – like David his ancestor, and will compel all the Jews to go in its [the Torah's] path . . and builds the Holy Temple and gathers the Diaspora [to the land of Israel], this is certainly the Messiah." Jesus did not fulfill any of the basic duties of the Messiah. Additionally, the Bible is replete with prophecies about the Messianic Era (see for example Isaiah 11) which were never realized. To put it in simple words: If Jesus is the Messiah and this is what Redemption is all about -- who needs the Messiah? The Messiah I await will fulfill all the promises of world peace and global monotheism which are vividly described by the prophets.

I would love to talk to you about this, but I am quite busy now. However, very soon the Holy Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt, and Jews from all corners of the world will once again be living Jewishly and peacefully in Israel. If at that time it is apparent to you that Jesus had anything to do with it, or if you even happen to see him around at that time, meet me in a Jerusalem Café and we will discuss it then.”

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If he's only taking people that believe in a traditional Christian god then London would remain more or less unchanged, I doubt anyone would even notice. All of my local shops are run by Turkish Muslims anyway so at least I'd still be able to buy cigarettes and my regular cafe is run by a Moroccan so I'd still be able to get a yummy burger.
My barber is a born again Christian so I might have to find somewhere else to get my hair done (although he is also gay and French so he might be left behind)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oh dont get me wrong I don't want anyone to suffer that but it isn't within the scope of my ability to force them to do. So while it is something I myself could never understand I just accept that there will be those that will not humble themselves.

edit on 9/13/2010 by Jovi1 because: incomplete thought

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
If he's only taking people that believe in a traditional Christian god then London would remain more or less unchanged, I doubt anyone would even notice. All of my local shops are run by Turkish Muslims anyway so at least I'd still be able to buy cigarettes and my regular cafe is run by a Moroccan so I'd still be able to get a yummy burger.
My barber is a born again Christian so I might have to find somewhere else to get my hair done (although he is also gay and French so he might be left behind)

Funny post Dave...thank you!

OT wishes he had HAIR
to cut

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah, well, I have one daughter in college, one son in high school and one son just started pre-school! So I'm afraid that I am experiencing all the joys and pains all at once!

I had a Hee-Haw flashback: "What's for supper, Grandpaw?" Do you know Hee-Haw? May have dated myself there

Anyway, supper is potroast with potatoes, carrots and onions, creme peas, cornbread and 10-greens salad! YUM YUM!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

ps: don't let my avatar fool you...that ain't me

But Robert D had some locks back in the day...great movie, btw...have you seen?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Yeah, you dated your self...

kinda like mel tillis and roy..and, oh well...see here: www.bing.com... aw%20youtube&FORM=VIRE1

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Oh, well, I earned every year!
And that is still one of the best variety shows ever, corn and all!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Variety shows? You guys still watch television? I haven't watched a television program in a while. I do watch shows online.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Naw, I don't do t.v. This was a variety show from the seventies. Just as good as Carol Burnett or Dean Martin! Even better than Laugh-In

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I only remember the programs I watched as a child. Now it seems everything is a copy or just really pointless to watch. Jersey Shore is so bad. I don't see how anyone with a brain can enjoy those programs. Of course everyone I know does a drug.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Of course everyone I know does a drug.

sad but true...why tho?

OT

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Because it's the in thing. You know? Kids before they get older are being given pills and other drugs because their parents see no wrong. If there is a hell on earth Sacramento, Cali is it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I do watch shows online.

i carly?

I love the big brother...he's a riot!

OT

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Trust me, it's not just Cali. Even in the podunk Louisiana town I live in, most kids are medicated by the third grade. That's why it is so hard for them to see reality as they get older. They have never lived in it in any meaningful way.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Lord no! Stuff like the spoony experiment.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If I am gonna bother to watch something, it has to be Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or Squidbillies, American Dad, Metalocalypse, something truly horrifying!

Seriously, I know they're bad for me, but they're just so damn FUNNY!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join