It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I know a guy who's made this study his life...he thinks we go thru most of the 7 yrs...ekk!

OT

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I'm afraid that how it seems to me , also. So far, anyway. I'm ever hopeful that one day I'll be reading and, woah, I'll have something revealed to me that shows me we'll not have to suffer thru. But, no luck so far!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What does that have to mean to me? You Christians don't know what you're following yet you act like you know everything in the book.
www.messiahtruth.com...
Read it and weep!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Though I am not a believer in the concept of Rapture, the responses here crack me up... the remainder of this is couched in what the Rapture is claimed to be.

First, the 144,000 number is not the number of Christians that will be taken up. Revelations says that they will be Jews, 12,000 from each tribe, who are male, virgin, and will preach the Gospel on Earth. So you would not have a small number of people you might not notice, but sizable numbers of people that the powers that be will explain away in some fashion, but wouldn't be able to sweep under the carpet.

Secondly, at the Rapture, it is not "game over", it is the beginning of the period of tribulation that will end with the Second Coming of Christ. So if you're "left behind", you've still time to get on the bandwagon, though it will be vastly more difficult, as this period of tribulation is depicted to be horrible for those who don't ally themselves against God (which is where the hope of a Rapture for those already with Christ comes from.)

Anyone who makes the flippant comment that "I'll cheer once the crazy Christians are gone" is either foolish or vacuously stupid -- if the "crazy Christians" were to go away, it means that they were right, you are wrong, and only an utter fool would spend those seven years living a life in service to the obviously wrong choice.

Again, take all of that with a grain of salt -- there is precious little evidence for a Rapture, certainly nothing like what has been detailed in the "Left Behind" series of books. I prefer to live my life like Jesus may return at any moment, as it is far more likely that I will join him suddenly than he will join me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

There is no second coming in the Original Testament. Why would God have to become a man to forgive our sins, then after going back to Heaven, hide from us before the second coming? Makes perfect sense!
Of course sacrificing Jesus didn't do anything for sin.
www.messiahtruth.com...

And so, we are to believe that Jesus dying on the cross fulfilled the requirements of a blood sacrifice. There are a number of requirements for a sacrifice to be valid or it is completely disqualified and will be an abomination to G-d. These requirements are as follows: 1. The sin offering must be brought forth by the person seeking atonement, and slaughtered either by the sinner or by the priest. 2. Death must be caused by a sharp, perfect blade cutting across the neck, resulting in blood loss and swift death. 3. The offering must be physically unblemished. 4. In the case of mammal offerings (bulls, lambs, etc.) the offering must be less than one year old. 5. In the case of mammal offerings, the mammal must have cloven hooves and chew cud. 6. The sacrifice must be brought at the Temple 7. The sacrifice must have its blood taken by a priest and sprinkled on the altar. 8. The sacrifice must be salted. Since Jesus did not fulfill even one of the eight precepts listed above, it's clear that his death could not be the atoning sacrifice Christians claim it is.

Looks like this huge part of his life was meaningless then.
Poor false Messiah
www.aish.com....
There is no seconding coming for the Messiah and if there was one he would fulfill them while he was alive. Jesus didn't do that.

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28). 2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6). 3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4) 4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Jesus didn't do any of these things.
www.messiahtruth.com...

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Why on earth are you so intent on spoon-feeding us with crap that some MAN wrote? I would think you couldn't care less what these people think, because you are sure in what you believe, right?

I can't speak for anyone but myself here. It has a been a very long and hard-fought thing to remove all of the crap from my brain that was taught by listening to others tell me what to believe. How about you?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

All men wrote the Bible and their stories are copies of others. I just love proving these religious fanatics wrong with all their religious material.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I haven't quoted the bible. I have not shown myself to be a religious fanatic. So who are you speaking of, or to?

If I had never laid my eyes on scripture, I would still know that my Father God loves me. If I were never again able to open a bible, I would still have the faith that I have. My knowledge of God did not come from a book.

You might want to consider why it is you feel the need to inflict punishment on those who have faith.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

no punishment. Just correcting what they don't know. look at this link and tell me what you think.
www.aish.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

But those are things that I did know. I was raised knowing why the Jews reject Jesus as Messiah. My close Jewish friends say that it is taught from a very young age to reject Him, the same way we are indoctrinated with false teachings about Jesus from a very young age. That doesn't make it true, just traditional. They are believers in Jesus now, due to seeking the truth. They had to start all over at the beginning, discarding all that they had been indoctrinated with.

Since you have linked me with a site that quotes scripture, I will quote some: Jesus, speaking in a parable, quoted Isaiah
"Hearing, you will hear and not understand.
And seeing, you will see and not perceive.
For the hearts of the people have grown dull
Their ears are hard of hearing.
And their eyes they have closed.
Lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
Lest they should understand
with their hearts and turn
So that I should heal them"

Jesus was speaking directly to His people, the Jews. Don't you understand what this parable means? God does not want them to believe because they have a sign, something tangible to believe in. They have to love Him and the truth enough to seek it out. Their hearts must be willing to receive the truth. God does not blind or deafen them, they do it to themselves, because they do not love the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What is truth? Jesus never fulfilled the Messiah concept in Judaism so why should we follow him? I could care less about that parable. Of course Jesus was out for his own people.
www.usbible.com...
Take Jesus seriously and you will wish you were dead. That is the true meaning of salvation.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Wow. I am at a loss. At least I was willing to read and learn. Maybe one day you'll mature enough to realize that you don't know all there is to know. As for myself, every day brings something new to me. The only thing that remains constant is the fact of my God's love and truth. All the rest of it is a learning experience. Try it, you might like it!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Trust me I know more then you. How can the concept of God change from the OT to the Christian NT?
Think about it.

G-d is One One of the primary expressions of Jewish faith, recited twice daily in prayer, is the Shema, which begins "Hear, Israel: The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd is one." This simple statement encompasses several different ideas: 1. There is only one G-d. No other being participated in the work of creation. 2. G-d is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes. Any attempt to ascribe attributes to G-d is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite. 3. G-d is the only being to whom we should offer praise. The Shema can also be translated as "The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd alone," meaning that no other is our G-d, and we should not pray to any other.

G-d is Incorporeal Although many places in scripture and Talmud speak of various parts of G-d's body (the Hand of G-d, G-d's wings, etc.) or speak of G-d in anthropomorphic terms (G-d walking in the garden of Eden, G-d laying tefillin, etc.), Judaism firmly maintains that G-d has no body. Any reference to G-d's body is simply a figure of speech, a means of making G-d's actions more comprehensible to beings living in a material world. Much of Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed is devoted to explaining each of these anthropomorphic references and proving that they should be understood figuratively. We are forbidden to represent G-d in a physical form. That is considered idolatry. The sin of the Golden Calf incident was not that the people chose another deity, but that they tried to represent G-d in a physical form.

www.jewfaq.org... If it is immature to question religious logic then let me question the false teachings.
Who is your God?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Trust me I know more then you.

I think that this tells me all I need to know.

Who is your God?

He is the Great I AM, the Ruler of All, Yahweh, my personal friend. I am very sorry you don't know Him.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Know him? I thought I did when I was a Christian. Did you know Yahweh is similar to other Gods.
Of course you don't know about your God sense you say Jesus can be Yahweh.
www.mythinglinks.org...
Tell me what do you think of the Virgin pagan myth?
www.pocm.info...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Humor me!Atheist/Agnostic,what would you do if the Rapture really happened and YOU were left behind?
This actually implies that I wanted to come along and that they left me behind, so I can't give any real answer because, for now, I choose to stay here, If my mindset completely changes I will be completely changed, so the I from now cannot give you that answer.

Ego is in battle with enslavement, Ego will not serve in heaven or hell, Ego needs no place to reign. Actually we are looking forward to it. We are full of anticipation to wave goodbye to the ones collected by what some will call divine or supreme powers, we will be there in the second collection round, we will say our goodbyes again. After being "abandoned" by the crap, we have completed the process and are in Depth and Silence creating Thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I never said Jesus could be Yahweh. You take entirely too much for granted in your haste to prove that you are all-knowing. You could never have known the truth at all, and what you have stumbled into now is an abomination.

When you decide that you are ready to listen to truth and actually learn something, I hope that you seek the truth of Yahweh.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yeshua has two assignments, first was to be the suffering servant spoken of by David in the psalms (psalm 22) then again by Isaiah (Isaiah 54).. The suffering servant become the sin offering to all.. Then He returns to execute His second assignment which is to be King of Kings, to land on the mount of Olives (from where He departed) and split it into. To destroy the enemies of God by "the brightness of His coming and the Words of His mouth" and to judge and rule the nations with a rod of iron..

Judaism has never been able to reconcile the suffering servant and many of the mesianic writings in the Tanakh because of the flat refusal to accept Yeshua as Moshiach.. Those scriprures were allergorised so that they lost the reality.. My bretheren swapped the truth to keep the traditions, thus it has always been..
All the early Christians were Jews, some were rabbi's , Sanhedren members and even pharacies..

As for the rapture, Yeshua said Himself in Mathew 24 that the gathering of the elect does not occur until the final trumpet AFTER the tribulation.. It sifts the wheat from the chaff..

edit on 13-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Like I said your view on God is wrong. From reading the OT. Christianity could never be the answer these prophets of God had told their people to look out for. Think about all the contradictions. You say I stumbled upon an abomination? What abomination? Where is Jesus? How can I be sure on Jesus?
www.messiahtruth.com...

A true prophet sent by G-d will never preach a message contrary to even one of the Torah's precepts. If someone claiming Divine Inspiration, the Torah demands that this so-called prophet prove himself. In light of this, Jesus and Paul did some rather heinous things in their lifetimes. They completely vilified those who opposed their theologies, a crime from which stems two thousand years of Christian anti-Semitism. They did everything that a false prophet could do to loudly scream that he was false. Chapters 13 and 18 of Deuteronomy clearly define false prophets, and Jesus and Paul are the living incarnations of that definition.

Now are these people lying and taught from an early age to hate the truth? What truth are you talking about? Faith? How can you be sure your faith is true? Tell me what is your religion and who you worship.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I do not really believe in the rapture theory I really don't. If it happens great if it doesn't it doesn't really matter much. I also think if it does happen the world will be shocked as to who was actually taken as opposed to those who thought they would be. I do admit it makes a degree of sense, and can see where itd be comforting I just do not see enough biblical support for it. The biggest being it isn't something Jesus taught. Pretty much the rest of the bible I throw out the window as irrelevant, and not necessary.

1.) If it did happen the first thing I'd do is go out and get the friends and family together and figure out how best to weather the storm that is about to hit.

2.) The government would be business as usual to be honest about it I do not see much changing there those guys already sold their souls years ago.

3.) Really mine isn't so dusty but I'd definitly be paying attention to the whats to come part of it.

4.) Well lets see the apocolypse is unfolding right before my eyes in ways I didnt really think it would, um im sorry ill be taking the take off my head line. No real point to do anything else if it is all coming true now is there?

edit on 9/13/2010 by Jovi1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2010 by Jovi1 because: misdirected reply

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join