It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Kim Sun-Il, Captured South Korean Has Been Beheaded!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Also, the US made direct announcements for innocent Iraqis to leave before the war started. Many Iraqis left, others decided to stay in Baghdad and take a chance. The Iraqis that stayed saw their houses as more valuable than their children. I would have left if I had children in a heartbeat and knew there was going to be an attack on the city I was living at.

Have you considered the citizens who may have wanted to leave but might not have had the means. If the Us was going to be invaded, sure it would be easy for manhattan's upper east side folks to jet off, but the average joe in South Bronx might have a hard time getting out even if they wanted to.

What if you had a child in the hospital and couldnt be moved? Or your husband was missing/detained by Saddam's troops? Would you leave?

Does making an announcement of an impending invasion make it ok if civilians who stay behind get killed/become casualties of war?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
2) Each of these executions is the fault of - and a lesson to - those who keep insisting we negotiate with the "insurgents" non-violently. Hey guys, you can't negotiate with an uninterested party. The same way you wouldn't negotiate with a piranha before hopping into a river in Brazil, you don't negotiate with these extremists.

So how would you propose they deal with the US then?
Or the Nicaraguans, or the Venezuelans or the Phillpinos or THE NATIVE AMERICANS or ANY OTHER COUNTRY/RACE that has been defaceted on by the "peaceloving" americans?!?!?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Till every last one of the suckers that fell for the constitution of the US of A stands up and not only apologizes to the natives for the Genocide etc. but asks for permission to live on their land (continent!) then all of your moralistic ramblings all go to pot really, don't they?

The whole of the country is built on rape and murder, and now you feel hard done by!

LOL

My side are splitting!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
every one of us who can say "we will not negotiate with terrorists" is lucky. imagine, if the terrorists had your son/husband as a hostage i am quite sure you will re-think your stance.

if i were handling this, instead of freakin bombing a building without knowing for sure whether terrorists resided there. i would focus more on getting the help of the Iraqi citizens (offer a reward?) to divulge the whereabouts of these terrorists and send in special forces to quietly to deal with them.

if things go wrong-just keep quiet
of course, theres the risk of the special ops team walking into a trap with false tips but they should know what to do.

with these bombings, the political risks are too high i would say. all they have to do is plant a dead woman and child and if the press get a hold of a pic, it would be a nightmare. abu gharib?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My condolences to the family and beloved ones of Mr. Kim Sun.

May forgiveness calm your souls.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. And i have one more thing to say, these extremists groups have crossed the line now, there's no turning back.

D

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This is terrible, my condolences to his family. Let's hope the bastards who did this get their arses shot.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
"Anyone ready to blame this on Bush? I am just waiting for the first accusation"

yeah, no problem.
This is Bush's fault.

The current heightened activity by Al Quaeda is due to his actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Had you not invaded it is highly doubtful we would be seeing these beheadings. It is a directly linked to the media war Al Quaeda are now having to apply.

Had they remained a fairly small terrorist faction they would have been a contained threat the US could have probably dealt with. Now, due to Bush's actions they are a scattered, probably more numerous, and no longer collected under a single cause.

The blood of this dude, the last dude, and the dudes that will follow is on Bush's hands and I'm looking forward to him loosing the next election / dying of cancer... no hang on, cancer's to quick... actually, who cares, just someone assasinate him for godsake.

Frankly the only real hope this "war on terror" has is regime change in the US.

there you go.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I havent looked at the last unofortunate, I and don't plant to view this one . I wish not to become desensatised. His poor famaily must be in great pain.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I do not believe any one needs reminding that we are at WAR.
As disgusting and unfortunate any of these murders have been, they are acts of this 'modern" war.Many more civilians/noncombatants will be slain.
Last century was the most bloodthirsty to date, sadly this century doesn't look good.
One thing i know is hate breeds hate , violence breeds violence.
Say hello and smile at everyone you come across tomorrow, maybe even say a pray.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I actually kind of like Bush as he is in to the idea of space exploration. However, if he could reach his goals without having to invade and exploit oil from Middle East I'm sure I would appreciate him even more.

If his policies put life on mars and beyond... I think it's a great achievement, and that it's very much worth some "sacrifice".

Still sad about Kim though.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hope the annals of history record this period correctly. Is it part of some kind of horrid multitier propaganda war to rely international support, or is it the obvious proof of the depths fanatic Islamic externalist are willing to go, there for the world must unite to remove this disease. Can any one on these boards really say for certain...? One thing I thing we all can agree on, it's only the beginning. Lets all hope the end is one in which the human race can finally live in peace and enlightenment.

I know , wishful thinking .

[edit on C:Wedocu06e6 by Opus]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
News reports this morning stated that Kim's body had been booby-trapped with explosives. Luckily the officials that found him knew enough to expect the booby trap.

Makes you wonder how much more is committed on the battlefield that we are not being told about, thanks to the liberal media.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There's reports that there are sizeable protests are gaining
momentum...combining with anti-Iraq troop dep', protesters. 1,100 in Seuol (sp)
looking for link/transcript.......
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Maybe it is time we take a new approach to this. See these animals believe in execution such as this so let's show them there will be consequences for their actions. For ever person they behead we should take 10 Al queda prisoners, soak them in pigs blood and execute them by firing squad.

Look I know that is harsh and probably won't sit well with some people but lets face it, that may be the only thing these animals understand. You kill us, we kill you ten fold and we will be sure you burn in hell upon your death.

Seriously, this is getting out of control. If you are killed while fighting a war it is bad, but it is part of war. If you are murdered in the most aweful way such as a beheading that is a different story. Before you scream at me for being too brutal, imagine being alive and feeling that knife slice into your throat as they take your head off. You would not die quickly, instead you would suffer. Let's return the favor.

If the answer was as simple as "kill all of the bastards" we would've done it by now.

For every "terrorist" in an area, you also have ten thousand innocent people who don't want to have anything to do with them. People are people, even if they have brown skin, they still want to fall in love, have kids, raise these kids, work, and make a living. Most of them don't pick up guns and swear blood oaths against the US or swear fealty to the Saudis or to Iran or to Palestinian militants. Unless they have guns to their heads.

So, how do you kill this one terrorist in a group of ten thousand innocent people? Every conventional method the US has for killing this one person would involve killing anywhere from some to all of the innocent civilians. When civilians start dying, more terrorists start being created. These civilians have brothers, daughters, fathers, neighbors. Some of them will be *pissed* that you killed them, just as plenty of us in the US were *pissed* over 9/11 and joined the armed services.

Using war against terrorists is like using gasoline to put out fire. And this is exactly what they want to have happen. They're called terrorists because their weapon is fear. Terrorism is a very inefficient way to kill people (you get more kills/dollar through the US's conventional military), but it's a great way to destabilize your opponent because your opponent's citizens cry for blood, which only repeats the cycle and nets more terrorists in the end.

Are we prepared to commit genocide? Are we prepared to face an entire world that would be absolutely outraged by such an atrocity? Are we prepared for World War 3 and the end of civilization? No? Then consider:

This is not a conflict we can win with force.

What are we going to do instead?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I've lived in Korea for 2 1/2 years, in fact I have adopted it as my home and vist whenever I can. My impression is that the Korean people will want to withdraw troops rather than revenge. On the average, Koreans have a great disdain for Bush and the Iraqi invasion. This will only cement their disdain.

Koreans are so stoic. Visit a delivery room and you'll see almost all of the women there giving birth screaming in pain, except for the Korean women who will do it in silence. (assuming you have Koreans in your neighborhood, of course.)

There was a Korean family next door that we had known for 10+ years, and one day we found out that their oldest son had died in a car accident. It was months before we ever saw any of them cry, and only the mother when she had come over to visit by herself. And she only did for about a minute.

There's nothing in the world that's more heart-wrenching than seeing korean parents cry.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
hello.

I'm bored of the "soak things in pigs blood" bull now, can we stop it please.

firstly many of the "terrorists" you are fighting aren't Muslims. Secondly Muslims DON'T believe that contact with pigs automatically deny's you access to heaven, your deeds before that are far more important. Thirdly a suicide bomber is misinterpreting great swathes of the Koran, I doubt they are going to be bothered about the little bit concerning pigs and lastly "terrorists" are just as scared of normal bullets. The idea that they're happy to run into a hail of gun fire because they're going to heaven but would be terrified if the bullets were smeared with pig fat ( which they wouldn't know at the time anyway ) it completely idiotic.

The whole "pig fat" crap is just another bunch of tub thumping war mongering racist bull designed to dehumanise the enemy and make them look like primitive monsters so its easier to accept the mass genocide of innocent muslims during this invasion. I plan to put anyone promoting the old pig fat chestnut on ignore from now I suggest everyone else does the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Corinthas and all of the other U.S.A. bashers,
I do not know where you live. I do happen to live in the United States of America. I may or may not agree with everything my country does, but I am still extremely proud to be an AMERICAN. If you do live here in the States you should be ashamed of yourselves for verbally attacking thevery country that provides with a standard of living far above the majority of the population on this planet. Should you live outside of the States I can see where you might have a grievence against the U.S.A. However, if America is bad why are there thousands and thousands of people from every country in the world immigrating to the U.S.A.? When things go horribly worng in the world such as hostile take over, disaster, famine, etc. does the suffering countries look to and expect the U.S.A. to provide help, be it military aid, food, or the ever popular cry for financial aid? where are the U.S.A. haters then. Everything is fine as long as you need something, but like the spoiled child, as soon as you get what you want or need, you start acting like an a$$. We do not want anyone kissing up to us. We are glad to help those in need without expecting those in need tobow down to us. We do expect those in need to remember who helped them in their time of crisis. In other words do not bite the hand that feeds you. If it were up to me the U.S.A. would revert to isolationism and let the world stew in it's own troubles. I for one am sick and tired of having my country expected to hand out billions an billions of dollars to ungratefull countries who complain and bash the U.S.A. There will come a time when we can no longer be the world's benafactor. Remeber we do not have to have the cheap products produced by China, or have to send wheat to Russia, or money to the impovrished countries of the world. We can get along fine without you. If you thimk we are so terrible leave, and stop your citizens from immigrating here. If you do not want ot get along that is fine, but get off our coattails and make your own way in the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Mass Genocide? Does one think for a moment if the U.S., Britain, Russia, or China wished to committ mass killing of innocent muslims they could not do so, say, by noon tomorrow?

I think some should be a bit more explicit when they use the term "the Americans" in their discourse. To whom do these ats members refer? I do not for a moment consider even a remote percentage of the civilian population of the U.S. to be terrorist in any way shape or form. They simply are not so, and for one to believe this is to be delusional.

The military actions of the U.S., and other western nations, are always directed at self preservation. Threaten that, and you have war. The Islamofacists did just that, threatened the status quo of the western world, and hence, war. There is no way to escape it other than the Islamofacists defeat, or the defeat of Western Civilization. Which do you think will occur? I, for one, do not think a thousand beheadings will turn the tide of those in the West, and also some in the East. Russia, Japan, China, United States, England, the list goes on, these countries will not stand for establishment of Islamofacist rule in their respective homelands, and will continue this war indefinitely. We on this board may very well be in the grave before the end of the current hostilities.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes but the US is currently so easy to bash because its currently acting like an ignorant Neanderthal plank.

Presumably because its currently run by an ignorant Neanderthal plank.

Hopefully he'll choke on a pretzel... While his family watch... and laugh... and then commit suicide.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join