It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Kim Sun-Il, Captured South Korean Has Been Beheaded!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, at the very least, it looks like the guy was already dead or unconcious before they cut him. It's still horrible.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
anyone thinking the location and people in the photo look like the same people who killed nick berg?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mauskov

Islam believes that pigs are 'unclean.'

I meant there are tons of variants in the Muslim religion, just as in Christianity.
SNOPES had a good article on this misnomer.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ok ok ok, this may give me some grief, but here it goes. STAY OUT OF THERE !! ok ? real simple. these people are not coming to america and executing us, we are in their country. and they dont want us there. simple. but i suppose if canada had waged war on us for years and bombed numerous civilian buildings and homes (and called it collateral damage) and tried to force their way of life on us, and suddenly we happened upon some canadians down here, or worse, someone who helped canada wage war on us, we'd show them compassion and understanding. paul johnson and nick berg brought their untimely demise upon themselves by being somewhere they didnt need to be. greed brought them there and greed took their lives, unfortunatly. one day we'll wisen up

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Contrary to a recent post here, there are many, many Iraqi's who are very thankful to have us in Iraq, and they too are laying there lives down to fight the menace of terror.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
ok ok ok, this may give me some grief, but here it goes. STAY OUT OF THERE !! ok ? real simple. these people are not coming to america and executing us, ...

Beg Pardon? So those folks in the planes and in the towers were not executed? Or did that not happen here?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Have they started a search to recover his body? Will the body be buried in South Korea?

Coalition forces found his body west of Baghdad.
They are talking with S Korea as to how the gov't wants his remains turned over.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
ok ok ok, this may give me some grief, but here it goes. STAY OUT OF THERE !! ok ? real simple. these people are not coming to america and executing us, we are in their country. and they dont want us there. simple. but i suppose if canada had waged war on us for years and bombed numerous civilian buildings and homes (and called it collateral damage) and tried to force their way of life on us, and suddenly we happened upon some canadians down here, or worse, someone who helped canada wage war on us, we'd show them compassion and understanding. paul johnson and nick berg brought their untimely demise upon themselves by being somewhere they didnt need to be. greed brought them there and greed took their lives, unfortunatly. one day we'll wisen up

The koreans were there to HELP the iraqis. They had no issues or quarrels with the insurgents. The only reason why the koreans are sending combat troops along within the 3000 soldiers is because the insurgents killed one of their nationals last year, before then they had no plan to send combat troops just medics and engineers. The insurgent's plans are backfiring on themselves.

All they are doing is making it worse.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What did we expect,when we militarily invaded a high pressure Islamic situation,in the mideast?No ,no one should suffer a horrible death ,filled with terror,of course not.But it seems more obvious by thr day that,most Americans "did not know what to expect",as a result of a military invasion in te mideast.Many nations asked to join in the invasion "did know what to expect" and,should be respected in their historical knowledge of the peoples and histories ,of that region of the world.The gruesome vindictiveness of the recent beheadings,is nt "untypical" for the people of the region.Large swords and the quickness to use them is "first nature to these tribal peoples" first nature!not a drastic throwback!Remember!!!!! Even Saudi Arabia "STILL BEHEADS IT'S PRISONERS PUBLICLY!".A history longer than written language,is full of such "justice",Saudis still have hands amputated,for theft!Rapists can be and are beheaded today.The shock is:That the average American does not "know" the enemy!or their ways.The intent is to dissuade,and it works well in their society,no sending a thief to subsidized prison houseing and free room board,nope ,off with the hand!They usually dont repeat the crime!we arent dealing with western principles or beliefs or morals,we are on enemy soil!and should conduct our methods to a positive outcome,they will choose their methods of spilling "enemy bloodd,as we have chosen ours!Dont perpetuate by threats of Anihilation because ,they will thrive on the door you open to ,higher levels of revenge!They can export about any level here that we use there!let us "know our enemy!",and understand that the only true victory is to eventually,make friends of them:RE:Germany-----they too were gruesome as was :Japan..who also beheaded prisoners!don't incite to escalate but fight to "win peace".MAY ALL OF OUR COALITION TROOPS COME HOME SAFELY AND FIGHT WITH STRENGTH AND HONOR.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpamBurger
Well, at the very least, it looks like the guy was already dead or unconcious before they cut him. It's still horrible.

According to NEIN, Al Jazeera showed footage of the man kneeling on the ground, shoulders heaving and his mouth open. Al Jazeera did not broadcast anything other then the statement from the terrorists.

Has anyone seen more of this then just the stills on the news channels?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Eternal punishment awaits those doing these brutal murders. If they actually think they will get rewarded, maybe they should end it all now so they can enjoy their reward faster. These murderers must not believe hell is a bad place or that those who murder don't go there. They will learn after it's too late.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
what a shame about this... sigh. im not sure about the south korean being dead or unconscious before the execution though.. take a look at these links.

Time count 8:15:16

Time count 8:20:54

at 8:15 his head is up.. at 8:20 his head is down. looks like both vid caps are from the same setting if you look at the captors and their clothing etc.

my prayers are with his family.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by poosmoke]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdasd12345
anyone thinking the location and people in the photo look like the same people who killed nick berg?

A bit. Im starting to look at these images very objectively now. It appears that the location for both the Berg and Sun- Il beheadings are possibly the exact same place. Yellow wall, brown floor (sheet/rug?). Sun-Il's orange jumpsuit seems to be made out of the same shiny/silky material that Berg's was.

I'm surprised that this location hasn't been busted wide open by Coalition forces or Iraqi police yet.

And why is that terrorist on the left resting his trigger finger on the body of his M16/M4? I dont figure them to be too safety concious.

Something to ponder.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In the worst possible end to a hostage crisis that has captivated the world where a South Korean man who was taken by terrorists and later beheaded. Today the leader of his country issues an apology....

Full Report Link: ABCNEWS.com

SEOUL, South Korea June 22, 2004 President Roh Moo-hyun apologized to the country Wednesday after the beheading of a South Korean hostage in Iraq but said Seoul's troop dispatch was needed there to help rebuild the country.

"I am very sorry and deeply regretful that this tragedy happened, although all the people and the government wished and prayed for the safe return of Mr. Kim Sun-il," Roh said in a brief speech carried live on television.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What more could South Korea have done here?

Is there a chance that they could have saved this man against all odds?

The barbaric way this ended will show that no nation can ever give in to terrorists demands, no matter what the cost. What a painful decision this must have been. I for one have a greater respect for the leadership of South Korea now.

I believe that this particular beheading will not go unanswered by South Korea. and I am willing to bet you that there is justice on the minds of many in South Korea now. I have heard something like "waking a sleeping giant" but they have woken the little guy here and I think their days are numbered now.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by asdasd12345

No, actually, I don't.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I will just repeat here something very wise that someone wrote in a paper after 9-11...

"Allah is great. It is those who kill in his name who are small."

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here is what we should remember of the gravity of loss of each of these incidences...and this applies to these hostages as well as every coalition soldier and Iraqi civilian...it is not necessarily the loss of the person that we see that is the great wound to humanity, but the loss of the soul that could have forever affected the world in a positive manner. And it is the loss of the people who loved that soul that should be remembered, no matter their religion, their race, their nationality. Some where a mother, a father, a wife, and children grieve at the loss of their much needed loved one. Some fall at our hands, and others at theirs...none can be diminished when seen through the eyes of their loved ones.

Mr Sun-il's family at the moment the news broke.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've lived in Korea for 2 1/2 years, in fact I have adopted it as my home and vist whenever I can. My impression is that the Korean people will want to withdraw troops rather than revenge. On the average, Koreans have a great disdain for Bush and the Iraqi invasion. This will only cement their disdain.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I cant believe that some people are sympathizing and saying that it is our fault because we are their. These are murderes killing the innocent, people that are doing their jobs that have nothing to do with killing muslims. I dont care if we are in their countries, because we are not hostaging, beheading and then making movies about killing the innocent. These are murderers, and you are saying that it is ok.

I know first hand how much the army cares about not killing civilians. WE follow the dont shoot unless shot at code really closely, you have no idea how hard it is to fight like that.

Im disgusted with some of you.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I totally agree with crmanager...if Bush hadn't started this mess we wouldn't be having this happen. My heart goes out to his family. How terrible to see the poor man begging for his life...what must have been going through his mind. In my opinion Bush has opened a can of worms and instead of stabilizing the middle east he has caused it to go completely out of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join