It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Kim Sun-Il, Captured South Korean Has Been Beheaded!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Al Jazeera TV is reporting, and other outlets are confirming, that Kim Sun-Il, age 33, has been beheaded by a group linked to al Qaeda. Recent efforts to extend the group's "beheading deadline" have failed.
Al Jazeera reportedly received a video of the act. They aired brief moments of the footage, including images of the blindfolded hostage kneeling in front of five masked men. He had been dressed in a bright orange jumpsuit.

www.sky.com...
KOREAN HOSTAGE BEHEADED

Al Jazeera TV has reported that a South Korean hostage being held by a group linked to al Qaeda has been beheaded.

The Iraqi group accused of belonging to al Qaeda had threatened to behead Kim Sun-il, 33, by Monday night if Seoul refused to answer its demand.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Coalition forces have found Kim Sun-Il's body approximately 22 miles west of Baghdad.

Related News Stories:
ChannelNewsAsia.com

Related ATSNN Stories:
Iraqi Terrorists Threaten to Behead South Korean Hostage on Video
American Hostage Paul Johnson Beheaded; Video of Act Reported -- GRAPHIC CONTENT
Beheadings becoming popular

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 6-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Also reporting on sky news TV,

waiting for links

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I was just asking one of my co-workers if he had heard anything on this yet.
Very sad indeed. My prayers go out to his family.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

[edit on 22-6-2004 by asala]
Al Jazeera TV has reported that a South Korean hostage being held by a group linked to al Qaeda has been beheaded.

The Iraqi group accused of belonging to al Qaeda had threatened to behead Kim Sun-il, 33, by Monday night if Seoul refused to answer its demand.

Mr Sun-il's boss was reported to have made contact with the group via his Iraqi business partner, asking for the deadline to be extended, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said.

However, it appears his efforts to save his friend were in vain.

The kidnappers had insisted the South Korean government cancels the deployment of an extra 3,000 troops who are due to be stationed in the Kurdish area of Arbil.

Another sad day, My thoughts are with his family at this time

link to full story Skynews

www.sky.com...

also link to reuaters

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 22-6-2004 by asala]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wow!

These are some shameful times right now.

Anyone ready to blame this on Bush? I am just waiting for the first accusation.

Here, let me start.

If we were never there to begin with this would never have happened.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was on a personal level hoping this would not end this way. there was news this morning that the deadline had been extended. and the thinking was that there were at least talks going on.

I hope justice finds these barbaric animals.

Are we going to be faced with the beheading of the week each week in the near future? When will this madness end?

Gazz

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
oz reports...
news.com.au...
Sanc'.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 22-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Now the US is threatening to abandon the saudis and their oil...

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe it is time we take a new approach to this. See these animals believe in execution such as this so let's show them there will be consequences for their actions. For ever person they behead we should take 10 Al queda prisoners, soak them in pigs blood and execute them by firing squad.

Look I know that is harsh and probably won't sit well with some people but lets face it, that may be the only thing these animals understand. You kill us, we kill you ten fold and we will be sure you burn in hell upon your death.

Seriously, this is getting out of control. If you are killed while fighting a war it is bad, but it is part of war. If you are murdered in the most aweful way such as a beheading that is a different story. Before you scream at me for being too brutal, imagine being alive and feeling that knife slice into your throat as they take your head off. You would not die quickly, instead you would suffer. Let's return the favor.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have said it before these animals are EVIL and the entire muslim culture harboring them are just as EVIL. How many more heads need to roll before all these hippies defending this "peaceful" religion wake up.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Watching a man beg for his life and then be killed - this is so heartbreaking.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Are we going to be faced with the beheading of the week each week in the near future? When will this madness end?

Gazz

After Baghdad first fell, we were faced with the car bombing of the week. Then the rocket attack of the week. Since the resolve of our soldiers, and the Iraqi people was unchanged by those tactics, the terrorists/insurgents changed their tactics. This tactic, while gruesome, will also not change the resolve of the good people, and so to will change.

We won't be faced with the "beheading of the week" for long.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I feel heartbroken.

I remember his crying:"I don't want to die..."

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
4 beheaded and as I understand 10 more are hostage.

Damn I feel for those families...

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Maybe it is time we take a new approach to this. See these animals believe in execution such as this so let's show them there will be consequences for their actions. For ever person they behead we should take 10 Al queda prisoners, soak them in pigs blood and execute them by firing squad.

Won't work for a number of reasons -- including the reason that we don't have that many Al Qaida prisoners. Heck, we can't even FIND Osama and it's been nearly 3 years since 9/11.

Nor would that tactic work, anyway -- they believe it is glorious to die a martyr's death. They will do other forbidden Muslim things to get to their targets -- and that doesn't prevent them (in their views) from attaining heaven.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
MSNBC just reported that his body was found west of Baghdad.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

For ever person they behead we should take 10 Al queda prisoners, soak them in pigs blood and execute them by firing squad.

And the pigs blood would do what? Obviously you don't very much about the Muslim religion. I suppose the way the to get Americans is make them eat meat on a Friday?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
news.com.au...
Ministry confirms hostage beheaded
From correspondents in Cairo
June 23, 2004
AN Iraqi militant group has beheaded its South Korean hostage, according to a broadcast today by the pan-Arab satellite channel Al-Jazeera.
S.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
If we were never there to begin with this would never have happened.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My heart over-flows for the families of these people and the remaining that are held.

What a horrible, horrible act. It's hard enough to lose a loved one from natural causes, but when you lose them to the acts of plain evil it's another. I pray that God gives their families peace and intercedes with a great force against the people responsible for these acts.

I am so sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join