It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Kim Sun-Il, Captured South Korean Has Been Beheaded!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How would you feel if you were born and grown up in a less developed country being attacked with bombs and superior military forces and your friends and families (innocent) were killed for similar reasons America is now attacking Iraq.

If you found a "foreigner" that in some way represented your "enemy", Would you not just feel like ripping his head of and piss down his throat and broadcast the whole scene to them bastards (invaders)...?

While you sit home in your comfortable sofa in front of your computer reading the news about war and death... remember to change perspective now and then. You think you wouldn't kill or feel revenge? Bull#.

Given the opportunity, under similar circumstances... You probably wouldn't be such an angel anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
the middle east has always been a total mess, even before the first gulf war iran and iraq were at war for about 10 years. apparently it was the first gulf war that got all the terrorists rattled against the west. in the first gulf war, the house of saud allowed US forces to use saudi arabia as a base to attack iraq. the terrorists did not like the US on their territory and viewed it like we were trying to get the region over. apparently that was when the terrorists first declared their jihad on the US.

anyone could see that getting involved in the middle east in any way is a bad idea. with all due respect to the people over their, they are totally mad, hell bent on killing each other, and if the powers that be wouldnt have stuck their noses in they could have just killed each other without it affecting the rest of society.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by asdasd12345]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker

While you sit home in your comfortable sofa in front of your computer reading the news about war and death... remember to change perspective now and then. You think you wouldn't kill or feel revenge? Bull#.

Given the opportunity, under similar circumstances... You probably wouldn't be such an angel anymore.

Were you asking me to call bull# or just acknowledge yours? I'm unclear.

No...I wouldn't be cutting a working-man's head off. No matter who he resembled. And this is not "poverty" induced. This is intentional oppression and government-induced poverty carefully mixed with theocratic rulers' hate-mongering that causes this type of "bull#". A specific mix of really bad stuff makes this result.

Let's not diminish it by trying to apply the always inapplicable "you'd do it too" argument...no I wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
imagine you were part of a group of people who couldnt eat tasty pork (yummy pork chops). imagine that it was forbidden for you to have sex with women until marriage and you werent allowed to drink any alcohol whatsoever. Imagine if you were forced to pray 5 times a day, waking up at 6 am to do so every day. Imagine that for a whole month you had to starve yourself until it goes dark.

with all these stupid rules and stipulations, its easy to see why muslims are so pissed off at the world. its a part of male human nature to go out once in a while, have a few beers and sow some wild oats. when feelings get repressed you end up getting a sexually frustrated angry group of young men who are desperate to vent energy, and unfortunately this is what we get - terrorism. it all starts with the stupid relgiious doctrine that they have to follow.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
I totally agree with crmanager...if Bush hadn't started this mess we wouldn't be having this happen.

Yeah, and I guess we wouldn't have had 9/11 either, huh. This is sadly happining way too often. #4 now?

The more I think about it, the pigs blood thing would never work... the way they contort the Muslim religion to justify what they do, they will contort it just the same to exclude that from effecting them.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Truly sad. My heart is extremely heavy for the loss of the South Korean chap. His mournful cries shown on TV broke my heart. I have this view towards the terrorists, not and I stress not toward Muslim peoples:
I have more sympathy and care for a rabid dog than these barbaric animals. What does one do with a rabid dog? You put it down.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdasd12345
imagine you were part of a group of people who couldnt eat tasty pork (yummy pork chops). imagine that it was forbidden for you to have sex with women until marriage and you werent allowed to drink any alcohol whatsoever. Imagine if you were forced to pray 5 times a day, waking up at 6 am to do so every day. Imagine that for a whole month you had to starve yourself until it goes dark...

i am a non-muslim, however i live in a multi-ethnic/religious country that consists of a large proportion of muslim who practice what you have mentioned (well most do anyways).

from my experience, i have never felt fear of my muslim countrymen even those that practice islam religiously nor have they embarked in a crusade to execute westerners here.

these murderers are deviant extremists imo. there are bad apples in every society but that does not make them ALL bad. a few american soldiers mis-treated captives, does that make the entire US army bad? does it mean that the US govt condones these acts? i think not.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
To those predicting that the SK Marines will wreak havoc..I hope you are right but I remember people saying the same thing about the Russians when their contractors were taken hostage a while back. The Russians ended up packing bags and going home.

To be honest well, they probably wouldn't be as brutal as they were before because the situation (as bad as it is) is a lot more restrained then the situation during the vietnam war. However, I am pretty confident they will stay their course, their govt. is committed and their soldiers are eager plus they are still great fighters.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by gooking]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I've lived in Korea for 2 1/2 years, in fact I have adopted it as my home and vist whenever I can. My impression is that the Korean people will want to withdraw troops rather than revenge. On the average, Koreans have a great disdain for Bush and the Iraqi invasion. This will only cement their disdain.

I don't know maybe it is just me but this statement really bugs me. I don't love Bush, but I surely don't love the mob/drug dealer violent tactics that the militant muslims are using. I think some people in Asian countries have gone "soft" and isolated themselves from the harsh reality of the world. They reap the benfits of a secure economic system that US/NATO protection provides to not only them but the world. Hating war and killing is fine, but you have to stand up to evil and that means sacrifices and wretching emotional pain at times. I applaud South Korea and Japan for standing firm...you can't always have others fight for you...you have to show a united front.

I'm not going to get caught up in Bush bashing or US bashing, the US is not perfect, but it is not some evil empire. The militant muslims have made a choice to kill innocent people to affect change. They will continue to do so until....what? The US leaves the Arab world? Israel leaves the Arab world? Christians leave the Arab world? Non-Arabs leave the planet? Western influence will never leave the Arab world...look at Iran and how it "kicked out" the US, yet it still has people in it's country with satellite dishes watching US/UK shows and some wishing for a reconnection to the west. The militants are angry people that can't accept change...they are just like the KKK was and will continue to use terror as their tool because it is cheap and nearly impossible to defend against.

Terrorsim will never end, and no the US will never defeat it. Only fellow muslims will defeat the militants that claim to be helping them. The US people can always get rid of Bush and choose new leadership...the muslim world can not and will be led by these terrorists until they learn to reject them. Does the muslim world really want black masked figures that cut the heads off innocent people as their image to the world??

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just suggest that these sad behaviour could be executed all over the world by all kinds of people under the right circumstances.

Of course invading Iraq is justified... They are dangerous and have a lot of oil. I'm sure the iraqi elder, women and children killed by foreign military recently were all partly involved in attacking the World Trade Center too~

Also, more and more people are being called "terrorists" these days. Some might just be angry and throw stones at what they believe is wrong, then being gunned down or bombed as reply. Act of defence you may say... but why did he throw the stone in the first place?

Asians and Middle east people have many reasons to be upset with America. Don't expect to understand it unless you have the experience.

Disgusting as it may seem, but for sure there are reasons.

Greed was a good word I saw in this thread. Probably all there's to it.

If we could focus on rocket science instead so we can exploit space instead of our country neighbours perhaps we would all get more healthy creativity into our minds.
(Then again, I suppose we need the oil for that)

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I strongly believe that all these recent "beheadings" are fabricated, to incite the american public into supporting the war. Tell us we're in great danger from terrorists, and then label anyone "unpatriotic" that disagrees.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

the middle east has always been a total mess, even before the first gulf war iran and iraq were at war for about 10 years. apparently it was the first gulf war that got all the terrorists rattled against the west. in the first gulf war, the house of saud allowed US forces to use saudi arabia as a base to attack iraq. the terrorists did not like the US on their territory and viewed it like we were trying to get the region over. apparently that was when the terrorists first declared their jihad on the US.

anyone could see that getting involved in the middle east in any way is a bad idea. with all due respect to the people over their, they are totally mad, hell bent on killing each other, and if the powers that be wouldnt have stuck their noses in they could have just killed each other without it affecting the rest of society.

That's pretty good. And true. You may have hit on the answer here - ISOLATE THEM. Using your theory, lets expand it a little: The way to deal with all this beheading stuff is simple - TAKE AWAY THE TERRORISTS ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE IT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD. Once that is accomplished, the tactic becomes worthless to them. If they can't upload it to a website, take a digital picture, make a video, etc. they have zero political weight. These guys thrive on shocking the world. We've all seen the pictures. Take away their ability to shock the world, and their impact is reduced to ZERO. They will be flushed out, because they would then have to stage more and greater and higher daring operations (complete with the unmistakable trackable traces) that exist with high profile operations. In order for them to succeed, they have to "make the news".

How to accomplish this? Iraq should be completely EMP'd (electro magnetically pulsed) to the point where no transistor survives in country. Send them back technologically to the stone ages. Our military equipment would survive since it were "hardened". All of their video cameras, their computers, televisions, etc. - anything solid state, any communication device with a transistor is FRIED and become worthless paperweights. They are then unable to communicate - except by talking to each other - and therefore become IMPOTENT politically - immediately and decisively.

Simultaneously, you ratchet up the hunt for any piece of equipment that is still operational and drop a weapon straight onto it. Also - at some point, the "terror friendly" satellite channels must be taken out - from space - so that they are unable to beam signal back to earth. The greatest and worst thing to a terrorist? Not death. The worst thing is that he is unable to carry forth his message to a mass audience that he can and will terrorize - and therefore cannot achieve his ultimate political goals through terrorism. We are allowing them to communicate with us .... and therefore what they have to say has WEIGHT. Take away their ability to say or communicate ANYTHING. Force them to ACT out of desperation to try to communicate..., and then kill them in the act of being desperate. Desperation breeds MISTAKES. Capitalize on the resulting mistakes.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

imagine you were part of a group of people who couldnt eat tasty pork (yummy pork chops). imagine that it was forbidden for you to have sex with women until marriage and you werent allowed to drink any alcohol whatsoever. Imagine if you were forced to pray 5 times a day, waking up at 6 am to do so every day. Imagine that for a whole month you had to starve yourself until it goes dark.

with all these stupid rules and stipulations, its easy to see why muslims are so pissed off at the world. its a part of male human nature to go out once in a while, have a few beers and sow some wild oats. when feelings get repressed you end up getting a sexually frustrated angry group of young men who are desperate to vent energy, and unfortunately this is what we get - terrorism. it all starts with the stupid relgiious doctrine that they have to follow.

So why don't they just go get drunk, get laid, and pass out, like normal youngsters? I mean, it's not like someone is holding a gun to their head and making them practice this ridiculous "religion", is it?

Oh wait! We're talking mideast islamic culture, aren't we? Never mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
How would you feel if you were born and grown up in a less developed country being attacked with bombs and superior military forces and your friends and families (innocent) were killed for similar reasons America is now attacking Iraq.

If you found a "foreigner" that in some way represented your "enemy", Would you not just feel like ripping his head of and piss down his throat and broadcast the whole scene to them bastards (invaders)....

Would I cut people's head and kill them in that manner? no, and if you would then there is something wrong with you. one thing is to defend yourself and your family or avenge them, another is to become completly subhuman and take pleasure in killing slowly and by torture.

BTW...the coalition is not going house by house killing innocent Iraqis. The US was attacked by Islamic extremists and it was time to take the war to their own lands.

Also, the US made direct announcements for innocent Iraqis to leave before the war started. Many Iraqis left, others decided to stay in Baghdad and take a chance. The Iraqis that stayed saw their houses as more valuable than their children. I would have left if I had children in a heartbeat and knew there was going to be an attack on the city I was living at.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Iraq should be completely EMP'd (electro magnetically pulsed) to the point where no transistor survives in country...

wont this also destroy medical equipment being used to treat innocent citizens-women & children who are casualties of war? or are they "sacrificeable"? better them than us.

"terror friendly" satellite channels must be taken out - from space

so i guess we should tell CNN and all the other news agencies to stop sending journalists there and cease presenting any news from iraq/middle east.

can we truly achieve a "no news" situation from iraq/middle east?. i doubt so.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Also, the US made direct announcements for innocent Iraqis to leave before the war started. Many Iraqis left, others decided to stay in Baghdad and take a chance. The Iraqis that stayed saw their houses as more valuable than their children. I would have left if I had children in a heartbeat and knew there was going to be an attack on the city I was living at.

plus saddams forces arrested and forced many to stay if they tried to leave and they put sam batteries and such right on or next to houses with people in them.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent
so i guess we should tell CNN and all the other news agencies to stop sending journalists there and cease presenting any news from iraq/middle east.

can we truly achieve a "no news" situation from iraq/middle east?. i doubt so.

russia is pretty good at keeping press out of chechnya, we should study what their doing and do the same as them to ban the press.

violation of free speech sure but its a warzone afterall.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Kind of pointless trying to justify killing innocent people in a country just because someone from that country happened to kill someone from your own place.

"Yeah, common dudes~~ A muslim killed my buddy, let's bomb the muslims~ Why just kill one of them, let's kill them all~They all have the same weird religion..." duh.

"And the innocent people knew we were coming... They stayed at home so it's not Our fault that they got bombed." ~
~ Brilliant reasoning.

"Terrorists are just bad guys~They kill for fun, they actually enjoy it..." Yeah right. Are you trying to say they don't have a f.....g reason?

Beheading is not nice, I agree. However, let's not forget that these are not the only bad things going around in this world. And "certain" groups are not the only bad/evil groups in the world. Let's just face it, we're all here trying to conquer this world more or less.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I can only agree let us get those babaric animals..

Oh...

you were not referring to the Americans?

[/

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah they only want to hurt innocents...

Oh...

You not talking about the Americans...

[/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join