It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

If you display the list by active topics, it shows the recently replied threads from your favorite forums.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Julie Washington

If you display the list by active topics, it shows the recently replied threads from your favorite forums.

Yes thanks, I see that - however -

I would love if it was sorted by "Category" than by time - I would find more preferrable.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Has chat been disabled? It's all greyed out for me, unless I've been banned from chat for some reason unknown to me. I haven't acted up in there since at least 2008

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the other thread.

edit on 24-9-2010 by DeltaNine because: My rowdy and replusive nature.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the ATS Issues thread above for information on why chat is temporally closed, not forever but don't know how long.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've put an edit in mate, I saw that. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Thank you for replacing the MyATS button. I love this new setup. I do have to agree with the person asking about the Top button though; can we get that back?
I also would like to add my thanks for replacing the MyATS button.

I'm sure you got enough complaints about some of the site changes and I didn't really whine too much about the way the MyATS button was buried inside another menu, but I really didn't like it.

Usually when people are afforded the opportunity to customize things, they like to have access to their favorite selections in as few keystrokes and menu choices as possible. So putting the My ATS back as one of the top menu options is really the right thing to do. I don't know what you were thinking when you removed it, maybe it was to get a cleaner, simpler look to the top menu, but I'll take better functionality every time when give the choice between functionality and a cleaner look. And having one of the most frequently used options (for me at least, and I suspect for others as well)as one of the top menu options makes very good sense.

Thank you!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I must say that I very much like what is done to the place.

Thank you all for the hard work.

I do have a request tho.

I liked it very much when the extra options behind the toolbar buttons were automatic.instead of click first.
With the new and improved toolbar that is no longer the case. Is it possible to make this automatic again ?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey SO, any chance you would consider making the TOOLS menu default to the member profile instead of account settings? Reason: At least for me, I access my profile to keep track of things way more than I ever need to access my account settings. It would be nice for the profile to be one click away instead of two. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Support this idea. Defaulting to Member Profile would be MUCH appreciated.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Consider this another vote for defaulting to the profile

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I second that idea or third it.

I use the Public Profile page in a way like the My ATS page...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I err..4th that!

I'd love to have a button that goes straight to our profile again.

edit on 25-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
5th

it would make things a tad bit easier

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Okay, is changing everyone's avatar to the same pic of a beautiful girl a part of the 2010 changes? If so, I guess they chose a decent pic!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am truly surprised, and taken somewhat aback that you allow any changes to go live before ALL bugs were worked out.

I, as a professional software engineer and web developer, find this to be the height of unprofessionalism. Y'all really can do better.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
I am truly surprised, and taken somewhat aback that you allow any changes to go live before ALL bugs were worked out.

The issue with the prior menu wasn't a bug, but an issue related to the Javascript library used and a dynamic site where "no-cache" is forced in the browser header. It's simply not the kind of thing one can anticipate until big user traffic is realized, and performance is analyzed.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am starting to get a bit nervous about visiting this site! I just clicked on "recent posts" to refresh the page and was redirected to "google dot com" But the page did not finish loading before my a.v. or firewall stopped it. I just need to know that my pc is not at risk from visiting this site, as it is my link to the world and I could never afford to replace it. I'm off to run logs and scans. Any advice or input?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know full well that I am a complete nobody here a ats and deservidly so, but 24 hours with no reply at all?? come on, nobody responded to even tell me how wrong I was for posting such a thing in the wrong forum. I would have at least expected a rebuke from a certain mod for posting in the wrong place. Geeessshhh guess I should quit now

edit on 9/26/2010 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I do not like this new look and it makes me uncomfortable so I havent been posting or reading much.

If there is an option to change back I would appreciate knowing about it.

thanks ATS for all the great discussions I hope something can be done to resolve this issue as I am not the only person who feels this way.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I put up a new thread this afternoon and just about everytime I attempt to make a reply in it, it redirects me to this page
www.abovetopsecret.com... after I hit the reply button, and the post I made is never added to the thread???

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join