It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

That's not how it should look, and not what I see on my mix of computers and browsers here.

What are you using?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That's not what I see at all. everything is as its supposed to be...XP SP3 here with latest Firefox...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

This is what you should be seeing:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aedf74ae648a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What happened to the "new threads" that were on the side? Is that gone for good? Wow, that is basically how I browsed ATS. I feel lost without it and don't know where to go.

--airspoon

edit on 29-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Firefox 3.6.8. Interestingly, if I zoom in far enough (ctrl + mouse-wheel), the avatars snap to the left? Does it matter if the browser isn't set to 96 dpi?

Edit: if I reset Firefox to 96 dpi, the avatars are on the left, but the "Search ATS" box still goes off the right side of the page.

edit on September 29th 2010 by Ian McLean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
What happened to the "new threads" that were on the side? Is that gone for good? Wow, that is basically how I browsed ATS.

--airspoon

Yea me too, made looking at the main threads much easier. Really hope you'll bring that back, I hate going through the recent posts board.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I was just able to reproduce that on my FireFox/Win7 combo... yes, when you're zoomed-out past the normal state, that's what happens as Windows apparently doesn't scale the font sizes down on a zoom-out.

That's an interesting one.

link   

Yes, I've had that problem (view) with the search bar going off into the margins and the background skin, from the beginning. Also using Firefox.

link   

Mine looked like that for a few minutes, but it repaired itself.

I refreshed it several times, but I'm sure you tried that.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Very much like the new P - F - S - W ranking system.

It's a lot more fair to those who are great posters but don't start many threads.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am getting replys under the avatars. Latest version Firefox

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What happened to the "new threads" that were on the side? Is that gone for good?

In reviewing the click-stream data in the site analytics, a stunningly low percentage of people actually used those links. In the redesign, we opted to give more space for posts by removing an item that appeared to have very limited actual use.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Where did ATS go ?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

What happened to the "new threads" that were on the side? Is that gone for good?

In reviewing the click-stream data in the site analytics, a stunningly low percentage of people actually used those links. In the redesign, we opted to give more space for posts by removing an item that appeared to have very limited actual use.

Hms I find that very surprising. guess I'll just have to get used to it this way. Oh well, still looks great, awesome job!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
hahhahaha

I am LOVINGGGGG THE CHANGESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWWWWWW

Do you have a gamer version of Michelangelo as your designer?

The green is nice, a nice UFO look, and everything else is just fantastic
Just the menu, I prefer the old menu, this one requires 2 clickthroughs to get to profile

Still though, amazing job!

I'm loving the changes, is this final?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Firefox 3.6.8. Interestingly, if I zoom in far enough (ctrl + mouse-wheel), the avatars snap to the left? Does it matter if the browser isn't set to 96 dpi?

From what I'm seeing, this is a common problem in Windows FireFox 3.6.___ and has been officially identified as a bug. On my Mac with FireFox 3.6.10 the entire page zooms-in-and-out proportionately with no problems.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm loving the changes, is this final?

Very, very close to final.

Also, the actual HTML needed to display threads has decreased by about 50% -- especially for pages with 20 posts displayed. So there should also be a noticeable performance boost for slower connections.

And the structure is using HTML div-tags and CSS for positioning, which also typically "renders" much faster in modern browsers than the old format.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Me too, the new thread view looks great

Only thing is, the default font for peoples' signatures seems disproportionately small and hard to read compared to everything else on the page, could it be increased by a couple sizes?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Not just Windows; I'm running Gentoo Linux x86_64...

If I edit 2010board-1029.css and change to:

#threadpost[ float: left; width: 925px; ...

the problem goes away.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Only thing is, the default font for peoples' signatures seems disproportionately small and hard to read compared to everything else on the page, could it be increased by a couple sizes?

I might increase it a tad... but as you may be able to tell, the new layout works hard to remove anything that may have been "unnecessary clutter" that got in the way of actually reading what people write.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join