It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police nab puppy killer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What I really want to know is what was going through her head when she did it, news articles should try to cover that. Anyway I think she might need psychiatric consultation.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
What I really want to know is what was going through her head when she did it, news articles should try to cover that. Anyway I think she might need psychiatric consultation.

Who really knows.. I just consider her one of the many idiots who make videos like this and post them on the internet.

I mean, how many cat in cage set on fire videos do we have.. dozens. And the Japanese lady who used stilettos to step on live kittens...

Despite what anyone wants to believe, there are absolutely horrid evil vermin masquerading as humans on this planet... each one has a loving mother and father at one point.

But I do know that a 12 year old capable of this, has a limited future outside of therapy.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So true. Starred.

ProtoplasmicTraveler and 547000

I understand where you are both coming from, the position that Human life is more important and precious than evrything else and that there are bigger injustices out there than drowning a few pups.

The point here though with this Whole SORRY episode is that the Continual DE-sensitization that videos like this cause undermine our whole society.

Our respect to nature and the Environment around us, a point 547000 was trying (?) to make with the analagy of spiders being drowned, is continually being damaged and destroyed by those who think this subject is trivial.
It is NOT trivial when someone under instruction or otherwise is videoed 'enjoying' what is a crime against sentient beings and nature.

As a race we will WAKE up one day and realise what we have lost and the continual perspective about this NOT being a crime only speeds us towards that enivitable end time...

We all know it was wrong, Just accept it, LEARN and move on...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
Fortunately for me I still feel even the lobster situation is a little cruel... but their so tasty it's worth it. hmmm lol

And this illustrates the point I'm making, in regards to the cognitive dissonance that must be involved in people that have these double-standards.

Nothing personal against you, but can you not see the hypocrisy in criticising cruelty to these puppies, while endorsing the cruelty that lobsters endure, because they ''taste nice'' ?

I'm struggling to understand how one can reconcile these these two views.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Not the article I read. So I don't care what you are afraid of... If that is the case, I feel no less disgust at her fervent attitude. I'm glad that makes you feel better however.

Still, Not in the article I read.

Of course, we don't know the full ''ins and outs'' of this case, but I had read that her grandmother instructed her to dispose of them, as they were sick.

I was just taking issue at your statement that implied that the ''only reason'' she did this was for her own sadistic pleasure.

Originally posted by badw0lfAs westernised humans, we have a common understanding when it comes to animals being slaughtered to feed the populace.

Again, I'm disputing your implication that animals that taste nice aren't ''innocent''.

Why is a dog ''innocent'', but cows, sheep and pigs aren't ?

Does the fact that an animal tastes nice, mean that it's ''innocence'' is negated, in your view ?

If you think just because you eat lamb, that it's OK to kill kittens or puppies, you are sick.

I don't think it's ok to eat lamb, nor kill kittens.

My argument is against the double-standards of those that pick and choose what animal cruelty is worthy of their indignation, while tacitly approving of other barbarism towards animals.

You come across as someone who does not care about animals at all, despite your continued reference to animals we eat to compare. You simply come across as someone who thinks very little of animals at all - and hey, humans are animals.

I'm afraid you've got my attitude towards animals completely wrong.

I am arguing the opposite.

All I am doing is highlighting the hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty of those that selectively worry about animal cruelty.

You have to be in one moral camp, or the other:

Animals are fair game for humans to be tortured and killed by humans.

All animals are equal, and should be treated as such ( wherever possible ) by humans.

I have to say the double-standards of some on this issue, really infuriate me, and I'm a pretty easy going man !

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To those defending this girl:
Would you let this girl take care of your pets while you are away on vacation?
Would you let this girl babysit for you?

To those people asking "Where is the outrage when it comes to the killing of innocent people in _ _ _ _ ?"
The outrage is written in threads dealing with that subject, the outrage is expressed by the many people protesting the injustices. In the girls case something can be done, in the other case you are asking us to take on the worlds most powerful armies, we try, we spread the information, we write to the news papers when they decide to ignore certain things.
Knowing that you are not going to be able to win the fight makes you want to stop and not try any more.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Yes to both questions. She's not evil for making poor choices or not being somber. Maybe you should read up more about this case and see why.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by 547000]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I understand where you are both coming from, the position that Human life is more important and precious than evrything else and that there are bigger injustices out there than drowning a few pups.

No I don't believe you understand where I am coming from if this is your conclusion.

All life is equal in my eyes.

I am trying to display two things I believe in relation to this story:

1. The girl is a product of the world we have all created, a world that is largely indifferent, prone to violence, where perception of might makes right is more valid to people in general than any clear cut consistent morality.

2. That posters who want to be locked in a cell with a 12 year old girl so they can beat her savagely, posters who want her hanged or drowned, posters who want her torn limb from limb by a pack of angry dogs, posters who want to see her imprisoned for the rest of her life are in fact the very same people who shape the above environment, of indifference, violence and might makes right thinking.

So having said that, the girl is 12, born into a war torn nation that is the only one since Nazi Germany that was effected by genuine War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity and Genocide.

Not 60 years ago but back throughout the nineties.

She isn't living in Any Town USA or Any Village UK, but in a world many of us would find beyond our own ability to comprehend as it is beyond her ability to comprehend.

Yet what one poster gleaned through local articles published in Croatia regarding the story, is that the girl's grandmother determined the puppies were infested with parasites, and told her to destroy them.

She is 12.

How many posters have 12 year old children out there?

How many posters who have 12 year old children out there would react kindly to so many annonymous sadists and emotional cripples describing in perverse detail what forms of violence they would like to visit on your 12 year old child.

So if you or others imagine this girl has lost her humanity, WOW and I DO MEAN WOW many posters are about 500 more times frightening because THEY AREN'T 12.

They aren't living in some war torn 3rd world dirt poor country, and they truly don't care about the details of what happened in this circumstance, or the state of our over all world.

They care that they have an excuse to display their own desire to be sadistic, violent, vengeful unforgiving, and basically everything else that is wrong with the world that breeds little girls who have to make bad choices from a slate of bad options.

Try to reason it through, and do some real math, not based on the factors you would like to add to the equation but the real factors that went into the equation.

12 year old girl
Poverty Stricken 12 year old girl
War torn 3rd world country
Vermin infested puppies
Grandmother who tells her she has to destroy them

In other words no shiney veteranary clinic in a brand new strip mall, and no VISA card to pay the vet with, and a child being tasked by an adult to do what no child should be asked to do, but something that had to be done none the less.

All life is equal including the little girls.

She is a LITTLE GIRL.

She is a product of a world we have all EQUALLY CREATED.

War, poverty, hunger, blind indifference, with more people prone to acts of violence, and retribution than they are to charity and kindness.

The thread displays that last part very well.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
1 puppy died during the making of that video , 5/6 puppies are still alive

and she gets fined 5000$ ,

give me a brake ,

might aswell shove wasabi up my rear and run throu town shouting eureka

dont step on the grass its alive...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
By that logic, we should take stray insects we find to the humane society. Get them vaccinated against rabies and have them spayed or neutered.

You clearly know there is a difference between a dog and a spider. If you don't, then you should run on over to Disney.com and check out their educational section.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Killing a spider isn't considered animal abuse...killing a dog is.

Isn't considered, being the operative phrase.

As far as I understand it, all animals are related, so why the double-standards here ?

From a logical and philosophical perspective, surely one should either believe that all animals are fair game for being killed by humans, or all animals should be treated with equal respect by humans ?

Any alternative doesn't make sense, and there must be a whole lot of cognitive dissonance involved in the people that form any kind of ''pecking order'' in how certain animals should, or should not, be treated.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
You clearly know there is a difference between a dog and a spider. If you don't, then you should run on over to Disney.com and check out their educational section.

Clearly

Spiders are useful & beautiful creatures

Dogs are the complete opposite

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
By that logic, we should take stray insects we find to the humane society. Get them vaccinated against rabies and have them spayed or neutered.

Sorry, that's a logical fallacy there.

I haven't made a comment regarding any animal vaccination or neutering.

Originally posted by General.LeeYou clearly know there is a difference between a dog and a spider. If you don't, then you should run on over to Disney.com and check out their educational section.

No, there's no difference.

There's no difference between a human, dog, or spider.

Any suggested ''difference'' that is posited, is made by humans that have something gnawing away at their conscience.

Attempting to justify animal cruelty on one hand, while being egotistically driven to criticise equal animal cruelty on the other hand, seems slightly bizarre to me.

Once again, how do you people post this stuff, while keeping a straight face ?!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Bread and circus

Bread and circus

Bread and circus

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

It is NOT trivial when someone under instruction or otherwise is videoed 'enjoying' what is a crime against sentient beings and nature.

As a race we will WAKE up one day and realise what we have lost and the continual perspective about this NOT being a crime only speeds us towards that enivitable end time...

We all know it was wrong, Just accept it, LEARN and move on...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

You understand better then some who post on this subject

This "LITTLE GIRL" has NO excuse for what she did to those puppies!
Some posters on here might attempt to due their own twisting and manipulating with piss poor EXCUSES too!
The truth is some posters try to be killjoy's.
This little girl IS 12 years old for goodness sake! Certainly old enough to know better! Old enough to enjoy what she was doing too.

To attempt to paint a false picture of her plight in life can't be excused as "ignorance" but can be seen as an obvious attempt or experimentation of manipulating emotions as it is true emotions can be manipulated.

As for people prone to acts of violence? That happens everywhere regardless of location.

A hard life crosses all boundaries for many children but that is no excuse to harm another.

There is NO excuse for the actions of this pre-teen! I saw no "need" to obey due to fear, just the fact that she had access to a disposable glove shows me the "poverty" excuse doesn't cut it.

The giggling. That says a lot to me.
As for infested puppies, the majority of puppies, kittens and other creatures similar have worms or fleas early on and there are natural remedies that can be used to lessen the infestation.

We all have our own story to tell that could have led us into this kind of behavior BUT since we aren't victims, we over come and become the best we can be.

Think about it.
1. This was a sad story that united many people around the world

2. Although many reacted with strong emotions, when face to face with the responsibility of "justice" would have made responsible and rational decisions in reality.
3. This could be the foundation of something great. This week, it was the injustice of helpless puppies, next week, maybe many in the world will again be in agreement and take the same steps to locate another injustice and maybe it would be that of a child?
4. The natural feelings of pleasure that this older child was located, that she will have to pay a price for her actions is not to be held as guilt over anyone's head.
For a moment in time, many people came together and a mystery was solved, the crime is being addressed.
We are here for a short time so we should be allowed the pleasure of justice and not to be made to feel guilty for feeling a natural positive emotion!

Anyone who denies someone of a positive that IS a positive, is a jerk.

sl

[edit on 4-9-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

And so... how does one go about spaying and neutering SPIDERS???

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Really? Waterboarding for each puppy? You my friend are a true humanitarian. A real compassionate soul. Apparently you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what waterboarding actually involves and the terror involved in it. You have no idea what this girl's circumstances were nor do you know if she enjoyed doing what she did or if it was her idea to videotape and post it. Perhaps, just maybe she was doing what she was told to do by someone above her. She may have not had a choice in it but yet the whole world is on a vigilante mission to destroy her. I say it's a little reckless to just rile up the masses against this girl without knowing the whole story. If she is tortured for this by some crazy person with ideas such as yours, her pain will rest squarely on yours and other vengence crazed internet dwellers' shoulders.
Just curious if you are this vigilant about abortion clinics. You sure sound like the type just for a different species. Maybe you should be investigated for your ideas about torturing humans. How would you like the entire world hunting you down if it turns out that she is wrongly tortured because of your ideas? Hmmm... maybe we should be more thoughtful before we post.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

LOL.

I wouldn't know, nor would I wish to know.

Then again, I consider neutering dogs and cats to be an act of animal cruelty.
But like I say, that is not the issue at hand here !

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure as to why news of the woman who threw the dogs of the bridge being captured is on the front page of ATS.
I guess it is pretty interesting news, but it's not necessarily related to conspiracy
I don't know, it just seems a bit foofy to be on the front page of a serious alternative news and conspiracy website
Just saying...

[edit on 4-9-2010 by sbergema]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

LOL.

I wouldn't know, nor would I wish to know.

Then again, I consider neutering dogs and cats to be an act of animal cruelty.
But like I say, that is not the issue at hand here !

So if spaying and neutering is an act of cruelty... is it okay if the state taxes you for your lack of responsibility as a pet owner when your pet gets lost or abandoned and starts to multiply at an alarming rate and becomes a public nuisance???

Think of others... not just YOURSELF before you respond... m'kay???

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So if spaying and neutering is an act of cruelty... is it okay if the state taxes you for your lack of responsibility as a pet owner when your pet gets lost or abandoned and starts to multiply at an alarming rate and becomes a public nuisance???

Of course the state should tax you, if you are selfish enough to have a pet, and tax you more, if your pet produces a plethora of offspring.

What on earth are people doing ''owning'' pets in the first place ?

Other than the blind, and others that may be able to be helped by an animal, I cannot see any reason why someone would want to ''own'' a pet, other than as an extension of their ego.

Think of others... not just YOURSELF before you respond... m'kay???

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Other than the juvenile South Park reference at the end, it makes no sense because I have not posted anything that implies that I am selfish, and neglect the feelings of others.

Au contraire, I am amongst the people that are showing the most empathy and fellow feeling in this thread !

Now, please Think before you post your tedious nonsense, in future.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join