It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police nab puppy killer

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by john_bmth
....because drowning puppies in a river is perfectly normal behaviour, isn't it?

Technically she didn't drown them

She only threw them, to drown them she would have to had physically held them under the water, again by saying she drowned them it makes the act seem more horrendous than it actually was

Sure, and a murder didn't kill the victim, he just pulled the trigger. Technically it was the bullet that did the deed.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Speaking of animals that spread diseases, are we justified in killing pigeons?

Yes and rats (within moderation).

But don't forget that if you kill ALL the disease bearers...... then the germs and fleas and bacteria will find a new host.....

HUMANS.

Moderation.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
When i was a little boy i used to pick up ants and put them into spiders webs to watchhow the spider would kill it...

And I see absolutely no difference between what you did as a child, and what this girl did.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I think that says more about you as a human being than anything else. Are people just like ants to you as well? To be squashed at a whim?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Don't complain to me the next time you get sick, when your favourite cheese has been intoxicated by the regurgitated fly vomit that is slowly breaking down and dissolving your food, as the bloated, maddening creature sucks and vomits on your food, occasionaly dropping bacteria ridden feces and partially digested ooze onto your sandwiches.

I don't kill files, and I've never been sick.

Nor have I ever had fly vomit on my cheese... I have a fridge.

You appear to be under the misapprehension that people that don't kill flies, have houses that are swarming with them.

This isn't true, and there are no flies, to my knowledge, in my house.

It is easy to get rid of them, as they are attracted to light, so you just turn off the lights, close the curtains, and open the back door.

Jobs a good 'un.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
I think that says more about you as a human being than anything else. Are people just like ants to you as well? To be squashed at a whim?

Who squashes ants ?!

I think that that says more about you as a human being, if you consider it is ''ok'' to kill another living creature ''on a whim''.

You are no better than this girl in the story.

XL5

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Who squashes ants? Every one who walks outside does.

At this point it seems like there has to be people who have insect sanctuaries in their homes and cry when ever they go out for a walk. Maybe they also cry when they shower as the bacteria are dieing. Really, how far down the list of living creature do you want to go just to proove a point?

If she were 30-40 I'm sure it would be a different story huh. If it was a man...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Who squashes ants? Every one who walks outside does.

At this point it seems like there has to be people who have insect sanctuaries in their homes and cry when ever they go out for a walk. Maybe they also cry when they shower as the bacteria are dieing. Really, how far down the list of living creature do you want to go just to proove a point?

Don't be silly.

We are clearly talking about intentionally killing animals.

The other poster implied that he'd squash ants ''on a whim''.

Which makes him as sick as this Bosnian girl.

XL5

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Feeding ants to spiders seems fair payment for ruining their webs. Its not like he was burning them with a big lens. He was helping a spider, a life for a life. They are still insects, far from animals and not because of the cute factor. Insects IMO are an excuse to pass blame. What were to happen if they were human babies that were sick and she was told to kill them?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Feeding ants to spiders seems fair payment for ruining their webs. Its not like he was burning them with a big lens. He was helping a spider, a life for a life. They are still insects, far from animals and not because of the cute factor. Insects IMO are an excuse to pass blame. What were to happen if they were human babies that were sick and she was told to kill them?

Would it be okay to throw puppies into a cave of bears? We're just helping feed the bears.

See, it's just us humans saying, "We like this organism more, so it's not okay to kill it". Birds and rats are animals too. You say they spread diseases. Okay, fine, these puppies were diseased too.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't kill sick babies. Whereas many people would put down sick animals/pets, not just her.

XL5

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You can't take sick ants and spiders to the vet for treatment or death, nor can you give them to loving homes. For that fact, you can't compare dogs and insects. Maybe you personally know this girl since you KNOW she would have done the same to human babies.

Did hitler deserve to die?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Feeding ants to spiders seems fair payment for ruining their webs. Its not like he was burning them with a big lens. He was helping a spider, a life for a life.

I am sure it was done more out of morbid curiosity, than to help the spider in question.

This is perfectly common, and I'm not criticising the poster for doing what he did, as a child.

However, it is no different to what the girl in the story was doing.

Originally posted by XL5
They are still insects, far from animals

Insects are animals.

Originally posted by XL5
Insects IMO are an excuse to pass blame.

No, people's attitudes towards them, are an example of the rampant hypocrisy that permeates throughout this thread.

People are willing to pick and choose which animal killings are worthy of their pious indignation.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
You can't take sick ants and spiders to the vet for treatment or death, nor can you give them to loving homes.

So what ?

What relevance does that have to our attitudes towards other animals' lives ?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
who cares about some stupid dogs.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This kid is sicko. She should not be allowed to roam free in society only to later commit even more hideous acts of perversion. Almost all serial killers begin their path with animal abuse, deriving enjoyment from it.
I say put her on some kind of dipping machine and near drown her 6 times! Sick Bi***

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
who cares about some stupid dogs.

Having a "moment" there fianna?
Need attention?
U2U me if you want a friend because it's obvious you are either bored or for some strange reason you need attention.
If you have something to say, please say more than one sentence bc I don't think too many posters are going to ask you to elaborate without a lot of insults first.

....nevermind, finish getting ready for school before you miss the bus, oh, don't forget to feed your dog and cat before you leave

sl

[edit on 7-9-2010 by sweetliberty]

XL5

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So then what about bacteria and plants? what about mosquitos? what about hitler? I don't think it will ever end if you think insects are ON PAR with an animal capable of love and being loved. Its not about the insects anyway, its about the fact that she could have taken them to a shelter for FREE, she chose not to (can't take insects to the shelter). Its about the fact that she video taped it AND laughed when she could have done the right thing. IMO the whole puppies being on par with insects should have its own thread because its like saying horse racing is painfull for the horse becuase you can't ride a dog. Insects can not show love.

Yes, everybody hates insects, the reason is that they can't show love or emotion and they cannot be pet in general. Reverse those two facts and they may be on par with puppies even with the creepyness.

Sphynx cats are hairless, a lot less cute and petting them would be odd, yet, they are still sold and bought. Love is the difference.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

When i was a little boy i used to pick up ants and put them into spiders webs to watchhow the spider would kill it...

And I see absolutely no difference between what you did as a child, and what this girl did.

lol

Don't make me laugh.... what i was doing as a child back then is nothing like what this girl in Bosnia did... nothing at all!!

I was experimenting and watching with ore... she was killing and excited about it... plus i'd never throw a puppy into a cave full of bears!!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
no i am serious. when we were in the military we would shoot dogs all the time. dont want some mutt giving away your position.its just an animal and with all the other issues out there i think you got your priorites twisted.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Don't make me laugh.... what i was doing as a child back then is nothing like what this girl in Bosnia did... nothing at all!!

I was experimenting and watching with ore... she was killing and excited about it... plus i'd never throw a puppy into a cave full of bears!!

It is the same.

You were killing an animal out of interest and curiosity, it is only because you have an arbitrary ''pecking order'' of the worthiness of life, between different animals, that you can't see how this is exactly the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join