It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police nab puppy killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Police nab puppy killer

www.fudzilla.com

Police have apparently managed to locate and identify a young woman featured in a graphic and disturbing video posted on YouTube and carried by numerous news outlets.

The video shows the girl throwing several puppies into a raging river and needless to say it has caused worldwide outrage and prompted animal rights groups and individuals to offer sizable awards for her identification. Popcorn flick director Michael Bay has even offered a $50,000 bounty on information leading to her arrest and numerous groups of online vigilantes have trying to establish her identity were formed over the past
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dnevniavaz.ba

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Twisted Girl Throws Puppies in River

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
That girl who threw those puppies into a river has been identified and caught.

This video caused an outrage amongst animal lovers online (myself included).

When I was reading the thread on this the other day, some folk stated that this was common practice among farmers. Fair enough, you have a lot of animals to feed, food costs money.

That being said, I still think it was a disgusting act and the fact that they posted it on Youtube tells me that they got a kick out of drowning these puppies and seemed almost proud of what they did.

These people could have dealt with this situation a little more tactfully imo.

www.fudzilla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There was something like this in the UK recently with a middle aged woman throwing a cat into a bin and slamming the lid down leaving it trapped for 15 hours

Why people do this I dont know
But with the aid of the internet and youtube it lightly highlights how much of this goes on and banishes the stigma of animal cruelty being predominately Male or Female.

I wonder what her laughable punishment will be :/

Thanks OP

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Ctankep]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
When I was reading the thread on this the other day, some folk stated that this was common practice among farmers. Fair enough, you have a lot of animals to feed, food costs money.

I know I got into trouble for going down a similar path in another recent thread, but may I just ask why you'd think it was ''fair enough'' to kill lambs, piglets and calves in this way, but not puppies ?

Surely, the level of terror and pain involved for all of these animals is the same ?

I agree with you, in the fact that the people involved wanted to post this on the internet, shows that they must have got some kick out of it, and wanted to brag about their ''exploits''.

I haven't watched the video personally, but I've read enough comments from people that have.

I'm glad the Bosnian police have actually apprehended the suspect.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

Excellent piece of news!

Although I can understand the need to terminate unwanted animals on farms, I can also think of many faster and more humane ways in which to carry it out than drowning them. Also, I agree that they should have been handled with more respect and that filming it and posting it on YouTube shows a callousness and perverse attitude towards carrying out a task that would upset most people and would be impossible to many.

S&F

XL5

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I would suggest 1 hour of waterboarding for every pup killed AND have that video placed on youtube/net. Even if it is a common thing for farmers to do, you can still find many people willing to take them. Its not like she had to walk far to find people, not like it was maybe 200 years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

There will be no punishment for her as the article says she is too young to be charged.
She is a juvenile so she will not be identified or charged.

From the source-------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday police in the sleepy Bosnian town of Bugojno announced they have identified the puppy killer and her parents, but we cannot reveal her name due to legal issues. According to some unconfirmed reports, she is just 12 years old, which means that she cannot face criminal charges and she cannot be officially named as the culprit, as all criminal investigations involving juveniles are confidential. However, under Bosnian law her parents, identified only by their initials M.P. and M.P. could be faced with a fine of up to €6000. Under the current penal code, some forms of animal abuse are punishable by short prison terms, but as the girl is apparently under 14, this does not appear to be an option.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Would she be arrested for chucking spiders down a river?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you can't tell the difference between killing a spider and killing a dog then i sure hope you don't own any pets.
Killing a spider isn't considered animal abuse...killing a dog is.

Ask the next scared girl if it was ok that you killed that spider,then ask if its ok to kill a dog.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why? Because spiders don't feel pain? Some people have pet spiders ya know?

Every time you are swatting a fly you are killing it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I've read the threads concerning this and I think the point that some are missing is that she enjoyed doing this.

That is the outrage in my mind.

Yes emotions run high, it's been shown that pet-people will take better care of thier animals then they do of themselves (in the US pet owners spend more on thier pets then they do on personal grooming/beauty aids by something like 2-3x).

It doesn't matter that they were puppies instead of spiders, what matters is that this kid enjoyed killing them. Some other person enjoyed filming it and thought it would be cool to post it online.

Do some research, the one thing serial killers have in common with one another is that they usually tortured animals as children.

ETA

'...sleepy Bosnian town...'?

The police may not be able to ID her and her parents, but having lived in small towns...everyone knows who she is and what she did.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

A pet is a pet.
It has personal attachment and relies on you for food and care.
You have a responsibility to it to care for it.
What she did was not cool...if you can't see that then I can't help you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I enjoy eating dead animals like cows, sheep, lambs, etc.

I enjoy it dammit! Do I get arrested for enjoying the slaughter of animals?

Did you know most farmers back in the day would do these sorts of things?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Killing a spider isn't considered animal abuse...killing a dog is.

Isn't considered, being the operative phrase.

As far as I understand it, all animals are related, so why the double-standards here ?

From a logical and philosophical perspective, surely one should either believe that all animals are fair game for being killed by humans, or all animals should be treated with equal respect by humans ?

Any alternative doesn't make sense, and there must be a whole lot of cognitive dissonance involved in the people that form any kind of ''pecking order'' in how certain animals should, or should not, be treated.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I enjoy eating meat too, but when I worked in a slaughterhouse to help pay for university I avoided the kill floor. I understand and accept it as a neccesary evil as a carnivore, but does that mean that the animals should be brutally killed?

There are inspectors that verify that the animals are treated as humanely as possible and that the process is as quick and painless as possible.

There is a difference here and you're missing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's more to do with culture really, for example over here in the UK i would feel it is wrong for people to keep dogs or cats for food, but if i was in a country that culturally deemed it fine i wouldn't mind and would probably even try some dog meat soup etc. Quite strange, but it's just how i feel. When it comes to any animal though i would hope it is killed in a humane manner....large reason why i don't eat fast food or cheap factory meat.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
No, you're missing the hypocrisy here. Back in the day many poor people in rural places would do things like this. Are they necessarily evil? Should she be arrested because she wasn't somber?

And what is this, precrime?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
There are inspectors that verify that the animals are treated as humanely as possible and that the process is as quick and painless as possible.

There is a difference here and you're missing it.

You sure about this statement? maybe you should watch this video..

Google Video Link

Cause from what i see Your statement is straight wrong.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Thats ridiculous. Do they not have juvenile prison in Bosnia?

Sometimes I think people who treat animals like this get off way to lightly.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

And what is this, precrime?

No, it's real crime. It's called Cruelty to Animals. Look it up, I bet the community that you live in has similar laws.

Again, you are missing the point.

Did she shoot them each in the head? No.

Did she put them in a burlap bag weighted with stones and kill them en mass? No.

She enjoyed throwing them into the water one by one. She smiled as she did it.

There is no hypocrisy here friend. There is a child who enjoyed the suffering of animals.

I know family farmers and none of them enjoy slaughter day(s). They do it because it needs to be done, but they don't leap out of bed with a smile on thier face and they don't draw it out in an effort to prolong the animal's suffering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join