It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police nab puppy killer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It's amazing how so many people think you have to be cruel to be kind.

You actually do have to be cruel to be kind. I mean the real science of how compassion, altruism, etc., can arise and flourish in a population. You actually do have to discriminate and eliminate the "unkind" or "cruel" from a population in order for those positive qualities to take root and grow.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
For those kill animals cruelly

And just what exactly is your definition of cruelly killing animals ? Isn't it cruel to kill an animal no matter the method of exacting its death ?

The girl threw puppies into a river, it's not as she sat there and ripped their legs off or some other sadistic method of killing them.

You people who care more for the welfare of animal over humans make me sick.

You know what's really ironic, 10 people could get murdered tomorrow and most people would just go "meh it happens" but throw 5 puppies in a river and everyone is out with their pitch forks & lanterns looking for blood!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Humanity starts at your own front doorstep. If you can't get it right with helpless creatures in your charge... why should anyone trust you to get it right with your own species???

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

The truth is far from that because people will put a hierarchy on animals and what they deem ok to kill and not to kill (going back to the spider vs dog argument)

Also I'm sure using your theory of "humanity" then I'd say 99% of posters in this thread are inhumane for killing helpless creatures like spiders, ants, flies etc and therefore have no right to speak out against what this girl did

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
God forbid a video of a person throwing kittens surfaces on youtube. That would unleash a fury that would dwarf this puppy incident 20 fold.

And if your going to euthanize puppies do it the humane way. Go to the pound and have them inject lethal chemicals into their bloodstream.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK

Originally posted by 547000
What about cruelty to insects or cruelty to plants? What about all those other animals chucked into the water in the bygone days? Are those people who did it necessarily evil?

So you are claiming she should be arrested because she wasn't somber. Or maybe that she should be arrested lest she grow up to be a problem to society, aka precrime approach.

If you can't see the problem here--that she did not kill the puppies by means you would prefer--then hope is lost on you. Why should she be arrested if she couldn't shoot the dogs or afford to get them put down? Why is there an internet army formed because she drowned puppies whereas if she drowned spiders nothing would happen?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by 547000]
I'm trying to digest what you're saying but I keep coming up against the same two problems - A) that you're equating puppies with spiders. And B) that you're saying it's fine to enjoy killing puppies. Two pretty big flaws in your case there. You're clearly wrong sir. Which is why nobody else is agreeing with you.

A) Both are living things. It's just our human hypocrisy that say one is better than another because we like one more.

B) Many people are saying she should have shot or euthanized the puppies. They're arguing over which method of killing the puppies is better. Whether she was smiling or crying shouldn't matter in reality. You just want to charge her based on whether she was somber or not. I say if her grandmother told her to get rid of the puppies what do you expect her to do? Does she have a gun or the money to euthanize the pups? Many people accusing her post from first world countries expecting the same culture and living conditions in Bosnia, where, if you read the news at any point in the last 20 years, you would know it definitely isn't. I would accept that many would do antiquated things like drown animals they have to get rid of. And even if many don't, she's twelve. Maybe that's the best way she could reason.

You just want to arrest/torture her because she wasn't crying while doing it. Do you want to kill people, tit-for-tat, who don't cry in funerals too, just so they know what it's like to be dead? It's in poor taste not to be somber in funerals, but it's retarded to think you're justified to torture people who aren't.

Do you know they eat dogs in some parts of Asia? Is that wrong too?

Oh, and compared to other possible methods of killing them, this is pretty humane. As another poster said, it's not like she ripped them apart limb-by-limb or real sadistic torture. That is true animal cruelty. You just want to torture her because she was not sad.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by 547000]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The difference between caring about domesticated animals vs insects or even human beings is that DOMESTICATED animals rely on the kindness and caring of "human beings" for their welfare and health.

To say "oh well she threw them in the river, its not cruel". Really? Tell you what, seeing as those puppies couldn't swim.. how about I go and break your legs and throw you in a river. Lets see how humane you feel it is then.

Honestly if this little piece of filth really cared about being "humane" in killing the 3 DAY OLD puppies she could have just as easily snapped their necks, killing them instantly. Instead she chose to giggle and smile and toss them one by one into a cold river.

I dont agree with killing any animal (or bugs for that matter.. I used to hate spiders and stomp them but now I don't). Why? Because I guess I realize the value of life. I saw videos of slaughter houses and the sickness in human and their callous disregard for any "life" other than their own. Cutting a cows throat while is head is locked and it is still alive... is that ok? Skinning animals alive for their fur... is that ok?

Its the vanity and greed of human beings that bring about this attitude towards other creatures. The Native Americans knew about these things. "Only hunt what you need". Now we just mass produce animals and slaughter them in the sickest ways just so we can have our McNuggets, or our fur coat.

So honestly I'm supposed to care more about people than animals? Sorry... I don't. Children and helpless human beings? Yes. Everyone else? No... I'd sooner save an animal.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Oh okay, so what if she threw baby bears into the river?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
I see. In other words abandoning them without spaying and neutering them... because spaying and neutering is animal cruelty in your book. Better to let them multiply and struggle for survival unsupervised totally on their own... right???

They'll be able to manage just fine.

Why would they, and their offspring, struggle for survival ?

Cats can easily survive without humans. In fact we've got a few stray cats in my area, that manage to cope well enough.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK
A) that you're equating puppies with spiders.

What is the difference between these two animals, other than an arbitrary ''pecking order'' that some people wish to classify them under ?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Really, do you imagine the woman's world is contained in just what is written in that article. That she is not a hindu? That she does not believe in reincarnation?That the need was only created by the calf's mother dying, and that her own belief system played no part in it.

How do you know she is Hindu and believes in reincarnation? Do all Hindu believe in re-incarnation?

You seem to have a hard time seeing anything beyond the very narrow context of the media it is presented in. Should we all form hard and fast opinions in regards to your own life solely by what you post on ATS or is there more to you than just that?

The only one trying hard to shield a criminal is you lets see
Old Excuses diffused:
[CHECK] She was poor (she had a videocam but no dont look at that she is poor)
[CHECK] Her country was at war even before she was born
[CHECK] People die allover the world in wars
[CHECK] Her Grandmother told her

New Excuses in process:
[CHECK] It's the RELIGION
[CHECK] The pups had rabies (not true)
[In process] ....................(creating more)

Do you personally know any REAL women in YOUR world that breast feed rabid puppy dogs and are any of them 12 or 80?

Do you shield animal torturers who light animals? sexually terrorise them? Thats why out of guilt you are trying suppress other fellow torturers to ease your conscious? In my heart I know you dont shield them as I have followed your posts and threads for a long time (see in end*)

Is your solution even plausible for a 12 year old girl or an 80 year old woman, is it even advisable to have a gnawing puppy dog with rabbies chewing on a 12 year old's nipple or an 80 year old's nipple, when they live off of less than 4,700 a year and likely have no easy way to seek treament for a rabbies infection.

Prove that the puppies had rabies, no really prove it. As a poster had already posted before you there is difference between rabies and parasites. Oh let me guess your solution is to torture any ill human being also after all he/she will be ill and more fun in torturing when the person is poor to treat themselves. Why even bother treating them when they are poor just tie their hands and feet and throw them in river.

If you cared as much about people as you pretend to care about animals, I really doubt you would be condemning a 12 year old girl to a life time of stigmatism and punishment.

She took look lives and needs to be punished for life.

Have you ever been a parent. Have you even spent time around 12 year olds as an adult?

Have you ever had conscious? Have you ever had empathy and treated life as life? Have you ever suffered torture or pain?

(*) I have read many of your posts and threads from a long time and I know where you are coming from, I know you have empathy and care about others but your questions towards me require the answers I gave to you because you are justifying wrong now. I remember reading in one of your posts where you wrote that sometimes you take an opposite view in a thread even if you dont agree with it and I believe this is one of those threads. Your heart is not in the place but you are bent on justifying just for the sakes.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

The truth is far from that because people will put a hierarchy on animals and what they deem ok to kill and not to kill (going back to the spider vs dog argument)

I don't eat mice or creepy crawlies... but I know a few cats who do. I suppose if I wanted to eliminate VERMIN and other unhealthy infestations that are trying to intrude upon my personal space... I could always come to you for divine spiritual guidance.

Last night when I took out the garbage... a big fat juicy spider tried to dart through the open door. I instinctively stepped on it... afterwards thinking MY SPACE MY RULES. And I would have expected the same type of welcome had I (higher up in the food chain) attempted to intrude uninvited into your home seeking refuge from the elements.

SO... so much for my own previous statement... "Humanity starts at our own front doorstep..." especially when a spider comes a calling. I guess even humanity has it's protocols.

BTW... that spider on my doorstep was a synchronistic event.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

How do you know she is Hindu and believes in reincarnation? Do all Hindu believe in re-incarnation?

It's at the heart of the Hindu religion, that's like asking if all Christians believe in Christ!

[CHECK] She was poor (she had a videocam but no dont look at that she is poor)

Half the inner city youths in America have cell phone cameras, now see how many of them have enough money for a bag of chips and a soda pop in their pocket.

[CHECK] Her country was at war even before she was born

Yes it was, and what other false assumptions would you like to pretend in your mind to display your own penchant for dictating to others and what their life must be like based on your imagination and not any first hand experience or study?

[CHECK] People die allover the world in wars

It's just the puppy dogs you care about obviously. No in fact they don't die all over the world in wars, when is the last time there was a war in your neighborhood?

You think you understand war from watching youtube videos wait until a shell goes off a few feet from you. Good luck cleaning your pants!

[CHECK] Her Grandmother told her

Familiar authority figures count to young children like those who are 12 years old.

Maybe if you tried thinking intellectually instead of emotionally you could actually speak in some informative and rational manner on this topic?

Do you shield animal torturers who light animals? sexually terrorise them? Thats why out of guilt you are trying suppress other fellow torturers to ease your conscious? In my heart I know you dont shield them as I have followed your posts and threads for a long time (see in end*)

This was an utter deflection away from the direct question put to you as to whether you know any 12 year old girls or 80 year old women who offer their utters for puppies to suckle on.

So I will assume your deflective rant is meant to hide the ignorance of your argument where you previously suggested that the grandmother or the 12 year old girl would breast feed these puppies if they truly cared about animals.

Prove that the puppies had rabies, no really prove it. As a poster had already posted before you there is difference between rabies and parasites. Oh let me guess your solution is to torture any ill human being also after all he/she will be ill and more fun in torturing when the person is poor to treat themselves. Why even bother treating them when they are poor just tie their hands and feet and throw them in river.

What an other load of deflective tripe, all based on a desire for a platform to spit out angry militant garbage.

You would have to have the puppies in your possession to test the animals.

Do you understand the word logistics and that not only are all your arguments based on militant self serving and angry assumptions but that they are without exception false assumptions.

ATS is supposed to be a forum for intellectual and rational discussion on conspiracies and alternative news topics.

You might want to stop holding the rest of the world up to lofty standards you would like to see them attain and uphold when you can't even attain the basic standards of the site you are posting on.

She took look lives and needs to be punished for life.

Seriously, you need more help than that little girl.

She's 12.

Have you ever had conscious? Have you ever had empathy and treated life as life? Have you ever suffered torture or pain?

"We're all born upon the cross, with the throw before the toss"

Here is a penultimate "Angry Young Man" song.

I have lived long enough to know that your anger and rage unbalances you and robs you of the ability to make anything about what it is, but simply want to make it about you.

Who you imagine I am, and who you imagine this girl is, are in fact just your own base fears about your own inherent faults and struggle to do good.

Try to see the forest through the trees one of these days.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure if somebody has also mentioned this, but the phenomenon of "crush" videos -- where people, usually a woman in high heels, crushes animals slowly to death -- is another example of the perversity of some humans. The videos have been made illegal, I believe, but I am pretty sure there's a black market in them.

Evidently some people are sexually aroused by animal cruelty, and that is one reason why they are made and posted on public sites.

Makes you wonder if they wouldn't be even more stimulated by torturing humans. Brings to mind "snuff" films, where actual human are killed. These films are of course absolutely illegal, but again, there's a black market for them.

There is a level of human civilization that should be upheld, and I believe that torture for pleasure should fall below that level in the minds of society.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

June 1999, Florida) Okeechobee County investigators believe the death of Bryan, 28, was related to his wife's habit of stomping rabbits and mice for sexual pleasure. Stephanie, 29, was sentenced to two years of probation and community service for the death of her husband Bryan, who was found in a pit with a board over his body, crushed beneath the rear wheel of his sports utility vehicle.
Stephanie did not deny that she drove over her husband, but in her own defence she released tapes to the police showing her stomping small mammals to death. She was identified by a cryptic tattoo on her lower leg.

Such "crush" videos are sold to people who derive sexual pleasure from the sight of death, especially at the hands of a woman. "It was abhorrent and cruel," said Assistant State Attorney Bernard Romero. "My first instinct was to seek the maximum penalty."

But Stephanie contended that she was an unwilling participant in the videos, and had been beaten many times by her husband prior to his bizarre death. Stephanie was charged in July with two counts of felony animal cruelty, which were later reduced to misdemeanors.

1999 Darwin Award

This Florida Woman in fact had shot over 400 home made video tapes stomping to death a number of insects and animals, before finally crushing her own husband to death.

The Felony Animal Cruelty Charges were reduced to misdomeanors and the death of her husband was ruled involuntary manslaughter.

She served two years.

Where the world of sexual fetish is concerned nothing is taboo.

Yet in the particular case of the thread it really was a case of the girl being told to destroy the animals.

A lot of assumptions are being made about how much the girl enjoyed it based on appearances that can be decieving.

Courts actually consider a much broader range of evidence and mitigating factors than mere appearance.

It might turn out that the video was shot because the Grandmother didn't trust the girl to actually destroy the animals.

It might turn out she was smiling because in fact all but one of the puppies swam to safety.

Rushing to conclusions is not what serves justice well. Doing so without getting all the facts and mitigating circumstances doesn't either.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have 3 wonderful dogs that I love dearly and I am horrified whenever I see cruelty to animals.

However...

As far as the law is concerned, animals including pets are property. Although there are animal cruelty laws in most countries, there is a very narrow interpretation on how cruelty is actually defined.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

...and this should be changed as we evolve as a more sentient species.

Or should I have said, "IF"

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
what a sick, sick little hooker. It's a "common practice" for farmers? We live in the 21st century! Give them away or take them to a shelter. l live in the midwest out in the boonies and I've never heard of a farmer tossing anything living into a river. I think she should be tossed in the river now.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Whether she was smiling or crying shouldn't matter in reality.

Getting a kick out of killing animals such as puppies as a child is often one of many indicators of psychopathy. Animal rights issues aside, I'd say that it is of concern to society at large that a child can kill so gleefully.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
Getting a kick out of killing animals such as puppies as a child is often one of many indicators of psychopathy. Animal rights issues aside, I'd say that it is of concern to society at large that a child can kill so gleefully.

It's pretty common for children to go hunting and fishing with their fathers, killing animals.

Should all these children be put on some kind of a watch list ?

Before anybody says anything along the lines of ''That's different. They are killing for food'', I would like to stop you there, as this an intellectually dishonest argument.

There is absolutely nothing that precludes someone gaining pleasure from torturing or murdering an animal, that they wish to eat later.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join